【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
It's nice that they listened to complains regarding online cover. Good job.
Yeah I agree, while interms of fandom attitude going into this comeback I'm not too hopeful for things to change in 2 weeks and all of a sudden Once just start getting behind it a fully supporting it, I do think it's encouraging that jyp is listening and slowly improving things. I think this comeback season could really re-light a fire under Once.

Plus the snippet of the song today sounded really strong.

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000

You all asking for this??? Twice will decrease activity by 2021?

In this thread? Nope.

Or are you one of those Once who don't know the difference between promoting hard and promoting smart.

We've been here asking for spaced comeback, not less comebacks...asking JYP why they spent 6 months doing fuck all and the last 5 months of the year having 2 singles, 2 k comebacks, a compilation album and an online concert....how did you get 'we want them to decrease activity for other groups' from that?

Anyway, on point. It really shows the companies intentions. At this point it better for those who aren't able to watch Twice get treated like a 2nd and 3rd rate act by JYP to walk away. I wouldn't and don't blame those who already have.
I see the talk in this thread about 'last chance' or 'make or break' for Twice and I find it kind of sad that they don't even realise that time has came and passed.

Twice will sell less this time, the fandom has reduced and will continue to. It's sad because it's 100% the fault of JYP, division 3 and Warner. It has nothing to do with the girls but some fans can only take so much bs before they leave.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
I'd be curious to see the POV of a Korean fan and what the fandom is currently like in SK leading up to the album

A majority of Twice's sales still come from there so it'd be interesting to know what their appetite is like.

Twice are interesting because they blew up to a massive level from a fandom perspective not even a year into their careers (only Izone have probably done it quicker coming off Produce and having akb members). Their concept led to more male fans than average who on average I feel don't tend to last too long in SK. They get older, don't care as much about idols and drift off, and a majority of the core k-fandom would have been around for 4+ years now.

You watch a group like Apink who had a lot of male fans early on, and their music show stages now seem to have way more females going by fanchants. Not the strongest evidence but a difference between Twice's fanbase and the other big gg's of the gen.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Isn’t it better to have fewer comebacks overall in a year which are all properly promoted than release a bunch of stuff from both the kor and jpn side with subpar or no proper promotions at all.

Agree with TwiceLife that this comeback (both kor and jpn) are gonna sell less and the subsequent ones as well. The fandom is stagnant because jype has done zero effort in expanding it. Some fans have lost interest because of the way the company is treating the group and the fans. Loyalty to your idol can only go so far. Fans don’t have unlimited money to buy the 1238592074 they release.

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
I think the problem with having only 1 or 2 comebacks a year comes from jyp. I know for a fact, same for most once, that less comebacks and better promotions aren't mutually exclusive.
The treatment and promotion will still be just as poor as it is now. Just look at Fanfare. At it's release it had been months since their last title, Fake & True and what happened with that? A near b-side quality song that got 0 push from warner or jyp. Or MM we got a 5 year old song.

No, I think jyp sealed Twice fate over the last 2-3 months coming out of MM. the treatment of the fans, management of the group and response form the company needed to be clear in that time but what we got was probably the worst thing they could have done.

Doubling down on bad decisions, overlapping comebacks, scam albums, needless low effort merch and forcing once to humiliate Twice with protest truck through refusal to act...

The unbelievable arrogance a company must have to think they can do garbage like this on the back of their groups lowest effort comeback ever and still maintain fans...laughable. I knew jyp was a complete egomaniac but this takes the cake and now the company and Twice are seeing the results....and well yeah less than 30k on Ktown, SponsorTwice banned, 75k index on Yes24, not charting on Tower Records.....yeah, not good, not good.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Well, with this comeback they’re gonna see the result of all their mistreatment and mismanagement. It sucks for the girls because they always give their best plus the comeback coincides with the 5th anniv. It should’ve been more meaningful. But as I’ve said, fans can only take so much.

Album sales are definitely gonna be low but I do hope the song charts well. The snippet from the teasers sounds promising but I don’t want to get my hopes up too much.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
lol, no "eyes" teaser again. So, basically, except for "anniversary videos" which are unrelated to comeback itself, schedule have zero meaning.

edit: instrumental is nice

Last edited:

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
lol, no "eyes" teaser again. So, basically, except for "anniversary videos" which are unrelated to comeback itself, schedule have zero meaning.

edit: instrumental is nice
The 'eye's open' teaser isn't due yet. the regular teasers happen at 00:00 KST which was obvi Mina today, but the eyes on the 19th represent the WITH Once Vlive which is happening at 10:20PM KST on the 19th(currently it's 19/10/20 01:23AM KST)

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
The 'eye's open' teaser isn't due yet. the regular teasers happen at 00:00 KST which was obvi Mina today, but the eyes on the 19th represent the WITH Once Vlive which is happening at 10:20PM KST on the 19th(currently it's 19/10/20 01:23AM KST)

Well, if you are right, that doesn't change much, since its more of an anniversary event, rather than comeback related teaser.

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
Well, if you are right, that doesn't change much, since its more of an anniversary event, rather than comeback related teaser.
Unfortunetely I am right and unfortunately it seems it is for the 5th year more so than Eyes Wide Open, since the first 'eyes' was annadvertisement fo this live.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
digipedi once again filmed really interesting and expensive MV for loona. I mean, yes, they are heavily overused, but now I'm interested to see what they can make for TWICE

Top Bottom