【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Honestly I hate to be negative but this is really starting to grate on me now.

April 4th was the last time we got anything for the comeback, I really thought today we'd see something or get some kind of announcement for something, anything at all interesting to build hype or you know actually act like it's some kind of comeback season, but nope.

It's just nothing 8 days unless you count some profile picture updates...absolutely nothing. It's like wtf why is the company just acting like they aren't even having a comeback? Throw out some lazy teasers and forget it? Really...making room for other shitty groups shitty songs or w/e...I don't care, I literally don't give a shit.

Twice comeback just feels like exactly what it is, a second rate quickie cash grab that's just been shat out with bare minimum effort. Not gonna lie I'm expecting at least something that even slightly resembles effort and ambition this week or else I'm not going to be sticking around to complain about the same shit every day and gonna perma ban and just go.
Agree with your points. Idk if it's because we are not in Japan so it's possible that we just don't see the promotions or whatever, but I find it irritating that they don't promote the Japanese comebacks properly. It feels like a side job lol

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
If TWICE won't come back in first half of May, which is unlikely, I feel like they will coincide with BTS release, more or less. Intersting.
Yeah which is always difficult to tell, due to enormous fan power and album sales they will steal 95% of the wins for like 2 months usually. Also BTS are extremely beatable on the charts with the right song. While they could drop another Dynamite or BWL they could also deliver another LGO which honestly would have charted out by now if not for fans alone.
Though with a May release for BTS that will also likely mean Twice wont come out in May and with Beakhyun just having a comeback and NCT slated for May 10th realistically Twice only need to avoid BP and Seventeen to snatch an Gaon monthly number 1 album which is sort of their last missing milestone lmao.

BP had around 600k copies of their last album come from money collection period of the original February leak for April 2020 so the company is likely going to do something like that again and leak a loose date months before their comeback so I would say they are at least 4-6 months out so I think they might be off the table for at least the early Summer months.

Seventeen are coming on April 21st for a Japan comeback which is a worry since that leaves them a straight shot to comeback in probably July, August, September really only leaving Twice June.

Last edited:

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Yeah which is always difficult to tell, due to enormous fan power and album sales they will steal 95% of the wins for like 2 months usually. Also BTS are extremely beatable on the charts with the right song. While they could drop another Dynamite or BWL they could also deliver another LGO which honestly would have charted out by now if not for fans alone.
Though with a May release for BTS that will also likely mean Twice wont come out in May and with Beakhyun just having a comeback and NCT slated for May 10th realistically Twice only need to avoid BP and Seventeen to snatch an Gaon monthly number 1 album which is sort of their last missing milestone lmao.

BP had around 600k copies of their last album come from money collection period of the original February leak for April 2020 so the company is likely going to do something like that again and leak a loose date months before their comeback so I would say they are at least 4-6 months out so I think they might be off the table for at least the early Summer months.

Seventeen are coming on April 21st for a Japan comeback which is a worry since that leaves them a straight shot to comeback in probably July, August, September really only leaving Twice June.

It's going to be SVT, TWICE's original nemesis since 2016 lol.

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

Kmedia already guessing about big companies activities, for TWICE is 10th mini album in june and 11th mini album in september, the june one it's almost confirmed atp but I don't think they will comeback that soon after it, so it will be probably another twicetober or even maybe november, I think another single or 3rd full japanese full album is coming august-september.

They assume lisa solo will be in june and bts will release an ep in that month too, so lol let's see what happen.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200

Kmedia already guessing about big companies activities, for TWICE is 10th mini album in june and 11th mini album in september, the june one it's almost confirmed atp but I don't think they will comeback that soon after it, so it will be probably another twicetober or even maybe november, I think another single or 3rd full japanese full album is coming august-september.

They assume lisa solo will be in june and bts will release an ep in that month too, so lol let's see what happen.

And it also has assumptions on albums sales as well which for Twice is around 400k-450k for each of the mini albums

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
And it also has assumptions on albums sales as well which for Twice is around 400k-450k for each of the mini albums
So the 55 in Niziu new single means 550K assumption? lmao they also assume skz will do 500K+ for their releases this year

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
So after a lazy period week we've now been basically 10 days with nothing...is this it? That just the thing? Maybe now drop the MV with no hype or care for probably another lazy Japan song with an effortless MV. Cool.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
So after a lazy period week we've now been basically 10 days with nothing...is this it? That just the thing? Maybe now drop the MV with no hype or care for probably another lazy Japan song with an effortless MV. Cool.
The way TT japanese version, Wake Me Up, BDZ and Fanfare never had a single teaser, most of the others comebacks had 1 teaser 1 day before the MV release without a clear date so WMJ management is pure trash.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600

Well, while most of TWICE Japanese releases were extremeley cheap in every departement, like when wmj released japanese TT version, (basically TWICE JPN tradmark song) with that lazy nugu level video. Or Happy Happy\breakthrough using the same assets. It seems to be normal even for BTS.

Actually, I think TWICE, contrary to other kpop acts, made some progress in terms of at least video quality on their Japanese releases: Fanfare, Better had pretty decent MVs, while Fake and True was Korean-level.

Yeah, they declined in promotion intensity, teasers, etc., but MV-wise they are improving, imo.

Last edited:

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭798,250
lmao they also assume skz will do 500K+ for their releases this year
You laugh but they literally sold 470k+ with their repackage album last year and they're also going to get a massive boost from Kingdom. 500k is a really conservative estimate.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
You laugh but they literally sold 470k+ with their repackage album last year and they're also going to get a massive boost from Kingdom. 500k is a really conservative estimate.
The lmao was clearly for the niziu part... where they estimate 550K when almost after 2 weeks they are below 350K, missing their prediction badly, a 400K prediction would have been way better. Now skz who knows, probably they can do 500K with their new comebacks.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Back in a days this radio silence combined with timing meant TWICE is filming something comeback-related.
Now it seems more like promotional campaign for Bubble services lmao

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Because when you get the JYP production you get the JYP push too.

I mean for one of the companies only ever Friday releases and with a 40 day pre-order and day 1 shipping for the US on Itzy's official store ad Amazon it's clear JYP is gonna push this song as hard as the company can which likely means JYPE will try for playlisting, radio impact(if possible) and more than likely a few US TV spots.

The point isn't that the JYP songs typically do badly, it's that he thinks they are good and have the best chance for breakout success so he's gonna give the most investment and push to those songs mostly.

So probably a decent promotion cycle, we already know great distribution and more than likely another pricey MV.
I honestly think this is gonna be for everyone from now on. I didn't become more positive about JYP, no. But it really does seem like this is part of the deals they signed and stuff.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

Confirmed already, let's wait to see if jype don't mess up this time again, god I hope no we really need a healing period in our fandom and for twice too, we really need a good hit in kcharts that perform well in japan and internationally :sanapray:

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600

Confirmed already, let's wait to see if jype don't mess up this time again, god I hope no we really need a healing period in our fandom and for twice too, we really need a good hit in kcharts that perform well in japan and internationally :sanapray:

Yeah, summer song may be a good choice considering brave girls hype although as I've said multiple times I'm not really a fan of that summer kpop vibe

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Yeah, summer song may be a good choice considering brave girls hype although as I've said multiple times I'm not really a fan of that summer kpop vibe
dtna was a mega hit and more & more did decently at first thank to the hype, so it's a good choice for the time, if they get a good production company and budget and make use of jeju properly with a catchy good song would be great.

Top Bottom