🌈👑 We are WithU! The Official NiziU Thread | ♪ #Heartris ♪ 👑🌈

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭81,290
I don’t get how Ayaka ranked that high! The other girls out performed her in singing, dancing, in visuals, and in overall stage presence. I will forever be mad if Ayaka makes it with little to none improvement over the other girls that did :stonemin: jyp being bias again:Headingout:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
On a blue rock in the middle of a big empty.
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
Riku without bangs :omgwhat: she’s glowing :sejeongcry:
Maya #1 yussss Well deserved :heartpar:
That's what it was. I was wondering what was different about here. I wonder if that is what jYP was commenting on for the "She's beautifull" comment that was in the promo for this week.

As for Ayaka. She is pretty much a garanteed member. According to the traineers she is really trying hard. She is also showing a modest amount of improvement in the dancing department from what I see. It's just that her standard of beauty is exactly what the Korean audience wants. And while they aren't necessarily targeting the Korean audience JYP and his trainers are Korean. Since Korea has a very specific "look" which she fits she will debut and JYP and his staff are all Korean's so.... In Mauritania she'd be puke material. But then all of them would be.:) They like them BIG

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285
I don’t get how Ayaka ranked that high! The other girls out performed her in singing, dancing, in visuals, and in overall stage presence. I will forever be mad if Ayaka makes it with little to none improvement over the other girls that did :stonemin: jyp being bias again:Headingout:
She's definitely debuting. Ayaka is a star that is pretty and a hard-worker. She's way too well-liked and popular for her not to debut.

I did a personal ranking based off of everyone's performances and improvements.
1. Maya - Definitely deserved 1st place. Her vocals were stable and showcased much better here than Touch. Her dancing was also showcased well here. Charisma and star power was displayed really well. No complaints.

2. Rima - Loved seeing a different side to her showcasing her versatility. Her singing was nice for a sub vocalist but her rapping was top notch. It was even more impressive that she did the whole rap herself and didn't sound out of breath either. Her dancing was also the best in the group for me. She did the best in her winning team and deserved the 2nd spot.

3. Riku - I think Riku should have been higher and deserved this spot over Mako. Despite her team not winning the challenge she did so well. Her singing was stable and impressive even though the song is crazily high pitched. She like Rima showed versatility in switching up styles that are appreciated. She has such a captivating stage presence and is one of the most talented/improved trainees on the show to me.

4. Rio - She was placed much lower from JYP/Staff on the ranking even though she got such high praise. Her singing improved so much. Like JYP said it was rich and arguably was the best out of the swing baby performance. Her charisma was showcased nicely and her dancing was top notch.

5. Akari - She did so much better here than her solo evaluation. Singing was more stable and her stage presence was insane, she stood out the most in DTNA. Had her dancing been a bit better she would have been ranked higher for me.

6. Mako - Originally JYP/staff placed her in 3rd place but me putting her here is a preference. Idk if it's just me but I feel like as the show goes Mako's singing gets worse. She started off in Nizi project by being one of the best singers and a possible lead vocalist for the group but now comes off as a sub vocalist. In Swing Baby I even liked Rio's singing more than hers. Mako's singing is starting to sound so frail and thin and overall breathy. I wonder if this is just a stylistic choice that JYPE is training her to do or this is something she's doing to help her stay stable while singing and dancing but to me it doesn't sound good. Her singing is just too inconsistent for me to rank her higher and I think Maya and Rio stood out more in the performance but she did great.

7. Miihi - I really hope we see her do something more challenging and show us a different side to her. I think she carried the singing of this group well but nothing that we haven't seen from her already. She did better than the others listed but I don't think she did anything stand out that I would rank her higher for.

8. Nina - Her singing was great and I liked the high note that she did. Her dancing seems to have improved and didn't stand out badly as I thought. Her dancing is still lackluster so I can't put her higher but I think she had a better showing than solo evaluations and I think she's working on her weakness. She needs to get better on her dancing to rank higher.

9. Riria - Her facial expressions have got better and I think vocally she was good support for her team. Dancing isn't the best. Riria is still that okay trainee but still lacks star power/charisma and an outstanding showing to get her to the next level of making the group.

