❄ Official JEON SOMI (전소미) Thread ❄ First Album! #XOXO is Out!!!

mert

Sensin Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,600
g90Z1kv.png

Se9nMkQ.png

6h9P45h.png

59gAMEm.png
NMU0odO.png

u4X6WnP.png

gJvwU10.png
eBOwi7f.png

Last edited:

Blerina

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭45,630
LoL. Thank you for your heartwarming welcome. :)

Here's my first update. I'm so excited.

She doesn't look nervous anymore. :):) Her stage presence is still not back to 100%, but close. Can't wait for her next performance.

I don't like her outfit tho

BooTown

Hey look! A Custom Title! Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
It's hard to describe how good it is to see Somi on stage again. She did indeed seem nervous at the beginning, I think even on Knowing Brothers a little, but she seems to be getting over it.

aryu

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭210
Is this the OH refugee center lol

Somi looks so much better in that second performance, but she still looks nervous, and her lipsync isn't quite there fully yet.

Also, can we talk about that lackluster choreo? That might be part of the issue. Sometimes she just stands there..

montchery

Bang! Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭29,320
Hi! I just found about this place thanks to Delphine mentioning on oh!

I am so happy Somi finally debuted! I agree I am not happy with the choreo, it doesnt really show off her skills and it looks a bit bland.. I hope TBL and Somi will manage to change and improve it for the next performance. Still, liked the inkigayo performance better. I am happy Somi looked more confident ♡

That outfit tho, it worked for the photoshoot but was to performance worthy imo.

Clair

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭50
Clair here, it will be a VERY long long post so please bear with me or ignore if you don't want to read any essays.

So I really made an account here after I banned myself from OH and not posting in months
When I wanted to post back on OH, there weren't even any mods I could ask to unban my account. I hope Oh gets their act together, the Somi thread had so many updates, don't want to start from scratch again.

I am over the moon for her to finally be able to do what she loves, release music and perfom on stages. Seeing how she was dropped in sixteen to finally be able to stand on a stage all alone, with songs she participated in, makes me really proud.
I was not expecting anything major therefore I'm not really disappointed with the song. IMO Teddy and his songs have been decreasing in quality lately, the man needs to stop with those drops and give songs proper choruses. I don't hate Birthday, and it's definitely not bad as people make it seem to be, but I don't LOVE it either. The MV was great though!! I LOVED IT.

I don't really know how to explain it but I just have this feeling that it doesn't suit Somi. Or maybe I'm too used to the IOI very3x Somi that I can't seem to make a proper judgement. But I do think that she enjoys it and really loves performing it on stage, especially after today's stage, which is really great.

She realy suprised me with taking part into writing composing for outta my head. I prefer that one over Birthday, her voice improved a lot as well.
Another thing, the styling?? Today even her dancers had more fitting outfits, whoever is styling her needs to be fired -the bangs ugh. They also did her realy dirty with the choreo, but okay won't go into too much details.

I am sorry to bring negativity in here but some of the reactions I've seen are disgusting. Those nate hags and NB posting article after article and bullying a girl who just turned 18. And do not let me talk about those ugly obsessed jyp stans, especially onces and itzy stans. Just awful, they are everywhere, under her music video, her stage performances, on her ig, and on twitter bashing her on a daily basis.

I hope she doesn't read those comments and isn't too disappointed with the drop in charts. This is just the beginning and we all know how talented she is, she just need the right song and choreo (hopefully in her next comeback) to show that to people. Honestly even with the lackluster choreo of Birthday you still can seee how powerful her moves are and how good of a dancer she is. She was much more comfortable today and did a very good job.

I personally still need to get used to solo Somi and the song, but I'm sure both will grow on me.

On a positive note girly got a reality show and I'm living for that, really missed her dorky moments and it's also great to see that she has other shows coming.

A Sommungchi

Sommungchi Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭200
HELLO! HELLO DELPHINE HELLO MONTCHERY HELLO CLAIR HELLO BLERINA HELLO ALL FUTURE SOMMUNGCHIS FROM OH!! God I think OH is officially dead :( They killed it :( *HELLO REFUGEES..?- ROFL

Birthday is growing on me, it's quite the banger and a nice feel-good-about-yourself song especially when you play it during a really good mood (duh xd), the song's like x1000 better. I got used to the 'weird' beat drop after playing it a couple of times. I think it's not as bad as some people say it is. Personally, imo, the "oops you're not invited" really saved it from being too weird, and then you have the bridge, which is SO GOOD.
All in all, I'm satisfied with her debut, and I gotta emphasize DEBUT, her solo DEBUT, because a lot of people seem to be disappointed too quickly. It's not everyone's cup of tea I understand, people have different music tastes (except for the people who just blatantly insults her.. like chill people, it's just music.. hello..) I'm glad that she's receiving a lot of positivity though. Even though I rarely listen to songs with such beat drops, but I can see why people enjoy it. I certainly enjoy it myself now tbh. Somi's only getting started, she literally just turned 18, and I'm looking forward to what she brings next. Gurl said in her showcase interview that she basically idolizes Lee Hyori and wants to be as versatile as her regarding concepts (and with different concepts, that means different music genres) so I wouldn't be too worried about her sticking to Teddy's experimental beat drops. Outta my head be underrated af thoughhhhh, haha.

As for her live performances, oh god am I the only one who feels the PRESSURE for her?? Shit, I've never seen her like this before -bbbut then I get reminded that I can't even achieve a quarter of the confidence that she's apparently lacking so HAHA. Everyone of us here knows how powerful Somi's stage presence actually is sooooo, write down this moment people, it's the only time you get to see her as a human being xdddd For real though- she still performed well despite having nerves. She improved the next performance! and no doubt will continue improving, getting back her usual confidence. I personally think it's probably because of a mixture of her (most prob) reading the negative comments :( , the sheer amount of pressure the public (and Sommungchis ourselves) have put on her solo debut, and also definitely her own expectations that she sets for herself. After all, again, she just turned 18. Does she deserve to be criticized, as an artist? Sure, every artist should know and accept criticism in order to improve themselves. But does she deserve hate that is masquerading as 'harsh criticism'? HELL to the NO. Those Nate comments are an example of that. Who do those people think they are? The amount of entitlement these people have, jeez. While we're on the topic of shitty people, it's so stupid how they fail to realise some things are not Somi's fault like her not performing at her debut showcase. They blew the whole shit up, made a big deal out of it, when I recall Blackpink not performing at theirs as well?? Were there any complaints and flood of articles when that happened? Genuinely curious. It's hilarious that those who complain about it didn't even bother to act like they were actually excited and expecting to see her perform. It's very clear to me, based on those comments, that they were just obviously complaining for the sake of complaining. And if there were real genuine complaints anyway, they should have at least SOME common sense that Somi isn't the one responsible for it. Like, do they really think Somi choreographes her moves? Manages her own solo debut? Decides whether to pull off that kind of last minute stunt? HAHA I thought these netizens are always saying things like "YG controls this that" but then when something like THIS happens, it's the ARTIST's fault and not the management? LOL. Actually, I'm also sure that those are just trolls now that I think about it. Sorry for the rant but I've been wanting to say these things for awhile now because OH's been dead like, forever xD

I'm gonna repost the gifs I made here as an attempt to cleanse all the negativity I wrote :sejeongcry: :yoosmile:

1jp6RqF.gif
wpdswCL.gif
A6vk271.gif
Uxhuspx.gif

DMZvcNL.gif
ubnBUlm.gif
Co9nS3d.gif
b3NofJX.gif

EuWapkM.gif
QmzsRVN.gif
6mOIR25.gif
6mOIR25.gif

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,350
@aryu @Didi_Catherine @montchery @Clair @A Sommungchi It feels so good to see you all back guys. I really enjoy our little fandom community and was sad not to be able to share as much as could have been these past days/weeks because of OH flopping the hardcore way. Welcome back home!

@Clair Especially, I'm glad you managed to find your way back, I noticed your self-ban back when it happened and was wondering about it, but I'm glad you're back now. And yeah OH mods are... overwhelmed to say the least, the forum is barely working anymore, and the person who could help the most with this is barely reachable. It's a mess.

I personally haven't gone out of my way to see what kind of shit people on NB were saying, so I remained pretty unscathed about whatever harsh and undeserved criticism Somi received. I'm not surprised she did, but overall it looked like the general public was receiving her well anyway?
Either way, I feel like most of the animosity also is deeply intertwined with the YGE scandal, sadly. She really couldn't have debuted at a worst time, it's frustrating really.

I also have beef with some parts of her choreo, although the changes she did today were welcome, but not quite there yet. And her outfits thus far have been the worst she displayed in the M/V so that was also a let-down. Overall I don't even think of voicing those grievances much anyway because I'm just so happy she's back and performing, and I'm still in the bliss of her being finally out of the fucking dungeon. But there's still a lot to criticize, and legitimately so, I can only hope for better things overall for her comeback.

Blerina

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭45,630
HELLO! HELLO DELPHINE HELLO MONTCHERY HELLO CLAIR HELLO BLERINA HELLO ALL FUTURE SOMMUNGCHIS FROM OH!! God I think OH is officially dead :( They killed it :( *HELLO REFUGEES..?- ROFL

Birthday is growing on me, it's quite the banger and a nice feel-good-about-yourself song especially when you play it during a really good mood (duh xd), the song's like x1000 better. I got used to the 'weird' beat drop after playing it a couple of times. I think it's not as bad as some people say it is. Personally, imo, the "oops you're not invited" really saved it from being too weird, and then you have the bridge, which is SO GOOD.
All in all, I'm satisfied with her debut, and I gotta emphasize DEBUT, her solo DEBUT, because a lot of people seem to be disappointed too quickly. It's not everyone's cup of tea I understand, people have different music tastes (except for the people who just blatantly insults her.. like chill people, it's just music.. hello..) I'm glad that she's receiving a lot of positivity though. Even though I rarely listen to songs with such beat drops, but I can see why people enjoy it. I certainly enjoy it myself now tbh. Somi's only getting started, she literally just turned 18, and I'm looking forward to what she brings next. Gurl said in her showcase interview that she basically idolizes Lee Hyori and wants to be as versatile as her regarding concepts (and with different concepts, that means different music genres) so I wouldn't be too worried about her sticking to Teddy's experimental beat drops. Outta my head be underrated af thoughhhhh, haha.

As for her live performances, oh god am I the only one who feels the PRESSURE for her?? Shit, I've never seen her like this before -bbbut then I get reminded that I can't even achieve a quarter of the confidence that she's apparently lacking so HAHA. Everyone of us here knows how powerful Somi's stage presence actually is sooooo, write down this moment people, it's the only time you get to see her as a human being xdddd For real though- she still performed well despite having nerves. She improved the next performance! and no doubt will continue improving, getting back her usual confidence. I personally think it's probably because of a mixture of her (most prob) reading the negative comments :( , the sheer amount of pressure the public (and Sommungchis ourselves) have put on her solo debut, and also definitely her own expectations that she sets for herself. After all, again, she just turned 18. Does she deserve to be criticized, as an artist? Sure, every artist should know and accept criticism in order to improve themselves. But does she deserve hate that is masquerading as 'harsh criticism'? HELL to the NO. Those Nate comments are an example of that. Who do those people think they are? The amount of entitlement these people have, jeez. While we're on the topic of shitty people, it's so stupid how they fail to realise some things are not Somi's fault like her not performing at her debut showcase. They blew the whole shit up, made a big deal out of it, when I recall Blackpink not performing at theirs as well?? Were there any complaints and flood of articles when that happened? Genuinely curious. It's hilarious that those who complain about it didn't even bother to act like they were actually excited and expecting to see her perform. It's very clear to me, based on those comments, that they were just obviously complaining for the sake of complaining. And if there were real genuine complaints anyway, they should have at least SOME common sense that Somi isn't the one responsible for it. Like, do they really think Somi choreographes her moves? Manages her own solo debut? Decides whether to pull off that kind of last minute stunt? HAHA I thought these netizens are always saying things like "YG controls this that" but then when something like THIS happens, it's the ARTIST's fault and not the management? LOL. Actually, I'm also sure that those are just trolls now that I think about it. Sorry for the rant but I've been wanting to say these things for awhile now because OH's been dead like, forever xD

I remember watching Blackpinks debut Showcace, but I actually forgot that they did not perform for the the journalists. Many thought back then that SBS Inkigayo must have had exclusive rights to Blackpink's first stage performance. Everyone knows that YGE has a good relationship with SBS Inkigayo. Therefore one can assume that they made the same deal for Somi. However, the whole thing blew up, forcing Somi to perform on Saturday even though she said she would not perform until Sunday at Inkigayo. Almost only, so that the netizens calm down again and the situation does not get worse

Clair

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭50
@aryu @Didi_Catherine @montchery @Clair @A Sommungchi It feels so good to see you all back guys. I really enjoy our little fandom community and was sad not to be able to share as much as could have been these past days/weeks because of OH flopping the hardcore way. Welcome back home!

