【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
I'm irritated by it tbh. The most logical thing to do is drop the timetable first (like what most groups are doing) before posting concept teasers or whatever but that might just be me. This company or division or whoever decides on these things don't know how to sustain hype.

Well, you're welcome

E2PaVrFXIA8Mp9L

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
We are only getting 7 days of teasers this era, the shortest teasers period for twice, not even unpromoted repackage like the best thing i ever did got this treatment, at least I'm hoping no jyp on the title track and those morons not spoiling the whole intro and dance break/chorus in those 2 mv teasers, sigh...

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Can't believe I come back to a JYP title track lol. It's honestly incredibly frustrating.

Seeing TXT pass 700k pre-orders, NCT Dream 2m, Enhyphen 500k+? as well is an eye opener for me. These guys are nowhere worldwide compared to Twice. Not that popularity will align with album sales but for a group like Twice it really should do to a larger extent.

It really shows how the exponential growth just went straight through Twice and it's honestly incredibly ironic how some Twice fans have now become what BP fans were a few years ago (talking streams/social media driven content, downplaying physicals) after BP managed to be a part of that exponential growth of fandom/physicals whereas Twice didn't.

More people are listening to Twice worldwide but they're so late to the game that people aren't committed to joining the fandom/spending money on physicals, on top of losing people from the core fandom in SK/Japan that buy lots.

What I will say is I am really happy they changed up the teaser schedule at least a bit. Though it's worrying how Twice stuff either doesn't trend at all on South Korea Youtube, which is big there (see Jihyo's melody project) or just doesn't trend very well (see the current teaser). Hopefully it's not indicative of a further decrease of interest there.

Last edited:

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Also BEP with their new groups song ASAP have now peaked with 268k listeners on Melon whilst still growing (more than ICSM could manage which was 248k and Izy's new one which was 234k) without the big 3 privilege which says a lot to me. Even Aespa with their odd song are doing much better.

For me shows two things: 1) How out of touch JYPE are with the Korean public 2) Korean's aren't fussed about checking out JYPE gg's as much anymore, which has historically been the strongest aspect of their girl groups. Other gg's from big companies can get away with releasing odd songs but JYPE can't as the brand there is not as strong anymore.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Can't believe I come back to a JYP title track lol. It's honestly incredibly frustrating.

Seeing TXT pass 700k pre-orders, NCT Dream 2m, Enhyphen 500k+? as well is an eye opener for me. These guys are nowhere worldwide compared to Twice. Not that popularity will align with album sales but for a group like Twice it really should do to a larger extent.

It really shows how the exponential growth just went straight through Twice and it's honestly incredibly ironic how some Twice fans have now become what BP fans were a few years ago (talking streams/social media driven content, downplaying physicals) after BP managed to be a part of that exponential growth of fandom/physicals whereas Twice didn't.

More people are listening to Twice worldwide but they're so late to the game that people aren't committed to joining the fandom/spending money on physicals, on top of losing people from the core fandom in SK/Japan that buy lots.

What I will say is I am really happy they changed up the teaser schedule at least a bit. Though it's worrying how Twice stuff either doesn't trend at all on South Korea Youtube, which is big there (see Jihyo's melody project) or just doesn't trend very well (see the current teaser). Hopefully it's not indicative of a further decrease of interest there.
Yeah, whatever kind of growth kpop enjoyed in the global market didn't benefit Twice that much. Honestly, we're prolly in our last year and few months with them so let's just enjoy the comeback/s and hope for the best. It's obvious that Jinyoung Park wants to stick his name to the girl groups to benefit from whatever success they will have.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Also BEP with their new groups song ASAP have now peaked with 268k listeners on Melon whilst still growing (more than ICSM could manage which was 248k and Izy's new one which was 234k) without the big 3 privilege which says a lot to me. Even Aespa with their odd song are doing much better.

For me shows two things: 1) How out of touch JYPE are with the Korean public 2) Korean's aren't fussed about checking out JYPE gg's as much anymore, which has historically been the strongest aspect of their girl groups. Other gg's from big companies can get away with releasing odd songs but JYPE can't as the brand there is not as strong anymore.
We're entering an era where Big 3 doesn't really mean much anymore to fans. Not when kpop content is already easily accessible for foreign fans.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
We're entering an era where Big 3 doesn't really mean much anymore to fans. Not when kpop content is already easily accessible for foreign fans.

Internationally I agree to an extent but I was talking purely domestic there where the public are more aware of the big 3 branding. Itzy with a head-start from JYPE/Twice are already looking like they're falling back.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Ok so we are 3 days away from Alcohol Free and so far the teaser period was a mess and wasted, whoever had the idea of having big days gaps without teasers and 1 last week of consecutive teaser is an incompetent idiot.

Thank god we got rid of Naive and with Rigend Film Studio who worked in Izone Panorama and other good MVs I knew we will get at least a decent MV, so far the color palette, scenarios and photography of the trailer and mv teaser has been gorgeous, praying everything ends well.

My biggest concern was when I saw the tracklist and saw that moron jyp again, fucking hell we will never get rid of that asshole... so many red flags so far for the title track like this one

atp I'm just hoping for a miracle and that koreans eat up the song somehow, sigh

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Ok so we are 3 days away from Alcohol Free and so far the teaser period was a mess and wasted, whoever had the idea of having big days gaps without teasers and 1 last week of consecutive teaser is an incompetent idiot.

Thank god we got rid of Naive and with Rigend Film Studio who worked in Izone Panorama and other good MVs I knew we will get at least a decent MV, so far the color palette, scenarios and photography of the trailer and mv teaser has been gorgeous, praying everything ends well.

My biggest concern was when I saw the tracklist and saw that moron jyp again, fucking hell we will never get rid of that asshole... so many red flags so far for the title track like this one

atp I'm just hoping for a miracle and that koreans eat up the song somehow, sigh

In 2017 TWICE could have had all the chances to force feed the audience making them listen to their stuff until they like it, but now they do need an instant banger. On the other hand I never take seriously any song descriprions from agencies or idols themselves lol.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

Just like I predicted, 500K copies already with the whole album sold out in their own Twice Shop, even if it was possible to get way more than that the incompetence in distribution from jype is an obstacle. We may end the year with Taste of Love with over 600K.

In 2017 TWICE could have had all the chances to force feed the audience making them listen to their stuff until they like it, but now they do need an instant banger. On the other hand I never take seriously any song descriprions from agencies or idols themselves lol.
Yeah I know, we have to wait, so far I have like it the sound on the trailer and teaser but I have no confidence on jyp.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
I like how it sounds so far. Wish they'd announce some more Korean promo though.

Also was just curious on numbers for the teasers and I guess I never realised how big the ICSM platform teaser was

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Taste of Love charting on Billboard 200 will be the big achievement of this comeback so I hope jype can hype and mediaplay that like if they are yge.

Analyzing the latest weeks of BB200 it seems:

30K+ units usually grants you top 10
50K+ units secure a top 5 entry
100K+ could grant you top 1 if there is not a huge artist dropping an album recently

Charts look a little bit hard with Olivia Rodrigo album going strong, it seems some dcently popular rappers are dropping an album this friday and Maroon 5 too. We did 15K units for EWO with 40 days of delay, it will be interesting.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

Initial projections that can grow in the 5 days of tracking week left, a tough week because all the albums released. If we manage to get top 10 it will be amazing.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
OMG we are so fucking unlucky. We were bout to crack into top10 melon, then Brave Girls dropped new album and for some idiotic reason Armytards took it as a challenge to mass stream the Dynamite, pushing us 2 positions behind.

Top Bottom