🌈👑 We are WithU! The Official NiziU Thread | ♪ #Heartris ♪ 👑🌈

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
It was nice seeing the girls having fun. I was surprised when it ended because I didn't even notice time pass. Really makes me miss the silly game shows with idols. It's a shame the girls probably didn't get to enjoy the park tickets because of the pandemic though. Wasn't expecting a full episode on the festival, but it was a fun episode.

A few things that stood out to me were Mako aware of how variety shows work and showing her competitive side. It was funny how she got to into the song and lost the musical chairs game too. The girls going hard in the egg thing with Rio. I wonder just how much she actually eats eggs in the dorm or if this is all just from her profile thing. Them pretending to have an egg in the limbo game to motivate Rio was pretty funny. Rio herself has a very fun personality and was very playful during the festival. Riku is a reaction machine too. Every time she reacts to something is a big explosion of meme goodness. The girls very coyly trying to trash talk was adorable too. Ayaka is surprisingly good at the limbo game despite being probably the tallest.

One thing I wonder is how much the girls will be on Japanese variety shows and if they will be in Korean ones. Japanese and Korean variety shows are very different. Twice barely goes to any, which makes sense since they are mainly based in Japan. I'm guessing they will probably do the rounds as their popularity allows them in Japan like any Japanese idol group, but maybe not be in the more out there segments some Japanese variety shows do. I haven't been following Japanese variety too closely for a while now, and a lot of the shows that had the more risque and out there concepts were canceled, but stuff like Mechaike and Toneruzu no minnasan where super funny but don't think JYPE would like that. London Hearts is still airing I think and it has a few more out there segments I wonder if they would let the girls be part of it. As far as Korean variety shows they are all super tame in comparison so I don't think they would mind that, it's more of how much and when they wish to go into the Korean market. My guess is they are gonna focus in Japan initially and depending on success and interest expand first to Korea before other Asian markets and eventually the west.

I didn't really follow k-pop when Girls Generation or Kara were popular in Japan so I can't really speak to how much they went on Japanese variety shows. Things like Music Station, or the entertainment news shows are a given imo, I wonder if the company would be comfortable with even the talk shows with Ariyoshi, Matsuko deluxe etc. Not sure if Sanma is still hosting stuff but some of his shows were tame enough that I think JYPE would be fine with it. Maybe if the girls are popular enough even get a bingo like short term show. Not sure if JYPE would have the connections for that but Sony could use their influence for that.

Also wonder if the girls will get invited by other stations to be on shows or if they will be limited to NTV stuff. Even if it's harder to find subbed stuff for Japanese tv both because there is less interest and also because of how they are very proactive with copyright I would love to see the girls be in a lot of things.

Personally I have laughed way more with Japanese TV than Korean TV. They do go over board at times, but man, the mechaike bakajo tests with the akb girls is the most hilarious stuff out there. The sports competition too. Right now Korean variety for idols is very boring to me. You basically have maybe 1 person on Running Man getting very little screen time, or a few people appear on Knowing Bros. If not that it's panel appearance on competition shows, one performance on those shows, the life watching shows rarely use rookies, but they also aren't super fun, maybe you go to the jungle, but even then it isn't particularly fun for me. God bless youtube and vlive tbh.

On the footage aired on Sukkiri, I was surprised they actually showed stuff that wasn't on the show later at all. Was already expecting the number of final members thing to be a attention grabbing bait. Don't think they would suddenly set a number for girls to debut unless they wanted to spoil the results. Considering we are at the end of May I guess they already know the final members, but I think they want people to still feel suspense while watching the show which is smart for Hulu and NTV. The intro song for the show being revealed a bit more is nice. Not a song that wows me but it's nice and catchy enough. Still don't think it stands on it's own enough to be a single or b-side. Definitely has a this is a show opening feel to it. JYP gave his speech about being an artist which is nice and all. Was a bit weird having him watch the girls pick their lineup. I get what he wanted to do but very ominous nonetheless. At least they didn't show how the girls ranked the others just themselves.

Now regarding the teams for next mission. They do seem better balanced which is easier with less teams. I understand why they gave Mako Heartbeat but wish they had given her a different concept. We already know she can do this concept very well, kind of wanted to see her try something more cute or girly to see how she does. I think she would nail it, but it would have been nice to see it instead of speculate about it. I'm very curious how Momoka reacts being in a team with Mako. I felt she already did better in a group setting last time rather than trying to do it alone, but still wasn't enough for JYP. Ayaka did well with a similar concept during the Tokyo training camp, so I think that won't hold her back, interested to see how she has improved with a more challenging choreography. Mayuka looked great during the preview so I don't expect her to struggle with the concept, but very interested to see how much she improved her dancing and singing. It's also gonna be new to see Riku in this kind of concept. I don't think this song has many challenging singing parts so I'm very curious how she will do.