10. Ayaka - I've already stated my opinion but I think she should be a lot lower than JYP/Staff put her. Her singing is arguable the worst out of all the girls. Her singing is too big and noticeable to rank her higher. Her dancing has got better but is I think Rima did a better job than her in that aspect. Ayaka is a beautiful girl with natural charisma but that should only take you so far. I need to see improvement in her singing.

11. Mayuka - I think this was a worse showing for her than in her solo evaluations. She didn't do terrible but besides the hairstyle she didn't stand out at all. Her dancing and singing weren't anything noticeable in fact she sounded out of breath. I think not standing out is the worst spot you could be in at this point in the show. Mayuka has nice visuals but if she doesn't give a better showing soon I don't see the need of her in the group.

12. Yuna- Poor girl, was set up in a group to fail tbh. The pitch of heart shaker was way too high for her so she sounded shaky and pitchy during her parts. Her dancing lacked power and her whole aura seems off. I can tell she lacks confidence and that really ruined the chemistry of the group. Also since she's been a JYP trainee for 2 years(?) her performances continue to be disappointing. I think at this point she should continue to train for the next Korean gg in JYP. I don't think she's ready to debut.

13. Momoka - Again was set up to fail. Her dancing was noticeably bad and her not getting any lines made her not stand out and forgotten. Her singing actually sounded nice but she still lacks that star power and comes off like an amateur. I think Momoka is clearly not ready to debut BUT I think her singing has potential and I would love to see her debut in JYP's Korean gg, She's a pretty girl just lacks the training and confidence.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Although Nizi is billed as a competition, viewing it like another Superstar K competition where the absolute best gets the prize will probably lead to disappointment. For one thing, there won't be a single winner at the end of Nizi, but a group of winners who will debut as a group. JYP and the trainers may be trying to pick out the best of the best, but they are still cognizant of filling the various roles in a group, finding the right mix of members with complementary strengths and personalities, while striking that balance between skillsets and attractability. And yes, there is space in the group for a visual with star power - JYP still has another 6 months to improve her vocals. Even in a group full of visuals like Twice, there is still space for THE visual that can attract attention to the group.

Which means that as much as the missions are the focal points of the show, a good part of the individual evaluations are probably coming from interactions and observations that happen off-screen. So when people talk about trainer "bias", it's basically their evaluation and perception of the trainees which they are supposed to provide. The difference of course is that we viewers form our impressions from the hour of so of footage every week, while the trainers form theirs over the hundreds of hours in between assessments.

For example, I doubt that Ayaka will be evaluated vocally solely on the 10 seconds of lines she had on VeryX3 - feedback from the vocal coach with regards to her overall progress will likely factor in to any decisions JYP and the team makes. Likewise, JYP may get an impression of a group's teamwork during their stage performance, but discussions with the trainers will help him flesh out a fuller picture. This might seem unfair strictly from a competition "best person on the day wins" point of view, but it is pretty much the norm in terms of how kpop trainees are evaluated and chosen.

Anyway, glad that they're getting a break with some variety-type games in next week's episode. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if the girls are still being evaluated, especially for their variety potential - j-idols are well known for their variety show skills after all.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
Last edited:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
One thing I really disagree with JYP on is if you are putting out a team mission with you winning or losing based on the team it is not correct to give individual cubes out. If you can theoretically give a cube out to someone that wouldn't normally have passed it is not a consistant argument to then give a cube to a team that didn't pass based on an individual performance. For that reason either give all of team Riku or team Nina a cube or give none of them out. For a team mission you succeed or don't with the team. And yes that means that two of the girls I really like Riku and Nina don't get a cube. But if you make a rule. Then treat it as real rule.

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
My predictions for next ranking.
1. Riku
2. Rima
3. Maya
4. Nina
5. Rio
6. Ayaka
7. Akari
8. Mako
9. Momoka
10. Mayuka
11. Mako
12. Yuna
13. Miihi

Oh forgot the next mission.
Next weeks mission.....Who can be the biggest over the top goofball, laugh machine, mistake and accident prone person during the games and amusement episodes. Previous winners. Sana, who couldn't stand on one leg for 1/2 a second, Somi who fell in the water just sitting on the raft. Chaeryeong for drowning everyone in Twice, Naeyeon for her charade antics.

This is the real stuff were idols are truly made. Dancing (who cares about that), singing (auto tune can fix anything), looks (what you never heard of Photoshop and plastic surgery?), personality (the expression "she can walk all over me" ring a bell??). All the previous episodes were nothing more than build up to the REAL BATTLE.

cutiepop

sub to meh plez
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭33,800
My predictions for next ranking.
1. Riku
2. Rima
3. Maya
4. Nina
5. Rio
6. Ayaka
7. Akari
8. Mako
9. Momoka
10. Mayuka
11. Mako
12. Yuna
13. Miihi

Oh forgot the next mission.
Next weeks mission.....Who can be the biggest over the top goofball, laugh machine, mistake and accident prone person during the games and amusement episodes. Previous winners. Sana, who couldn't stand on one leg for 1/2 a second, Somi who fell in the water just sitting on the raft. Chaeryeong for drowning everyone in Twice, Naeyeon for her charade antics.

This is the real stuff were idols are truly made. Dancing (who cares about that), singing (auto tune can fix anything), looks (what you never heard of Photoshop and plastic surgery?), personality (the expression "she can walk all over me" ring a bell??). All the previous episodes were nothing more than build up to the REAL BATTLE.
why would miihi be last place?

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
It is so weird having Nizikake air before the second Sukkiri spotlight. But I guess this whole setup is weird. Anywho.

This matchup really highlighted how the teams were not balanced well. Also it was like complete opposite energies from both teams. Team Heart Maker had this super gloomy aura while team Matunnie had this kind of professional and driven air to them. I guess it's hard to see it unless you watch everything like we get to and JYP staff really didn't get that until the show was entirely edited. Not even sure if they got the whole picture because editing was probably entirely done by the production team that is most likely provided by Nihon TV. I feel like all 3 of the girls in Heart Shaker team kind of get overwhelmed by their situation, but Riku manages to power through it unlike the other two.

I feel bad for Yuna specifically because we've seen her skills, she has been training for a long time and what is holding her back is something mental. I get the feeling that after trying to encourage her early on JYP himself and the company staff got to a point in which they don't know how else to get her out of her rut and are starting to show frustration with her. It's always a sad moment when a teacher gives up on their student, but it seems to me this is the case. Unlike the other Japanese girls she was already training at JYPE and was there after the first audition so my guess this isn't something they are trying to deal with that sprouted then but something ongoing since August last year. Having said that her body language and overall demeanor are not encouraging. I'm assuming here that the editing team didn't leave out major behavior differences, which is a big jump to make, but I haven't felt they tried to hide anything so I'll still make it. I wondered in the first challenge what her reaction to the bad feedback meant and it seems she is resigned to doing poorly which bodes extremely poorly for her future in the show. I just feel like she is very lethargic and defeated from the way she looks not only when JYP is giving her criticism but also during practice and training. It's a huge shame. Her performance was better here than previously but still not inspiring. She danced ok but missed the beat at one part. Her singing was very shaky. She worked hard on her stage presence but you could see she was deflated in all of it which took the appeal out of it. I always wondered if she joined this show 100% in to it or if she felt more comfortable trying for a Korean debut with the Korean trainees. Regardless of the reason I just feel like at this point she gave up on herself and it's very disheartening. I'm not sure if she drops from the show if she stays in JYPE. She is still young so it is definitely possible for her to wait a few years for a Korean GG, but from what we've seen from past survival shows the girls usually leave even if they are young enough to not have urgency to debut. It isn't always immediate but only 1 girl from Sixteen managed to debut with JYP outside of Twice. She can still make it in the show but it is going to take a major change in her posture. I feel like if she was showing the same performance but being more proactive during training she would rank higher. I also wonder how she would have done in a group with Mako. Maybe the same but maybe Mako's methodical approach would help her get over her own insecurities. A real tough situation for sure.

