【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
I'm not expecting anything but I'm curious if there will be anything different to Jeongyeon's teaser with the talk of this being a bit of a continuation to M&M and her being the main character during M&M supposedly. As it meant nothing for the M&M comeback other than a different colour dress.

Going to assume no as creativity isn't JYPE's forte which is why we so far have had 8 straight days of the same teaser with some musical progression but we'll see I guess.

JYPE/Republic have actually done one or two things recently.

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
I'm not expecting anything but I'm curious if there will be anything different to Jeongyeon's teaser with the talk of this being a bit of a continuation to M&M and her being the main character during M&M supposedly. As it meant nothing for the M&M comeback other than a different colour dress.

Going to assume no as creativity isn't JYPE's forte which is why we so far have had 8 straight days of the same teaser with some musical progression but we'll see I guess.

JYPE/Republic have actually done one or two things recently.
So it seems that was a no and it just continued the same as the rest of the teasers lol.

At least now those member concepts are out of the way and we can get some real teasers in the next couple of days.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
So it seems that was a no and it just continued the same as the rest of the teasers lol.

At least now those member concepts are out of the way and we can get some real teasers in the next couple of days.

Yeah wasn't expecting it but still find myself a bit disappointed.

I'm not one for big stories or universes (the Loona thing just sounds dumb) but I wish we got more than 9 member teasers in a row again, all being the same other than the music changing slightly.

Seeing the hype go from the first one being released to now barely any discussion as we basically got nothing new for 8 straight days is why they struggle to keep momentum going from these teasers. It does the opposite job a teaser is meant to do by making people uninterested in checking out subsequent teasers. Stray Kids have interesting ones, Got7 had a cinematic trailer this year and even Itzy had a prologue kind of thing.

Despite having the most members Twice seem to be the only one in JYPE that get individual members teaser 9 days in a row with no variation. Waste.

I know they like to keep this uniform OT9 thing but it's a bit much.

Last edited:

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Yeah wasn't expecting it but still find myself a bit disappointed.

I'm not one for big stories or universes (the Loona thing just sounds dumb) but I wish we got more than 9 member teasers in a row again, all being the same other than the music changing slightly.

Seeing the hype go from the first one being released to now barely any discussion as we basically got nothing new for 8 straight days is why they struggle to keep momentum going from these teasers. It does the opposite job a teaser is meant to do by making people uninterested in checking out consequent teasers. Stray Kids have interesting ones, Got7 had a cinematic trailer this year and even Itzy had a prologue kind of thing.

Despite having the most members Twice seem to be the only one in JYPE that get individual members teaser 9 days in a row with no variation. Waste.

I know they like to keep this uniform OT9 thing but it's a bit much.

Yep, this loona lore seems a bit too much and sometimes really forced, but it does it's job - loona fans thoroughly looking through every piece of content for some clues\hints, writing research essays etc. Same was with BTS. It's kinda cringy when it's getting too serious, but I would like JYPE to adapt that technique at least to some extent.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Yep, this loona lore seems a bit too much and sometimes really forced, but it does it's job - loona fans thoroughly looking through every piece of content for some clues\hints, writing research essays etc. Same was with BTS. It's kinda cringy when it's getting too serious, but I would like JYPE to adapt that technique at least to some extent.

Yeah and for me it's really just about keeping fan engagement with the music side of things. Music is the most important thing and also the most effective way to grow/expand.

I know it's how kpop works but Twice more than most do too much not related to their music for me. How much time do Div3 spend on dozens of behind the scenes and reality shows it feels like every month, yet comeback promotional periods last two weeks. I know the personal touch is a part of Twice's charm but at this point in their career I don't see why they need so much of that still.

So much attention on the personal side of things just makes the group and fandom feel very insular

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
M&M may not hold on in the top 100 on Melon until next week, currently 93rd. So many releases entering the top 100 recently.

Think it will at most tie Signal and Feel Special as the shortest stay in the top 100 for a Twice title track (22 weeks) or probably just become the shortest at 21. Stronger start than FS but did worse in the long run.

2Ye5wrX.png

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
M&M may not hold on in the top 100 on Melon until next week, currently 93rd. So many releases entering the top 100 recently.

Think it will at most tie Signal and Feel Special as the shortest stay in the top 100 for a Twice title track (22 weeks) or probably just become the shortest at 21. Stronger start than FS but did worse in the long run.

2Ye5wrX.png

It did better than I expected tbh.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200

2Ye5wrX.png
It is what it is. Hopefully it'll stay until the new release. More&More was such a meh song tbh. I'm surprised it lasted this long in the charts.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
It did better than I expected tbh.

The last comeback was set up so well for another hit that even M&M started that strongly, shame it was wasted.

Main thing is after the chart change Melon is much harder to chart in, and post M&M Twice have I believe lost/stayed stable with Melon followers which is pretty rare, you usually have a constant increase even if small. So a lot of their followers aren't as new/active as they are remnants from years ago.

Hopefully JYPE can drum up some interest the day before or something. Some kind of promotion on TV/Radio would have been good in the build up to it.

Mamamoo are a strong digital group and their pre-release didn't even get 200k UK's for the 1st day. Impact of the changes are interesting.

Last edited:

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
The changes have sort of exposed some people. I thought it was mostly going to be idols that suffered and so far that has only really happened with 2 Chungha songs underperforming and both Mamamoo's pre-releases doing bad. It's interesting to see, I know BP did dogshit with Ice Cream but I'll give that a pass as Selena is a nobody and the song was in English and bad. Lovesick had a low peak ut has been very very stable so I think they and BTS have done well post change.

But Seventeen, NCT and SuperM have done garbage so far and really shows how reliant they have been on zombies as post change their UL's per stream have been so low that both NCT and SM aren't even in the top 100 on 24hits and 17 is already at 100 and fixing to chart out after like a day.

I think Twice will do a lot better than that as people are likely to check them out, the GP really in 2020 only care about a handful of idol groups(BTS, Twice, BP, MMM and RV) and the rest it seems no one even tunes in for.

I think Twice will top Melon tbh as the Refund Sister are losing UL's every hour and after this weekend if the MV doesn't stem the flow they will likely drop below 570-80k and same for BTS Dynamite fever after long long last has finally run it's course in Korea with them dropping UL's every hour now for the last 5 days.

The sole and only threats to Twice are imho are the song just being bad/not to Korea's taste like More and More(which is possible) or potentially Paul Kim rolling back the years and finally having another chart topper.

Tho on another note that is interesting post change is a lot of 'digimons' have struggle a lot compare to days yonder. Lee Hi, Akmu, Paul Kim, Punch, Heize, MC the Max and even the likes of Taeyeon and Crush. It's kind of interesting that digimon soloist are having a harder time than idols since post change only idols have topped Melon.

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
Sooo...no second teaser or even Japan release? I thought they might have a reason to change the teaser release time...but it seems like they had absolutely 0 reason behind it....what?

I honestly don't understand what is the thinking from jyp at this point. It just random acts right now. 1st week of October was spent hyping Better and 5th year before moving onto a drawn out period of essentially the same teaser for 9 days only to switch it back up to 5th anniversary stuff again and now finally we getting back into the week before d-day and they are just oddly moving around the teaser time slots...

It could have made sense if we got a 2nd teaser or something for Better(which at this point seems to just be forgotten) but without anything at 00:00KST it just seems like a random change up for no reason....

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Yeah, timing is weird, but that's ok. I liked the teaser.
Ofc, since it's TWICE MV everything is green screen, including "stone" table and silverware, but overall idea is nice.

Not really a fan of MV still photo teaser though, better keep MV sets as a secret I think.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Is anyone else kinda worried from what we got today?

Bad flickering in the video, poor low quality cgi and reused headband....

I wasn't worried until I saw news about MV production team lol.
Those folks mostly work on a really low budget. Which is pretty convenient since that what TWICE gets from JYPE recently.

I think APINK MV they filmed is a good example of what to expect. Really hope I'm wrong

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
I wasn't worried until I saw news about MV production team lol.
Those folks mostly work on a really low budget. Which is pretty convenient since that what TWICE gets from JYPE recently.

I think APINK MV they filmed is a good example of what to expect. Really hope I'm wrong

Yeah I was looking through their back catalogue is not super inspiring. I think they have some MV's with decent ideas let down by budget(companies fault) like Summer Hate is a really good MV for me but it was let down by low quality cgi and stuff like the trailer park set should have been built rather than digital and it would have made a huge improvement.
I also notice their videos all look the same and have a samey feel to them cos they overuse the same shots for all groups. Pan in on a Dutch tilt, cut to member beauty shot and quickly cut to a wide of the group dancing on a box set....rinse and repeat with a few conceptual/story scenes breaking it up. So all their group MV's are pretty much variations of the same thing.

Which isn't great since Naive had a style that relied on static camera's mixing in beauty shots and zooms to fake movement so their styles aren't massive different so it will be pretty much the same feel/quality as previous.

What I don't get though is how a company can build a whole ass barn/garage set for Itzy in the middle of nowhere but can't spend a few fucking bucks on some dinner plates and flowers for Twice....I mean everything on the table in the teaser is cgi and very very low quality, cheap cgi at that, it's not even trying to look realistic.
The scene is just them in a green room sitting in front of a table covered with a green cloth...that's it, that's all they did and said 'fuck it we'll add in some digital cutlery and a concrete slab' and called it a day.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Yeah I was looking through their back catalogue is not super inspiring. I think they have some MV's with decent ideas let down by budget(companies fault) like Summer Hate is a really good MV for me but it was let down by low quality cgi and stuff like the trailer park set should have been built rather than digital and it would have made a huge improvement.
I also notice their videos all look the same and have a samey feel to them cos they overuse the same shots for all groups. Pan in on a Dutch tilt, cut to member beauty shot and quickly cut to a wide of the group dancing on a box set....rinse and repeat with a few conceptual/story scenes breaking it up. So all their group MV's are pretty much variations of the same thing.

Which isn't great since Naive had a style that relied on static camera's mixing in beauty shots and zooms to fake movement so their styles aren't massive different so it will be pretty much the same feel/quality as previous.

What I don't get though is how a company can build a whole ass barn/garage set for Itzy in the middle of nowhere but can't spend a few fucking bucks on some dinner plates and flowers for Twice....I mean everything on the table in the teaser is cgi and very very low quality, cheap cgi at that, it's not even trying to look realistic.
The scene is just them in a green room sitting in front of a table covered with a green cloth...that's it, that's all they did and said 'fuck it we'll add in some digital cutlery and a concrete slab' and called it a day.

I am expecting Stray Kids level of MV (God's menu) since both of releases are full albums. I really think JYPE have to deliver or it will only highlight all the complains fans had about TWICE's MVs (cheap green screen, lack of creativity etc.), expecially in comparison to other acts within agency.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Changing the time of release for no apparent reason (it looks like that anyway) makes this promotion seem unnecessarily disorganised.

It's not as if Twice teaser periods are particularly long or complicated.

You don't really know what time to look forward to now. When I was saying that JYPE are too standardised randomly changing the time of teaser releases wasn't what I was hoping for.

I'm surprised the teaser isn't trending in SK yet (no.2 in the reliable Japan though)

Edit: Looks like they're sticking with this timing.

The lack of announcement of any b-side promotion makes me think that even with a full album we're still not going to get it. Did I miss anything with regards to that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom