【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
I think that's a bit overly optimistic. Next comeback will probably just do around the same numbers as EWO initially (over 400k) or a bit better.
It is optimistic, I'm counting in j-onces not having pre orders for 2 things at the same time, even if the gap with Kura Kura and korean comeback is not big, it's better than M&M-Fanfare situation. I'm also hoping 30-40 days of pre orders like with itzy and good distribution to US and Europe like they have been doing with skz and itzy.

Someone got clowned lol

Excuses incoming: YG didn't make enough copies, it is just 1 member, still The Album outsold, stay pressed Dreamer lolol

Saw that already, also the low views for them with the bside mv is something of a reality check for that fandom, even when they will not take that into account anyway, lack of content wasn't never a disadvantage if not the contrary.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
It is optimistic, I'm counting in j-onces not having pre orders for 2 things at the same time, even if the gap with Kura Kura and korean comeback is not big, it's better than M&M-Fanfare situation. I'm also hoping 30-40 days of pre orders like with itzy and good distribution to US and Europe like they have been doing with skz and itzy.

Saw that already, also the low views for them with the bside mv is something of a reality check for that fandom, even when they will not take that into account anyway, lack of content wasn't never a disadvantage if not the contrary.
They are now crying in "Why don't you combine it with an album that Gaon deemed separate and why don't you wait until another version comes out and combine that one as well?" lmfao clown fandom

I always said BP average is 300-400k, that's where majority of their sales fall into. They pulled off this one time thing and went out of touch with reality.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
They are now crying in "Why don't you combine it with an album that Gaon deemed separate and why don't you wait until another version comes out and combine that one as well?" lmfao clown fandom

I always said BP average is 300-400k, that's where majority of their sales fall into. They pulled off this one time thing and went out of touch with reality.

I'm almost 100% sure they'll pull this one time thing next comeback once again lol

Last edited:

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200

Yeah. I’m not gonna bank on Twice getting the itzy or skz treatment in pre-orders but will be happy if they do.
I'm almost 100% sure they'll pull this one time thing next comeback once again lol
Agree. That’s not a one-time thing. It’s gonna be their standard as long as they do group comebacks

Last edited:

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭797,050

Someone got clowned lol

Excuses incoming: YG didn't make enough copies, it is just 1 member, still The Album outsold, stay pressed Dreamer lolol

You do realise that there's going to be a significant rise in the sales numbers once the chart for April is released right? Her album already has 460k+ on Hanteo, it's going to have well over 500k on Gaon.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Hey, how about we all remember what group thread this is about lmao....

Also I think it's interesting that Twice essentially took 6 months off in 2020 and got(in my opinion) the worst promotion's/release schedule of their whole career and pretty much 0 promotion in Japan and let's be real JYPE basically treated JOnce like steaming garbage last year and continues to this year...
I mean this is pretty much why we complain all this time, but it's kind of funny that with all that they still managed to drop 2 double platinum selling albums among all that. I really think it's crazy how strong and consistent Twice are, call me mad but even with a company as bad as JYPE behind them why do I get the feeling Twice will outlast most of 3rd gen.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200

Also I think it's interesting that Twice essentially took 6 months off in 2020 and got(in my opinion) the worst promotion's/release schedule of their whole career and pretty much 0 promotion in Japan and let's be real JYPE basically treated JOnce like steaming garbage last year and continues to this year...
I mean this is pretty much why we complain all this time, but it's kind of funny that with all that they still managed to drop 2 double platinum selling albums among all that. I really think it's crazy how strong and consistent Twice are, call me mad but even with a company as bad as JYPE behind them why do I get the feeling Twice will outlast most of 3rd gen.
Last year’s promotions were a bit of a mess imo. Yeah, I’m glad that EWO got double platinum. It’s one of my fave Twice albums. I’ve listened to it more than M&M.

TT was number 2 today at Music Station for the National Choreo(?) thing. Still impactful even years after release.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
You do realise that there's going to be a significant rise in the sales numbers once the chart for April is released right? Her album already has 460k+ on Hanteo, it's going to have well over 500k on Gaon.
That's not how it works

You're the man who is vibing with me, appreciated. Plus if they start doing the distribution thing properly, we'll get there.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

TWICE getting exoed cuz their company and the own members don't want to push their solo activities is something... well, at least I'm fine with them not being #1 girl group or #1 even in their own company, now when will onces accept that since they push the always nine agenda so much but it seems they don't want to accept the new situation of the group.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
JYPE is a joke and their desperation with Itzy is just funny to me. They try so hard to push them but also not milk their fans yet they barely have a fraction of Twice success and even now 6 years on Twice look the fresher group. Hilarious.

