🌈👑 We are WithU! The Official NiziU Thread | ♪ #Heartris ♪ 👑🌈

S

Some

There's some drama where some people are saying that Akari was a Sana-anti before this because she suspected either Sana or Tzuyu was dating Jungkook. Apparently she was/is a BTS fan

Yikes if true or this could be Onces go after someone innocent. I honestly don't know.

how do they know its akari ? Did she write her full name or something
Update. "u_vl2r" has deleted their account.

i got my answer i guess

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400

Replace "Friend 1" with "Enemy 1" and this makes more sense

smh I'm going to be rly mad if jyp kicked Suzu out over that..it would make sense given jyp's strictness but it's frustrating for someone's future to be cut off by one mistake lot's of idols talk about sharing info they weren't supposed to w friends/family they just have the luck of those ppl not being snake-y like Suzu or Akari's "friends". The 15 girls thing is interesting though if it was rly a trade from Suzu to another girl like people are suggesting wouldn't they still put it down as 14? I mean they wouldn't be training at the same time so it'd be the same amount of resources, it seems more likely that they just brought someone in as a wildcard (Miu or Moeno probably) unless Suzu was replaced by both of them...This situation is so stressful to think about :viva: I hope JYP releases official profiles of the top 14/15 before season 2 starts to put the rumors to rest one way or another but we'll probably just have to wait.

S

Some

i just came to ask if we have a confirmed date for season 2 then i saw this ... my head hurts .

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
On a blue rock in the middle of a big empty.
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
Okay. Thought I'd lighten the mode a bit. Has anyone speculated on the format for Season 2. My wonders, wishes, and wants.

1. I wonder if they will be doing the same format as say 16 was done. In SIXTEEN they had a minor vs major competition. In the early rounds they person in a minor position or team would replace a person in the major position. In this way the group was divided more or less in half and so you always had a notion if you were in favor of getting through or were not debuting. I'm thinking it won't be like this but something else. I think it at the beginning be more like a reality tv series were they are just showing the groups struggles to learn. Mako being a leader, Nina dancing, Riku expressing herself on stage etc... I wonder also if they will highlight the same group as before or put the focus on someone else. I also wonder if they will actually have Korean type positions of main vocalist, maknae etc or go to a more Japanese type of format were there is no distinction between the girls.

2. Wants. I think it would be interesting to see their journey as they hit the various crisis that have come up. IE)COVID-19. I think it would interesting to see them struggling and then start to hear about the disease and how it impacts them as far as the imposed travel restrictions. I think seeing all these hardships that we know must have been placed on them affect them. This would create drama that the viewer would love and give sympathy to the girls. This would in turn make the girls more loved. I definitely want to see their journey from the every day life into what it will mean to them personally to become stars.

3. Wishes. I'd like to see a moderately large group. Larger than 7 and maybe even 9. I do think debuting all of them is a bit much. I wish they might have interactions with the other JYP artists or trainees. If they do trainees it would be a nice way to introduce those trainees much the way SIXTEEN introduced us to current big time artists like Chaeyeon, Chaeryeong, Jiwon, and not to mention Somi. It's amazing how of the girls that didn't make it on the show, ie the ones that failed to get into Twice. That group produced no less than ALL MAIN members of their groups for the ones who debuted. Chaeyoen, Chaeryeong are now both the main dancers of their groups. Jiwon is the main vocalist of her group, and Somi was the main center for I.O.I and a current soloist. These were from the "failed" girls. Along with those who have yet to shine Natty, EunSuh, and Minyoung. Interactions with existing artists like Twice, and Itzy would in turn create buzz for the new JP group. I hope the tradition of JYP and girl groups works for these girls too.

your thoughts?

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
your thoughts?
1. While I suspect they might reuse the major / minor format (or something similar), they have been using numbered rankings all this while, so I don't think they'll completely do away with it either. Maybe they'll use both, since the rankings will also create tension for the viewers, especially if their faves are at position 7 and 8 (or wherever the cut-off line is).

