【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
What do you guys think Twice members will do if they don't renew w/ JYPE? As you say they have barely been given any opportunities to do individual activities. They won't ever have to work again since they can easily live of what they've made already, but I still think some of the members would be interested in future careers in showbiz.

The way I see it Tzuyu, Sana and Momo probably have the best chances as they could easily work as models or actresses if given training due to their visuals and in Tzuyu's case also her massive popularity in Taiwan.

Maybe some members could also have solo music careers, mainly Jihyo.

Except for the fact that since about Feb/March of 2019 Niziu has all JYPE has been focusing on in Japan and used the hype and interest in his company solely given to him by Twice to boost interest in the show and doubled up with Sony, practically Japan's biggest media company, to launch them. Post Nizi starting the only TV op's Twice were given was to appear on that fucking show also. They had a massive pre-debut push, bigger than I've seen sans Produce groups in Korea.

And again the point is moot as that attention is exclusively focused in Japan, this non sense of 'global' needs to be removed from any and all discussion with Niziu. This is the part I took umbrage(rightly so) with as the only group truly giving JYPE a small level of relevance in global markets is currently Twice and Got7 in China/Thailand. The rest have done a fat total of 0 to be labelled as such.

Even amongst K-pop fans a market Niziu are targeting there's almost 0 interest at all. Nobody outside of Japan cares or ever will about J-pop...what's it been 15-20 years since anyone showed some interest in J-Pop outside of Japan?

Also any point on them doing well is moot also because of JYP. Let's assume all goe great and they sell hundreds of thousands in December and by some miracle also pull monster streaming numbers and go on over the next couple of years to sell 5-10 million albums....what difference does it make? JYP will still do as they always do and pocket most of the earnings and give them a bunch of cheap low effort comebacks and discard them like old trash when he gets a new pet project(likely his delusional US audition show lmao)

Also long rant but final point. JYP is in a position now prematurely. Something he and his company likely dreaded happening but it's upon them now. Once have pretty much stopped buying. The sales for Better are a result of a fed up fandom who have finally said 'enough is enough' and the 150k drop for EWO also reflects this and it's going to get worse form here....so what's that mean for JYPE? Well simple Twice might not be the cash cow they hoped for and it looks like he'll have to find someone else to endlessly milk in 2021...
Let's see how that works out, let's see how ITZY, SKZ or Niziu fans enjoy a comeback every 6 weeks or a tsunami of made in china McDonalds toy level of merch coming out every other weekend...let's see how long they last.
Maybe I didn't notice since I don't follow kpop much, I just knew they had a survival show that I assumed only kpop fans watched. It caught me by surprise because their pre-debut release didn't impress me, but it has become one of the biggest hits of the year,with thousands of dance covers by idols, youtubers and tiktokers.

But I agree that JPOP is not that popular internationally. Niziu will probably be more popular than most/all other JPOP acts internationally, but that will be due to their connection to KPOP.

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
What do you guys think Twice members will do if they don't renew w/ JYPE? As you say they have barely been given any opportunities to do individual activities. They won't ever have to work again since they can easily live of what they've made already, but I still think some of the members would be interested in future careers in showbiz.

The way I see it Tzuyu, Sana and Momo probably have the best chances as they could easily work as models or actresses if given training due to their visuals and in Tzuyu's case also her massive popularity in Taiwan.

Maybe some members could also have solo music careers, mainly Jihyo.

Maybe I didn't notice since I don't follow kpop much, I just knew they had a survival show that I assumed only kpop fans watched. It caught me by surprise because their pre-debut release didn't impress me, but it has become one of the biggest hits of the year,with thousands of dance covers by idols, youtubers and tiktokers.

But I agree that JPOP is not that popular internationally. Niziu will probably be more popular than most/all other JPOP acts internationally, but that will be due to their connection to KPOP.
Honestly I really have no clue. The marketing from Twice has been so focused on 9 or none for the longest time that the members have basically never hinted much at what solo careers or life after Twice will be like. As recently as Radio Star a month ago Jihyo even said Twice was the focus and that's where their interest pretty much are right now.

I really don't know if this is what all members want or if it's part of the media spin of Twice forever. To be honest due to how they have been marketed and how little individual brand power each member has it's going to be very tough post Twice. I can personally see Nayeon in a recurring role on variety like Hyeri, Hyori or Song Jihyo and Soomin. I think Chaeng would pursue less idol-ly work and step away a bit from mainstream stuff...other than that I'm unsure.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Recent investment report pretty much says how it is - Twice are the cash cow whilst they look to others for growth and to expand globally. Use Twice's current popularity to get their foot in the door in Japan (Nizi) and the west (SKz, Itzy) while milking and essentially destroying the fandom in the process. Got7 members at least do solo stuff with long term paths for multiple members already in play.

Think about it.

Twice had their debut in a dying label, got worked to the bone to rebuild it and at a time they should be enjoying the pay-off with big scale comebacks and established pathways to long term careers, they're in a position where they're losing their gp relevance/fandom at a massive rate whilst just being used as a stepping stone. Most other groups in the label can afford to do barely anything all year at the expense of Twice. Straykids are the only other ones that do a lot but they at least get top quality content and investment along with it.

Dislike how things have turned out so much.

Aqed5mh.png
Man, they are bragging about cutting costs by 57% out there.
Man, I am ......really......I can't .

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
How are we not talking about the fact that he literally called Twice cash cows???
The MMA nominations really highlights the trajectory of the group in SK right now.

Gallup next month. Feel like the trolling is going to be untenable over the next few weeks.
It is what it is. Jype only cared about money so this happened. *insert all downhill from here by newfound glory*

I’m not gonna expect much next year as well tbh. 🤷🏻‍♀️

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
If JYPE cares about recovering TWICE career I think some kind of MADE project or Blackpink "Album" would be nice. Several singles thoroughout the year (digital only) with a physical release as the final stop in the 2H2021. As much CF activity as possible, as much public TV appearances as possible. Maybe some solo stuff during the year.
TWICE also can benifit from iz*one disbandment lol
Good songs and expensive filmed MVs ofc.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
If JYPE cares about recovering TWICE career I think some kind of MADE project or Blackpink "Album" would be nice. Several singles thoroughout the year (digital only) with a physical release as the final stop in the 2H2021. As much CF activity as possible, as much public TV appearances as possible. Maybe some solo stuff during the year.
That's a big IF. I doubt they're gonna do anything really worthwhile. Why would they waste resources rebuilding Twice when they can just milk their up and coming groups the same way they did to Twice.

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
I think the biggest benefit of that group disbanding is how hellish they've made life for K-Once over the last 2 years with constant hate, rumour mongering, taking over fan pages and board etc...So I think when they fuck off the hate and lies will die down and let Once be happy/at peace again.

April will be amazing time and it will be, if it's not to petty for me to say. an outer body experience of pleasure watching their fans cry and beg for more time as their shitty forgotten rigged group vanishes in the depth of nugudom and Afreeca TV streaming.

Though while Twice is domestically struggling and the fandom is hurting right now largely thanks to things outside of the groups control it's also worth noting Twice have never been doing better internationally. I mean not even close. They have doubled their numbers on most streaming services and are seriously killing it currently on YouTube.
I genuinely think if Twice comeback with a song as good as ICSM, get 1 or 2 TV spots in the US and have decent day 1 distribution with a Friday release Twice will chart on BBhot 100 and inside the top 100 on BB200 in 2021. How bad can it be to give it a go?

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
That's a big IF. I doubt they're gonna do anything really worthwhile. Why would they waste resources rebuilding Twice when they can just milk their up and coming groups the same way they did to Twice.

The way things are going I can see kpop agencies coming to realization soon that 2021 is going to be affected by covid-19 the same way 2020 was, so probably no concert revenues for one more year. Maybe that will force them to come up with something new. Not really sure JYPE is capable of adapting, but let's be hopeful.

fleur de lune

<3 Social Media
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭867,956
we’ve noticed there’s been some bashing going on in this thread about other groups. please keep the discussion on twice and try not to bring other groups into it. thank you.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
i really hate jype with passion, they really fucked up (as always) this is my rant after seeing BETTER sales LUL..

i know im not business person but i will believe even graduate students from shitty university in korea can do better management than them lets be real. THEY FUCKED UP BIG TIME.

i still think to revive their career still possible tbh ( missA and WG literally disband with Perfect all kill song) if only they control the appearnce of them in the tv or public exposure like they used too and GIVE GOOD song from good producer (like icsm) not zara larrson reject like mnm.

JYPE RELEASE realy confusing this year

TWICE = mnm flop song, icsm good song
ITZY = wannabe good, not shy flop song
GOT7 = nbtm flop song, (lets hope next tittle track is good) so far breath also flop song i think

SKZ = gods menu GREAT song, BACKDOOR is GOOD song ( SKZ HAS THE MOST GROWTH AMONG JYPE) they literally went from 200k pysical to 400k pysical sales and youtube views increased so much, their fandom increased little by little in korea and japan but their fandom still mostly from SEA (indonesia ph and my)

niziu = MYH Great literally hits in japan rn, i think step and step will doing good numbers but only bcs MYH hype, personally i think its decently good song, NIZIU is the second most growth this year

day6 = is a band so they didnt do much effect about company state, but zombie for me personally is a good release, even of a day is flopped i think.
JYP = when we disco is doing good in korea, but why you invest in yourself? you old man better stay as producer ffs, i know you can do better if you focus on your fucking group rather than promoting yourself, personally i will better you give when we disco to twice in june rather than zara larsson reject, idk about jyp and rain release song this year will doing good or not.

this shit is confusing. idk if its because of covid but EVEN fucking ITZY didnt even have much exposure in SK, if twice failing atleast they can focus on ITZY or something but they trying to fail both of them, its frustating and disgusting.

IMO, Twice career and the continuation of their contracts will be determined next year, i still have hopes but i will not expect too high from them because i think they will focus on SKZ next year.. this year i think SKZ has the most growth in all JYPE groups (also niziu with twice as sacrifice lamb lmaoo)

twice sales in japan IMO still can be revived with GIMMICKS like what jpop idols doing (handshake and some shit)

lastly, they need to add more staff who is talented to manage them, also stop pls with this cheapskate cost cutting with worldwide distribution, do you all even see the profit margin in Q3?? even fucking bighit lose to fucking jype in terms of profit margin, PLS LA JYPE dont be stupid, PUT MORE MONEY INTO YOUR FUCKING GROUPPS FFS, pay respect to group who build your shitty company to where you are right now..

imagine being twice members, constantly hated by kpopies, always become guinea pig for their company, always sacrifice everything for their juniors to shine (SKZ, ITZY, NIZIU) to be treated like this. i really hope they are okay tbh. (IM GENUINELY WORRIED)

no wonder they all physically and mentally tired (anxiety).

Last edited:

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
i really hate jype with passion, they really fucked up (as always) this is my rant after seeing BETTER sales LUL..

i know im not business person but i will believe even graduate students from shitty university in korea can do better management than them lets be real. THEY FUCKED UP BIG TIME.

i still think to revive their career still possible tbh ( missA and WG literally disband with Perfect all kill song) if only they control the appearnce of them in the tv or public exposure like they used too and GIVE GOOD song from good producer (like icsm) not zara larrson reject like mnm.

JYPE RELEASE realy confusing this year

TWICE = mnm flop song, icsm good song
ITZY = wannabe good, not shy flop song
GOT7 = nbtm flop song, (lets hope next tittle track is good) so far breath also flop song i think

SKZ = gods menu GREAT song, BACKDOOR is GOOD song ( SKZ HAS THE MOST GROWTH AMONG JYPE) they literally went from 200k pysical to 400k pysical sales and youtube views increased so much, their fandom increased little by little in korea and japan but their fandom still mostly from SEA (indonesia ph and my)

niziu = MYH Great literally hits in japan rn, i think step and step will doing good numbers but only bcs MYH hype, personally i think its decently good song, NIZIU is the second most growth this year

day6 = is a band so they didnt do much effect about company state, but zombie for me personally is a good release, even of a day is flopped i think.
JYP = when we disco is doing good in korea, but why you invest in yourself? you old man better stay as producer ffs, i know you can do better if you focus on your fucking group rather than promoting yourself, personally i will better you give when we disco to twice in june rather than zara larsson reject, idk about jyp and rain release song this year will doing good or not.

this shit is confusing. idk if its because of covid but EVEN fucking ITZY didnt even have much exposure in SK, if twice failing atleast they can focus on ITZY or something but they trying to fail both of them, its frustating and disgusting.

IMO, Twice career and the continuation of their contracts will be determined next year, i still have hopes but i will not expect too high from them because i think they will focus on SKZ next year.. this year i think SKZ has the most growth in all JYPE groups (also niziu with twice as sacrifice lamb lmaoo)

twice sales in japan IMO still can be revived with GIMMICKS like what jpop idols doing (handshake and some shit)

lastly, they need to add more staff who is talented to manage them, also stop pls with this cheapskate cost cutting with worldwide distribution, do you all even see the profit margin in Q3?? even fucking bighit lose to fucking jype in terms of profit margin, PLS LA JYPE dont be stupid, PUT MORE MONEY INTO YOUR FUCKING GROUPPS FFS, pay respect to group who build your shitty company to where you are right now..

imagine being twice members, constantly hated by kpopies, always become guinea pig for their company, always sacrifice everything for their juniors to shine (SKZ, ITZY, NIZIU) to be treated like this. i really hope they are okay tbh. (IM GENUINELY WORRIED)

no wonder they all physically and mentally tired (anxiety).

Twice need to just do something to get out of the monotony they are stuck in.

I don't know how it is for others but following Twice is not exciting or interesting like it used to be. Can't recall the last time I was pleasantly surprised or caught off guard with something.

Even seeing all these TTT videos annoy me - waste of time and they get less and less views as more are released so I'm not the only one.

I don't want to get any hopes up with what this is referring to but I swear to god if it's a JYP nation concert or something similarly inane I give up. I think the damage is irreversible but they can still slow the bleeding.

OMFG LUBBY GOT PERMABANNED ON AKP

Supposedly posted deepfakes? if true what a fucking twat and deserved.

A lot of cringe users on AKP and he/she was up there.

Last edited:

sanamana

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,100
Twice need to just do something to get out of the monotony they are stuck in.

I don't know how it is for others but following Twice is not exciting or interesting like it used to be. Can't recall the last time I was pleasantly surprised or caught off guard with something.

Even seeing all these TTT videos annoy me - waste of time and they get less and less views as more are released so I'm not the only one.

I don't want to get any hopes up with what this is referring to but I swear to god if it's a JYP nation concert or something similarly inane I give up. I think the damage is irreversible but they can still slow the bleeding.

Supposedly posted deepfakes? if true what a fucking twat and deserved.

A lot of cringe users on AKP and he/she was up there.

allegedly she slutshamed a mod and bp and then posted porn (gg member deepfakes) all over the forum

and yeah some users their are really cringworthy but never thought lubby would do something like this

shame though i really liked lubby and her threads about twice and their sucess and the fact that she was one of the only users who actively defended them form hate but slutshaming,posting X-rated images on a forum full of kids as well attacking users and groups is not acceptable behavior that i can defend

Last edited:

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
I had already stopped caring about the charting but it is a shame still that ICSM is starting to freefall a bit now on Melon. Hasn't even crossed 50k likes and is comfortably their least listened to song on Melon a month in. Didn't deserve this. Feel like it would have done well in place of M&M which had some hype behind it due to the break.

allegedly she slutshamed a mod and bp and then posted porn (gg member deepfakes) all over the forum

and yeah some users their are really cringworthy but never thought lubby would do something like this

shame though i really liked lubby and her threads about twice and their sucess and the fact that she was one of the only users who actively defended them form hate but slutshaming,posting X-rated images on a forum full of kids as well attacking users and groups is not acceptable behavior that i can defend

He had the odd okay thread but I still found a lot of it to be validation seeking.

AKP is full of BP and Twice fans doing that and it honestly makes both fandoms come across as incredibly insecure. BP fans still having a chip on their shoulder about Twice dominating the early years/being behind them, and Twice fans about the falling stature. Neither side looks good.

sanamana

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,100
I had already stopped caring about the charting but it is a shame still that ICSM is starting to freefall a bit now on Melon. Hasn't even crossed 50k likes and is comfortably their least listened to song on Melon a month in. Didn't deserve this. Feel like it would have done well in place of M&M which had some hype behind it due to the break.

He had the odd okay thread but I still found a lot of it to be validation seeking.

AKP is full of BP and Twice fans doing that and it honestly makes both fandoms come across as incredibly insecure. BP fans still having a chip on their shoulder about Twice dominating the early years/being behind them, and Twice fans about the falling stature. Neither side looks good.
yeah the validation seeking in that forum is just too much and weird to read

people are always trying to prove something to someone else

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600

I thought for a second that maybe end year tv shows may help ICSM, but than I remembered those horrible unlistenable remixes\arangement JYPE did for GAYOs each year lol.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
10 Million albums sales within 5 years is a pretty good achievement :)
The sales for Better are abysmal but expected. Honestly, Warner JP and JYPE are really hopeless.

Top Bottom