【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Wow, it would be lit if Twice had a member who left due to controversy and another member embroiled in a massive bullying scandal....I wonder would they start to be given collabs by the company and actual effort into non MV videos instead of them just dancing in their shared training room.

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
"Reverse growth" lmao.

Offtop, but it could be such a great opportunity to release a lyric video like this for CRY FOR ME

Yeah, I laugh imagining those morons at jype making the surprised pikachu face seeing TWICE growth slowing down in some areas after years of them giving the bare minimum promotions, investment, production and marketing for the group... like wtf they could expect after mistreating the backbone and pillars of the company?

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Yeah, I laugh imagining those morons at jype making the surprised pikachu face seeing TWICE growth slowing down in some areas after years of them giving the bare minimum promotions, investment, production and marketing for the group... like wtf they could expect after mistreating the backbone and pillars of the company?
Yeah, what do they really expect when they don't even bother promoting them in their main markets anymore, I mean if the reports from yesterday were accurate they are expecting them to sell 450k for the next comeback and one of the hints seemed to pint to an April comeback.

I mean given that it's the 20th of March now and they typically do 2-3 weeks teaser period it's safe to assume that if that speculation was true it's totally possible Twice will comeback at the earliest mid-late April and with Kura Kura slated for 12th of May it's no wonder market analysts are predicting a slip in sales once again. I really think JYPE should open their eyes or this 'reverse growth' will only get worse.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
I think JYPE will really try to push their younger groups this year

Yeah honestly these investor reports mostly regurgitate what the companies will be pushing and telling them and a few recent ones are hyping up the new groups at the expense of Twice as that's what they need to push - a money maker that's not in their 6th year with the potential to go wrong if some don't renew in a years time. It was pretty obvious last year when promotions and effort were already slacking to push as much content out as possible with no regard for anything else (i.e. the impact on the group), so you wonder what this year will be like

I feel like there is a lot of naivety in the fandom (kpop fans in general) about the conveyor belt that is kpop. Unless you can stay on the very top (see BTS and probably BP) the company will slowly put you aside for a new toy. All those Twice fans that think other fans are too harsh on the company and will label you a success stan if you start suggesting any downward trend is a worry don't understand that companies are always on the lookout for a new toy due to the 7 year contracts. There will be no regard for anything other than getting as much money as possible whilst they can during the end of the 7 years to try and make that new toy if there looks like there's something better. There was no plan to anything they did last year for Twice, just release after release of if not physicals, merch, photobooks and the like, then pump that money into others.

This subset of fans for me don't understand that the businesses aim isn't Twice's longevity unless they can continue to grow against the odds and be the biggest, especially at a company like JYPE that is smaller than the rest of the big four and there's only so much room/money in these divisions. If Stray Kids will now start outselling Twice/garner more attention overseas and Nizi are already doing that in Japan, why would they not divert more resources/money away from Twice?

Twice were/are the best selling point for the company in Japan (replaced by NiziU), South Korea (pretty much do nothing there anymore, struggle to chart well and with what Itzy are doing probably looking for them to take over) and internationally (Stray Kids are probably a year away from taking over).

I think you have to be an incredibly naive fan (or a company stan) to not see how they're purposefully getting slowed down by the company as they already have their eyes set on perceived bigger prizes that will be more secure in the long run. At which point they'll just keep on milking the fandom while they can and might throw some low effort/cost content out to placate the remaining fandom in the easiest way (these 100 youtube shows for example)

It is also reported that JYP Entertainment plans to launch a total of four new idol groups through various programs, including the SBS audition program 'Loud.' They plan to launch one boy group, a Chinese idol group later this year and will be launching the boy version of NiziU in Japan and the United States in 2022. Hana Financial Group said, "Even with the assumption that these four groups will not perform well, the operating profit is expected to increase by at least 60% in two years." However, the financial firm believes that these groups will surpass the sales numbers of TWICE in their prime in two years.

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Yeah honestly these investor reports mostly regurgitate what the companies will be pushing and telling them and a few recent ones are hyping up the new groups at the expense of Twice as that's what they need to push - a money maker that's not in their 6th year with the potential to go wrong if some don't renew in a years time. It was pretty obvious last year when promotions and effort were already slacking to push as much content out as possible with no regard for anything else (i.e. the impact on the group), so you wonder what this year will be like

I feel like there is a lot of naivety in the fandom (kpop fans in general) about the conveyor belt that is kpop. Unless you can stay on the very top (see BTS and probably BP) the company will slowly put you aside for a new toy. All those Twice fans that think other fans are too harsh on the company and will label you a success stan if you start suggesting any downward trend is a worry don't understand that companies are always on the lookout for a new toy due to the 7 year contracts. There will be no regard for anything other than getting as much money as possible whilst they can during the end of the 7 years to try and make that new toy if there looks like there's something better. There was no plan to anything they did last year for Twice, just release after release of if not physicals, merch, photobooks and the like, then pump that money into others.

This subset of fans for me don't understand that the businesses aim isn't Twice's longevity unless they can continue to grow against the odds and be the biggest, especially at a company like JYPE that is smaller than the rest of the big four and there's only so much room/money in these divisions. If Stray Kids will now start outselling Twice/garner more attention overseas and Nizi are already doing that in Japan, why would they not divert more resources/money away from Twice?

Twice were/are the best selling point for the company in Japan (replaced by NiziU), South Korea (pretty much do nothing there anymore, struggle to chart well and with what Itzy are doing probably looking for them to take over) and internationally (Stray Kids are probably a year away from taking over).

I think you have to be an incredibly naive fan (or a company stan) to not see how they're purposefully getting slowed down by the company as they already have their eyes set on perceived bigger prizes that will be more secure in the long run. At which point they'll just keep on milking the fandom while they can and might throw some low effort/cost content out to placate the remaining fandom in the easiest way (these 100 youtube shows for example)

It is also reported that JYP Entertainment plans to launch a total of four new idol groups through various programs, including the SBS audition program 'Loud.' They plan to launch one boy group, a Chinese idol group later this year and will be launching the boy version of NiziU in Japan and the United States in 2022. Hana Financial Group said, "Even with the assumption that these four groups will not perform well, the operating profit is expected to increase by at least 60% in two years." However, the financial firm believes that these groups will surpass the sales numbers of TWICE in their prime in two years.

The way I predicted everything is happening rn back in 2018 an morons at onehallyu were attacking me for ruining the 100% positive vibe they were trying to push there. These 4 groups thing is so fcked up because bgs even the most nugu ones can get 10K-50K albums by basically just existing, and jype already demostrayed with skz what even if they need to use almost all the resources of the company for years in a flop bg they can make them gain lot of sales in the mid run.

I'm here just hoping this backfire to that trash company.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
The way I predicted everything is happening rn back in 2018 an morons at onehallyu were attacking me for ruining the 100% positive vibe they were trying to push there. These 4 groups thing is so fcked up because bgs even the most nugu ones can get 10K-50K albums by basically just existing, and jype already demostrayed with skz what even if they need to use almost all the resources of the company for years in a flop bg they can make them gain lot of sales in the mid run.

Yes, there are boy groups on the market that managed to become million sellers without a single hit song so can we really blame agencies for focusing on bg more? There is also a positive side to it - hit material songs are going gg's way.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150

I think recent months have shown that most of the remaining fandom are now mainly it for the members personalities, visuals (so collect their photocards and whatnot) and just general vibe. Looking at some of the reaction to Sana's photobook tells me the same thing.

As long as they get their youtube videos and content of the girls looking good they're fine and don't care for things outside of it - luckily for the company that's some of the cheapest and least effort content out there. Downside to Twice being too friendly, girl next door and willing to pander to fans. The company knows this as well (getting Sana to ask into the camera if they want to go on vacation with her at the end of her video?) which is why they just feed lots of photobooks, merch and whatnot whilst not caring about things outside of it. Mentioned before but this fandom just has the wrong priorities and the way the group/company operate just adds to that.

We'll see if this lyric video trend will be applied to TWICE too

Have to say I don't see any massive benefits to having a lyric video. The official audios have subs already don't they?

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
This is lowkey disrespectful

That part is paraphrased and not in speech marks so not sure what the exact translation is but its more the common theme over the last few reports that whether it's Nizi, Stray Kids or one of the new ones they are expecting bigger things from those groups than what Twice can/have provided so naturally more money/resources/time will go into those groups now, especially as Twice are nearing the end of 7 years and have stopped growing.

The gap between Twice and the others is either gone in some markets or surmountable in the very near future in other markets.

