??‍♂️Official Hair care thread ?? Share all your hair secrets and get advice!

Marshmallow

Hallyu+'s favorite yoongi supremacist ❤️
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,740
  • Pride
Welcome to the hair care thread!

? Share all your hair care secrets and get and give advice on how to take care of hair ?

What's your hair type ?

I would say I am 2A :fab:

Last edited:
Reactions: nebula

Marshmallow

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,740
  • Pride
Anyone tried this rice water thing?
I have seen a lot of girls on YouTube praising it like it's the holy grail of hair growth.

nebula

𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐬𝐮𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐬𝐭
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭113,930
  • Certified ARMY
Ooooh best believe I'm following this thread, my hair has been shedding so much lately I need advice (my hair type is 3b)

Anyone tried this rice water thing?
I have seen a lot of girls on YouTube praising it like it's the holy grail of hair growth.
I just watched a few of them but I don't really trust it since castor oil is my go-to for hair growth.
But I don't think it would hurt to try though so I'll probably test it out sometime this week

Vanille

Cap'n Gemmi
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,075
  • Certified MIDZY (Alternative)
  • ITZY's Yeji
  • Pride
  • Certified Sone
I'm 2A, 2B when it grows longer ~

My hairdresser messed up my pixie/layered bob last time (too short and uneven layers) now my traumatized self wants my past beachwaves back...

I take vitamin supplements daily now and tried the inversion method (massaging your scalp using oil, head upside down) it's supposed to help with growth but Idk... My hair grows pretty fast naturally but I'm impatient lol
My goal is midlenght now as really long is annoying but I'm done with my short hair and can't risk messing it up again...

I also dyed it (blonde parts) but wanna go back to my ashy brown colour, it's boring but Idk I prefer being a brunette. My ideal hair colour would be a warm brown colour (like my dp) but dyeing it darker isn't recommended (roots will be ugly) Anyone has experience with colour shampoo? Maybe I can try it when it's grown a bit again.
Hmm at least they kept some parts brown and my roots are showing now, the blonde looks kinda natural at least. When it was still super long, I had that naturally (darker near my scalp, lighter ends)

Marshmallow

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,740
  • Pride
Ooooh best believe I'm following this thread, my hair has been shedding so much lately I need advice (my hair type is 3b)

I just watched a few of them but I don't really trust it since castor oil is my go-to for hair growth.
But I don't think it would hurt to try though so I'll probably test it out sometime this week
Girl I use castor oil as well especially for my lashes but I just don't like the... feel of it. It's just too sticky and thick and it's hard to wash out.
If I were able to find a substitute that would be great.
Apparently rice water grows hair extremely fast even faster than castor oil. I have seen girls with 4c type of hair experiencing hair growth in just 10 days.
I am tempted to try it because it doesn't take much effort all I have to do is ask my mom for the water in which she drenches the rice in and then spray it on my hair.

My hair is extremely long already it reaches right above my butt but I have a wedding in 2 months and I need my hair to reach down the waist for that.

Marshmallow

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,740
  • Pride
the holy grail of hair growth is onion water/juice

got rid of my cousin's bald spots

helps big time with dandruff issues

makes your scalp porcelain clean

use once a week
:darkkermit:
How do I apply it? Do I massage it in and then wash it out? Do I massage it in after showering and leave it on my hair?

Dr. Sweetea

Theorist
Events
Reaction score
camping outside vixx's concert in my dreams
Plus Coins
⨭765,600
  • BLACKPINK's Jennie
  • VIXX LR
  • Certified Starlight (Alternative)
  • BLACKPINK's Lisa
How do I apply it? Do I massage it in and then wash it out? Do I massage it in after showering and leave it on my hair?
I usually apply some kind of oil to my hair first(not necessary but prevents hair from becoming dry since I have very dry hair).
Then I apply the onion juice on my scalp(with a brush or fingers up to you), and message.
Leave if for about 30 minutes and then wash it off.

Reactions: Marshmallow

Doyoung

🌸
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭48,265
  • NCT's Jungwoo
  • NCT's Doyoung
  • NCT's Haechan
  • NCT's Taeil
I have 2A, wavy, thick and abundant. my problems are dryness, breakage and split ends. I'm talking split ends that had split ends in them. I tried washing it less, but that didn't help, and because of another more important issue related to mental health I need to keep my head clean so that was a no. Besides, it wasn't helping anyways.
I wash it daily, focusing the shampoo on the scalp and the long parts gets washed with the remaining foam tbh. Once it had some time to air dry but it's still a bit damp I apply an oil on the tips, and sleep with pigtails. The pigtails and oil helped with it, looks healthier and less broken, eventually the trims have evened it out. I still suffer whenever have to trim my tips because I'm a crybaby, but honestly it improved a lot with some maintenance work. It reaches mid back and I'd like it even a bit longer, cuz I only managed to enjoy my hair once it was actually long, and so I've decided to keep it long

Bom

夢を諦めないで
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,910
  • Hallyu+
My hair has become really curly over the past year. Lately when I straighten it, it won't stay straight for longer than 30 minutes. I've tried hairspray but it won't hold it straight.

Can anyone recommend products for curly hair?

fullofjoy

Follower of TWICE, ITZY & RED VELVET.
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭208,010
  • Certified CHOICE
  • A.C.E's Byeongkwan
  • Red Velvet's Joy
  • Certified ATINY
Don't wash your hair too often, twice or once a week is good enough.
Do not use hot curlers/straighten iron often.

boo

alice ♡ elf
Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭195,185
  • Certified Alice
  • VICTON's Subin
  • VICTON's Hanse
  • Certified Neverland
anyone has recommendation for heat protectant? for when I use flat iron