【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Some of the preorder links are up now :) If you are in a good financial position and are able to afford to buy albums, please don't forget to preorder (i know we have month lol i'm just excited)

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭793,900
What are y’all’s prediction for the sales of Taste of Love?
Just over 6 months since their last Korean comeback but with two Japanese releases in between that gap (including Kura Kura being released just 4 weeks before Taste of Love). Difficult to predict the sales but I think 425k might be a realistic enough estimate. Not expecting sales from U.S. distributors to make much of an impact considering it's being sold for $30(!!) on Amazon.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Just over 6 months since their last Korean comeback but with two Japanese releases in between that gap (including Kura Kura being released just 4 weeks before Taste of Love). Difficult to predict the sales but I think 425k might be a realistic enough estimate. Not expecting sales from U.S. distributors to make much of an impact considering it's being sold for $30(!!) on Amazon.
Same thoughts. And even though other groups have been growing exponentially due to the global expansion of kpop, it seems like it has no effect on Twice at all. They've become stagnant.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Same thoughts. And even though other groups have been growing exponentially due to the global expansion of kpop, it seems like it has no effect on Twice at all. They've become stagnant.

To some extent Twice won from internationl market growth too, it's just that Korean/Japanese core audience declined. Basically, a replacement.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
To some extent Twice won from internationl market growth too, it's just that Korean/Japanese core audience declined. Basically, a replacement.
I guess this is true. Our chinese fandom is also small and not growing at all.

Kura-Kura 1st day sales is lower than Better's. I guess I'm not really that hopeful anymore, at least sales wise, for Taste of Love. We are definitely looking at the lower end of 400k for the first Gaon update.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Kura-Kura 1st day sales is lower than Better's. I guess I'm not really that hopeful anymore, at least sales wise, for Taste of Love. We are definitely looking at the lower end of 400k for the first Gaon update.
There's no need to worry that the sales are low. Single sales are down across the board for girl groups in Japan due to the pandemic.

How do the events compare between Kura Kura, Better and the pre-pandemic singles?

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
This whole ae-universe concept is hilarious and cringeworthy but that's the level of effort I wish I could see from JYPE at least once during Twice career

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
There's no need to worry that the sales are low. Single sales are down across the board for girl groups in Japan due to the pandemic.

How do the events compare between Kura Kura, Better and the pre-pandemic singles?
Point taken. And it also seems that the pandemic has more visible effect on girl group album sales compared to boygroups in JPN.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Point taken. And it also seems that the pandemic has more visible effect on girl group album sales compared to boygroups in JPN.
Yes. I don't know about kpop boy groups but the top Japanese boy groups aren't reliant on fansigns or other events. And the biggest kpop bgs like BTS and Seventeen are popular enough and their fans are so invested that they will probably buy (multiple) albums anyway.

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Bep with a rookie unknown girl group with barely 1/10 the resources a big company like jype has is almost beating jyp's production for itzy with a 3 weeks older song on korean charts, koreans really like bep production and can barely stand jyp production for girl groups. I'm praying really hard hoping that man is no included in Taste of Love title track in any form, he's a bad omen at this point.

Last edited:

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Bep with a rookie unknown girl group with barely 1/10 the resources a big company like jype has is almost beating jyp's production for itzy with a 3 weeks older song on korean charts, koreans really like bep production and can barely stand jyp production for girl groups. I'm praying really hard hoping that man is no included in Taste of Love title track in any form, he's a bad omen at this point.

The amount of boring, generic, bland, overall bad songs doing good this year is insane. OMG, Rollin, We ride, Next Level (!) - I don't think any of those could chart in top20 in 2016 for example. Both ASAP and Mafia at least has its catchy moments.

Anyway, it's probably just my personal problem and I'm loosing any interest in current kpop trends.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
Yeah, this unpredictable teaser schedule once again. Sure.
I'm irritated by it tbh. The most logical thing to do is drop the timetable first (like what most groups are doing) before posting concept teasers or whatever but that might just be me. This company or division or whoever decides on these things don't know how to sustain hype.

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
4 days without teasers, the fact that jype can't provide us with more than 2 weeks of teasers for twice not matter what could be mind blowing if we didn't know already their level of incompetence. And dropping a timetable 2 weeks before the comeback, they're such huge idiots.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
I'm irritated by it tbh. The most logical thing to do is drop the timetable first (like what most groups are doing) before posting concept teasers or whatever but that might just be me. This company or division or whoever decides on these things don't know how to sustain hype.

Well, we had timetable in EWO era and JYPE still managed to miss several teaser days despite them being scheduled and marked in timetable lol

Top Bottom