【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

Promo for cfm after 4 months, but it sounds nice ahead of the comeback, but it seems ot8 so maybe jeongyeon is still not full and can't cover all the activities.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

The results in china for a japanese release when twice doesn't have no a single drop of promotions or even sns there are actually nice

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Maybe I'm missing something but shouldn't nintendo switch ad be already released? I mean it can't be photo-only right?

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
kura kura did decently good in jcharts, the song has so many messy parts and a weird structure but the mv is gorgeous, hope the physical sales are fanfare level at least please, more than 200K+ again. Desperately waiting for the june comeback, seems like it will be a big full house like every single twice comeback since the beginning of time.

jype leaving the empty house for itzy and going full edgy girl crush onomatopoeia edm with this comeback, actually thank them for take that, the possibility of twice going with girl crush concept is almost 0 and I'm glad for it. Unlike bp itzy choreos are hard and complex asf and that maybe is a disadvantage, they would need a ultra high budget mv with top notch fashion outfits if jype want to match bp level of girl crush concept.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Do you think we'll get a comeback-related post this weekend?

Also, it seems like Kura Kura is doing relatively well in Japan. Hopefully the sales will be much better than Better. I personally liked the song and the MV :)

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Do you think we'll get a comeback-related post this weekend?

Also, it seems like Kura Kura is doing relatively well in Japan. Hopefully the sales will be much better than Better. I personally liked the song and the MV :)

It's only possible if cb will have ITZY kind of treatment. Maybe this time?
ITZY's new song has such an amazing pre-chorus and bridge. Unfortunately every other part is that annoying mandatatory rapping. Could have been so much better with some decent verses

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
It's only possible if cb will have ITZY kind of treatment. Maybe this time?
ITZY's new song has such an amazing pre-chorus and bridge. Unfortunately every other part is that annoying mandatatory rapping. Could have been so much better with some decent verses
I'd settle for change in pfp tbh lol I think around this time last year we already know the title song for M&M cause they spoiled it in Seize the Lights premiere. I'd also be happy with a complete ICSM dance prac but I'm not sure if JY already healed enough for it. Or maybe we'll get something after Kura-Kura release.
Didn't like Itzy's new song at all. Gave up on it during the first 30 secs but that's more of because they're really not just my style.

Last edited:

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Itzy new comeback mv had 10 sets, some of them very well done sets, so it's a high budget mv. Hope we get something of kura kura + Itzy Mafia MV level for twice korean comeback. There is already something going on about the comeback, the spotify profile put a heart in the profile image and in the end of the profile summary, onces already celebrating a bright concept with likey or what is love vibes.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

Why tf there is two dates, I hope jype don't mess up this by making the digital and physical release be separated...

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200

Why tf there is two dates, I hope jype don't mess up this by making the digital and physical release be separated...

Isn't that how it has been for the past two comebacks lol Monday is the digital release and MV release while physical albums get released the next day (Tuesday)...If anything the Wed date is for Korean charts and the Fri date is for US LOL

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Isn't that how it has been for the past two comebacks lol Monday is the digital release and MV release while physical albums get released the next day (Tuesday)...If anything the Wed date is for Korean charts and the Fri date is for US LOL
No it's not the same mostly because hanteo and gaon works way different than billboard charts.

Now, if they're aiming for billboard charts like the 200, hot 100 and global 200 this release schedule is stupid asf since billboard charts tracking week is friday to thursday and song sales are converted to album sales and help the album to chart higher, they know how is done since they did it with itzy recently so this don't make sense for twice even if they will release the mv first and then the digital and album release, but that is stupid too since mv views count for billboard charts too and the 1st and 2nd day are the biggest ones so they will waste that, and releasing the mv first could affect the song char performance.

The smartest way is simply release everything on friday to get full tracking week like bts and bp, it's even better just to release everything the same day, I will wait until they make things clear but this stupid release schedule could ruin twice chances of charting high on billboard charts, that are mostly for marketing, mediaplay and hype but twice need that now more than ever.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
No it's not the same mostly because hanteo and gaon works way different than billboard charts.

