Yeddong

aglyol0.png

IT'z ICY has surprassed 10k copies!​

loin

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,030
wow they r selling really well for the first album. Did they even sell better than Twice?

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285
wow they r selling really well for the first album. Did they even sell better than Twice?
If you want a more in-depth observation/discussion about Itzy's physical sales it's better to compare them with all other gg's besides Twice and BP.

(From what I'm seeing of Hanteo sales)

The Best GG selling list right now,
1. Twice 2. BP 3. IZONE
4. Red Velvet 5. WJSN 6. GFriend 7. Mamamoo

From the looks of it, Itzy has already surpassed Mamamoo in sales and are will eventually outsell Gfriend pretty soon. WJSN latest album has sold 70k so that's what Itzy has to beat which they'll eventually will whether it be with this album or their next comeback. Basically, in less than a year the girls are on par with the top gg's and I can see with their next comeback they'll start selling on par with Red Velvet.

Not many people are talking about this but it's pretty impressive how they're managing to sell this much in just less than a year, proving they can hold their own and won't be in twice's shadow which was what haters were hoping they would be.

loin

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,030
If you want a more in-depth observation/discussion about Itzy's physical sales it's better to compare them with all other gg's besides Twice and BP.

1. Twice 2. BP 3. IZONE

From the looks of it, Itzy has already surpassed Mamamoo in sales and are will eventually outsell Gfriend pretty soon. WJSN latest album has sold 70k so that's what Itzy has to beat which they'll eventually will whether it be with this album or their next comeback. Basically, in less than a year the girls are on par with the top gg's and I can see with their next comeback they'll start selling on par with Red Velvet.

Not many people are talking about this but it's pretty impressive how they're managing to sell this much in just less than a year, proving they can hold their own and won't be in twice's shadow which was what haters were hoping they would be.
I mean just the debut album

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285
I mean just the debut album

But there's no reason to compare debut albums because Itzy got their first album with their comeback whereas twice actually debuted with their first album. And you can't even compare twice's first comeback sales to Icy because Itzy are just now building a fanbase with this comeback whereas Twice did just that with their debut.

That's why I mentioned if your trying to get a read on how successful the girls are doing physically it's better to just compare their sales overall to the current gg's that's not at the top in sales. You just can't compare Itzy to Twice, BP, or IZONE for sales because their cases are unique to their selling power.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

1. Twice 2. BP 3. IZONE

One thing I see lacking even though their sales have reached or surpassed wjsn, gfriend, mmm level is a dedicated fan base. Right now I still don’t see much of any organized midzy effort. This comeback they are still not getting any voting help. There’s no active sub team. The viewers of their vlive content is very low compared to their subscriber count. It looks like the casual following is very high (Instagram, Twitter) but Div2 will need to get a bit more creative to really convert more people to stans.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
One thing I see lacking even though their sales have reached or surpassed wjsn, gfriend, mmm level is a dedicated fan base. Right now I still don’t see much of any organized midzy effort. This comeback they are still not getting any voting help. There’s no active sub team. The viewers of their vlive content is very low compared to their subscriber count. It looks like the casual following is very high (Instagram, Twitter) but Div2 will need to get a bit more creative to really convert more people to stans.

Maybe reality show like Twice EPL or current TXT reality show?
Thats how everyone build fandom if fans are connected with itzy they will do anything to buy the albums but just like you said, mostly right now itzy is too many multis maybe div 2 need push itzy to get more exposure after they promote from overseas such as kcon they will do reality later to secure fans who only OG midzy.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
Maybe reality show like Twice EPL or current TXT reality show?
Thats how everyone build fandom if fans are connected with itzy they will do anything to buy the albums but just like you said, mostly right now itzy is too many multis maybe div 2 need push itzy to get more exposure after they promote from overseas such as kcon they will do reality later to secure fans who only OG midzy.

Multis are fine. I think these days u have a lot of multis for GGs vs single stans for BGs but they need to get them a little more engaged. Reality helps as you mentioned. The early EPL, TwiceTv vacation stuff was great. Twice was on a lot of variety too. Itzy needs to keep doing those between comebacks.

Even in the vlives, they can have them go outside doing different stuff. Dance/song covers (the girls said the company told them not to so far).

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285
We’re still a new fandom though, it hasn’t been that long since we got a fandom name... It’s going to take time to get a dedicated fan base. I think a year or two from now we’ll have that type of organized fan base but not having one now shouldn’t come as a surprise especially for a JYP GG.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
We’re still a new fandom though, it hasn’t been that long since we got a fandom name... It’s going to take time to get a dedicated fan base. I think a year or two from now we’ll have that type of organized fan base but not having one now shouldn’t come as a surprise especially for a JYP GG.

I hope so. I wasn't around in the early Twice days so I'm not sure what it looked like. My perception may be a bit skewed with how Iz*One launched with a big fanbase from day one. Although that's to be expected coming out of produce.

AegyoInTheStreets

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭18,675
the album sales should reflect a dedicated fanbase, but we still need dem subbers. If you buy physicals, you're dedicated. I'd like to know what % of people who bought ITZYs album are also people who buy Twice albums. That might be what's going on here. ITZY obviously had broad appeal and popularity among general kpop fans and general public, but if their hardcore album buying fanbase is a high % of twice fans, then that could explain why few people are stepping up to be subbers / fan news accounts / organized effort coordinators.

ITZY will outsell RV if you exclude their "a version for every member + grp version" albums probably with their next album. From then on the next step up (and real goal for JYP) is Blackpink.

ITZY is the evolution.

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285
I had lower expectations in the beginning when it came to Itzy's physical sales but man are they proving me so wrong. It's awesome to see them selling at least 1k a day. Anticipating 70k next!

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Gaon next update is atleast 30k i believe. 120k end of year. Really great for itzy

Top Bottom