♔ Mnet's QUEENDOM Official Thread ♔ [Ep9 Subbed + OP updated!]

Who do you think will win the Queendom?

• Total voters

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,885
AOA, OMG, and Lovelyz were my top 3 but I enjoyed all the performances.

Reactions: boo

unicorn

Gay Street Fighter
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,684,131
New units from each groups sounds amazing

Would love to see new flavor that came from those units. I wonder how many units they gonna form...6?

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810
Okay so from all six my ranking goes:

OMG > AOA > (G)I-DLE > Lovelyz > Mamamoo > Park Bom

I ult OMG so of course I'm going to be biased towards them, but they did absolutely wonderfully. No wonder Korea's loving their performance right now. They played to their strengths and made Destiny their own. Their singing/dancing were showcased perfectly and I loved the sageuk/traditional aspects of the performance. Even with Yooa injured, they managed to include her in the performance and that bridge part with her singing was everything. Loved literally everything about this performance.

AOA, no words needed. I feel like people have already said enough so I won't go too much in detail. AOA showed up to really prove their versatility and maturity.

(G)I-DLE's stage was as good as I expected it to be. 2NE1 has such strong stage presence that's it hard to be compared to them, but (G)I-DLE came pretty damn close. Soyeon and Soojin were the highlights but I think Minnie's vocal color suited the chorus very well. I really enjoyed their choreo and energy and it was a enjoyable stage.

For the rest, I still enjoyed them, but:

Mamamoo tried too hard to make the song theirs that I ended up not enjoying the Good Luck remix.

Lovelyz' vocal color just didn't suit Sixth Sense. They're all so talented but this was a poor song choice.

Park Bom's stage was kind of forgettable and I think she could've done better.

_universo

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭71,915
For me it's

1. AOA
2. Oh My Girl
3. G(I)-dle
4. Mamamoo
5. Lovelyz
6. Park Bom

I was a little worried about OMG because of the last round, but they killed it! And I'm glad they were able to showcase their vocals in this way. Absolutely beautiful and unique.

G(I)-dle was pretty good and I was pretty excited to see how Soyeon would cover CL since she has always reminded me of her. And I mean, of course they will lack some of the energy of 2NE1, it's hard to match their stage presence and no one screams like CL used to, lol.

Mamamoo was good too, but as a lot of people has already said, their performance was a little messy, and I didn't like the remix tbh.

Lovelyz, I believe they made a poor choice by covering BEG. Their performance was alright, but I feel like no one has stood out for me yet, maybe because they have only perform sexy/girl crush songs and that might not be their forte (the girl who sang Gain's part nailed it though), but they should have played it like OMG. Or maybe something to showcase their vocals in a better way since I know they have really beautiful voices and can harmonize very well, but BEG's song was just not for them.

And I love Park Bom as I'm a big fan of 2NE1, but it's just hard for me to rank her as a soloist. I liked the remix though.

Last edited:

maya

hyojung enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭660
OMG and Lovelyz were amazing. I was nervous about my ults covering each other and then Lovelyz decides to cover BEG instead lol They both did great and I can't rank them! Wish they would've told us the ranking this episode.

unicorn

Gay Street Fighter
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,684,131
my OMG bias is seunghee and hyojung has always been a bias wrecker.
and hyojung is really making her way to my heart on this ep. she is so funny nsajkdsja and cute too. she is very endearing. and shes just such a great leader. it was sweet that she was the first one to came to seunghee when she cried after the peformance.
what seunghee said about that made me emo too, its what you deserve my babie :sejeongcry: :sejeongcry:

i love the bits where seunghee and hyojung advised each other during their recording session
and hyojung said she wont cry bcs they already showed her crying twice in the trailer lol what a dork

very very excited about next week unit. i hope hyojung and jimin are on the same team. both of them are the funniest in queendom so far lol

bytheway anyone knows why g-idle perf didnt have a digital release? is it.....copyright issue bcs its a YG song?

Last edited:

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭60,904
Pronouns
She/Her
my top 5 performances of the show so far

• Love

Danee

♥ ANSWER ♥ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭234,495
So out of the six performances it was
AoA > OMG > Lovelyz = Gidle >> Mamamoo > Bom

AoA was like the only one who made the song really sound theirs. They fit everything into it.

Oh my Girl made really great performance. And tbh added to it a lot of themselves.

Lovelyz showed very different side of themselves and most of the members suit this concept more than their regular one. On the other hand there was some whose voices didnt really fit in.

Gidle got nice remix, but the song didnt really sound that great and honestly I didnt like the editing and some moments of the performance were cringy.

Mamamoo jus overthought it. It didnt sound anything like Good Luck and I totally love the song. They made total mess out of it. The chosen styles didnt fit the song at all (and tbh Im kinda over Hwasa's style, its getting old tbh, but at least she is really good performer, she was the best out of the group).

Bom's performance wasnt good. She is very awkward dancer tbh. When did her skill get downgraded like this? I would understand if she was actually ballad singer but her group was dance oriented. Her stage presence is gone too.

