【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
Also Twice failed to make the BB200 this time around and it's, imho, unlikely they will make it next week.

Due to our Tuesday release we only about 3.5 days of selling and none of the physicals were released for the US yet....to make things even more infuriating with that clown school company the albums are only out next week on Amazon.com and not until December for Target and the TwiceUSA has been delayed for 5 weeks.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
The way I views this situation is that JYP is really not checking the market, what other doing and etc. at all. He still haven't realise that kpop fans are chasing records, therefore he can sell the same amount of total sales with less releases. BigHit, SM, Pledis and YG totally realised it and are banking on it. Meanwhile JYP still has the mentality that the only way to sell more is to release more.

This guy is totally hopeless, countless times we've talked about it. Can we just skip this topic, cause every time I am just getting angry. This guy is such a motherfucker who literally gives no fucks about bigger goals.

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
The way I views this situation is that JYP is really not checking the market, what other doing and etc. at all. He still haven't realise that kpop fans are chasing records, therefore he can sell the same amount of total sales with less releases. BigHit, SM, Pledis and YG totally realised it and are banking on it. Meanwhile JYP still has the mentality that the only way to sell more is to release more.

This guy is totally hopeless, countless times we've talked about it. Can we just skip this topic, cause every time I am just getting angry. This guy is such a motherfucker who literally gives no fucks about bigger goals.
Seeing the album debut in the US Spotify top 10 and with the sales on itunes is absolutely unforgivable for the donkey to have to albums delayed by 6 weeks in the US.
The fact that we didn't even debut in the top 200 due to sheer incompetence is so deflating. Everything we try to do the company meets us with resistance created by pure stupidity or greed to save a few pennies.
Getting a high debut would have been a huge pick me up to this comeback and if they had released on Friday with the physical instead of Monday we almost certainly would have had a relatively high position on the BB200 and potentially debuted inside the top 100....yet once again we find outselves sitting here with the coulda, woulda, shoulda bullshit time after time.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
The gap to Eight, HYLT and Maria is so close on Melon, surprised it still hasn't taken them yet.

Unless the UL's have slowed down a lot for the song/they're decreasing they should take them soon.

oEY37tu.png

Feel like promoting this song right is pretty important for Twice to get them back in peoples minds but I don't see any schedules other than a Japanese comeback. Can't envisage a b-side on a KDA album helping it.

After that you're just hoping on a year-end show or something which I can't see being anything great for Twice.

With some good promotions top 10 was easily doable. MMM's title release today and Bol4 this week will make it harder though.

Last edited:

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Hmm have to say the inability/time it's taking to get past Eight even though at the reset there was only a 2k gap is a bit ominous.

Not sure how it hasn't closed that gap yet. MMM's pre-release has jumped up to 11th in that time

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
They need to step up promotions lol but aside from music shows, I think the only appearances left for the girls are part 2 of Rain's yt show and that idol quiz thing with the foreign line (sans Mina). They either promote this like hell or pray that something will make this song viral otherwise we don't have a chance of charting higher and will have to settle with our current results and pray for longevity. There's also the LoL unit song but I'm not sure how beneficial that will for us.

There was announcement yesterday that there more global projects/collabs but I'm not banking that much on those.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Seeing the album debut in the US Spotify top 10 and with the sales on itunes is absolutely unforgivable for the donkey to have to albums delayed by 6 weeks in the US.
The fact that we didn't even debut in the top 200 due to sheer incompetence is so deflating. Everything we try to do the company meets us with resistance created by pure stupidity or greed to save a few pennies.
Getting a high debut would have been a huge pick me up to this comeback and if they had released on Friday with the physical instead of Monday we almost certainly would have had a relatively high position on the BB200 and potentially debuted inside the top 100....yet once again we find outselves sitting here with the coulda, woulda, shoulda bullshit time after time.
The self-sabotage from the company sucks. I honestly don't think they know what to do with Twice at this point.

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
The self-sabotage from the company sucks. I honestly don't think they know what to do with Twice at this point.
My question is do they not know what to do or do they not care? I mean the core markets for Twice are Japan and Korea, one in which we barely get promo and the other where we get 0 promo. So how can they no know that if a song isn't pushed the public will never get to hear it and the less people hearing it the less fans we have a chance of converting.

As for global projects, let me laugh at that for a minute. He loves talking to the media and patting himself on the back to make himself look like a big global player in Korea.
Tell you what Jin-Young next time the media asks about your 'global' groups tell them 'Hey my main and only relevant group outside of Asia, Twice, had a chance at a high position on the BB200 but I fucked it up by not actually having albums available for nearly 2 months in a cheapskate money saving effort'
Than we can see how much of a big 'global' player you look like, rather than a laughing stock.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Have to say I'm pretty baffled how Twice didn't top the Gaon weekly for album sales, but SuperM somehow did.

