【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Ktown4u was offering substantial discounts early on, and a lot of fan accounts on Twitter were promoting it for their group buys. Both Synnara and Gmarket were about 5K on Day 4 for FS preorders (Ktown4u was about 8K), and I believe both are hanteo certified as well.

im really curious where k onces usually buy.. withdrama?? are they stores with not hanteo certified?? we know twice always have huge margin in their gaon and hanteo numbers. im curious if that is global stores or korea stores usually global stores didnt really have hanteo certified unless you are target, amazon or barneys and fams.

anyway J once can now order from twice japan is also hanteo certified.. this comeback i think we will have spikes in hanteo number..
im confident jype will announce 550k preorder this time

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
im really curious where k onces usually buy.. withdrama?? are they stores with not hanteo certified?? we know twice always have huge margin in their gaon and hanteo numbers. im curious if that is global stores or korea stores usually global stores didnt really have hanteo certified unless you are target, amazon or barneys and fams.

anyway J once can now order from twice japan is also hanteo certified.. this comeback i think we will have spikes in hanteo number..
im confident jype will announce 550k preorder this time
I think the discrepancy is largely from the purchases of J-Onces. Some stores like Tower Records and HMV are now Hanteo certified as of mid-2019, and that has been reflected in better Hanteo numbers for FS. But there are still shops like Tsutaya, or the many smaller music shops that are not Hanteo affiliated. But I have noticed more and more shops on Amazon JP becoming Hanteo affiliated, so we should see the gap between Hanteo and Gaon decreasing.

Unfortunately, for US Onces, I haven't been seeing any pre-order options from places like Target, Best Buy or Walmart (or any outlets affiliated with The Orchard). For US Onces who are looking to save on shipping, if their purchases even count as Hanteo, I doubt it will show up in the first week numbers.

Twitter Onces I notice tend to go for group-buys- where they buy depends on the group-buy organizers. For M&M, i've been seeing a lot of group buys using Ktown4u, and places like Ktown and Synnara, etc. are starting to cater to group buy organizers and offering bulk rates.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Yeah it looks as tho if we're having any US distribution it will come some weeks after the initial release-unless new links go up on Monday for places like Amazon, B&N, Target, etc I doubt they will be up during the pre order period.

But a portion of Korean and Japan stores are still not Hanteo registered so I still expect some level of sizable difference between M&M Gaon and Hanteo.

Probably not the to the extent of the 220-ish thousand between Feel Special-but in the 9 months since release I don't imagine too many new stores have been added to the Hanteo family so it will be mostly driven by Once buying habits and if the J fans care about chasing down records.

With J Once on board Twice would annihilate the Hanteo and Gaon records easily-but from what I am told Japan fans are not really that way inclined. I mean after all we're talking about fans that can buy 650k on Oricon in a month for HH/BT...but Feel Special and Fancy combined have only about 250k after more than a year for one and 8 months for the other.

Regardless of J Once buying from Hanteo store things like the D1 record will be likely out of reach since I think usually Twice albums don't go on sale in Japan until the Wednesday of release week right?

Whisky23

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Regardless of J Once buying from Hanteo store things like the D1 record will be likely out of reach since I think usually Twice albums don't go on sale in Japan until the Wednesday of release week right?
Yeah, I usually see tweets from Tower Records saying the album is in store a couple of days after the MV is released.

Controlfreak

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,850
this time, the k-onces buy will be more dispersed because the special benefit in 6 place are different.
withdrama 3ver+twicecdplayer package set
synara bookmark 1 of 10
yes24 miniposter 1 of 10
hottrax postcard 1 of 10
interpark photocard 1 of 10
aladin printed photo 1 of 10
and gmarket,synara,ktown reveal sales

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Yeah, I usually see tweets from Tower Records saying the album is in store a couple of days after the MV is released.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too, so day 1 sales will be hard for Twice to top unless for some reason Japan Once buy imported copies which really doesn't sound likely lol.

Whisky23

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Just checked the official Once Japan fanclub website, since I remembered seeing them taking pre-orders. Yes they are taking pre-orders (Hanteo certified), but deliveries start in mid-June, so yeah, also not going towards any Day 1 / Week 1 records.

StayOnceForTwice

The King of Caring Too Much About Album Sales
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
I don’t think the first day and week records matter that much. So much of the distribution is left up to luck. Plus, Hanteo doesn’t account for all sales. I think the first month Gaon sales are much more impactful. And this comeback we have an advantage, a full month of sales as opposed to the one week we usually have. (The album is releasing on the first, while Twice albums are usually released on the Monday one week before the end of the month.)

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
I’m new here, so I have a question. When adding up total album sales on the google sheets page, Gaon and Oricon are used. Gaon I understand, it is the most comprehensive documentation of Korean album sales. However, why is Oricon used instead of billboard Japan? From what I know, Oricon only counts Japanese sales, while Billboard Japan counts worldwide sales for Japanese albums. Also, I’m aware that Oricon updates daily while billboard only updates monthly(but so does Gaon). Is this information incorrect? If not, why is Oricon more widely used to gauge Japanese sales?

NamieKnowles

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,085
I’m new here, so I have a question. When adding up total album sales on the google sheets page, Gaon and Oricon are used. Gaon I understand, it is the most comprehensive documentation of Korean album sales. However, why is Oricon used instead of billboard Japan? From what I know, Oricon only counts Japanese sales, while Billboard Japan counts worldwide sales for Japanese albums. Also, I’m aware that Oricon updates daily while billboard only updates monthly(but so does Gaon). Is this information incorrect? If not, why is Oricon more widely used to gauge Japanese sales?
Oricon has been used for all Korean and Japanese acts since the beginning. Billboard didn't start counting sales until 2017. Using Billboard (Which will have higher sales) while every other group has a more strict counting system is just a cheap way at attaining records. Also you have to make fair comparisons if possible. So Oricon + Gaon vs Oricon + Gaon

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
Oricon has been used for all Korean and Japanese acts since the beginning. Billboard didn't start counting sales until 2017. Using Billboard (Which will have higher sales) while every other group has a more strict counting system is just a cheap way at attaining records. Also you have to make fair comparisons if possible. So Oricon + Gaon vs Oricon + Gaon
I understand now, thanks for clarifying.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Also adding Billboard Japan is a little strange as it counts sales and shipments-but for whatever reason never shows any returns on those shipments. Like Gaon had RV at 180k in it's first month-but adjusted it to 130k in the next-telling us much unsold stock was sent back-in a similar way the total shipments of the single Vampire have added up to over 300k in it's first week on BBJP-but the single nearly 10 months later is still only certified gold...which this shows how unreliable and inaccurate BBJP numbers are.
So Gold being 100k and Platinum being 250k and the sales/shipments being over 300k...it should have a plat cert....which leaves us to conclude much like RV on Gaon they had a large amount of unsold albums returned....the issue is BBJP never reports that or fixes the actual number making it highly unreliable.

Where Oricon has daily, weekly, monthly and yearly charts giving us a far more comprehensive idea of how much something actually sold. The only 2 issues with Oricon is they only count Japanese sales in retail stores or shipped to Japan addresses and 2 another issue is they have a rather nebulous way of counting bulk orders.
Which isn't specified-so for example it's possible to buy 6 copies and only have it count as 1 sale on Oricon. It's just depends how the system flags it.

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
Also adding Billboard Japan is a little strange as it counts sales and shipments-but for whatever reason never shows any returns on those shipments. Like Gaon had RV at 180k in it's first month-but adjusted it to 130k in the next-telling us much unsold stock was sent back-in a similar way the total shipments of the single Vampire have added up to over 300k in it's first week on BBJP-but the single nearly 10 months later is still only certified gold...which this shows how unreliable and inaccurate BBJP numbers are.
So Gold being 100k and Platinum being 250k and the sales/shipments being over 300k...it should have a plat cert....which leaves us to conclude much like RV on Gaon they had a large amount of unsold albums returned....the issue is BBJP never reports that or fixes the actual number making it highly unreliable.

Where Oricon has daily, weekly, monthly and yearly charts giving us a far more comprehensive idea of how much something actually sold. The only 2 issues with Oricon is they only count Japanese sales in retail stores or shipped to Japan addresses and 2 another issue is they have a rather nebulous way of counting bulk orders.
Which isn't specified-so for example it's possible to buy 6 copies and only have it count as 1 sale on Oricon. It's just depends how the system flags it.
That really sucks. Trade offs either way. I’m grateful that Gaon works the way it does.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Nice and with 2 weeks to go still. Assuming all of these go out and the fact that we are missing a ton of stores numbers we will likely beat FS D1 numbers. Growth.

Whisky23

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Twice mentioned in this BGs vs GGs article, and particularly highlighted as the only GG in Gaon's Top Selling Albums of 2019.

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
Iz’One announced that they’re having a comeback in June too. They’re the only real physical album competition that month(since BP has a digital single). I’m putting my bet on More and More going over 500,000 in the first month based on pre-orders and trends from their other albums, but I wonder how much Iz’One will sell. I doubt they’ll sell the nearly 500k of Bloom’IZ since, correct me if I’m wrong, Bloom’IZ hasn’t sold any copies since it’s debut month.(I’m getting that info from Pepper’s chart and the reported first month sales from Twitter.) Maybe 350-400k copies? I really don’t know how much the circumstances that surrounded the release of Bloom’IZ pushed the sales higher. Thoughts?

Sana Akgae

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭35,725
How KINHO albums did IZONE have for BLOOMIZ? Is that a standard? And why GAON is not including KINHO sales in the CERTIFICATION?

Top Bottom