► One in a Million! ♡ The Official TWICE (트와이스) Thread ♬ 『Ready To Be』#SetMeFree

What's your favorite title track from Twice?

• Like OOH-AAH

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • CHEER UP

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • TT

Votes: 21 9.7%
  • KNOCK KNOCK

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • SIGNAL

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • LIKEY

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Heart Shaker

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • What is Love?

Votes: 36 16.6%
  • Dance The Night Away

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YES or YES

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • The Best Thing I Ever Did

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • FANCY

Votes: 46 21.2%
  • Feel Special

Votes: 23 10.6%
  • More & More

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I Can't Stop Me

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters

itgirlsasna

before i am human i am a sananator
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭400
what did you guys think of "fake & true"? i really hope we get to see cute twice again...

itgirlsasna

before i am human i am a sananator
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭400
99BFA9465DA8A3C206

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
what did you guys think of "fake & true"? i really hope we get to see cute twice again...
You might have to wait a while. I don't think Twice 2.0 is going away any time soon. They will probably try out new genres until they find something that they want to explore further. We might see Twice 1.0 for some CFs (Pocari, Qoo or something similar).

drhcc

OH glitch bot Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭95,560
@drhcc Need your 日本語 skills...
..for this page: http://www.twicejapan.com/news/detail/511
specifically this part...

Is it me, or is this less of an outright cancellation but more of a "depends on her condition"?
lol i think you are vastly overestimating my japanese ability (which is the result of only a few months of self-study)

but i checked it with the message they posted regarding Mina and Twicelights and it's pretty much the same thing, that she is resting from activities on account of her health condition and that any changes regarding appearances or participation will be posted on the official site

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Well, that must be one of their mellowest releases ever. Certainly not what I expected. There are some jazzy beats reminiscent of Breakthrough, but muuuch more mellower and less hard-hitting than BT. Although there was a rap break, there were no major drops or bridges that took you away from the main melody line. In that regard, it reminded me a bit of Feeling Special with its lack of major highs / lows / drops / etc. I guess some might find it a bit dull, but I found it easy to listen to and elegant, if not necessarily ground-shaking or ground-breaking. I like the song, but I think BT is a bit more interesting musically.

Twice has certainly moved away from their usual boy-meets-girl lyrics from their previous releases, but instead of maturing from boy-meets-girl to man-meets-woman, they have decidedly remained on a self-empowerment find-yourself-love-yourself mode lyrically. Musically, they've also been exploring different genres and sounds, so too-bad-so-sad to anyone still complaining that Twice's releases all sound the same. F&T isn't their best release IMO, but it's still a solid song.

One thing I've noticed though - both FS and F&T are positive and empowering songs lyrically, but both have a melancholy musical feel to them. Probably why I keep calling F&T mellow. The music is also lower in the vocal register for both, which also brings the energy and mood down slightly. I guess it's one way to make Twice 2.0 sound distinct from Twice 1.0 though.

I think the bolded is bang on and personally I'm not big on having such a monotone chorus, especially when the instrumentals are as good as they are on FS and Fake and True so I find it underwhelming as you know it could have been so much more hard hitting and stuck in your head catchy. It's really the only thing I've not been big on this year with most of Twice's titles, the chorus's have been a bit lacklustre ad impact the replayability for me.

Other than the chorus the rest of the track I really enjoyed though.

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
FAT is good, i really like it. I just wish the brass was real? Unless im mistaken, something about it feels artificial.
the song is overall really good and i think its catchy. not a favorite song in twice's jpn discog, but i think it deserves it's place
i also really like the vocal work, i really like twice's vocal work when they're a more comfortable range

Last edited:

drhcc

OH glitch bot Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭95,560
Can they give us a 24hr period in between a newly released mv and this announcement :iwillfightyou:

ONCES, LET'S FEEL SPECIALL :hearteu:

*Feel special promos end*

*5 mins later*

ONCES, IT'S TIME FOR FAKE & TRUUEEEE :ToughPar:

*F&T teaser 1 drops*

*6 hours later teaser 2 drops*

*several hours later MV drops*

ONCES HELLLOOOOO FAAAKKEEEE AND TRUUUEEEEE

*later that day*

HANA FINANCIAL: END OF THE YEAR REPACKAGE IS COMING Y'ALL PREPARE YOUR WALLETS

^ such is the plight of onces lol

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Since Hana Financial is the ones breaking the news, it's obviously gonna be a gift album for the shareholders. :doge:

But seriously, I wonder if it's gonna be another Heart Shaker or another TBTIED? Not that TBTIED wasn't a nice song....but you know what I mean. Fancy is still my favorite title song of 2019 - it would be great if they could release something even better.

Top Bottom