Hes also got himself on the track too due to the hige push he's gonna give it in the US. They for certain will puah promo and playlisting too. Desperate.

Last edited:

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
It will be a win if jyp producing kura kura, niziu last single and now itzy comeback tt mean he won't participate in twice next comeback... but how likely is that atp? He has participated in every girl group title track since the second half of 2019 with the exception of wannabe, totally monopolized their discography for himself

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
What are you guys talking about, I am not even following anymore. What's with Itzy? They are screwed even worse

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
What are you guys talking about, I am not even following anymore. What's with Itzy? They are screwed even worse
Because when you get the JYP production you get the JYP push too.

I mean for one of the companies only ever Friday releases and with a 40 day pre-order and day 1 shipping for the US on Itzy's official store ad Amazon it's clear JYP is gonna push this song as hard as the company can which likely means JYPE will try for playlisting, radio impact(if possible) and more than likely a few US TV spots.

The point isn't that the JYP songs typically do badly, it's that he thinks they are good and have the best chance for breakout success so he's gonna give the most investment and push to those songs mostly.

So probably a decent promotion cycle, we already know great distribution and more than likely another pricey MV.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
I've liked a few jyp songs and some are meh but there honestly shouldn't be a difference on how songs are promoted regardless of who produced them. I hope Twice gets better distribution and better promotions next comeback too. It's obvious though that the jype is pushing skz and itzy and niziu hard. NiziU is doing very well in japan but i dont think the other two groups are at a level where you can say that they're the representative groups of the company.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
I've liked a few jyp songs and some are meh but there honestly shouldn't be a difference on how songs are promoted regardless of who produced them. I hope Twice gets better distribution and better promotions next comeback too. It's obvious though that the jype is pushing skz and itzy and niziu hard. NiziU is doing very well in japan but i dont think the other two groups are at a level where you can say that they're the representative groups of the company.
I think all 3 have issues holding them back.

Niziu highly successful, but very much have a ceiling since they have almost no appeal outside of Japan.
Itzy are pretty much inferior to Twice in every area by a decent to huge margin. They also seem to be aging worse than 3rd generation groups.
Stray Kids have a big fandom and do better than Itzy and Niziu in certain areas and maybe become the best per album seller this year for JYPE, but really lack public relevance.

But JYPE feel like all of those are rectifiable situations so are focusing more on those groups right now while still milking Once a lot to make up for the companies slipping finances. It's frustrating.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Niziu new single sold 307K in 5 days, their last release got 420K+ so I guess unless Kura Kura surprise us TWICE is now #2 in Japan for jype. I hope better sales were just a representation of j-oces exhaustion after whole 6 months of milking and bad promotions, another barely 100K single would be... and if jype goes crazy this year and release a full album with $60-$80 versions like in the past the sales could be catastrophic low.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600

Cheer up seems to be the only example when TWICE had great MV budget, well-planned long promotion cycle and push from company without direct JYP involvement in songwriting.

Anyway, I dont' mind another WILxJYP kind of situation. Not my favourite TWICE song, but a good one, with a proper promo and great MV.

Offtop but I miss those times when TWICE and kpop in general had obvious concepts of MVs. Like 2015-2018 TWICE's videos were all interesting in terms of ideas behind them. Aliens, zombies, movies referencing, halloween, fairy tales - yeah, it was kind of childish a bit, but it was FUN. Now everyone seems to be doing cool staff aka dancing in different sets with zero correlation looking badass.
Boring. Maybe ITZY will deliver in that aspect, not shy mv was promising and this new one has to be continuation of it or smth.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Honestly I hate to be negative but this is really starting to grate on me now.

April 4th was the last time we got anything for the comeback, I really thought today we'd see something or get some kind of announcement for something, anything at all interesting to build hype or you know actually act like it's some kind of comeback season, but nope.

It's just nothing 8 days unless you count some profile picture updates...absolutely nothing. It's like wtf why is the company just acting like they aren't even having a comeback? Throw out some lazy teasers and forget it? Really...making room for other shitty groups shitty songs or w/e...I don't care, I literally don't give a shit.

Twice comeback just feels like exactly what it is, a second rate quickie cash grab that's just been shat out with bare minimum effort. Not gonna lie I'm expecting at least something that even slightly resembles effort and ambition this week or else I'm not going to be sticking around to complain about the same shit every day and gonna perma ban and just go.

Top Bottom