【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
dont worry all, if brave girls can have another peak so is Twice. our time to out from cave will be there, just hope jype didnt fucked up. they only need to choose the right song with decent promotion.

btw skz and itzy are seems losing momentum, idk why they didnt comeback them Q1? and HJ controversies are fucking lame tbh, its kingdom so i dont think anyone safe from bad rumors. anyway skz are having the most biggest i-fanbase among all of them and not even close so they are still fine.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
I think JYPE is taking their time with SKZ, they know it's gonna be really hard to break ground in Korea for the group at this stage, but right now they are irrelevant domestically so JYP knows with investment and a bit of luck they can gain some local popularity and probably push up their sales by 50-100 thousand more..

Itzy on the other hand? No idea why JYPE isn't really doing anything with the group for a while now and yeah I agree it's costing them momentum. JYPE puts a lot of cash into their stuff and promo but the trouble is they seem to barely release anything at all...like 2 songs since 2020 started? Am I right about that? Only 2...? Maybe it is a cash thing for the company, perhaps covid has put them in a much tighter position than we think.

Wow, good to finally have some proof exposing these rats. Trash bag group, trash bag fans...not surprised. Their involvement in the constant rumor mongering, hate comments and BS Twice went through being exposed is good to see but at the same time sad to hear such pathetic low forms of life exist and can have an impact. I know the 'minors' involved are kinda-sorta victims too but a lot of what has been written for a while on certain boards has been harmful and truly vile and no your own self preservation isn't an excuse to do awful things to innocent people so to hear they were miserable too it's a petty pleasure to me. Fuck em.

Honestly, just for the chaos of it all I hope the rotten Wizcel running thins doxes them anyway...it would at the very least be kinda funny.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
dont worry all, if brave girls can have another peak so is Twice. our time to out from cave will be there, just hope jype didnt fucked up. they only need to choose the right song with decent promotion.

btw skz and itzy are seems losing momentum, idk why they didnt comeback them Q1? and HJ controversies are fucking lame tbh, its kingdom so i dont think anyone safe from bad rumors. anyway skz are having the most biggest i-fanbase among all of them and not even close so they are still fine.

"they only need to choose the right song with decent promotion." - Yeah, but not Rollin' kind of song please. No wonder it flopped on release lol.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
I remember seeing Itzy on IU's channel recently so they're still doing things, one of their members is also the Choom monthly artist. Though they also seem more geared towards fandom content more than anything currently.

It seems more measured with them though, sort of in-between a Twice/BP approach trying to get the best of both worlds.

With regards to Twice enjoying a second peak it's hard to say for me as much as I want it (Brave Girls are a massive anomaly and never had a 1st peak anyhow), anything is obviously possible but I just don't think JYPE care for it (/are built for it) so it'll have to be through some luck or something going viral (feels odd being back to those days). We're in a world where Rose's b-side will probably get higher on the charts than a Twice title track and I only compare to them a lot because being the top GG in SK should be their barometer.

Multiple Twice members were bigger than all other 3rd gen GG members at one point and looking at it away from the musical side of things (I want subs/solos/acting regardless of performance just for some variety), how do people think they would do now? Striking when the iron is hot is how YG have approached things. Jennie debut a few months after D4 blew up and she personally blew up on Running Man, also becoming a fixture on another show. Last year was BP's biggest year which launched them into Jisoo's acting and Rose's solo. It's also not just YG but very much the normal way - other members from big groups like Hwasa, Yoona, Nana, Irene etc.

All the biggest 2nd gen stars that are still pretty relevant now got pushed when their groups blew up and did individual activities (Taeyeon, Yoona, Suzy, Nana, Seolhyun, Nauen, Eunji etc), Twice are really a big anomaly in that sense as they stopped only after a few months and JYPE never looked back.