Maya's team is gonna be tough one too. I don't think the concept is super out there, but it also isn't a given. It's a more nuanced concept that you have to be mature, a bit sad but also a bit content. The dancing is not hard per se but it is more complicated. The singing parts are also not super challenging but you will stand out if you aren't stable. Very curious how Miihi does, this is the most different concept that requires more dancing that she has done. Not sure if Maya's low tone fits too much in the song too, so seeing how she fits into the performance will be another thing to watch out for. Yuna is in a tough spot. She has had a lot of trouble holding her notes, if she nails this it's gonna be huge, but I'm apprehensive. Akari looked great in the preview. I think this concept should be easier for her to pull off than Baby Goodbye, but still not sure if she can pull it off.

Icy is also another tricky concept. Probably the one that is closest to something they might do after debuting, but still not a standard concept. It's energetic, confident and youthful, with bursts of energy during the choreo. It's gonna be a real test for Riria. Not sure if she is gonna be ready for it though. I hope she is but if she isn't this is gonna be real hard on her. I think Rima fits this concept the most personality wise. She might not have the confidence yet but she is very bright and playful. If she can clean up her moves a little bit I can see her crushing this stage. Rio looked great during previews. I think she can nail the dance but her vocal performance depends a lot on what lines she gets. I think concept wise Nina won't have many issues, but her dancing can hold her back. There are a lot of moves that need to be done in short beats and she has trouble memorizing dancing routines. I think she can pull off the main vocal lines, but the question is can she do that while dancing properly too.

I think this time the challenge is pretty even for everyone. The only one you can argue is probably in a comfortable spot is Mako, but maybe JYP staff just doesn't feel it needs to test her more. Maybe they just feel like seeing how much she can help other girls is better use of time than gauging her performance range. I understand if that is the thought process but still am a bit disappointed because I wanted to see how she would do in other concepts. I do feel like she is ready to debut, so it isn't too big of a deal.

Super speculative so I'll put this in another spoiler. I won't go fully into the that is the lineup because there are other reasons some girls weren't there, but I do think it's likely the final lineup. Considering the timeline right about now is when they wanted to be done with choosing the girls, i.e. 6 months. The girls missing also make sense as possible eliminations. As much as I wish it weren't so Riria has always ranked low and never got a cube. Not only that JYP said next mission is a last chance and all 3 songs are tough for choreography if you don't have stamina. Yuna hasn't gotten over her nerves or stage fright, whichever it is, and the chances she still didn't are not insignificant. Akari had a comeback, but the 2 times in last rule can be her downfall. JYP likes her but he is between disappointment and expectation with her, so I can see him placing her last if she does poorly this mission. Momoka has consistently ranked low too and has placed last like Akari, so her spot is very shaky. I still hold onto hope for a 13 member debut, but these kinds of sightings are usually a case of where there is smoke there is fire.

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
On a blue rock in the middle of a big empty.
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
Yeah these extremely staged group performances definitely aren't as compelling as the earlier ones where they did impromptu battles out of of the audience. Also since the final 7 will be entirely decided by audience vote (sans rigging), the performances results are not that important compared to getting more screentime with positive edits to gain viewer support.
BTW. The Youth with you uploaded live performances for the first time so you can get a much much better comparison on the voices of Nizi Girls vs Youth with you Girls. Not 100% as they had the gain turned up on the YwY mics too high. But still it's not studio so you can at least hear inaccuracies.

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285

200529 Nizi Project S2 Ep6 ENG SUB by Nizi Project English Subtitle

I should have waited to watch this today instead of yesterday. I appreciate the fast subs. Also love seeing Rio getting a chance to really show her fun side. She's somehow taken over Mako as my bias now with Riku 2nd.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
I should have waited to watch this today instead of yesterday. I appreciate the fast subs. Also love seeing Rio getting a chance to really show her fun side. She's somehow taken over Mako as my bias now with Riku 2nd.

She had a lot of good emotes this episode.
715803122450300998.gif

S

Some

Ayaka show her flexeblity at that limbo 80cm moment you came so far girl :sejeongcry:

can't beleive next week is semi final 😢 . Wonder if those spoilers gonna be true or not but i don't think they are since they show pictures of 9 people instead of 12 the only we can have spoiler photos of 9 members if momoka or akari rank last next week & three more girls drop out . Unless jyp surprises up &next week and says hes eliminating 3 people but i dont think that is happening . Besides just before that 13 people were spotted filming that stray kids thing .