Last edited:

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810
my OMG bias is seunghee and hyojung has always been a bias wrecker.
and hyojung is really making her way to my heart on this ep. she is so funny nsajkdsja and cute too. she is very endearing. and shes just such a great leader. it was sweet that she was the first one to came to seunghee when she cried after the peformance.
what seunghee said about that made me emo too, its what you deserve my babie :sejeongcry: :sejeongcry:

i love the bits where seunghee and hyojung advised each other during their recording session
and hyojung said she wont cry bcs they already showed her crying twice in the trailer lol what a dork

very very excited about next week unit. i hope hyojung and jimin are on the same team. both of them are the funniest in queendom so far lol

bytheway anyone knows why g-idle perf didnt have a digital release? is it.....copyright issue bcs its a YG song?

yeah apparently YG covers never get digitally released :noooo:

And there's rumors that is one of the sub-units for the next round lol but who knows

I'm so excited for this week's episode :hehe:

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Sou out of the six performances it was
AoA > OMG > Lovelyz = Gidle >> Mamamoo > Bom

AoA was like the only one who made the song really sound theirs. Thei fit everything into it.

Oh my Girl made really great performance. And tbh added to it a lot of themselves.

Lovelyz showed very different side of themselves and most of the members suit this concept than their regular one. On the other hand not there was some whose voices didnt really fit in.

Gidle got nice remix, but the song didnt really sound that great and honestly I didnt like the editing and some moments of the performance were cringy.

Mamamoo jus overthought it. It didnt sound anything like Good Luck and I totally love the song. They made total mess out of it. The chosen styles didnt fit the song at all (and tbh Im kinda over Hwasa's style, its getting old tbh, but at least she is really good performer, she was the best out of the group).

Bom's performance wasnt good. She is very awkward dancer tbh. When did her skill get downgraded like this? I would understand if she was actually ballad singer but her group was dance oriented. Her stage presence is gone too.

I have almost 100% the same opinion. Maybe the only difference is with Bom. For me it's kinda jarring that she is the only soloist, so maybe I'm being a bit negative because of that. I wish she was in a different show with soloists (like Hyolyn, Hyuna, and so on, I think it would be cool).

Danee

♥ ANSWER ♥ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭234,495
I have almost 100% the same opinion. Maybe the only difference is with Bom. For me it's kinda jarring that she is the only soloist, so maybe I'm being a bit negative because of that. I wish she was in a different show with soloists (like Hyolyn, Hyuna, and so on, I think it would be cool).
Similar show for soloists would be cool. Bom doesnt really fit into the show tbh. But once again she should move on from being an idol like most of the soloists did. Like... You dont see Taeyeon on show like this battling with kiddos for the crown, neither IU, lately not even Hyolyn or Hyuna who even dates one of those next gen kiddos. Also I really liked Bom in 2NE1 but maybe its because the group covered her flaws too well or because other then 2NE1 style doesnt really fit her but lately her performances didnt look/sound that well if she wants back to game she needs to step up and bring different energy to her performances.

unicorn

Gay Street Fighter
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,684,131
so the unit performance is only 2 members from each group one for vocal one for performance?
i wasnt expecting this lol, but i guess i can understand the reason behind it

the ssecond one is interesting

lilsone

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,620
I have to disagree with most of you, I'm sorry but there is no way that lovelyzs performance can get a 3 place!!? It was very bad comparing with the rest yet they somehow came 3!? Both bom and gidle did very good, mamamoo was a little messy but good. So how?? Dont tell me it's a new concept or a new side to them, cuz for some reason they always go with that concept and fail. But I must say that jisoo killed it, she was the only one that cover it perfectly, her rap part was great. I wonder how the unit ranking will be.

Ps no hate for lovelyz at all, I think they really can hit it off with the right concept. Just see their Michael Jackson cover, that is something I want to see from them

zoddguts

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,250
I get the feeling the groups didn't want to vote for Lovelyz for last place because that would mean Lovelyz would be kicked out of the show so they used G-IDLE as a sacrifice. Knetz seem to agree since they aren't happy with the rankings for this round especially for Lovelyz ranking and for whom (G-IDLE) came last place.

• Popcorn

OutroTearTheFirst

Oh, I'm sorry, but nobody does evil the way I do! Fourth Place HoE
Reaction score
On a picnic with gasppepe eating nugget peepo
Plus Coins
⨭30,900
Pronouns
She/Her
I just got caught up with watching the performances and this would be my ranking:
AOA > OMG > g-idle > bom> Mamamoo > Lovelyz

AOA completely stole this for me. I think they made this song their own and I loved everything about it. I might even like it more than the original. I think a lot of people thought that choa leaving would ruin them but the remaining members have enough charisma to hold their own!

Oh My Girl had a beautiful stage and I expected no less. Destiny is a song that I never really enjoyed, but I can appreciate the effort that went into this performance.

(G)-idle was just a regular performance for me. It wasn’t bad by any means, but it was just lacking some of the power this song requires. I really wish Soojin had a real dance break and not just those few seconds.

Bom was just a forgettable stage imo.

I know what Mamamoo intentions were, but I felt it was just really disjointed. I was pretty disappointed tbh. I really like this song, but I felt this cover was just messy.

Lovelyz comes in last for me. About 3 of the members can actually pull off this concept (for now). It kind of awkward to hear or see cute voices/facial expressions with this fierce song. I wish they would’ve done more with it to make it their own.

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭294,005
Hi, Im new on the forum, I just want to said Im enjoying this showso much.
Hi, welcome to the forum!! I enjoy it a lot too. I wasn't expecting much when I started watching the show.

rektinq

regrettable...but there was no other way. VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
All the performances were great but im still here shook about how bad yuqis hair was oof- it just wasn't it for me ig

Top Bottom