A part of me feels JYPE don't think it's worth it currently as it's hard to argue we're not past that point, so they'll try and get Twice as far as they can in the West to pave the way for some future success there as they are still their most recognisable group at the moment worldwide. Thinking about it with a JYPE business hat on and how they like to do things, until renewal news is over I don't think we'll get much.

If Covid didn't happen feel like Twice would have spent most of the year touring rather than these melody projects. Covid has made them do more melody projects but there's not anything more to them, they're just covers.

Last edited:

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Just realized skz have more mvs than tw, over 40 mvs in 2.5 years of career with barely 1B total views, while tw has 31 mvs with 6B views. I wonder how much money sme and jype inverted and lost during the process to make nct and skz minimum profitable, and it seems yge is doing the same with tr. I think those companies are willing to reach those extent with their new bgs but not with any of their gg in a hope to make them nearly as big as bts and they think in the long run a successful bg can surpass the profits generated by a gg. Imagine if tw got the amount of content and mv production quality of skz with tw promotions from 2016-2017 and the solo promotions of other big 3 ggs.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
The company has found a new minimal effort milking tool - photobooks.

Can already see the crowd championing JYPE getting louder about how they're giving them solo activities through photobooks, covers and MV appearances.

Currently two pre-orders open right now (Japan single and the photobook), wonder if they're looking to fit anymore in.

Last edited:

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
The company has found a new minimal effort milking tool - photobooks.

Can already see the crowd championing JYPE getting louder about how they're giving them solo activities through photobooks, covers and MV appearances.

Currently two pre-orders open right now (Japan single and the photobook), wonder if they're looking to fit anymore in.
On average so far these books have 2 version each and on Ktown cost around 35 dollars a piece...so that's nearly 650USD in photobooks alone by the time this series of Yes, I Am is over. They also intend to have other photobooks in between too such as the World In a Day one we already got, surely we can also expect the same for Twice In Wonderland too I'm sure.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
On average so far these books have 2 version each and on Ktown cost around 35 dollars a piece...so that's nearly 650USD in photobooks alone by the time this series of Yes, I Am is over. They also intend to have other photobooks in between too such as the World In a Day one we already got, surely we can also expect the same for Twice In Wonderland too I'm sure.

It won't happen with Covid/Got7 leaving but I just wish once in their career post-debut they were promoted without the wneed of funding the company. Pretty much everything they do is on the basis of getting high margins which is why the quality/effort/time spent can be below par whilst the volume is incredibly above it.

Twice will promote a full album for only two weeks to make space for a Japanese single not a month later. They are now routinely having issues with content (usually their MV's, one of the few things that actually promotes them outside the fandom these days) due to negligence that gets the group dragged. Their promotion is spread so thin to try and open doors/make money for the companies other ventures, with no regard to how it's butchering them in their main markets. They will routinely have multiple pre-orders open at the same time. Elessar posting about Stray Kids already having more MV's than Twice is mad, but JYPE lets them make one for anything and everything, as a group or in subs/solos. They have let them showcase themselves a 100x more than they ever did Twice in 6 years without getting limited due to their position in the company. Twice may be the biggest definition of a cash cow in kpop.

Even these photobooks that so far have clearly been done in an order to get the ones most profitable out first in a timeline that doesn't have a pattern other than to get them money when they need it with minimal effort, as you never know what will happen a year from now.

Last edited:

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Itzy got the bad luck to have jype producing half of their title tracks since rookies. Getting one of the biggest and most successful debuts with dalla dalla? Nah, jyp will produce Icy next a song with a bad reception from kpop stans... ok now another producer give them Wannabe a hit between kpop stans that performed well in youtube and spotify and did decently in kcharts? Nah, jyp will produce Not Shy that will underperfom un everything Wannabe succeed.