I'm talking about this :

They’re pretty confident about: Mako, Nina, Rima, Ayaka, Riku, Rio, Maya
Seem to think 2 tone hair is Mayuka

kNnqqOC.jpg

82QzyDZ.jpg

q1FRjfB.jpg

mayuka in her heartbeat outfit/hairstyle/makeup

:heartpar:

he's probably not talking about her but yes jyp she was really cool 😭❤.

also i agree that team combination for next mission are much better than last one .

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935

An eventful 3rd mission. Absolute ace Miihi big tears. The meaning of JYP's words: "Yuna's last chance"; "Mayuka, best self".

Trials before the final mission! Team battle! 3 teams led by Mako, Maya and Rima... First place all get cubes! Can Maya team express to the world the meaning of the lyrics? Mako team struggling with powerful and energetic expression. JYP's surprise lesson.

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
The question is if it's foreshadowing or suspense bait. Miihi has cried pretty after doing well too so it doesn't mean much. Considering both Akari and Yuna are on her team could also be either of them got a bad review and she is crying out of empathy. Could also be she did poorly for the first time. Way too many possibilities as is. We saw her crying in the preview for the episode, but since they decided to make it a tagline I think it's trying to create expectation for something. We'll see.

I suspect the Mako team comment is more because of the other people on her team, but I won't discard a low chance Mako herself also struggling. Especially if it's about stage presence more than the dance itself. The Mayuka comment could be something JYP wishes to see or foreshadowing her stage presence because she looked great in the preview. Since this song is tamer vocally imo than DTNA I think it's foreshadowing because she will be able to focus more on dancing.

Also seems like they will keep Rima team for episode 9. Some people are speculating the final mission to be a 2 team mission, which I can see happening. JYP likes doing that, I just hope it isn't the same song for entertainment reasons. It just isn't that interesting seeing two teams do the same song back-to-back even if that is optimal for comparing performances. I also like individual evaluations more than head-to-head ones.

The final mission thing is a bit ambiguous too. It could be this is the final mission and they mean the training woes are the trials, but I think it's more likely mission 4 is last because that makes 4 cubes. Not quite happy with only 4 missions. I wonder if they planned for more and the pandemic messed their plans up or if they had this 4 missions set from the start, hence 4 cubes. I guess they have to make choices eventually, but they did have 6 months and I would be fine with 6 missions.

So my guess is episode 7 and 8 are mission 3, 9 and 10 are mission 4 and reveal? Which would make last episode June 26.

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
An eventful 3rd mission. Absolute ace Miihi big tears. The meaning of JYP's words: "Yuna's last chance"; "Mayuka, best self".

Trials before the final mission! Team battle! 3 teams led by Mako, Maya and Rima... First place all get cubes! Can Maya team express to the world the meaning of the lyrics? Mako team struggling with powerful and energetic expression. JYP's surprise lesson.
I'm not putting much on Miihi's tears. Too many questions about what it could mean at all so it's not much of an indicator for me. There are other items though that stuck out for me.

The statement last chance before final. This indicates that we definitely are doing a 10 episode season if there was any doubt before. Also while all 3 groups could perform next week I'm doubting it. I expect only one next week and then two in week eight. Having just two this week and then one next week just seems anti climactic. This leaves episodes 9 and 10. I'm going to guess and say this will be a two performance mission with 2 songs similar to SIXTEEN. Episode 9 will be prep work along with mission song 1 followed by more prep work. Week 10 will be the mission song 2 final selection. Also like 16 on episodes 9 and 10 we will finally get to see what type of music they will be performing with at least one original song if not 2.

It might be a bit early but I'm curious as to how the final stage will be. It could be a live audience thing and would have fully expected it except for the COVID-19 issue. I'm wondering if it will be a mission performed in front of say Twice and the others but with Twice and Stray Kids doing a comeback and most likely ITZY going into hard prep work for their next comeback. (I expected August but he may be pushing it forward since SK and Twice are so close together).

One item that is missing from the tag lines is Rima's team. That could mean they aren't performing in episode 7 but could could also mean they didn't do all that well. This could pose issues for Riria who also doesn't have a cube and who like Momoka wasn't highlighted in the last episode. The same rule that goes for Yuna being the last chance would also work for Momoka and Riria

Also the statement "Last Chance" is a bit odd. If like the previous season the last peformance can give you all the cubes than this is apparently not the case as season 1. But also wince Yuna couldn't possibly get all 4 cubes from the remaining number on missions that could be left if only one cube was being given out for each remaining performance then that statement also doesn't make sense. So not sure what to make of that.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
The question is if it's foreshadowing or suspense bait. Miihi has cried pretty after doing well too so it doesn't mean much. Considering both Akari and Yuna are on her team could also be either of them got a bad review and she is crying out of empathy. Could also be she did poorly for the first time. Way too many possibilities as is. We saw her crying in the preview for the episode, but since they decided to make it a tagline I think it's trying to create expectation for something. We'll see.

