【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
An example of exra mile agency can go to get their artists on top

yeah that shit will be cool but rn is pandemic, i just hope 2021 will back to normal again and jype groups especially twice can hold concert. thats what i want for 2021. i just want them to earn money for their career.

btw if u see skz growth actually the best among 4th gen peer, i have feeling jype will prioritize skz to be next breadwinner after twice, rn lets just hope twice is respected enough and still release stuff after they are no longer company breadwinner.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Seems like it wasn't the case. Interesting choice by JYPE
Well, I never did they say that jype is good at marketing or whatever. Love the song tho and I'm glad they released it even just as a gift for fans.

Last edited:

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Anyone saw the Gallup rankings this year yet? It's a bit unusual since they divided it into two age brackets, probably because if it was done holistically trot singers would dominate the poll given the major resurgence of the genre in Korea. A bit surprised that Twice still made it to the top 5 which at least means that they still have popularity among the general public. Their songs didnt rank tho which is not a surprise but given the trends even from the past, you can have a bad year for releases then have multiple hits the next year. Hoping for the best in 2021 :)

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
yeah that shit will be cool but rn is pandemic, i just hope 2021 will back to normal again and jype groups especially twice can hold concert. thats what i want for 2021. i just want them to earn money for their career.

btw if u see skz growth actually the best among 4th gen peer, i have feeling jype will prioritize skz to be next breadwinner after twice, rn lets just hope twice is respected enough and still release stuff after they are no longer company breadwinner.
I dont think we can expect large scale tours for 2021 even with the vaccine. Maybe 2022?
Jype needs to be creative in promoting their groups. Hopefully they took a good analysis of what went wrong and right this year and improve on their shortcomings for the next year.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Anyone saw the Gallup rankings this year yet? It's a bit unusual since they divided it into two age brackets, probably because if it was done holistically trot singers would dominate the poll given the major resurgence of the genre in Korea. A bit surprised that Twice still made it to the top 5 which at least means that they still have popularity among the general public. Their songs didnt rank tho which is not a surprise but given the trends even from the past, you can have a bad year for releases then have multiple hits the next year. Hoping for the best in 2021 :)

Yeah, not the worst scenario for TWICE.

As for songs, gallup results, as usual, affected by interview period, so we have Lovesick girls being higher than HYLT or any OMG releases.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Yeah, not the worst scenario for TWICE.

As for songs, gallup results, as usual, affected by interview period, so we have Lovesick girls being higher than HYLT or any OMG releases.
And there’s really almost no fanwars cause gallup removed the individual rankings. Kinda expected a higher rank for OMG but I guess their brand is still not as big as the big 3 ggs.

Hoping that Twice will have better results next year.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Now that Melon have released streams and total UL's for a song I feel like Twice have clearly had one of the biggest drop-offs digitally ever.

HYLT came out a few weeks after M&M and has nearly 1m more unique listeners on Melon (3.8m v 2.8m). That's 1m users that have listened to BPs song on Melon and not Twice's.

Same story with LSG v ICSM. LSG has had 2.8m different listeners on Melon with ICSM at 1.5m, so that's 1.3m people that listened to BP's new track but not Twice's. The gap is just getting wider, with KTL and Fancy having the same number (3.9m each) last year. The rot set in with FS, which has 2.8m different listeners, so a 1.1m drop from Fancy.

You put those numbers into context and it shows how people just don't care to listen to their music anymore.

Cry For Me just hammers the point home even more, another release with minimal attention which becomes another song people don't care for, so carries on that perception for future releases, one of Twice just churning out music that you can skip. Maxed out at 70k listeners and has now stated falling off quickly. Their music just isn't anticipated anymore to the extent people don't even click on it to give one listen.

They've fallen behind so much.

Last edited:

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
The problem is domestic promotions lol but to be fair, I think they
Now that Melon have released streams and total UL's for a song I feel like Twice have clearly had one of the biggest drop-offs digitally ever.

HYLT came out a few weeks after M&M and has nearly 1m more unique listeners on Melon (3.8m v 2.8m). That's 1m users that have listened to BPs song on Melon and not Twice's.

Same story with LSG v ICSM. LSG has had 2.8m different listeners on Melon with ICSM at 1.5m, so that's 1.3m people that listened to BP's new track but not Twice's. The gap is just getting wider, with KTL and Fancy having the same number (3.9m each) last year. The rot set in with FS, which has 2.8m different listeners, so a 1.1m drop from Fancy.

You put those numbers into context and it shows how people just don't care to listen to their music anymore.

Cry For Me just hammers the point home even more, another release with minimal attention which becomes another song people don't care for, so carries on that perception for future releases, one of Twice just churning out music that you can skip. Maxed out at 70k listeners and has now stated falling off quickly. Their music just isn't anticipated anymore to the extent people don't even click on it to give one listen.

The problem is domestic promotions or promotions overall lol altho to be fair, as long they have a solid fanbase they’re gonna last for years. I want them to do well next year but I’m not gonna lose sleep if another group charts or sells better than them 🤷🏻‍♀️

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600

This year proved the point that cute "traditional" kpop type of release will hit big on this oversaturated girl-crush/mature/american pop kind of market, even on OMG level, but I guess TWICE is too wester-oriented now to try this trick.

Anyway, if JYPE will continue to give TWICE Cry For Me level of title-tracks, I can't be mad about charting.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
The problem is domestic promotions lol but to be fair, I think they

The problem is domestic promotions or promotions overall lol altho to be fair, as long they have a solid fanbase they’re gonna last for years. I want them to do well next year but I’m not gonna lose sleep if another group charts or sells better than them 🤷🏻‍♀️

Fanbases only get you so far, general relevancy will always be key, especially for a GG's longevity.

Even a bg like Got7 had their best selling release ever this year and for their next release which was a full album they didn't even get an MV teaser or any kind of promotion from JYPE. They're pretty much all in on Stray Kids at this point on the bg side 9and Twice are essentially one year behind them)

Now news has come out that Jinyoung is looking at acting agencies as JYPE essentially got rid of theirs and he clearly thinks he's not getting the opportunities he potentially can being stuck at JYPE. So there's a chance all Got7 members won't renew now and no-one would blame them.

This year proved the point that cute "traditional" kpop type of release will hit big on this oversaturated girl-crush/mature/american pop kind of market, even on OMG level, but I guess TWICE is too wester-oriented now to try this trick.

Anyway, if JYPE will continue to give TWICE Cry For Me level of title-tracks, I can't be mad about charting.

I didn't think Cry For Me was anything amazing so for me it's just another attempt to monetise as many things they can from Twice in a year. What's the point of these new concepts if they'll never properly promote any of it so we can't get interesting content from it.

JYPE seems to think multiple pointless dance videos is the way forward.

Last edited:

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
JYPE should have, imo, pushed CFM more on end-year shows. Instead of M&M, which is basically irrelevant now, both internationally and in Korea. In terms of sound, tropical house influenced tracks do their best in summer anyway.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
JYPE should have, imo, pushed CFM more on end-year shows. Instead of M&M, which is basically irrelevant now, both internationally and in Korea. In terms of sound, tropical house influenced tracks do their best in summer anyway.
Agree that they should have at least performed CFM. I'd prefer if they did what they did for MAMA where they cut ICSM and M&M and performed CFM too. I guess they can't not perform M&M at these year end shows since it' the title song of their album release this year and also the song which is nominated for year end awards.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Am I missing something? I thought TWICE should have had some kind of Japanese end year show performance on 29th but I don't see anyone mentioning it let alone some video or anything.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Am I missing something? I thought TWICE should have had some kind of Japanese end year show performance on 29th but I don't see anyone mentioning it let alone some video or anything.
they will perform at ABU festival with niziu and taemin

icsm stream is very good both spotify and YT views,
YT still 1,2m daily views..
Spotify still 700-750k stream
i have feeling EWO physical can go beyond 600k max, lets see future gaon monthly update until they give next comeback i have feeling that album will be like Feel Special, catch up to more&more within months.

seriously kcharts is the only problem they have.

can jype make huge comeback to twice song again??
seriously both missA and WG disbanded with PAK song, so i honestly think they can. also i hope jype give more lower cords to their title track like CFM and the girls can have their confidence in singing back again.

i really hope 2021 will be their year.. im curious with what future holds, hopefully jype still respect Twice

Last edited:
Top Bottom