@Clair Especially, I'm glad you managed to find your way back, I noticed your self-ban back when it happened and was wondering about it, but I'm glad you're back now. And yeah OH mods are... overwhelmed to say the least, the forum is barely working anymore, and the person who could help the most with this is barely reachable. It's a mess.

I personally haven't gone out of my way to see what kind of shit people on NB were saying, so I remained pretty unscathed about whatever harsh and undeserved criticism Somi received. I'm not surprised she did, but overall it looked like the general public was receiving her well anyway?
Either way, I feel like most of the animosity also is deeply intertwined with the YGE scandal, sadly. She really couldn't have debuted at a worst time, it's frustrating really.

I also have beef with some parts of her choreo, although the changes she did today were welcome, but not quite there yet. And her outfits thus far have been the worst she displayed in the M/V so that was also a let-down. Overall I don't even think of voicing those grievances much anyway because I'm just so happy she's back and performing, and I'm still in the bliss of her being finally out of the fucking dungeon. But there's still a lot to criticize, and legitimately so, I can only hope for better things overall for her comeback.

As much as I enjoy posting on my favorite threads on OH, that place is toxic as heck and adding that the news of Somi’s comeback was getting delayed. I was disappointed that I couldn’t bring myself to feel the same excitement as I felt before for her debut. Plus just being busy with life in general. But all is well now, a break truly does wonders sometimes.

The best decision you’ve ever made, I only read that first article about the showcase and needn’t to read the rest on NB. Yeah YGE’s situation is a mess as well, the reason why I wasn’t happy when I heard she signed with TBL. Having to support bp in that company is tiring enough. Whenever a yg artist is having a comeback, another scandal breaks out. A very unfortunate timing for Somi, but as she said we shouldn’t be swayed by that and should only focus on her. At least TBL has a somewhat different management (or at least I hope) than yge artists.

Yeps, it’s very expected from an irrelevant forum as nate, it’s basically the bashing thread we used to have on OH. The general public seems to be indeed more accepting, even if they don’t like certain things, they rephrase is in a respectful manner. On Naver for her first performance on music core, they said that she did well but that the choreo needed some adjusting and that she was a bit nervous and needs to work on her expressions, something known as constructive criticism which nate hags don’t know a thing about. Today’s performance on Naver from inkigayo has a lot of positive reactions as well, thousands of upvotes talking about how she was less nervous and how much she improved already. So hopefully it will only get better from here now on.

I know I know, I could talk on for hours about the things that I don’t like but as you said for now we should be grateful that she made that debut. It’s just the start. She is doing what she loves and we will enjoy her being on stage again and going on shows, basically seeing her face on tv like we have always wanted to and waited for.

---------------------------------------

I’ll be more active in about week or so as I’m kind of busy at the moment, but I’m glad I’m back as well and seeing that most of you are still here, is amazing!

Until OH rises from the death, let's hang in here
bK7LRf2.gif

Clair

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭50
I remember watching Blackpinks debut Showcace, but I actually forgot that they did not perform for the the journalists. Many thought back then that SBS Inkigayo must have had exclusive rights to Blackpink's first stage performance. Everyone knows that YGE has a good relationship with SBS Inkigayo. Therefore one can assume that they made the same deal for Somi. However, the whole thing blew up, forcing Somi to perform on Saturday even though she said she would not perform until Sunday at Inkigayo. Almost only, so that the netizens calm down again and the situation does not get worse

True, actaully not only for the debut showcase, they never perform for journalists. For their last comeback they had a vlive in which they talked about the song and goofed around. They usually hold press conferences (not filmed though) and answer questions but nothing more. Their first stage tends to be inkigayo because they give them much better sets, unlike other bland stages as we've seen from music core with Somi.

So I was appalled to see those reactions about Somi not perfoming. Makes me believe that they only neeed reasons to hate hate the girl.

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,350
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the majority of those haters are just bandwagoning because she's from a YGE sublabel, and they just wanna hate on all things YGE. Or maybe they dislike Somi but usually keep quiet about it, but use the YGE scandal to be more vocal than usual?

Either way, I can't help but feel she's suffering amidst all of that mess, despite being in a sublabel, and despite having absolutely nothing at all to do with it. In a sense I'm glad she's in TBL and not YGE itself, cause I don't know how much worse that would be if that "TBL shield" wasn't there no more.
On that subject, I liked how she corrected a news reporter when they asked her about moving to YGE, to which she replied "TheBlackLabel". Keep them separate girl, now more than ever.

Top Bottom