I suspect the Mako team comment is more because of the other people on her team, but I won't discard a low chance Mako herself also struggling. Especially if it's about stage presence more than the dance itself. The Mayuka comment could be something JYP wishes to see or foreshadowing her stage presence because she looked great in the preview. Since this song is tamer vocally imo than DTNA I think it's foreshadowing because she will be able to focus more on dancing.

Also seems like they will keep Rima team for episode 9. Some people are speculating the final mission to be a 2 team mission, which I can see happening. JYP likes doing that, I just hope it isn't the same song for entertainment reasons. It just isn't that interesting seeing two teams do the same song back-to-back even if that is optimal for comparing performances. I also like individual evaluations more than head-to-head ones.

The final mission thing is a bit ambiguous too. It could be this is the final mission and they mean the training woes are the trials, but I think it's more likely mission 4 is last because that makes 4 cubes. Not quite happy with only 4 missions. I wonder if they planned for more and the pandemic messed their plans up or if they had this 4 missions set from the start, hence 4 cubes. I guess they have to make choices eventually, but they did have 6 months and I would be fine with 6 missions.

So my guess is episode 7 and 8 are mission 3, 9 and 10 are mission 4 and reveal? Which would make last episode June 26.

I would have likde to see more missions also perhaps a few like in sixteen that were not based around stage performance considering the company does value star quality, personality so highly as JYP specified in S1. Since they've strictly had stage evaluations, I feel they've sort of massaged the results to enable certain candidates that would be stronger in the random missions like Sixteen's modeling, fan recruiting, etc to get enough cubes to justify their inclusion in the lineup.

Regarding your earlier speculation about the photo leaks being final lineup, I suspect they may have been even more recent than the May 20th date some people attributed. It definitely is highly peculiar that only the 8 candidates with 2 cubes were spotted along with a 1 cuber that has risen in fan support greatly of late.

I'm not putting much on Miihi's tears. Too many questions about what it could mean at all so it's not much of an indicator for me. There are other items though that stuck out for me.

The statement last chance before final. This indicates that we definitely are doing a 10 episode season if there was any doubt before. Also while all 3 groups could perform next week I'm doubting it. I expect only one next week and then two in week eight. Having just two this week and then one next week just seems anti climactic. This leaves episodes 9 and 10. I'm going to guess and say this will be a two performance mission with 2 songs similar to SIXTEEN. Episode 9 will be prep work along with mission song 1 followed by more prep work. Week 10 will be the mission song 2 final selection. Also like 16 on episodes 9 and 10 we will finally get to see what type of music they will be performing with at least one original song if not 2.

It might be a bit early but I'm curious as to how the final stage will be. It could be a live audience thing and would have fully expected it except for the COVID-19 issue. I'm wondering if it will be a mission performed in front of say Twice and the others but with Twice and Stray Kids doing a comeback and most likely ITZY going into hard prep work for their next comeback. (I expected August but he may be pushing it forward since SK and Twice are so close together).

One item that is missing from the tag lines is Rima's team. That could mean they aren't performing in episode 7 but could could also mean they didn't do all that well. This could pose issues for Riria who also doesn't have a cube and who like Momoka wasn't highlighted in the last episode. The same rule that goes for Yuna being the last chance would also work for Momoka and Riria

Also the statement "Last Chance" is a bit odd. If like the previous season the last peformance can give you all the cubes than this is apparently not the case as season 1. But also wince Yuna couldn't possibly get all 4 cubes from the remaining number on missions that could be left if only one cube was being given out for each remaining performance then that statement also doesn't make sense. So not sure what to make of that.

With the athletic competition timeline likely being late March/ early April and Mission3 shortly after, the recording of Mission4 might have already been concluded earlier in May.

The last episode of Nizikake is reported to be June 25th so no signs of more than 10 episodes for the main show.

Not sure if JYP's line to Yuna is just taken out of context to bring up drama/interest. It certainly has worked as along with Yuna's fans mobilizing, there seems to be additional sympathy vote increasing her daily ranking of late. If it wasn't out of context, I would just read it as Yuna needs to have a good performance and earn a cube. Even if she isn't at risk of early elimination, she can't go 3 missions without a cube and have a reasonable chance to debut.

Last edited:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
im scared for miihi
Rest easy as Miihi will be fine. There's no question of her passing to the final group. Even if this is a terrible evaluation nothing truly catestrophic could happen to her. If it was a bad evaluation the one to be worried for would be Yuna or Akari as they are the lower ranking girls in her group. Akari has one last place so one more last place and she is out, and Yuna has been zero diamond cubes.

Top Bottom