The Official GFRIEND 여자친구 & VIVIZ 비비지 Thread ❤ Gfriend Forever ❤

eternal glow

forever with gfriend ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,641
I'm pretty sad that Kaho just confirmed he left SouMu on his IG account. I REALLY WANT GFRIEND TO HAVE A LITTLE BROTHER GROUP and I feel like it's just not going to happen anymore sigh. I imagine SouMu is going to stay mute like they've always been about this so I'm just going to have no expectations anymore.

cealh

Thumb's Up! Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,195
I'm pretty sad that Kaho just confirmed he left SouMu on his IG account. I REALLY WANT GFRIEND TO HAVE A LITTLE BROTHER GROUP and I feel like it's just not going to happen anymore sigh. I imagine SouMu is going to stay mute like they've always been about this so I'm just going to have no expectations anymore.
Well, hearing about new GG wih cooperation with BH, I'm not suprised. I can't imagine small company like SouMu having even 3 groups (GF, NGG and NBG). And I was hoping for BG for Soumu's growth. Let assume that NGG wil debut in 2021. This will' be when GF contracts expire. Wil they extend? We don't know. And will new GG enough popular to be sustain SouMu which will split profits with BH?

Yupuplover

Senpai Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,733,028
Well I think the rumor for Hyunbin is the same as well. SouMu didn't say a single thing even some k-sides fans complain. Is just how Soumu until today didn't mentioned what happen to Yuju , even if Yuju didn't want to tell the reason. At least say something like explaining to the fans to respect her decision rather than not saying a thing. Also, still soumu kept quiet even after knowing the rumor about Yuju's absence,& told fans they would release but nothing. though now I personally feel, Yuju was the one who didn't want to explain something too personal to her to fans but as an agency they should explain or asking fans to understand her decision. Anyway my point is I already expect Soumu will stay mute. Also is really common in the industry

Well, hearing about new GG wih cooperation with BH, I'm not suprised. I can't imagine small company like SouMu having even 3 groups (GF, NGG and NBG). And I was hoping for BG for Soumu's growth. Let assume that NGG wil debut in 2021. This will' be when GF contracts expire. Wil they extend? We don't know. And will new GG enough popular to be sustain SouMu which will split profits with BH?
about the profit part, as an accounting background person, we really depend on how the merger/acquisition terms being layout. But I only tell you is for business accounting term, subsidiary profit remains as their profit. their profit will reflect on their parent co (e.g BH)'s reporting statement to make their financial health which I believe one day they will be forced to become a public listed company (e.g. SM, JYP, YG). Merger&acquisition is a common practice for companies trying to go into IPO. I don't know about the girl contract bt in Kpop industry is commonly 7-10 yrs (p.s 10 yrs I think I only saw is for E*o, but majority is 7 yrs.) As for the NGG for 2021, again depends on they will be under SouMu or BH & the profits by the NGG will depend on the terms they agreed on. I won't see SouMu go down even if the profit is bad after all I doubt CEO So agreed on this to bring his hardwork down.

Yupuplover

Senpai Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,733,028
Sowon's Voice Vlive (if it ended I'm sorry)

Some of Sowon's replies to buddies translated by Fany &afiqaahpika

Last edited:

eternal glow

forever with gfriend ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,641
I don't want to sound like a pessimist but I'm not super excited about the joint girl group. I kind of just want SouMu to grow on their own merits and have their own groups as well which was why I was so excited at the thought of SouMu boys. I don't want SouMu to be stuck with the task of being a co-manager for girl groups, especially not after all the hard work it took for GFriend to grow the company from zero. Of course this is just me making assumptions but I'd like to hope it's just me making stuff up.

cealh

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,195
I don't want to sound like a pessimist but I'm not super excited about the joint girl group. I kind of just want SouMu to grow on their own merits and have their own groups as well which was why I was so excited at the thought of SouMu boys. I don't want SouMu to be stuck with the task of being a co-manager for girl groups, especially not after all the hard work it took for GFriend to grow the company from zero. Of course this is just me making assumptions but I'd like to hope it's just me making stuff up.
I couldn't agree with you more, but I like to look on the bright sight of life. However after some thoughts, I ask myself do I really care about SouMu? I stan GFriend and Umji, not company. They may do whatever they want, unless they harm girls, then I'll get mad:iwillfightyou:

spo

Girl Group Supremacist Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,475
Pronouns
she/her
What I've heard is that SouMu will exclusively be for female trainees, and BH for male trainees. So this new gg is a SouMu gg, just that this is the new marketing for the BH family, which now includes SouMu. I've also heard the rumors about Hyunbin and the other male trainees, but I've also heard rumors that they've "left" and switched over to BH.

cealh

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,195
What I've heard is that SouMu will exclusively be for female trainees, and BH for male trainees. So this new gg is a SouMu gg, just that this is the new marketing for the BH family, which now includes SouMu. I've also heard the rumors about Hyunbin and the other male trainees, but I've also heard rumors that they've "left" and switched over to BH.
Well, I would be strange to let strange rumors spread, if they only transfer trainees, but it's SouMu, so I'm not suprised¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Yupuplover

Senpai Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,733,028
It seems weird, I remember seeing Soumu audition IG account still looking for male trainees and that post is after the NGG audition announcement. But ofc I won't be surprised they transfer the trainee to BH because that is what the situation for Mystic & SM but that happened for female trainees
Well, I would be strange to let strange rumors spread, if they only transfer trainees, but it's SouMu, so I'm not suprised¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
well the transferring of trainees is not as simple as what most new kpop fans know, it still have to catch the other party interests/agreement (i.e. to transfer to BH, they need to meet BH expectation. ) is not that easy. Also transferring trainees I think is common, recently I also just knew that like some Mystic trainees transfer to SM & was then brought back to Mystic. So my point is I believe is quite common in their industry.

==========================================================================================================================

As of now, there are a lot of rumors going on. But I suggest we not to blame on the acquisition/soumu. Is really really common for trainees to leave even such acquisition news, these trainees are worried about their dream. (some will leave in dungeon for years, some left after training with no goals) but I still don't believe they literally "kick out" all the male trainees because I still see soumu audition still welcome for both girl & boy after the NGG audition announced unless I mistaken something:unsure: /also why will Soumu risk themselves for possible lawsuit (i.e if all the males trainees parent want to sue the company).

I know about the "Kaho" IG post but his post said nothing related/confirming anything about Soumu kicking out the male trainees. As for the Hyunbin's friends kakao chat, well, I never trust friends' of the trainees words sometimes it can be clout. Yes, they seem to be trustable more than fans/netz. But such things, I don't think Hyunbin tell his friends just so to post this thing. yes his friends felt unfair for him, but is Hyunbin that ignorant about social media after all he is trained in entertainment company who constantly will tell them about social media? So is best the trainees come out & explain but Hyunbin didn't after the kakao chat rumors. Seriously, If I'm him, I told my friends of considering to open IG account to communicate with my fans after leaving Soumu, I will definitely do it after seeing fans questioning Soumu on netz forum. But he didn't, it means something but good or bad I can't tell.

P.S I'm not siding Soumu or BH. Just saying that this is something bound to happen even with/without the acquisition

Last edited:
Top Bottom