Momoka's ranking to me is entirely on her reaction. It looks like she already accepted being last and kind of expects it. I don't think she performed that poorly honestly. It wasn't perfect but I felt like her vocals were decent and even showed a bit of promise. She had some pretty decent stage presence too. Her dancing also didn't stand out poorly. The issue is while JYP was giving her his assessment it felt like she was not really taking it in and didn't think she herself could improve. I wonder if she wants to drop out because she feels like a fish out of water. Maybe this just isn't the thing for her. Much like Yuna her body language isn't inspiring. I was surprised when JYP announced Momoka for the Korean training so maybe she was also and kind of went in halfheartedly. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I don't have a good feeling for her future with the show. It's also a shame because even though she is in the bottom as far as starting skill is I don't think she did too horribly and can definitely improve. This is why I wanted more girls to be invited, you never know how girls will respond to training and not everyone has the personality to take to it. It's a lot of work and a lot of sacrifice and not everyone can do it.

I'm still surprised how much Riku gets absorbed into a lull. She seems like such a silly kid that likes to mess around you'd think these things wouldn't get to her but it's very clear how much they affect her. Despite it all though she manages to take to training with discipline. I think it was very nice to see her manage to lead her team and try to improve their training and practice even though she was definitely taken by the somber mood. Her vocal once again showed promise but she was still off pitch to me in bits. Her voice was very clear though. She did better with the dance this time, but it is also a simpler choreo. She had good stage presence but I think it was not to the level of Who's Your Mama. Maybe the overall spirit of her team made it harder for her to go show a completely cheerful stage, along with the pressure of facing Mako's team. It was a bit heartbreaking to see her conflicted with happiness of her personal results and sadness over her teammates.

Overall I agree with JYP this was the weakest performance. They didn't really ever look like a team especially vocally. Even though I dance wise they did a good job to me. It was a bit disjointed with how one person seemed very worried, one seemed fine and the other seemed like they were straining a lot.

Swing Baby team was really interesting to watch and as a song choice. Being limited by JYPE's catalogue presents a very unique challenge and I believe the staff had a very clear goal with each team. My guess is they decided to put the more mature girls and with decent performance level and test just how far they can go. Mako always does something different every stage and does it well with good preparation. Maya showed a great stage and some nice skill. Rio was the wildcard. While she did a good job dancing in a style she was not familiar with at all her vocal skill is still lagging behind and this song is one with an energetic choreography on top of singing. This was probably the hardest song but also the most skilled team overall.

It was great seeing a little bit more of their personalities with Mako being a bit silly but still very straightforward. Wanting to cook for her team to bond is a very nice way to show you care and to build up goodwill with the people you will team with. I wouldn't quite say she is has a serious personality, but she gives me slight Naachan(akb48/stu48) vibes. She isn't as serious or as silly as her, but a more milder kind of mixture of both. It feels like whoever teams up with her will do well. I think she did great as usual performing. One of the most solid and consistent girls on the show. I think she danced very well. The girls are clearly not used to this kind of rhythm and song and it was apparent, so I'm not saying she was perfect, but considering the situation she did a great job. The moves were smooth and fluid even if less energetic than the original. I think she sang well too. The song kind of needed a bit more of a higher pitch at times and they didn't have someone that could do it, but that isn't really her range and that is fine. Her stage presence was great and she lead the team very well.

Maya also showed a bit of her personality again. A very silly girl that seems to be at high spirits at all times. Did a great job performing too. Her stage presence shined throughout the song. Very expressive, with lots of detailed moves to add to her image. I think she danced very well too. In her previous performances there were a few moves that looked a bit awkward, while in this one I didn't notice any. It has been really great seeing her blossom and polish her skills in the show. Once again she found a tone that really suited her and added a lot to the music. Very impressive performance.

Along the same lines Rio is also one of the silly kids in the group. Her little dance of excitement along with Maya when Mako was cooking them hamburgers is really the mark of their playfulness. She did a good job with singing. Still not 100% perfect but more stable. I don't think she will be able to showcase incredible range during the show, but that is fine. Her dance was really exactly what I expected. She fit in very well even with a style she probably has 0 experience with and didn't look out of place at all. She also had amazing stage presence not missing a beat along with the other two.

This team was easily the most impressive. They got the hardest song and nailed it. I think the staff must be elated. They wanted to challenge these girls and they answered in kind. They had the best stage presence put out a great show and all of that in a genre none of them know anything about. I feel like this really shows how far the future group can go with Mako leading them

I genuinely have a hard time ranking the girls this challenge. They really improved and are mostly all at a similar level imo. Aside from the very top and the very bottom I don't have much argument against anything. I personally would have put Miihi first, but it's not that big of a difference. I feel like her, Mako, Maya are at the top for sure. After that I would put in any order Riku, Rio, Akari, Rima, Nina and Riria. Then Ayaka. After that Mayuka, Momoka and Yuna in this order. If we are talking about merely skill I would put Momoka ahead of Ayaka and Mayuka, but I don't think I can do that given how we saw her during the episode. It's hard to tell how invested she is and how she feels at the moment. I understand JYP and the staff are taking a lot into consideration when ranking the girls. Not only their skill, but in a greater level of importance their stage presence and training aptitude. I still can't put Ayaka ahead of Rio, Nina and Riria though. She did fine dancing but poorly singing. Had good stage presence but so did all the other girls I mentioned. Had Riria performed poorly and looked as awkward as she did in the first challenge I can see it but she didn't. I don't think there needs to be vitriol about her ranking though. JYP likes her stage presence a lot and is definitely biased towards her, but that is always the case in any judgement. Rima is the other disagreement I have with JYP. I think she did well, but had some spots in which I saw needed more work while I think Mako and Miihi had a more cohesive showing.

It is going to be fun seeing the girls do some fun games next episode. I hope it's not a bait and switch situation and we get only 5 mins of games. I will be happy with 10-15 mins. I think 20% of the show is a good enough chunk to give to some variety skill developing and minor personality showcase.

I wonder if they are gonna do a new individual challenge and do one more team one. We have already seen a team that hasn't performed yet train so we know there will be one more team challenge just don't know when it will be. If they go straight back to individual I have a bad feeling for Momoka, Yuna and Riria. Momoka and Yuna don't seem to have the confidence to carry out a solo stage and Riria and Momoka don't seem to have the knowhow on how to train and improve for it.

Right now I feel like Momoka and Yuna are on a thin line. Riria improved but seeing how JYP still ranked her low and didn't give her a cube I fear for her future in the show. Mayuka is a toss up. JYP likes her and her stage presence but I feel like her skills are still behind most of the other girls. I don't quite agree with JYP that it's because she still thinks of herself as an amateur I just feel like she started from a lower point than the others and is gonna need more work than them to catch up. Outside of that I still feel the same way I did since episode 4 about everyone's chances. Am glad and feeling better that Akari managed to comeback with a better stage. Hope she continues to improve and reaches her potential. It's also nice seeing the show continue to garner attention in Japan. It took a little while but they are slowly getting there. The show is ranking second in the Hulu weekly ranking and the girls are trending in Yahoo JP when the Sukkiri spotlights happen, which is very used in Japan rivaling google. Things are looking very positive for their success when they debut.

It is sad that a 13 person debut is less likely by the episode but I don't think there is much that can be done. I don't think it's particularly unfair if the show eliminates girls because there has clearly been a difference in performance. There might even be voluntary walkouts by the mood. We'll see what ends up happening. In the end I'm a softy and wanted everyone to achieve their dreams, but JYPE has more to consider. Not to mention it isn't necessarily a good thing to debut someone if they themselves aren't sure this is what they want.

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935

Sukkiri to air an interview with JYP on the 26th

Last edited:

imaslave4tzuyu

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,940

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
The best sports festival! 2PM's Wooyoung appearance. Premiere in Japan! Great excitement for JYP's concert! A peek into the rooms during camp.
Nizi's daughters surprising real selves special! First variety project! An unexpected trainee's great success! As expected a game of musical chairs! A gesture game to test their expressions... Who are the agile and good at variety trainees? Real intentions revealed... A peek into their first day of shared life!
Interesting. Going by this it looks like it will be a full episode of variety and slice of life stuff. I would have liked it better if they sprinkled these in with the competition every episode but at least we will get at least 40 mins of the girls being more relaxed and hopefully showing more of their personality.

cutiepop

sub to meh plez
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭33,800

Interesting. Going by this it looks like it will be a full episode of variety and slice of life stuff. I would have liked it better if they sprinkled these in with the competition every episode but at least we will get at least 40 mins of the girls being more relaxed and hopefully showing more of their personality.
episode 7? wheres 6?

Top Bottom