I think a big component of the Nizi story has to be about the girls adapting to both the JYPE and Korean culture - it's the thing that sets them off from any other Jpop group right now. I enjoyed that aspect of PD48, and would love to see more of it, especially in a real agency environment as opposed to the reality show environment of the produce series. We don't really get to see what "a day in a life of a JYPE trainee" is like, so this would be the closest to it. Certainly, the development of group dynamics would be great, along with their own character development since, so far, we really don't know that much about the girls.

2. Wants - As I mentioned... a day in a life of snapshot. Would be nice if these are uploaded as YT clips if there's too much going on in S2 to fit into the main series. Personal mini-vlogs would be cool. How they cope with the culture / food differences / tough JYPE training, etc. Them interacting with other JYPE artists / trainees.

3. I know that we've kinda gotten locked in on the number 7 because rainbow, but technically, there's more than 7 colors since there are gradations and hues in between those colors. Not to mention that black and white aren't one of those 7 either. I 'm OK with seven, but I'm cool with 9 as well - it's a little more than 50% survival rate, so you get a slightly larger group without making it seem "too easy". 11 means only 3 get eliminated, so there's not much tension or drama at the final selection. I think anything smaller than 7 is a missed opportunity, since the final members are basically promoters of the kpop training system (specifically the JYPE one). Having a larger number of girls "transformed" by the process adds to that JYPE narrative.

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
Before the show aired there was an investment report that came out and stated 15 Japanese trainees were currently training in JYP for the show, which leads me to believe that a girl from the Tokyo camp was brought back à la Momo style. If it was to be anyone I'd hope it's Sakurai Miu because she had a lot of potential and I was sad to see her not be one of the chosen girls to go to Korea.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
1. As for the particular format of the show I don't really care that much as most survival shows are roughly the same. I wonder if he'll open up a weekly popularity poll like he did in Sixteen and whether he'll open that up to just Japanese viewers or everybody and how much that would affect his choices.

2. I want a full 14 group performance of some kind as well as individual performances in dance and vocal (uploaded on youtube at least if not shown fully in show) so we can see how they each improved. I'd like to see interactions w artists as well as trainees like Lily M. I'd like to see them moving into the dorms whose bunkmates with who and the friendships that develop.

3. I'm torn on the number because one the one hand I think a smaller number would make them more public friendly and distinguish them from other jpop groups but on the other hand I like the girls and want as many of them as possible to achieve their dreams. Realistically, I don't see JYP debuting more than 10.

Poppet

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,800
Here to root for the best girls:
- Ozaki "Ditzy Single Mom" Suzu
- Ikematsu "No One Cared Who I Was Til I Put On The Weight" Riria

I'm also rooting for Hillman "Tokyo Rose" Nina, but I think she's probably a shoo-in.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
Okay. Thought I'd lighten the mode a bit. Has anyone speculated on the format for Season 2. My wonders, wishes, and wants.

1. I wonder if they will be doing the same format as say 16 was done. In SIXTEEN they had a minor vs major competition. In the early rounds they person in a minor position or team would replace a person in the major position. In this way the group was divided more or less in half and so you always had a notion if you were in favor of getting through or were not debuting. I'm thinking it won't be like this but something else. I think it at the beginning be more like a reality tv series were they are just showing the groups struggles to learn. Mako being a leader, Nina dancing, Riku expressing herself on stage etc... I wonder also if they will highlight the same group as before or put the focus on someone else. I also wonder if they will actually have Korean type positions of main vocalist, maknae etc or go to a more Japanese type of format were there is no distinction between the girls.

2. Wants. I think it would be interesting to see their journey as they hit the various crisis that have come up. IE)COVID-19. I think it would interesting to see them struggling and then start to hear about the disease and how it impacts them as far as the imposed travel restrictions. I think seeing all these hardships that we know must have been placed on them affect them. This would create drama that the viewer would love and give sympathy to the girls. This would in turn make the girls more loved. I definitely want to see their journey from the every day life into what it will mean to them personally to become stars.