Its why I say Twice's timing was bad. When they were at the top the company was still growing and needed money for stability so there was never any real thought to what the group/members were doing other than putting out as much as possible and they could/did never invest massive amounts into the group. JYPE continuously had the best gross margins over the big four because they never spent much and the members themselves are too nice/good with fan service through things such as vlive which helped grow them. Now that they are no longer at the top and only have group stuff to rely on as they have no solo careers between them they're still not going to get the investment they deserved all those years. As all that money they made grew the company to a level where it can now invest more into groups but now Twice themselves are not worth it to the company in the long run and the investment/time/effort is going to new groups more than ever.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
This whole thing is why I don’t like company stans always apologizing for jype’s mismanagement. They’re obviously just gonna milk Twice until the end of their contract. Honestly, I’m just gonna enjoy whatever time we have left with them. If they continue as a group after 2022 then yehey but if they don’t that’s fine as well. I will just be supporting by bias with whatever she plans to do with her individual career. Can’t believe that JYPE is considered a big 3 company. They’re mostly just a top-tier mid-company lol

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
This whole thing is why I don’t like company stans always apologizing for jype’s mismanagement. They’re obviously just gonna milk Twice until the end of their contract. Honestly, I’m just gonna enjoy whatever time we have left with them. If they continue as a group after 2022 then yehey but if they don’t that’s fine as well. I will just be supporting by bias with whatever she plans to do with her individual career. Can’t believe that JYPE is considered a big 3 company. They’re mostly just a top-tier mid-company lol

The thing is there's nothing I'd rather be wrong about when it comes to the group than JYPE having some grand plan. A lot of the apologists see it that way but nothing has ever indicated that that is the case for me and now that we're at a point where they've lost momentum and they are unapologetically butchering their two important markets I don't see how it can ever be the case. They can't see how JYPE just lost their 2nd biggest group of the last 7 years which ended up with JYPE not even promoting their last album for the company - JYP family for sure. If Got7's exit didn't show them the failings and loyalty of the company I don't know what will.

These fans will be talking about how we should be happy about the content so far this year and how they are now "building" the members careers but when I saw that performance project get announced all that was for me was another nail in the coffin in where it's heading. Twice have had melody projects for the years and it has barely aided the members and has never led to anything substantial as that's not the aim of the projects. What's the precedent to conclude that these performance projects are now all of a sudden a massive gateway and development for the group and members? All it is is something else to trickle out like the photobooks and melody projects to substitute any actual push or long term investment in their solo careers.

I honestly dislike the naivety more than anything and the need to label others that talk about the difficult points success stans/talk down on them. There was a thread on reddit the other ay about Twice becoming the best selling Kpop GG in Japan and there was just sarcastic comments about "ooh I thought people were saying they were losing their momentum in Japan", "where are all those doomsday onces" when if they actually applied some logic they'd see the record is a cumulative record and Twice's average per physicals in Japan was less than 150k in 2020 versus near 300k in 2019. They are lying to themselves more than the opposite side being negative.

I think by the next comeback I'll be at the indifference stage at which point I'll just stop posting and zone out even more as outside of new music comebacks are not fun for me anymore. Fed up with the company and fed up with the fandom at large. Will just listen to their music and take an interest in any of their solo work if they decide to leave and do it.

Last edited:

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
The thing is there's nothing I'd rather be wrong about when it comes to the group than JYPE having some grand plan. A lot of the apologists see it that way but nothing has ever indicated that that is the case for me and now that we're at a point where they've lost momentum and they are unapologetically butchering their two important markets I don't see how it can ever be the case.

These fans will be talking about how we should be happy about the content so far this year and how they are now "building" the members careers but when I saw that performance project get announced all that was for me was another nail in the coffin in where it's heading. Twice have had melody projects for the years and it has barely aided the members and has never led to anything substantial as that's not the aim of the projects. What's the precedent to conclude that these performance projects are now all of a sudden a massive gateway and development for the group and members? All it is is something else to trickle out like the photobooks and melody projects to substitute any actual push or long term investment in their solo careers.

I honestly dislike the naivety more than anything and the need to label others that talk about the difficult points success stans/talk down on them. There was a thread on reddit the other ay about Twice becoming the best selling Kpop GG in Japan and there was just sarcastic comments about "ooh I thought people were saying they were losing their momentum in Japan", "where are all those doomsday onces" when if they actually applied some logic they'd see the record is a cumulative record and Twice's average per physicals in Japan was less than 150k in 2020 versus near 300k in 2019. They are lying to themselves more than the opposite side being negative.

I think by the next comeback I'll be at the indifference stage at which point I'll just stop posting and zone out even more as outside of new music comebacks are not fun for me anymore. Fed up with the company and fed up with the fandom at large. Will just listen to their music and take an interest in any of their solo work if they decide to leave and do it.

Again it came to my mind how back in a days when some folks in the fandom were mentioning huge amount of unnecessary activities TWICE were involved in substituting proper promotion, like joining "the show"\ "show champion" or visiting pointless awards shows (Soribada etc.) while replacing the most valuable one (MMA) with some weird Guam nugu fest, it was explained as some kind of clever planning move to "build relations with broadcasters to benefit from it in the future".

Now it seems like TWICE is basically banned from TV lol.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Again it came to my mind how back in a days when some folks in the fandom were mentioning huge amount of unnecessary activities TWICE were involved in substituting proper promotion, like joining "the show"\ "show champion" or visiting pointless awards shows (Soribada etc.) while replacing the most valuable one (MMA) with some weird Guam nugu fest, it was explained as some kind of clever planning move to "build relations with broadcasters to benefit from it in the future".

Now it seems like TWICE is basically banned from TV lol.

Iirc the Guam one was about Melon sajaegi accusations but you're not wrong - Twice's activities have always been dictated by what's best for the company and not the group/members which has resulted in multiple pointless activities. I'm honestly curious how many pointless events they've been to over the years so other JYPE groups can perform/the business can get future favours. Doing Kcon Japan a few months after a Dome tour has to be up there as one of the funniest. Just getting farmed out which does devalue the group brand and not just through the opportunity cost (there would be so many other useful things they could be doing)

Yeah the whole disappearance from TV when not promoting music is one of the oddest things about the groups management in recent years. I honestly feel they want to move the JYPE brand away from Twice which is its strongest kpop group association to the public in Korea (JYP on a personnel level) at the moment to make room for Stray Kids/Itzy. All JYPE groups are still somewhat in Twice's shadow, especially in SK still.

Not sure what other reason there could be to just stop promoting the group in SK at this level, especially in current circumstances. It's a fairly common strategy when a company is trying to pass on the torch to a new service/good/product etc. You've invested so much in the new line of products which you're banking on more so you need to push it front and center as much as possible.

Edit: Bit of a tangent but looking at the lack of attention the Respect Twice account is getting in sending emails relating to the slave room shows how important misayeon is to the fandom. This issue is a 100x more serious than what happened the first time for the account to be made yet it's engagement is so much less this time as Misa is not posting/reminding people about it and Subjectkpop has also been banned.

She legitimately organises/leads a majority of the international fandom it feels like and if her hiatus becomes more permanent it would just really hammer home the approaching 7 year mark.

Last edited:

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Edit: Bit of a tangent but looking at the lack of attention the Respect Twice account is getting in sending emails relating to the slave room shows how important misayeon is to the fandom. This issue is a 100x more serious than what happened the first time for the account to be made yet it's engagement is so much less this time as Misa is not posting/reminding people about it and Subjectkpop has also been banned.

She legitimately organises/leads a majority of the international fandom it feels like and if her hiatus becomes more permanent it would just really hammer home the approaching 7 year mark.

Hiatus? I thought she is purposefully avoids posting anything to keep this emailing campaign stuff on top?

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Hiatus? I thought she is purposefully avoids posting anything to keep this emailing campaign stuff on top?

Would genuinely feel like an end of an era if she doesn't come back if it doesn't already

I've been dealing with something personal in my life for the past few months and I haven’t been able to be active on twitter as much as before. the break was something I've considered for a year and I thought that I could get by with a semi-break but I don't think that's working out. for a long time this hobby turned into more of a job for me and it’s making it so that I stopped enjoying kpop and twice the same way I used to. I haven't said anything on twitter about it yet bc I don't want to make a big deal about it. I learned that even putting 'rest' on my bio was too loud apparently so I took it off. I want to at least help with the current issue before leaving but otherwise I won't be online much for the time being. I don't know how long of a break it'll be. it could be a week, or maybe just indefinite? I've never taken a break before so I'm not sure yet

Last edited:
Top Bottom