Atp it's like a circle curse for those girls, I always said TWICE got lucky jyp didn't produced for them until their 5th comeback, imagine if instead of a Cheer Up they released a Signal for their first comeback? I swear that man is the root of everything wrong with the company.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Itzy got the bad luck to have jype producing half of their title tracks since rookies. Getting one of the biggest and most successful debuts with dalla dalla? Nah, jyp will produce Icy next a song with a bad reception from kpop stans... ok now another producer give them Wannabe a hit between kpop stans that performed well in youtube and spotify and did decently in kcharts? Nah, jyp will produce Not Shy that will underperfom un everything Wannabe succeed.

Atp it's like a circle curse for those girls, I always said TWICE got lucky jyp didn't produced for them until their 5th comeback, imagine if instead of a Cheer Up they released a Signal for their first comeback? I swear that man is the root of everything wrong with the company.

If we do have consensus that he's the man in charge of creative process in JYPE, as well as decision maker overall, we have to admit that J.Y. Park is also the root of everything good with JYPE lol.

Anyway, as a TWICE stan I would like to see hit material releases going towards TWICE discography, ITZY could take other good songs.

Not shy kinda grew on me, especially bridge, which is amazing

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
The BEP interview last year was interesting - the company holding an emergency meeting after Signal's performance and reaching back out to BEP says a lot for me. Twice had essentially gone from CU and TT (both huge hits) to Knock Knock (not as big but very big in its own right, top 15 on the year end charts) and JYPE definitely saw an opportunity for an easy number one which he got with Signal purely off Twice's name alone (he was desperate for that 50 no.1's title for a while). But its subsequent performance was incredibly average and impacted Likey's initial performance (between CU and YoY it was the only song of theirs not to go to no.1 on Melon daily but it outlasted Signal), especially for a Twice coming off LoA, CU, TT and KK. Signal is still Twice's only title from their first 10 releases to not hit 2.5 downloads (YoY got it last month).

I think it's incredibly obvious that JYP campaigned for Signal over Knock Knock for SotY as well as there's 100% no other reason it should have got it, which honestly bought so much unnecessary hate to the group just to satiate JYP's ego and get him another notch on his belt.

He'll jump in and take credit when it's easy and it's a common complaint amongst a lot of fans of JYP groups about his adverse impact due to his ego and need to get involved even when things are already going well.

BEP songs broke Twice out in SK (CU), Japan (TT) and the west (Fancy) whilst JYP jumps in between releases trying to screw them as much as possible.

Em-Z5xBVEAEKhUL

Also a bit of a tangent but was looking for the translated quotes above and came across the below. Funny how it was obvious then and now 3 years later nothing has really changed, whilst you have newer fans thinking it's a recent issue and the older fans complaining are mainly doing so due to the falling success (i.e. labelling that side success stans).

Last edited:

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
20 weeks+ on Melon used to barely be a once in a year thing, I think we've had 6/7 songs from last year (+ more on their way) with 20+ already. Dynamite will probably end up with 40 weeks plus, the inflation since the chart change is pretty crazy.

Bit of a tangent but I feel I've seen a clear shift of the Twice online fandom on places like AKP/Reddit and whatnot in the last 6-12 months, which is why the narrative these last few months with BP/Twice/GG's in general has been so one-sided and no-one really cares to argue them. The online fandom is now just littered with multis (a lot of multis that like BP along with Twice) which is obviously fine but they'll also happily put one down for the other whenever convenient. That's also usually Twice as they tend to be the token secondary group international fans have picked up along with concept stans that'll only care when they put out specific music. It is the new normal and Twice tend to get the bad end of the stick which is why you have some ridiculous narratives based on just the last 12 months. The amount of these fans are only increasing for Twice whilst the older fans get tired of the company so it'll
only get worse and to a point where the narratives are completely controlled by one fandom
Somehow validation is more important for people than supporting their faves. Those nutjob Onces on AKP are telling me stuff like "people don't like you", kinda implying that they care about being liked. Loser mentality. I gave up on most of those moron, our squad left AKP long time ago, when we realised we just can't compete with mods and their unfair treatment. Then the second punch on the throat was during JYP protests and usual dickheads again sabotaged our efforts. Too bad old AKP is gone with all the receipts.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Can't believe the protest died down after last comeback as if problems got fixed. The whole "we gotta support comeback" thing is so stupid. That's literally all JYP needs, you supporting comeback.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Can't believe the protest died down after last comeback as if problems got fixed. The whole "we gotta support comeback" thing is so stupid. That's literally all JYP needs, you supporting comeback.

Seems like changing production studio behind TWICE MVs was enough for most fans. The fact that not many things NAIVE was critisized for were fixed doesn't bother anyone. Thats how you do quality rebranding lol.

HBFZ97i.jpg
M7cxYJL.jpg

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
I think it's incredibly obvious that JYP campaigned for Signal over Knock Knock for SotY as well as there's 100% no other reason it should have got it, which honestly bought so much unnecessary hate to the group just to satiate JYP's ego and get him another notch on his belt.

Yeah, that was a hilariously obvious narcissistic move that led to really unnecessary criticism towards TWICE.

JYP should have spent this energy into forcing MAMA folks to award TWICE with ArOTY award since 2017 was such a massive year for them as a gg.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Not only that but also in 2018 it's pretty obvious he pushed for What is Love? To win SOTY too even though DTNA massively out performed it and Twice also got a lot of hate for that even though it was a worthy contender and had top 3-5 performance of all idol songs that year but got snubbed for another JYP song that probably didn't even have top 10 for all idol songs in 2018.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but DTNA, a seasonal song, charted on Melon top 100 for more weeks than What is Love? and Signal combined.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Not only that but also in 2018 it's pretty obvious he pushed for What is Love? To win SOTY too even though DTNA massively out performed it and Twice also got a lot of hate for that even though it was a worthy contender and had top 3-5 performance of all idol songs that year but got snubbed for another JYP song that probably didn't even have top 10 for all idol songs in 2018.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but DTNA, a seasonal song, charted on Melon top 100 for more weeks than What is Love? and Signal combined.

DTNA came out 3 months after WiL and was higher on every year end chart.

WiL is one of the only songs JYP has ever got right for Twice (probably one of the greatest cute concept song ever made), but yeah, it was also clearly another example of campaigning for his own songs as DTNA had better numbers even by the end of the year despite WiL having a 3 months headstart, yet alone after.

There's clearly a pattern there, as we also see with promotions whenever his songs are involved (even when they cover songs he's involved in i.e. Switch to Me) - it's so blatant and ridiculous to me.

DTNA quietly became Twice's 3rd biggest hit in SK.

In SK I'd go:

CU
TT
DTNA
YoY/LoA
Knock Knock
Fancy/WiL
Heartshaker/Likey
Signal
M&M/FS/ICSM (hard to separate currently)

Also Nayeon doing LV stuff and fans getting hyper takes me back to last year. One of those that would be great if it led to something further but past history makes me doubt it too much, especially with JYPE's track record and the fact that the April version is having a ton of idols in it and I assume they'll all wear different designer brands.

Last edited:

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
If we do have consensus that he's the man in charge of creative process in JYPE, as well as decision maker overall, we have to admit that J.Y. Park is also the root of everything good with JYPE lol.

Anyway, as a TWICE stan I would like to see hit material releases going towards TWICE discography, ITZY could take other good songs.

Not shy kinda grew on me, especially bridge, which is amazing
I disagree, he isn't involved directly in everything even when he has to give green light to most creative decisions so yeah no, when things go well I just assume he wasn't involved, but when you see him involved in the production of a comeback that's when you have to expect for the worst, just like with More & More, he made the lyrics that were so dull and then he was the one who selected a Zara Larsson reject for the musical production.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
I really wish to think that JYP being rather relatively quiet lately means they are taking next comeback more seriously. But again, it is JYP, so won't be surprised if he is just busy with his cult.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

Nayeon single photo from her photoshoot for W Korea got a lot of good feedback too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom