► One in a Million! ♡ The Official TWICE (트와이스) Thread ♬ 『Ready To Be』#SetMeFree

What's your favorite title track from Twice?

• Like OOH-AAH

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • CHEER UP

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • TT

Votes: 21 9.7%
  • KNOCK KNOCK

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • SIGNAL

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • LIKEY

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Heart Shaker

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • What is Love?

Votes: 36 16.6%
  • Dance The Night Away

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YES or YES

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • The Best Thing I Ever Did

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • FANCY

Votes: 46 21.2%
  • Feel Special

Votes: 23 10.6%
  • More & More

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I Can't Stop Me

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters

AshithBangera

Guardian of Twice❤️ Itzy ❤️ VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭19,973,424

EHFryI8U4Ac18qU

EHFryI9UwAAGr5c

Last edited:

Jeongyeon I Miss You

ONCE & UAENA Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭324,075

OH MY GOSH!!! Fake & True MV!!! They look expensive!!! Their make-up and outfits are so on point! TWICE 2.0 is not a joke! They come to slay! The all black outfits is sick! Mina starting the song! Model Jeongyeon is so strong in this one. Waaa! I like the song. It's classy but a bit of a futuristic concept.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Well, that must be one of their mellowest releases ever. Certainly not what I expected. There are some jazzy beats reminiscent of Breakthrough, but muuuch more mellower and less hard-hitting than BT. Although there was a rap break, there were no major drops or bridges that took you away from the main melody line. In that regard, it reminded me a bit of Feeling Special with its lack of major highs / lows / drops / etc. I guess some might find it a bit dull, but I found it easy to listen to and elegant, if not necessarily ground-shaking or ground-breaking. I like the song, but I think BT is a bit more interesting musically.

Break through your shell, which is the face of “Fake”, and choreographed with the lyrics and shells of the “True” face that you want to go on without giving up.
Twice has certainly moved away from their usual boy-meets-girl lyrics from their previous releases, but instead of maturing from boy-meets-girl to man-meets-woman, they have decidedly remained on a self-empowerment find-yourself-love-yourself mode lyrically. Musically, they've also been exploring different genres and sounds, so too-bad-so-sad to anyone still complaining that Twice's releases all sound the same. F&T isn't their best release IMO, but it's still a solid song.

One thing I've noticed though - both FS and F&T are positive and empowering songs lyrically, but both have a melancholy musical feel to them. Probably why I keep calling F&T mellow. The music is also lower in the vocal register for both, which also brings the energy and mood down slightly. I guess it's one way to make Twice 2.0 sound distinct from Twice 1.0 though.

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
Well, that must be one of their mellowest releases ever. Certainly not what I expected. There are some jazzy beats reminiscent of Breakthrough, but muuuch more mellower and less hard-hitting than BT. Although there was a rap break, there were no major drops or bridges that took you away from the main melody line. In that regard, it reminded me a bit of Feeling Special with its lack of major highs / lows / drops / etc. I guess some might find it a bit dull, but I found it easy to listen to and elegant, if not necessarily ground-shaking or ground-breaking. I like the song, but I think BT is a bit more interesting musically.

Twice has certainly moved away from their usual boy-meets-girl lyrics from their previous releases, but instead of maturing from boy-meets-girl to man-meets-woman, they have decidedly remained on a self-empowerment find-yourself-love-yourself mode lyrically. Musically, they've also been exploring different genres and sounds, so too-bad-so-sad to anyone still complaining that Twice's releases all sound the same. F&T isn't their best release IMO, but it's still a solid song.

One thing I've noticed though - both FS and F&T are positive and empowering songs lyrically, but both have a melancholy musical feel to them. Probably why I keep calling F&T mellow. The music is also lower in the vocal register for both, which also brings the energy and mood down slightly. I guess it's one way to make Twice 2.0 sound distinct from Twice 1.0 though.

All these positive reviews make me wanna run and hide in the restroom to listen to the song :sejeongcry: :sejeongcry: :sejeongcry:

vitaminplus

You, you better think TWICE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,515
Freaking love it its perfect from the start with mi mo to the rap break dub chaeng and the mina bridge its just perfection the chorus is so catchy i just love it this needs a korean version too asap

Kingly

Sovereign Of Terror and Chaos
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,240
I love this song and I also agree with whisky that its much more mellow sounding. but there is one thing I don't like and that is the bass synth? in the chorus. It sounds weird

Whisky23

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Also, it's been a while since my last music theory class, but can anyone confirm if F&T is in a minor key (at least for the verse part)?

I love this song and I also agree with whisky that its much more mellow sounding. but there is one thing I don't like and that is the bass synth? in the chorus. It sounds weird
I kinda like the bass synth, since it adds a layer of interest to the whole sound, but one thing I don't like about it is that it tends to drown out the vocals a bit during the chorus.

Last edited:

HeartShaken

ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭437,470
I'm not sure if mellow is the right word, but it sounds a bit generic and monotonous to me

Whisky23

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
@drhcc Need your 日本語 skills...
..for this page: http://www.twicejapan.com/news/detail/511
specifically this part...
メンバーミナにつきましては、本公演につきましても本人の健康状態の回復状況に応じて休演を予定しております。ご迷惑およびご心配をおかけしまして申し訳ございませんが、何卒ご理解賜りますようお願い申し上げます。
Is it me, or is this less of an outright cancellation but more of a "depends on her condition"?

Jeongyeon I Miss You

ONCE & UAENA Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭324,075
Music wise, Fake & True suits my personal taste. I like it in just my first listen. It's a funky bop. They used brass as the hook for the song. There is a dynamics in the song which my ears find entertaining: Starting in 1st verse then there is a build up in 2nd verse, then pre-chorus slows down in the first half then builds up again going to chorus with the brass hook and funky bass. Rap part was smoothly done. The instrumental part was nice too with the synths.

Top Bottom