【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

KoeVek

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,185
That's true and I think we should keep expectations reasonable. But using WiL? and Twicetagram is sort of unreliable these days as both those albums long passed the initial number announced and that was late 2017 and early 2018 so Twice were still relatively unproven back then. We're now talking about a group that has 4 albums ver 400k, a solid track record of almost 0 returns in the last 2 years and it's been a long time since they had a release so I'm confident they will hit the 500k in the first month, at worst second.

I mean the media claimed 400k for Feel Special and it passed it and 530k recently for NCT and they hit 700k and many other groups too. These store pre-orders estimates are usually accurate these days.

Also on a separate point if Twice hit 500k they will become the only GG in history to have an x2 Plat in Japan and Korea. An amazing feat.

I just used those albums for references lmao. Yes. If JYPE announced 500k preorders im sure it will easily pass that, but i don't know if in the first month. That's why i said they will have 475-500k in the first month also considering how JYPE announced twicetagram and What is Love preorder numbers and in the end they ended up being slightly lower by like 10k in the first 2 month.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
100K from Ktown4u, Gmarket & Synnara. Seems both Synnara and Gmarket lost out on sales this round compared to previous comebacks.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
That's true and I think we should keep expectations reasonable. But using WiL? and Twicetagram is sort of unreliable these days as both those albums long passed the initial number announced and that was late 2017 and early 2018 so Twice were still relatively unproven back then. We're now talking about a group that has 4 albums ver 400k, a solid track record of almost 0 returns in the last 2 years and it's been a long time since they had a release so I'm confident they will hit the 500k in the first month, at worst second.

I mean the media claimed 400k for Feel Special and it passed it and 530k recently for NCT and they hit 700k and many other groups too. These store pre-orders estimates are usually accurate these days.

Also on a separate point if Twice hit 500k they will become the only GG in history to have an x2 Plat in Japan and Korea. An amazing feat.

i think physical sales on gaon already secured in the bag. i think they can hit 500k first month, but im really worried about digital. it seems GP still not used about twice new sound i hope its really catchy song,

such shame if twice digital always underperform since they are changing their concept to more mature now

munyuna

孟美岐 ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭80,835
could More&More (or BP) be the first girlgroup album in 5 years (3 if we count Taeyeon in 2017) to top Gaon monthly chart in June? i can't think of any boygroup with bigger/similar sales debuting in June so lmk if i'm missing anyone lol

i don't know if it's relevant but it's crazy to think that no women could top Gaon albums once in 3/5 years, this time can be a good chance for either TW or BP

well, SVT just confirmed for the 22nd

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Ow ffs. Why....500k...and still not enough. People have got a Gaon monthly with barely 100k...but not Twice...every time they announce a comeback....17 do the same shortly after....why?

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Ow ffs. Why....500k...and still not enough. People have got a Gaon monthly with barely 100k...but not Twice...every time they announce a comeback....17 do the same shortly after....why?

yeah it seems svt and twice always comeback at the same month bruh... anyway i really think 2nd full album will released this year somehwere in Q4. BTS will be on Q3 so i think still have chance this year to win gaon monthly physical

munyuna

孟美岐 ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭80,835

yeah i’m a bit sad too, not salty or have anything against 17, i just really think Twice deserves a #1 album. bloom*iz and now more&more are record breaking historical albums this year alone and both blocked by boygroups...:(

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
yeah i’m a bit sad too, not salty or have anything against 17, i just really think Twice deserves a #1 album. bloom*iz and now more&more are record breaking historical albums this year alone and both blocked by boygroups...:(
Yeah it's really unfortunate that 17 or Exo or BTS always seem to comeback with TWICE. I don't know why....it's annoying af to be honest.

I mean groups like Ateez with less than 130k can get it and Got7 with 330k but Twice hitting 500k potentially likely still wont be enough. Fuck.

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
The revitalization of JYP managment and once fandom is amazing, finally happened. I have see so many new fanbases from countries likes France, Germany or UK being created recently, also a K-Once account about streaming... in 3 years we really had none... yikes. Maybe is thanks to the increase in female fans?

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
The revitalization of JYP managment and once fandom is amazing, finally happened. I have see so many new fanbases from countries likes France, Germany or UK being created recently, also a K-Once account about streaming... in 3 years we really had none... yikes. Maybe is thanks to the increase in female fans?

better late than never this comeback really well organized by physical album order. its good that now some eu fanbase already rising.
i mean in the long run female fanbase are more better.. but in the past male k once also contributed a lot, they really move like female kfans in terms supporting twice.
its just they rarely contact i-onces. a guy doesnt really like seeing drama in the timeline i-onces usually make.

im also curious if twice losing some male kfans in korea since the dating news.. i mean by simple logic they should lose some fans but i think twice gain more fans than lose fans the preorder number is the prove.

StayOnceForTwice

The King of Caring Too Much About Album Sales
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
better late than never this comeback really well organized by physical album order. its good that now some eu fanbase already rising.
i mean in the long run female fanbase are more better.. but in the past male k once also contributed a lot, they really move like female kfans in terms supporting twice.
its just they rarely contact i-onces. a guy doesnt really like seeing drama in the timeline i-onces usually make.

im also curious if twice losing some male kfans in korea since the dating news.. i mean by simple logic they should lose some fans but i think twice gain more fans than lose fans the preorder number is the prove.
In the current Kpop market environment, I think most groups are gaining popularity. With the exception of Exo, every group from the big 3 has grown during the last two years. This may be caused by the expansion of the western market as a viable place to keep groups popular. It’s hard to say when the third gen groups will peak, but I’m pretty sure that Twice will continue to grow for at least a couple more comebacks.

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Bruh honestly im shocked. Looks like my prediction is going to be real 550k first month lets go.

StayOnceForTwice

The King of Caring Too Much About Album Sales
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
Bruh honestly im shocked. Looks like my prediction is going to be real 550k first month lets go.
I would be surprised if it was that low. If you look at FS Hanteo sales, they got ~60k on the first day and ~150k in the first week. If you round down and say that first week sales are double first day sales, More and More should get ~548k sales (first day sales are ~274k rn). And historically, only around half of Twice’s sales are documented on Hanteo due to untracked Japanese and other foreign country sales. If we again round down and say that 2/3 of this comeback will be counted on Hanteo, based on only first week data, the first Gaon report should read ~822k sales. This figure is very conservative, and it may not be accurate due to the odd nature of some of the pre orders. However, it roughly shows that the Gaon sales for this comeback should be insane and record breaking. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, now go stream More and More!

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
And all those are online sales, also japanese sales in hanteo start in sunday, let's wait for today sales and see what is the future for More and More.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Hmm I wonder if it can pick up digitally, the top tracks are so established and boxed in right now.

If it doesn't manage to gain a bit of a footing it's going to get washed when all the new releases drop in the coming days, which will drop it back on the real time charts, which even if for a day will be hard to build back up similarly to how Feel Special couldn't recover (AKMU's release coming out the day after dropped it on every chart) as it didn't click well enough at the start so people sort of forgot about it (though based on first day this did much better, 700k in the current charting climate very solid and shows people were anticipating Twice after such a long time).

Todays UL's will be pretty important as you're currently looking at a 200k difference to Non-stop in 4th and if that decreases anything substantial it doesn't bode well.

Last edited:

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Hmm I wonder if it can pick up digitally, the top tracks are so established and boxed in right now.

If it doesn't manage to gain a bit of a footing it's going to get washed when all the new releases drop in the coming days, which will drop it back on the real time charts, which even if for a day will be hard to build back up similarly to how Feel Special couldn't recover (AKMU's release coming out the day after dropped it on every chart) as it didn't click well enough at the start so people sort of forgot about it (though based on first day this did much better, 700k in the current charting climate very solid and shows people were anticipating Twice after such a long time).

Todays UL's will be pretty important as you're currently looking at a 200k difference to Non-stop in 4th and if that decreases anything substantial it doesn't bode well.
Do you know what the uls are for Non stop?

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Do you know what the uls are for Non stop?

OMG had 376k yesterday: https://xn--o39an51b2re.com/melon/dcount/32559781/
Twice had 580k: https://xn--o39an51b2re.com/melon/dcount/32636656/

But just looked at Melon now and the cumulative 24 hours for More and More is 473k and that will drop later into the night more, so Twice are going to lose more than a 100k tomorrow at least. Hmm.

Will need to see if the promotion period helps otherwise I see it dropping behind Non-stop in a few days, and then you have new releases as well.

Reactions: zai

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
I think digitally more and more will have same pace like fancy. Its not bad tbh lets wait for gaon digital index. K once really worked so hard tbh despite the song have mixed reviews lets see if it can stablr or rise after promotion if the song is not rising it seems koreans didnt vibe with the song but they are really anticipated a lot by general public.

2nd day sales seems pretty low i thought they were going to cross 300k. I think first week will be similiar like izone but still cross the records but gaon update will be 500-550k first month really hope it can touch 600k until next comeback

Top Bottom