3. Wishes. I'd like to see a moderately large group. Larger than 7 and maybe even 9. I do think debuting all of them is a bit much. I wish they might have interactions with the other JYP artists or trainees. If they do trainees it would be a nice way to introduce those trainees much the way SIXTEEN introduced us to current big time artists like Chaeyeon, Chaeryeong, Jiwon, and not to mention Somi. It's amazing how of the girls that didn't make it on the show, ie the ones that failed to get into Twice. That group produced no less than ALL MAIN members of their groups for the ones who debuted. Chaeyoen, Chaeryeong are now both the main dancers of their groups. Jiwon is the main vocalist of her group, and Somi was the main center for I.O.I and a current soloist. These were from the "failed" girls. Along with those who have yet to shine Natty, EunSuh, and Minyoung. Interactions with existing artists like Twice, and Itzy would in turn create buzz for the new JP group. I hope the tradition of JYP and girl groups works for these girls too.

your thoughts?

If it's true that they now have 15 girls training that definitely seems far too many to have in a single group. Like others have said I would prefer to have a larger team (10 is fine for me personally). Sure it's an even number which is a slight negative for stage formations but more fun when splitting up into teams for variety content. Having as many girls be able to continue on would be great.

I'm not sure what the show format should be. I don't want another stressful Sixteen format nor do I care for another fill the pendant gimmick. They would manipulate the rankings to get who they want on the team anyways. I personally agree that a show detailing their training, regular lives, struggles would be interesting although I tend to think survival contests have better TV ratings.

How would you rank the members of the new team in importance? Who would you consider vital to the success of the team that comes out of season 2 at least from what you've seen so far.

My personal opinion

Must haves:
Mako - leader
Miihi - young ace

Important - offer something unique
Nina - main vocalist, international appeal
Maya - experienced, solid all around
Rima - rapper, family legacy
Ayaka - visual, personality, stan attractor
Rio - main dancer

Interchangeable: all have potential but not sure yet what each one offers that someone else on the team couldn't
Riria
Mayuka
Akari
Riku
Yuna
Suzu
Momoka

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
How would you rank the members of the new team in importance? Who would you consider vital to the success of the team that comes out of season 2 at least from what you've seen so far.
Depends what we are going for. Japanese style or Korean. Here is my Korean style.

Musts: Leader, Main Vocal, Main Dancer, visual.
Leader: Rio. I know everyone thinks Mako but she did a very good job with her team.)
M Vocal: Nina (You need a powerfull vocal or you get will get some ridicule and you wont get any "unstable while dancing" comments if she's in)
M Dancer: Mako (you get so much respect with a powerful main dancer, Chaeyeon, Momo, Lisa, Yeji-Chaeryeong-Ryujin)
Visual: Ayaka. (This is what it means to be a pop star=visuals)

Should haves
Miihi: Lead Dance, Lead Singer (possible Main singer her vocal color is beautiful). Some contest between her and Nina I think.
Rima: Rap, visual, (while others can perform it she can write it so a gives her the edge and I agree legacy)

Not sure: The rest of the girls are good but don't really shine in one aspect that is 100% needed. So for these it is basically who progresses the most and they are really competing for the same spots of whatever is left over from the final count. This is were the fiersest competition will lie.
Riku: Lead Dance, Lead singer.
Akari: Lead Dance, Lead singer
Maya: Lead Dance Lead singer
Suzu (off camera she needs to be more lovable.)
Mayuka (she improved so much if she keeps improving she can replace Riku, or Akari above)
Yuna(needs to fix her singing as the performance goes on. Not hopeful though as she's been training for a while)
Riria (Needs to build on her vocals, dancing is solid if not as refined as Rio, Miihi, or Mako.
Momoka (She or Nina or less likely Akari are most likely the Maknae but not sure if it is really needed)

A Japanese style group is harder to predict. If they go with the cute like xxx48 system then people like Momoka get higher placing. If they go with dance e-girls style then Nina gets lower.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

According to this Naver poll so far, the most popular potential members when asked to select 9:
Mako 90.7%
Miihi 89.4%
Ayaka 84.9%
Rima 80.1%
Nina 60%

Last edited:

cereus bunny

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭23,400
I don't think anyone has to worry about it. If it's real she will be eliminated and if she's not eliminated than it is false. JYP Entertaiment takes a dim view of anybody throwing hate at ANYBODY. It doesn't matter if it is a person in the company or a person that is a rival of the company that is the target. JYP is the ultimate strict company on manners and that sort of thing. Also it is a bit strange that she would have had a Twice poster in her bedroom if she is an anti of one of them. Not impossible but a little odd.
I wouldn’t be so quick to say she won’t be eliminated if it’s not real. If enough negative buzz is created, regardless of being true or not, Akari could still very well be kicked. Especially because it is related to Twice/Once, the big sister gg with myriad Japanese fans important to Nizi. I think if the alleged tweet is true she clearly had a moment of toxic fan syndrome but wouldn’t go so far to say she’s a “Sana anti” and I believe her when she says she’s a Once in the tweet (like you said, Twice poster in her room). I can see protective fans making a big fuss potentially anyway. Not enough people realize the internet is forever.

I may be comparing apples and oranges, but as precedent, wasn’t there a JYP trainee Produce contestant kicked from the show and company due to allegations of school bullying that were proven false? Let me emphasize I know it was a more serious rumor and this is just an example of how trainees have less protection from misinformation. And these girls aren’t even trainees. Besides, competition is pretty tough at this point in the game so any controversy could possibly give other contestants the edge in the final decision for debut even if she isn’t booted. As she’s one of my picks, I’m still worried about her situation. Maybe this will blow over though, plus she seems to be one of JYP’s faves. The sooner it gets cleared up the better.

Interesting, this would help explain Suzu’s screentime mystery. It would be so sad for any contestant to go because of a small leak, but I imagine contestants sign pretty serious NDAs and Suzu is no child, she is ~20 and should know better. Based on her personality it feels a little unbelievable she leaked the S2 lineup so I hope it’s completely false. They aired her emotional speech and compliments from JYP, Sana, and Momo—maybe a bit of evidence for her being cleared and part of S2? Otherwise, and if rumors of 15 training in SK are true, I hope Miu is brought back.

Akari and Suzu obviously have awful, fake friends, but if both allegations are true their friends being snakes don’t make their transgressions no big deal. Just because “other idols do it” doesn’t make it ok either. JYP takes character and moral integrity into serious consideration. The idol industry requires extremely strict practically unrealistic behavior codes. As harsh as it is, slipping up this early is not a good sign. If they were wrongly accused, which very well may be the case, I hope JYP doesn’t let it affect their chances. Let’s all hope for the best!!

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
I may be comparing apples and oranges, but as precedent, wasn’t there a JYP trainee Produce contestant kicked from the show and company due to allegations of school bullying that were proven false?
Not quite. Half of the allegations were proven false the more serious part about him being a bully at school were proven false but the other one about him smoking underage were found to be true. At least from what I recollect.

Also immediately after Season 1 ended they are in fact officially JYP trainees (assuming they signed the contract of course). They are being trained right now at JYP in Korea, and have been for months. This show aired in February but it actually was filmed in October or November of last year. They would have had to come over to Korea on an Artist visa or Trainee visa. Law wouldn't allow it any other way so they 100% are trainees at this exact moment.

It actually did blow up somewhat on Twitter BUT there is a lot of things that happened since. The original poster(frienimy) has vanished, the original translator is having second thoughts that what he was given was real and posted a lengthy discussion on the topic. The various internet sniffers not only haven't found any links to this Akari being the Akari of the poster but they can't find any evidence that the account ever existed. Original people that have blasted Akari are starting to get major backlash from others and some have apparently been deleting there posts, appologizing, or in some cases (I've heard at least) deleting there entire accounts in case JYP comes after them. A couple posts I don't think JYP would do anything to them but...

I don't see JYP being preemptive here and getting rid of her on an alogation of this nature "unless" there is reality behind it. Still a possibility but the likelihood of it is dimming.

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
I think Yuna should be saved for a Kpop girl group. She's more in touch with her Korean side as far as I'm aware. She did grow up in Korea, so it would make sense. Plus, she already had a team in JYP before auditioning for the Nizi Project. It's not that I don't want her to debut, I just think she'd be better off debuting in her home country instead. She's still fairly young, has only been a trainee for roughly 3 years now; with a few more years under her belt she'd definitely have a debut coming her way.

cereus bunny

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭23,400
Not quite. Half of the allegations were proven false the more serious part about him being a bully at school were proven false but the other one about him smoking underage were found to be true. At least from what I recollect.

Also immediately after Season 1 ended they are in fact officially JYP trainees (assuming they signed the contract of course). They are being trained right now at JYP in Korea, and have been for months. This show aired in February but it actually was filmed in October or November of last year. They would have had to come over to Korea on an Artist visa or Trainee visa. Law wouldn't allow it any other way so they 100% are trainees at this exact moment.

It actually did blow up somewhat on Twitter BUT there is a lot of things that happened since. The original poster(frienimy) has vanished, the original translator is having second thoughts that what he was given was real and posted a lengthy discussion on the topic. The various internet sniffers not only haven't found any links to this Akari being the Akari of the poster but they can't find any evidence that the account ever existed. Original people that have blasted Akari are starting to get major backlash from others and some have apparently been deleting there posts, appologizing, or in some cases (I've heard at least) deleting there entire accounts in case JYP comes after them. A couple posts I don't think JYP would do anything to them but...

I don't see JYP being preemptive here and getting rid of her on an alogation of this nature "unless" there is reality behind it. Still a possibility but the likelihood of it is dimming.
Right, like I said I also think the situation was different with that trainee due to the severity of the accusations (and much more press), but my point was that trainees are not as protected against scandal. I too would like to think agencies give their trainees the benefit of the doubt and full investigations where they only cut ties after overwhelming evidence, but when netizens can be absolutely ruthless and agencies aren't always clear about the departure of trainees and artists--even JYP--I think it's still reasonable to be worried for either of these trainees. We see time and time again in the K-pop world that even when rumors are proven false, it can often haunt the person and/or group's reputation for a very long time. I'm super happy about your update on the current state of the conversation though, it's very reassuring to know backlash is dying down. In some ways, I'm glad this is all coming out now (rather than during Nizi's debut) and that the show isn't promoted as globally as it could have been because it means less public scrutiny of them and higher chances it will all pass in time
:sweat:

I think Yuna should be saved for a Kpop girl group. She's more in touch with her Korean side as far as I'm aware. She did grow up in Korea, so it would make sense. Plus, she already had a team in JYP before auditioning for the Nizi Project. It's not that I don't want her to debut, I just think she'd be better off debuting in her home country instead. She's still fairly young, has only been a trainee for roughly 3 years now; with a few more years under her belt she'd definitely have a debut coming her way.
I agree, I get a more Korean vibe from her and she isn't in my predicted debut lineup (but idk she may surprise me in S2). She didn't appear to be as close to the other JYP trainees (Mako/Miihi/Rima) as they are to each other. Also I think she needs to "ferment" more... like kimchi, as jaywhypee might say. I can definitely see her 2.5yr training in her dance, but I can't see it in her vocal or stage presence. With hard work she will polish those skills and be a great idol, plus her fluency in both languages will be a huge asset to any group. I really feel for her because her desperation to debut is so palpable and perhaps she is frustrated with seemingly stagnant improvement. What she may not fully realize yet is just how young she is since there has been so much unusually high skilled young talent around her (e.g. Miihi, Nina, even Itzy's Yuna S.) and how everyday she is making progress and that this is far from her last chance. Many trainees take much longer than 3 years to debut. Hang in there, Yuna!

Top Bottom