Now, if they're aiming for billboard charts like the 200, hot 100 and global 200 this release schedule is stupid asf since billboard charts tracking week is friday to thursday and song sales are converted to album sales and help the album to chart higher, they know how is done since they did it with itzy recently so this don't make sense for twice even if they will release the mv first and then the digital and album release, but that is stupid too since mv views count for billboard charts too and the 1st and 2nd day are the biggest ones so they will waste that, and releasing the mv first could affect the song char performance.

The smartest way is simply release everything on friday to get full tracking week like bts and bp, it's even better just to release everything the same day, I will wait until they make things clear but this stupid release schedule could ruin twice chances of charting high on billboard charts, that are mostly for marketing, mediaplay and hype but twice need that now more than ever.
Aaaah. So that's how billboard works lol this is jype so I honestly cant ascertain what their plans are lol but hopefully we get further updates and details in the coming weeks so we know how to help Twice chart on the relevant charts.

Btw, congrats to Kura-Kura for making it to the Billboard Global 200 (excluding US). I heard that this is the first time for a Twice japanese release. :)

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

Fancy got the streaming certification!! Now with 10 certification, twice is the first artist to reach that after IU, pretty legendary tbh, it will get the download one by the end of 2022 or in 2023. Sadly if jyp continue neglecting twice promotions and marketing and also producing twice's title tracks will be one of the last certification we will get.

Signal will get 100M streams in any moment with a gaon observation note is released, and who knows, maybe the 2.5M downloads mark is not a dream.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

In other news SME and YGE were degraded to mid size business due to all their financial problems since years, JYPE is the only one one who maintain its status, mostly thanks to twice. The biggest example of why they are on that situation we can find it in bp online concert, reported $10M in earnings but it was in red numbers due to all the production costs so yge pretty much made no bank from it, while twice online concerts with bare minimum production and effort is making way more for jype, crazy.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
It's because YG and SM have so many other business ventures outside music and those are not giving them profit. Congrats to JYPE tho for maintaining their blue chip status by having cheap-ass productions so they can maximize profit.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
It's because YG and SM have so many other business ventures outside music and those are not giving them profit. Congrats to JYPE tho for maintaining their blue chip status by having cheap-ass productions so they can maximize profit.
That and all the money they have to pay for law infractions plus the pandemic hitting them hard with no concerts, tvxq was doing a lot of money with touring. SME just got another million seller group with nct dream, the 127 will for sure get 1M with their next album, both groups were below twice in sales just 3 years ago, it's crazy how a stupid company like jype can affect and stop so much the grow of one of the biggest kpop groups in history, they're kicking jype ass in sales but it's true that all the money sme had to invest to get those groups to that point was a huge investment

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
That and all the money they have to pay for law infractions plus the pandemic hitting them hard with no concerts, tvxq was doing a lot of money with touring. SME just got another million seller group with nct dream, the 127 will for sure get 1M with their next album, both groups were below twice in sales just 3 years ago, it's crazy how a stupid company like jype can affect and stop so much the grow of one of the biggest kpop groups in history, they're kicking jype ass in sales but it's true that all the money sme had to invest to get those groups to that point was a huge investment
The global expansion helped a lot of artists become million sellers but I honestly doubt it will still be possible for Twice given that most groups who are million sellers (excluding BTS because they'd still be million sellers even without Chinese bulk buying) have huge Chinese fanbases. Venturing in the Chinese market is something Twice will never do. I shall be keeping my expectations in check for Taste of Love to avoid disappointment.

I'd also like to say that SM and YG have better marketing strategies for their artists. It may not work immediately but you'll see the results long-term.I cannot say the same for JYPE.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
What are y’all’s prediction for the sales of Taste of Love?

Mine would be around 420k-450k on the first month/gaon update.

Top Bottom