Surely sales can't be that low. Hanteo's already 250k+ and I was expecting Gaon to at least be 400k by now, didn't think SuperM sold anywhere near that

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
My question is do they not know what to do or do they not care? I mean the core markets for Twice are Japan and Korea, one in which we barely get promo and the other where we get 0 promo. So how can they no know that if a song isn't pushed the public will never get to hear it and the less people hearing it the less fans we have a chance of converting.

As for global projects, let me laugh at that for a minute. He loves talking to the media and patting himself on the back to make himself look like a big global player in Korea.
Tell you what Jin-Young next time the media asks about your 'global' groups tell them 'Hey my main and only relevant group outside of Asia, Twice, had a chance at a high position on the BB200 but I fucked it up by not actually having albums available for nearly 2 months in a cheapskate money saving effort'
Than we can see how much of a big 'global' player you look like, rather than a laughing stock.
Park Jin Young has been obsessed with cracking the American market but wastes the biggest chances he's got (Twice and Got7). I am of the belief that he wants to do it himself lol

All things aside, I am quite optimistic that ICSM era will at least have positive impacts on the next Kr comeback. The song is rising in the charts so that's something good.

Last edited:

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Have to say I'm pretty baffled how Twice didn't top the Gaon weekly for album sales, but SuperM somehow did.

Surely sales can't be that low. Hanteo's already 250k+ and I was expecting Gaon to at least be 400k by now, didn't think SuperM sold anywhere near that

Kinda weird but let's wait for the Gaon update to see actual numbers. My prediction for this is around 450k, anything above that is already a miracle.

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000

It won't be, SuperM's sale are not near as high as Twice or TxT. It's a shipment thing and how it was counted, remember how the same thing happened in June with Stray Kids topping Gaon weekly over Izone in spite of IZ having more than double the Hanteo sales. It's just a counting thing I think.
Park Jin Young has been obsessed with cracking the American market but wastes the biggest chances he's got (Twice and Got7). I am of the belief that he wants to do it himself lol

All things aside, I am quite optimistic that ICSM era will at least have positive impacts on the next Kr comeback. The song is rising in the charts so that's something good.
Yeah agree and unlike M&M it's leaving a positive impact on the fans too. We're doing better by a lot in other metrics this time and Once actually seem to love the song unlike last time wen most fans were pretty split.
The good thing is on day 2 when it hit 33 I think most people were feeling like it was gonna drop out, but more than a week later and we're hitting new peaks with barely any real promo.
Also looking at the charts statistics that we can see something is going on in Korea. Melon users seem to be at an all time low. Not 1 single song in the chart yesterday or the day before finished with more than 500k UL's. It's a weird time for charting.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
It won't be, SuperM's sale are not near as high as Twice or TxT. It's a shipment thing and how it was counted, remember how the same thing happened in June with Stray Kids topping Gaon weekly over Izone in spite of IZ having more than double the Hanteo sales. It's just a counting thing I think.

Yeah agree and unlike M&M it's leaving a positive impact on the fans too. We're doing better by a lot in other metrics this time and Once actually seem to love the song unlike last time wen most fans were pretty split.
The good thing is on day 2 when it hit 33 I think most people were feeling like it was gonna drop out, but more than a week later and we're hitting new peaks with barely any real promo.
Also looking at the charts statistics that we can see something is going on in Korea. Melon users seem to be at an all time low. Not 1 single song in the chart yesterday or the day before finished with more than 500k UL's. It's a weird time for charting.
M&M was polarizing for Once lol but and judging by the views of ICSM compared to M&M, it didn't really gain us that much of new fans. Hopefully we can crack the top 10 for ICSM. It's really a song that deserves to chart high. Imagine if it had the anticipation that M&M had, it probably would've done better but at least with this rise in charts, we can safely assume that people are liking the song.

Maybe people are opting to use other streaming sites(?) From what I know, Melon really isn't as big as it used to be. We're gonna have to survive the onslaught of upcoming comebacks altho to be perfectly honest we only really have to watch out for a few artists.

Do you reckon they'll be attending MAMA tho? I'm very realistic about awards season this year so I don't think we should expect much.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
It seems like this K/DA song is a b-side with no MV, am I correct?
Release is tomorrow, no teasers so far.

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
It seems like this K/DA song is a b-side with no MV, am I correct?
Release is tomorrow, no teasers so far.
Yeah sort of, the KDA song is an album track but it's getting some kind of video too, I think on November 27 or 28. It might be animated or a lyric video though I think.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
JYPE is handling Chae dating news best way possible imo, props to them
TWICE is aiming for all-time girl group dating record lmao, what is it, 4th case within the group? That's when you start to think maybe aiming for international fans is actually smart move. If only JYPE did it properly.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
JYPE definitely improved when it comes to producing Japanese MVs for TWICE. Better, Fanfare, Fake & True are miles better than happy happy/breakthrough/candypop/wake me up etc.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Not sure what I was expecting from KDA but I was expecting something more than what has happened so far?

People talked about it for a few hours and then it disappeared? Is anything going to happen in the future with it to make it a bigger deal or is this the extent of the impact it'll have?

Top Bottom