ARTICLES “PD” Go Yujin: During the shooting, [I] already felt that it was rigged. The shocking reveal of “bullying and bribing” behind the scenes

Vanilla Cupcake

뉴이스트 ❤️ 동호회 🐯 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭606,065
“PD” Go Yujin: During the shooting, {I} already felt that it was rigged. The shocking reveal of “bullying and bribing” behind the scenes

2020.12.05 20:46

Interview, article: Liu Wanxin
Interview cut photography: YouTube / Ripple_S
Translation: Vanilla Cupcake

South Korea’s biggest reality series “Produce 101” was exposed for four seasons of voters’ manipulation. The affected members were announced earlier, and the public was shocked. Two trainees who participated in season 2 and season 3, Lee Insoo, and Go Yujin, recently appeared on YouTube channel “Ripple_S” to reveal more behind the scenes secrets that the public is not aware of. They even noted that “it was obvious that the show was rigged during shooting,” which led to another wave of heated discussion.

d5316500.jpg

Both trainees felt that the show was rigged during the shooting.

In the video, the two ex-trainees revealed many behind the scenes details that have never been exposed. When asked, “Were there any unpleasant experiences?”, Lee Insoo generously responded, “Of course!” He revealed that there were bullying incidents, and some trainees physically fought each other. He even revealed that during the shooting, there were “affluent” entertainment companies that upgraded all the camera lenses for the show’s production team, because “those companies’ trainees were edited out from the show”.

d5316498.jpg

Lee Insoo revealed many behind the scenes details that have never been exposed.

When discussing “whether or not there were feelings of the show being rigged during the shooting process”, Go Yujin also admitted yes. She added, “When shooting the show, I felt that [the show] was not particularly interested in me, and they will only shoot those that they want to shoot.” She also admitted that there was already a long-running joke among the trainees that “after all, everything is rigged.” She admitted that not many Korean trainees were anticipating their own performance.

d5316502.jpg

Go Yujin felt that the production team does not care much about her.

Lee Insoo also brought up the “scary ghost” hidden camera prank. He noted a few trainees were trending and gaining popularity because of this segment. Yet he revealed, “Not all 101 trainees participated in the shooting, some did not get the chance at all.” He was upset about the biased treatment, and he helplessly criticized, “If some people did not get a chance to participate, then just don’t air the segment. Otherwise, they should give everyone an equal opportunity to shoot, then pick the clips that are truly interesting.”

d5316501.jpg

Lee Insoo revealed the biased treatment from the production team.

Finally, the two were asked, “If there is an opportunity, would you participate in the Produce series again?” Surprisingly, both admitted they are willing to participate. Lee Insoo joked, “First, I will ask my mom to prepare 20 million dollars (for the production team).” His witty comment made everyone laugh. Go Yujin noted, “It is certainly quite interesting, but I am no longer interested in becoming an entertainer.” Lee Insoo agreed. Looks like both have already given up their dreams to debut as an idol.

d5316499.jpg

Finally, both trainees admitted they will participate again given the chance, but they no longer want to be entertainers.

Last edited:

tokki

Awards Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭642,620
it's a shame that they both gave up on their dreams but i'd probably make the same choice in their shoes...i hope they both find new paths that they enjoy and that they can find success

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭252,550
It was so obvious from the outside, so I imagine when you are inside you witnesses all this farce. So even the Korean trainees were joking about it.

I'm glad they were here to confirm. Before that I've seen some Kim Doah moments maybe showing that things were rigged.

Yujin opened her YT channel earlier this year and started to stream on Twitch. She goes live for the whole day.

Top Bottom