【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

StayOnceForTwice

The King of Caring Too Much About Album Sales
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
How KINHO albums did IZONE have for BLOOMIZ? Is that a standard? And why GAON is not including KINHO sales in the CERTIFICATION?
Bloom’IZ as of the most recent Gaon update(april) has sold ~456,000 standard and ~24,000 kino units. I’m not sure if kino is counted for certifications or not. If it isn’t, it’s because a kino album doesn’t really count as a physical release. It plugs into your phone and has stuff digitally. They’re a sort of cheap way to sell extra albums and boost numbers. Most groups don’t release kino versions. The ones I know are Fromis 9, Red Velvet, and Iz’One.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Iz’One announced that they’re having a comeback in June too. They’re the only real physical album competition that month(since BP has a digital single). I’m putting my bet on More and More going over 500,000 in the first month based on pre-orders and trends from their other albums, but I wonder how much Iz’One will sell. I doubt they’ll sell the nearly 500k of Bloom’IZ since, correct me if I’m wrong, Bloom’IZ hasn’t sold any copies since it’s debut month.(I’m getting that info from Pepper’s chart and the reported first month sales from Twitter.) Maybe 350-400k copies? I really don’t know how much the circumstances that surrounded the release of Bloom’IZ pushed the sales higher. Thoughts?
Hard to tell-their Chinese fans also contributed about 90-100 thousand copies also-but they had been saving/raising funds since November of 2019-much longer than the less than 30 day period they now have. Fiesta also reallly wasn't a hit in Korea, Japan, China, etc so hard to imagine they picked up any new fans either-they were also able to hold 3 fansign events during release week of BloomIz-something they likely wont be able to do this time which could lower sales significantly. Who knows.

As for sales-BloomIz featured on the Feb' and March updates-but not the April. In Feb the standard version had about 395k and around 55k in March-but none in April. Not sure why, my guess would be unsold stock-Wiz are saying it's sold out that's why-but that's not true. It's still in stock in Yes24, KT4U, HMV/Tower, Aladdin, etc so it's not a stock issue.

How KINHO albums did IZONE have for BLOOMIZ? Is that a standard? And why GAON is not including KINHO sales in the CERTIFICATION?
A Kino doesn't count toward certs I believe-I think it's similar to Exo Chinese versions so they only have 1 Million cert-but 6 albums that sold over a million.

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
Hard to tell-their Chinese fans also contributed about 90-100 thousand copies also-but they had been saving/raising funds since November of 2019-much longer than the less than 30 day period they now have. Fiesta also reallly wasn't a hit in Korea, Japan, China, etc so hard to imagine they picked up any new fans either-they were also able to hold 3 fansign events during release week of BloomIz-something they likely wont be able to do this time which could lower sales significantly. Who knows.

As for sales-BloomIz featured on the Feb' and March updates-but not the April. In Feb the standard version had about 395k and around 55k in March-but none in April. Not sure why, my guess would be unsold stock-Wiz are saying it's sold out that's why-but that's not true. It's still in stock in Yes24, KT4U, HMV/Tower, Aladdin, etc so it's not a stock issue.

A Kino doesn't count toward certs I believe-I think it's similar to Exo Chinese versions so they only have 1 Million cert-but 6 albums that sold over a million.
Yeah, the way released albums sell after the first month is a good indication of fandom growth. If Bloom’IZ didn’t sell any in April, only two months after release, they can’t have grown much. What were Bloom’IZ sales on Oricon? I can’t find them.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Pre-order option for US Onces. Not sure when the albums will get delivered though, and no in-store pickup options at the moment. But at least US Onces are starting to see more options (Hanteo certified) available.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
what is jyp problem not to release amazon pre order.. most SM and bighit groups already have that... how the hell did they expect their group to chart on fcking bb 200 if they didnt do that..

Last edited:

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
Pre-order option for US Onces. Not sure when the albums will get delivered though, and no in-store pickup options at the moment. But at least US Onces are starting to see more options (Hanteo certified) available.

Yeah, I've always ordered from this site for the past two cbs and I'll order from it again. They're usually fast but expect delay this time.

The cost is about the same as you'd get from the discount Ktown4u link as well, which is great.

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
what is jyp not problem not to release amazon pre order.. most SM and bighit groups already have that... how the hell did they expect their group to chart on fcking bb 200 if they didnt do that..
Have JYP released amazon pre-orders for previous album? I don’t think charting on the bb200 is that important, but I hope it doesn’t affect sales.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Yeah, the way released albums sell after the first month is a good indication of fandom growth. If Bloom’IZ didn’t sell any in April, only two months after release, they can’t have grown much. What were Bloom’IZ sales on Oricon? I can’t find them.
Yeah the number is sometimes hard to find as even on Wiki it's not right.
The March update for Oricon was 8,294 and the February was 39,447-they didn't feature in the April update.
So total sales were 47,741.

To contrast that ColorIz had 48,734 and HeartIz just 40,065.

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Yeah the number is sometimes hard to find as even on Wiki it's not right.
The March update for Oricon was 8,294 and the February was 39,447-they didn't feature in the April update.
So total sales were 47,741.

To contrast that ColorIz had 48,734 and HeartIz just 40,065.

feel special oricon and fancy oricon also didnt grow that much.. i wonder if japanese fans buy album from overseas than japan store.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
feel special oricon and fancy oricon also didnt grow that much.. i wonder if japanese fans buy album from overseas than japan store.
Very difficult to say. According to Wiz on Twt for what it's worth they claim a portion of BloomIz sales from Japanese fans were bulk ordered from Korean sites to boost Hanteo numbers, but also D1 numbers as much like Twice IzOne Korean releases are slightly staggered in Japan by about 2-3 days.

So I do think a small number of JOnce do order from Korean sites to help with day and week 1 records-but not a large number to be honest.
I think one of the biggest contributing factors was FS release date. During it's release just 2 months earlier J Once had Happy Happy and Breakthrough which collectively reached close to 800k on BBJP and over 650k on Oricon so that alone is just a lot of money for any fans to fork out.
The ticketing for TLJapan was also happening at that same time-again a huge dump of cash taken right out of their pockets...

After that in like October ish they were prepping for &Twice so it's easy to see why the legacy sales were slower to reach 100k for Feel Special...so it's very difficult to tell how much a Twice EP would sell in Japan if JOnce had a relatively empty plate-which even this time around they wont with FanFare.

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
Very difficult to say. According to Wiz on Twt for what it's worth they claim a portion of BloomIz sales from Japanese fans were bulk ordered from Korean sites to boost Hanteo numbers, but also D1 numbers as much like Twice IzOne Korean releases are slightly staggered in Japan by about 2-3 days.

So I do think a small number of JOnce do order from Korean sites to help with day and week 1 records-but not a large number to be honest.
I think one of the biggest contributing factors was FS release date. During it's release just 2 months earlier J Once had Happy Happy and Breakthrough which collectively reached close to 800k on BBJP and over 650k on Oricon so that alone is just a lot of money for any fans to fork out.
The ticketing for TLJapan was also happening at that same time-again a huge dump of cash taken right out of their pockets...

After that in like October ish they were prepping for &Twice so it's easy to see why the legacy sales were slower to reach 100k for Feel Special...so it's very difficult to tell how much a Twice EP would sell in Japan if JOnce had a relatively empty plate-which even this time around they wont with FanFare.
I mean, having only fanfare is a lot better than being sandwiched between two singles and an album with touring all around. Plus, Japanese once’s haven’t had much to buy in the first half of this year. I think more of them will buy More and More than Feel Special.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
I mean, having only fanfare is a lot better than being sandwiched between two singles and an album with touring all around. Plus, Japanese once’s haven’t had much to buy in the first half of this year. I think more of them will buy More and More than Feel Special.
Yes me too-I think 150k is likely but it wouldn't surprise me if they pushed close to 200k fingers crossed.

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
Yes me too-I think 150k is likely but it wouldn't surprise me if they pushed close to 200k fingers crossed.
Based on the pre orders from ktown, if the trend continues across the board I think we’re going to be pleasantly surprised.

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790

unlike some other companies out there, JYPE seems didnt give a fack about records, its just happen twice breaking records casually.. JYPE seems care more about money and song quality. thats why their MV since yes or yes was suck from lack of creativity like what is love and likey (feel special was decent tho).

i really want them have hanteo numbers but i think JYPE distribute more albums to non hanteo stores only.. idk why. maybe more cheaper??

Have JYP released amazon pre-orders for previous album? I don’t think charting on the bb200 is that important, but I hope it doesn’t affect sales.
i dont think its important, i know i might be reach but having your group charted bb 200 atleast some companies or fans will use it to mediaplay or bragging about MY FAVES was famous in America" i think it attract SEA and CHINA casual listener to be more aware that the group is doing well internationally

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Edit: Double checking. Total should be 84,467, based on the totals for each outlet.

Edit#2: Total on Ktown4u as of 2030KST is 75,465 (1,029 for the day). Assuming the Synnara and Gmarket numbers are correct, then the current total preorders for these three outlets is 84,908.

Last edited:

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
Edit: Double checking. Total should be 84,467, based on the totals for each outlet.

Edit#2: Total on Ktown4u as of 2030KST is 75,465 (1,029 for the day). Assuming the Synnara and Gmarket numbers are correct, then the current total preorders for these three outlets is 84,908.

Do you think we have a shot at 100k? I think it’ll be close. It has to sell around 2.5k daily to reach it.

Top Bottom