【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
The second fandom are now claiming Cheer Up's most weeks record. Man, is a little bit of a shame too much to ask? Just a tiny bit man, at least put some * before and after the change thing, have some decency, how can people live their lives like this?

20 weeks+ on Melon used to barely be a once in a year thing, I think we've had 6/7 songs from last year (+ more on their way) with 20+ already. Dynamite will probably end up with 40 weeks plus, the inflation since the chart change is pretty crazy.

Bit of a tangent but I feel I've seen a clear shift of the Twice online fandom on places like AKP/Reddit and whatnot in the last 6-12 months, which is why the narrative these last few months with BP/Twice/GG's in general has been so one-sided and no-one really cares to argue them. The online fandom is now just littered with multis (a lot of multis that like BP along with Twice) which is obviously fine but they'll also happily put one down for the other whenever convenient. That's also usually Twice as they tend to be the token secondary group international fans have picked up along with concept stans that'll only care when they put out specific music. It is the new normal and Twice tend to get the bad end of the stick which is why you have some ridiculous narratives based on just the last 12 months. The amount of these fans are only increasing for Twice whilst the older fans get tired of the company so it'll only get worse and to a point where the narratives are completely controlled by one fandom

Last edited:

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

ICSM keep oblitarating all TWICE youtube records, all this just by getting rid of naive, if jype did that after wil era TWICE could probably be more close to bp and bts in terms of youtube streaming. Is also the 12th fastest kpop group song to reach this, barely 3 days behind bts dna that was huge for kpop back in 2017-2018.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200

ICSM keep oblitarating all TWICE youtube records, all this just by getting rid of naive, if jype did that after wil era TWICE could probably be more close to bp and bts in terms of youtube streaming. Is also the 12th fastest kpop group song to reach this, barely 3 days behind bts dna that was huge for kpop back in 2017-2018.

I think it's because kpop overall saw a huge influx of attention in 2020. We'll see if this has any positive gains for Twice if their album sales increase for the next comeback. Speaking of comeback, do you think we'll get a comeback on the first half of this year?

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
It'll take a comeback or two before seeing the impact. As good a Feel Special did in Japan we didn't really see anything change in their subsequent Japanese/Korean releases in terms of numbers (outside of Japan slowly moving towards more streaming) with sales actually down. I'm curious what the online concert will do.

Since Fancy, which is the most impactful song Twice have had for me over the last 2 or so years, a Twice title track has never missed out on the US spotify charts which is a pretty rare feat (only BTS/BP and TXT once I think have got onto this) and shows genuine long-term impact. It grew their relevancy a lot in the US/west so western kpop fans now check out their music on release.

For ICSM impact you're probably look at higher charting on US/Worldwide Spotify and more Youtube views. I don't think it'll impact the more fandom orientated numbers (i.e. physicals) or SK chart where it has struggled.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Parties to a contract are JYPE and those Chinese guys, not TWICE or SKZ. I don't think it means anything, honestly.
That's what I was thinking, but the article doesn't say for example JYP acts such as Twice and Stray Kids, but instead it specifically highlights it has digital distribution for Twice and Stay Kids and marketing and promotion for the two until 2024. This kind of made me think it's specific to these two grups rather than fully company wide since they didn't mention Itzy or Day6.

Now of course the obvious point to make would be JYP Entertainment owns the rights to Twice's music regardless of whether they resign or not so JYPE and this Chinese company could still distribute it long after Twice are gone should they so choose.
There was big chances of them resigning without this, now it's almost certain unless something happen before october next year
Yeah, I'm hopeful.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
I think you guys are reading too much into it, the translation I've seen was the below so it's just a general distribution agreement, as JYPE's last one ran out in China. I don't think JYPE/distributors will sign any kind of deal and not pinpoint Twice in a PR statement regarding it.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Twice are almost 100% to resign regardless since they're so successful as a group and the members barely have any individual activities to rely on

"members barely have any individual activities to rely on" - that's exactly why I'm a bit nervous about resigning.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
A whole online concert promoted for months being 1 single stage that was just a big screen playing random images. I hope the AR and HD quality of the concert did something because technically it was underwhelming, servers crashing in the first minute, I saw several staffs running in front of the cameras, poor stage production, ect.

The only thing saving jype and wmj is TWICE's talent, charisma and the bond they have with fans because both companies are so useless and fucking dumb, is crazy. Atp I'm just hoping for a miracle.

Kura Kura will show TWICE status in Japan right now.

Last edited:

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
A whole online concert promoted for months being 1 single stage that was just a big screen playing random images. I hope the AR and HD quality of the concert did something because technically it was underwhelming, servers crashing in the first minute, I saw several staffs running in front of the cameras, poor stage production, ect.

The only thing saving jype and wmj is TWICE's talent, charisma and the bond they have with fans because both companies are so useless and fucking dumb, is crazy. Atp I'm just hoping for a miracle.

