⛞ The League of Legends Thread - Season 12 - Welcome Renata Glasc to the roster!

Winter Air

🎲
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭933,875
lol-league-of-Legends-logo.png

Welcome, new Summoners!

League of Legends is a competitive free-to-play multiplayer game developed by Riot Games in 2009. Its player count has grown year by year and is now one of the most played multiplayer games in the world and is the most played esport in the world. It is also the second most profitable competitive game in history, with nearly 20 million awarded in prize money since the games inception.

It's incredible popularity has spawned many tie-ins such as music videos, comic books, short stories, and the hugely successful Netflix animated series, Arcane.

Its success has also spawned several spin-off video games, including a mobile version, a digital collectible card game and a turn-based role-playing game, among others. A massively multiplayer online role-playing game based on the property is in development.

Put simply and briefly, the gameplay is a 5v5 where each player plays as a champion, of which there is currently 159 playable champions. The goal of the game is to destroy the enemy team's Nexus, a large crystal-like object. Each teams Nexus is located deep within the base of each team, protected by "Towers" and "Minions" both of which will attack any of the opposing teams minions and champions. Minions and Towers both award Gold and Experience when killed/destroyed.

The basic gameplay loop revolves around getting the most amount of Gold and Experience in the least amount of time possible; both teams will attempt this while fighting each other.

There are three lanes in the game, Top, Middle, and Bottom. Between each lane is a "Jungle."
The most widely accepted "meta" puts one player top, one player mid, one player in the jungle and two players bottom side. Although this set up has known to be semi-fluid depending on recent champion or item changes. The most recent example being putting a Support champion named Janna in the top lane and have her constantly harass the enemies jungler.

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions at all I will do my best to answer them!

A-Map-of-the-League-of-Legends-game-play-in-the-classic-mode.png

Last edited:

fromisSakura

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,141,100
My bois SKT are flopping so hard in the Summer season. Teddy is so gonna get flashback of his time in Jin Air. Honestly this line-up is still not the dream team for me. Khan in recent seasons have proven to be meh. Mata is making too much mistakes this season.

Even the recent losses seem to have affect Clid. His perfs post-MSI have not been outstanding. Faker seem tired. There been a few disappointing perfs from him.

Hopefully SKT start to step up their perfs.

Katzi

BTS are the Korean Beatles Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭620
Whew I haven't played League in a good while

Support best role :fab: Nami queen :fab:

Cha0sTasTiiC

Professional Sweat-Wiper for BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,025
My bois SKT are flopping so hard in the Summer season. Teddy is so gonna get flashback of his time in Jin Air. Honestly this line-up is still not the dream team for me. Khan in recent seasons have proven to be meh. Mata is making too much mistakes this season.

Even the recent losses seem to have affect Clid. His perfs post-MSI have not been outstanding. Faker seem tired. There been a few disappointing perfs from him.

Hopefully SKT start to step up their perfs.
Dont remind me guuuuurlll ah SKT why u do dis to me :sejeongcry:

Atleast my bois from TL are starting to perform again (I guess)

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,141,100
Dont remind me guuuuurlll ah SKT why u do dis to me :sejeongcry:

Atleast my bois from TL are starting to perform again (I guess)

Getting back flashback feels of 2017 after Post MSI.

Sometime as a SKT fan, I do think that we might not be the Spring Champion if Griffin didn't went for Taliyah & Pantheon btm lane and Chovy didn't choked hard in the finals.

Urgh. I hope thst from this week, they can start winning again.

Cha0sTasTiiC

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,025
Getting back flashback feels of 2017 after Post MSI.

Sometime as a SKT fan, I do think that we might not be the Spring Champion if Griffin didn't went for Taliyah & Pantheon btm lane and Chovy didn't choked hard in the finals.

Urgh. I hope thst from this week, they can start winning again.
yeah its hard atm dunno what exactly is going down in the team but I hope they pick it up in time for rift rivals

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,141,100
yeah its hard atm dunno what exactly is going down in the team but I hope they pick it up in time for rift rivals

I wonder are they burn-out. They barely have a short break before MSI started. And within a few weeks of MSI ending, LCK started.

The other LCK teams also improved their perfs after the Spring Season.

Cha0sTasTiiC

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,025
I wonder are they burn-out. They barely have a short break before MSI started. And within a few weeks of MSI ending, LCK started.

The other LCK teams also improved their perfs after the Spring Season.
True true but SKT always was like that you know winning msi or worlds having like two weeks of a break and back to the grind :feelsblankie:
Clid hard carried so many games at msi but today the team just wasnt on the same page

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,141,100
True true but SKT always was like that you know winning msi or worlds having like two weeks of a break and back to the grind :feelsblankie:
Clid hard carried so many games at msi but today the team just wasnt on the same page

Except only Faker is left in SKT among the squad that won MSI back then :p

Khan even when he was in KZ started having playing badly after MSI.

Man, I will be happy to get into the Play-off at this point.

Cha0sTasTiiC

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,025
Except only Faker is left in SKT among the squad that won MSI back then :p

Khan even when he was in KZ started having playing badly after MSI.

Man, I will be happy to get into the Play-off at this point.
Could you imagine SKT only getting 3rd seed for Worlds and then having to play through Play-Ins.....
i mean go back 3 years and tell someone that SKT has to play in Play-ins for worlds vs like teams from russia, brazil and turkey lol

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,141,100
Could you imagine SKT only getting 3rd seed for Worlds and then having to play through Play-Ins.....
i mean go back 3 years and tell someone that SKT has to play in Play-ins for worlds vs like teams from russia, brazil and turkey lol

Getting 1st seed seem impossible. Hopefully they can get 2nd seed at least which is still possible.

SKT flopped at trying to get third seed (In the year when Samsung White won Worlds and last year)

Cha0sTasTiiC

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,025
Getting 1st seed seem impossible. Hopefully they can get 2nd seed at least which is still possible.

SKT flopped at trying to get third seed (In the year when Samsung White won Worlds and last year)
You're right the 3rd seed is traditionally the Samsung/GenG seed so 2nd seed seems more likely for Faker and the gang.

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,050,132
Because I have unwavering faith in my teams no matter how hard they're flopping, I fully believe that SKT will get it together soon and start winning. The anime plotline demands it

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,141,100
Homestly to all SKT fans, do you think that the like of Crazy, Haru, and Effort should get subbed in to let some of them have a break?

I know Haru played in one of the series recently.

Top Bottom