Do you like hiking?

chomp chomp

your heart's not broken, it's only growing
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭35,650
Pronouns
She/Her
I love it! It's flat out here so I don't get to see much!

Lilac

fearless of adventure Third Place HoE Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭33,558
Sometimes. I would prefer to do it alone tbh.

as a female, i can't attempt hiking alone :HidePar:if i am a guy, i totally would.
not hiking. nope nope. What I do like is canoe riding :poggers:
I used to do it all the time as a kid when I lived 10 mins away from a lake where you could rent canoes for a day. :duckpar:
Now I want to pick it up again :tears:

i haven't tried canoe riding, but like water activities such as kayaking and river tubing :duckpar: during the hot weather, it's nice to cool off!

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,750
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
as a female, i can't attempt hiking alone :HidePar:if i am a guy, i totally would.

mhm :/

Animals are the biggest concern for me. Luckily not too much danger is around me. One time i was hiking and i encountered a split in the trial, me and a skunk surprised each other. We just stopped in place and stared at each other. Then we slowly backed away.

Siobhan Halo

Stan Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭148,450
Hiking, yep.
YTOiNUx.jpg

SirTim0thy

Karma Butterfly User of the Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭472,200
My family and I like hiking so we go on day trips or 2-3 day trips once in awhile. Nice change of scenery! We go on moderate or easy trails and not the strenuous ones :happymagi:
Do you camp overnight on the trails then? I've only done day hikes, so far.

I do, I'm fortunate to live just a short trip away from several beautiful national parks.
The US has some amazing national parks! Which ones are you near, if you don't mind sharing that?

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,150
The US has some amazing national parks! Which ones are you near, if you don't mind sharing that?
British! National parks :bakacat:

I'm not far from the peak district (my fave), north York moors, the Yorkshire dales, and the lake district.

Gigantic views and all the fresh air you could need.
PeakDistrict1.jpg.webp

Lilac

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭33,558
mhm :/

Animals are the biggest concern for me. Luckily not too much danger is around me. One time i was hiking and i encountered a split in the trial, me and a skunk surprised each other. We just stopped in place and stared at each other. Then we slowly backed away.
lol yeah the animals tend to stay away from humans. i used binocular for my recent hike to spot wildlife from a distance. next time we go to the same place, we'll get a bear spray :duckpar:

Hiking, yep.
YTOiNUx.jpg
is this you in the picture :poggers:

Lilac

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭33,558
Do you camp overnight on the trails then? I've only done day hikes, so far.

mostly day hikes because the state parks are only 1-2 hour drive from me. i stay overnight if going somewhere farther and stayed in hotels in towns nearby. for the popular parks, camping reservations are difficult to get; you have to reserve many months in advance so not good for last minute planners lol.

SirTim0thy

Karma Butterfly User of the Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭472,200
British! National parks :bakacat:

I'm not far from the peak district (my fave), north York moors, the Yorkshire dales, and the lake district.

Gigantic views and all the fresh air you could need.
PeakDistrict1.jpg.webp
I would love to travel to Great Britain and visit places like this!

Top Bottom