Kura Kura will show TWICE status in Japan right now.

It's unfortunate that TWICE concert was that close to BP's one. The difference was too drastic, different leagues.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Really need a word with whoever is at JYPE and decides Twice's content.

Now vlogs? I've never seen a group avoid the public eye like Twice do when they're not promoting music these last few years. It was fine before as they came back more often with music that stayed on the charts weeks after, but with longer breaks and less impactful music every release I don't understand the plan here at all. It's either they've stopped caring for the GP or they're happy to see out Twice's contract with the least investment possible in the hope that the members don't have anywhere else to go.

Feels like any and all ambition/confidence has been sucked out of the members. All the other members of the big groups have established themselves in recent years, some good friends of Twice members, yet the Twice members themselves seem content depending fully on the group or don't feel confident outside of it so are sticking to their safe space. So you get your TTT's, vlogs, MV appearances for other artists, cover of other people's songs.

I don't think I've ever seen a kpop group lack this much..don't even know what to call it but ambition/confidence is the nice word for it 6 years into their careers.

Last edited:

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600

Now vlogs? I've never seen a group avoid the public eye like Twice do when they're not promoting music these last few years. It was fine before as they came back more often with music that stayed on the charts weeks after, but with longer breaks and less impactful music every release I don't understand the plan here at all. It's either they've stopped caring for the GP or they're happy to see out Twice's contract with the least investment possible in the hope that the members don't have anywhere else to go.

Feels like any and all ambition/confidence has been sucked out of the members. All the other members of the big groups have established themselves in recent years, some good friends of Twice members, yet the Twice members themselves seem content depending fully on the group or don't feel confident outside of it so are sticking to their safe space. So you get your TTT's, vlogs, MV appearances for other artists, cover of other people's songs.

I don't think I've ever seen a kpop group lack this much..don't even know what to call it but ambition/confidence is the nice word for it 6 years into their careers.

When Loona girls have way more gp visibility than TWICE it's time to start worrying lol. Idk why fandom is ok with that, honestly. I mean, back in a days there were some excuses at least, like "they are having multiple comebacks per year", "girls are doing huge tours", but now everyone is just silent.

Probably active fans now are mostly have been stanning for 1-2 years so they have no idea what promotion really means and how it looked like during CU era for example.

Idk, so weird.

Last edited:

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
When Loona girls have way more gp visibility than TWICE it's time to start worrying lol. Idk why fandom is ok with that, honestly. I mean, back in a days there were some excuses at least, like "they are having multiple comebacks per year", "girls are doing huge tours", but now everyone is just silent.

Probably active fans now are mostly have been stanning for 1-2 years so they have no idea what promotion really means and how it look liked during CU era for example.

Idk, so weird.

The fandom at large is beyond saving. Mentioned it before but a lot of them care a lot less about music than they do visuals/personalities/shipping/youtube content and the like. Twice are the archetypal kpop group in that sense but those are also the groups that get cycled in and out as they don't sustain relevancy.

It's the musical/talented acts that sustain their GP popularity longest which is why they've had a massive drop in SK, as the company would rather milk the fandom whilst they can instead of showcasing any of the members talents to people beyond the fandom. With so many multis in the fandom nowadays as well they can happily get the musical/interesting/different content from elsewhere so are happy with Twice just putting out the vanilla fandom content to satiate that part for them. Which is why the people shouting "content queens!!11!" due to any random youtube series massively outweighs our side of the fandom that want different/interesting things.

Seeing all the other groups forge their paths and attempting different things whilst Twice are still stuck in gear 1 with what they do is pretty annoying. I don't know how the company look at Twice and think the one thing they clearly need is more youtube fandom content. I really don't.

Edit: I've been looking at the Melon followers count a bit out of interest and back in March 2020 Twice used to have 75k more followers than BP and that difference is down to 18k now (and closing a few k every month, they added 5k more in the last 2 months whereas Twice were down a few). Big change in fortune in SK where Twice only gained a net of 3k followers in the last 12 months, which is less than groups like Mamamoo as well.

Last edited:

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
The fandom at large is beyond saving. Mentioned it before but a lot of them care a lot less about music than they do visuals/personalities/shipping/youtube content and the like. Twice are the archetypal kpop group in that sense but those are also the groups that get cycled in and out as they don't sustain relevancy.
It's true, after the vlog announcement I saw so many hit tweets of fans celebrating the bare minimum shit jype has given to twice in these few weeks as some kind of big amusing thing and saying we are so well feed, onces is for sure the lamest of all big fandoms. The only fans you see worrying about the future and the girls solo activities are the most biased fans and akgaes

This moron

When an imbecile that keep pushing his dead career more than the potential of the biggest artist his company ever had is in charge of so many things, it's expected everything will go downhill sooner or later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom