【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
OMG had 376k yesterday: https://xn--o39an51b2re.com/melon/dcount/32559781/
Twice had 580k: https://xn--o39an51b2re.com/melon/dcount/32636656/

But just looked at Melon now and the cumulative 24 hours for More and More is 473k and that will drop later into the night more, so Twice are going to lose more than a 100k tomorrow at least. Hmm.

Will need to see if the promotion period helps otherwise I see it dropping behind Non-stop in a few days, and then you have new releases as well.
Hmm. Yeah maybe. But 100k drop could happen or not?

I mean at this point for the last 3 hurs it's stabilized in around mid 470's to high 460's and consistently fighting for 3rd and 4th spot so it may be likely tmr it becomes stable around the mid 400's also.

The fact that it's stayed relatively solid for the last few hours may indicate they stopped the bleed. Judging by the graph and the massive drop between 8-12 this morning it seems that's where the bulk or listeners were lost and for the rest of the day it's been sort of solid.

I mean it could drop another 100k-but it also may not....given it's holding very solid on Genie also indicates the song wasn't just hype and now is in free fall....I think it lost a huge number of UL's early this morning and late last night due to it being a bit of a hit or miss for most people.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
I think digitally more and more will have same pace like fancy. Its not bad tbh lets wait for gaon digital index. K once really worked so hard tbh despite the song have mixed reviews lets see if it can stablr or rise after promotion if the song is not rising it seems koreans didnt vibe with the song but they are really anticipated a lot by general public.

2nd day sales seems pretty low i thought they were going to cross 300k. I think first week will be similiar like izone but still cross the records but gaon update will be 500-550k first month really hope it can touch 600k until next comeback

Time will tell.

Honestly even looking at the Spotify update just now there's not much of a jump to Feel Special so in that sense does feel fairly stagnant (though it's my favorite mini so not too fussed) - guess in the back of my mind I was hoping this could be bit of a small breakout and whilst I think this release has shown that the fandom has grown, it doesn't look like the song has hooked many people domestically (look at melon and whatnot), abroad (looking at Spotify) or in the fandom (seems to be the most polarising title since Signal) which is a bit disappointing after a 9 month wait. They had all these grammy nominees and whatnot working on the title so I had high expectations (and personally the title track is probably the 4th best song on the mini)

Maybe the current climate with everything going on in the world is making comparisons more difficult I don't know.

FS has 250k Spotify streams second day last year, More and More has 207K in the US. I feel like Fancy gave FS a good boost but they haven't managed to build on it in the West.

Globally FS had 856,775 first day and 1,143,414 2nd day, compared to More and More having 1,116,475 first day and 1,295,677 second day so the jump hasn't been as big between first and second. You've gone from a 300k jump to a 180k jump and the second day is usually the peak so I don't think it'll be hitting any Spotify milestone much quicker than FS (i.e. 100m streams)

Saying that with the promotion period starting tomorrow it could change and do well longevity wise. Time will tell and I'm probably being a bit of a doomsayer but I don't think this comeback will do much for future growth. In hindsight doesn't feel like the right pick for a title track which is a shame as that's what most people remmeber.

Last edited:

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Hmm. Yeah maybe. But 100k drop could happen or not?

I mean at this point for the last 3 hurs it's stabilized in around mid 470's to high 460's and consistently fighting for 3rd and 4th spot so it may be likely tmr it becomes stable around the mid 400's also.

The fact that it's stayed relatively solid for the last few hours may indicate they stopped the bleed. Judging by the graph and the massive drop between 8-12 this morning it seems that's where the bulk or listeners were lost and for the rest of the day it's been sort of solid.

I mean it could drop another 100k-but it also may not....given it's holding very solid on Genie also indicates the song wasn't just hype and now is in free fall....I think it lost a huge number of UL's early this morning and late last night due to it being a bit of a hit or miss for most people.

I think 100k+ is likely as you still have around another 12 hours of tracking. Aloha is stable at around 520k so it will drop to 4th on the Daily Chart when it next updates.

If it can maintain around 430-450k it will be enough to keep it in 4th for a while I'd think unless a new release comes out and does pretty well. Hopefully the promotion from tomorrow can stabilise it further, maybe add some.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
I think 100k+ is likely as you still have around another 12 hours of tracking. Aloha is stable at around 520k so it will drop to 4th on the Daily Chart when it next updates.

If it can maintain around 430-450k it will be enough to keep it in 4th for a while I'd think unless a new release comes out and does pretty well. Hopefully the promotion from tomorrow can stabilise it further, maybe add some.
Yes, but isn't it also true in those remaining 12 hours it can stagnate or even rise in UL's and not only go down. So it's possible very little will change in terms of UL's over the next few hours hopefully.

But imho this song is probably Twice's weakest title track to date. It's just not as catchy as it needed to be and the arrangement is very poor-why the dance break instrumental was included in the digital track is bizarre to me-I mean without them actually dancing to it the break adds nothing to the listening experience and to chase that with a rap that, imho, doesn't work only to jump immediately back into the chorus...it just doesn't work at all so if the song goes down even further on the charts it also wouldn't be a surprise to me.

This is what happens tho when you have a song arranged by someone whos really out of touch and the song produced by people who have 0 experience in the Korean music market.

Call it extreme....but for me JYPE should immediately start planning for a re-pack possibly in mid to late August with a song much much more like what people are used to hearing from TWICE.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Yes, but isn't it also true in those remaining 12 hours it can stagnate or even rise in UL's and not only go down. So it's possible very little will change in terms of UL's over the next few hours hopefully.

But imho this song is probably Twice's weakest title track to date. It's just not as catchy as it needed to be and the arrangement is very poor-why the dance break instrumental was included in the digital track is bizarre to me-I mean without them actually dancing to it the break adds nothing to the listening experience and to chase that with a rap that, imho, doesn't work only to jump immediately back into the chorus...it just doesn't work at all so if the song goes down even further on the charts it also wouldn't be a surprise to me.

This is what happens tho when you have a song arranged by someone whos really out of touch and the song produced by people who have 0 experience in the Korean music market.

Call it extreme....but for me JYPE should immediately start planning for a re-pack possibly in mid to late August with a song much much more like what people are used to hearing from TWICE.

Chill, the song is not that bad but not great either. Its just OK for summer, even JYP didnt arrange the girls also said JYP will be the director anyway..

Idk so many factor why digital really is not as used pre fancy.
I guess it was great run though 9 consecutive hits.

i think Twice really move like boygroup now, JYP not aim to please public listener, they will aim what makes twice still growth out of their safe image so new fans will come.

I think as long as the fandom growth and physical still keep higher they will still doing song like this.. i just hope they will have their break out song like cheer up but in Twice 2.0 era.

lets hope full album will be better song than more and more

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150

Small rant/thoughts:

I think this was Twice's most important comeback since TT. Before TT everyone was saying they're are a one-hit wonder, no talent, lucky with CU, they'll never follow it up well etc and then TT comes and destroys not only SK but a lot of Asia as well, especially Japan. It cemented them as the top GG above Gf and the rest is history.

With this comeback, you had 9 months of planning. I don't think I've see such an anticipated Twice comeback, a 9 month break which is their longest ever, the first in over a year with all 9 members. In that time you had Iz breaking the physicals record, you had MM and RV come out with Hip/Psycho that both ended up outperforming Fancy domestically, you had BP cfans raising crazy amounts to also rival Twice's sales. You had the dating "scandal" and a few others issues as well. Their first release since signing with a major US label, people talking about them changing their sound. I think that anticipation was shown with the album sales first day, the views/streams/all of that in the first few hours. Even in SK after a miss with Feel Special domestically, they pulled off the best UL debut of any group this year which shows the GP were also anticipating Twice after such a long time out. But for the first time in a long time they couldn't deliver on the title which is the crux of any comeback.

It's not their fault, and I agree it's why I don't like western producers being involved as they tend to just use rejected beats. I think it's obvious this song/beat was made for Zara Larsson which is why she has credits for it (Zara larsson isn't willingly working on helping produce a Twice title track lets be real), but she eventually passed hence it ended up with Twice. They threw in some Twice/kpop mannerisms to make it kpop (the shouting during the chorus, dance break and rap break) and that was that, which is why the arrangement sound off. In the end you're left with a product not really made for the domestic crowd or the international crowd, they tried to get the best of both worlds and didn't succeed. It just didn't seem like the title had the care and attention it should have had, especially for this comeback. Multiple grammy nominees working on the title track and that's the end product?

it's not my least favourite Twice title so there's that, I just think it's average and this comeback had to be more than that for growth purposes, as there was a lot of hype and it didn't live up to it. It just dampens the hype of a comeback from the off if no-one is really liking the song. Saying that I love most of the b-sides and I'm happy for them to try as many genres as they want as I like most, I just need the song to be better and have more care. Even the MV prop that was so obviously plagiarised and has now been called out by the artist, how did no-one realise? Months of waiting and we get a rejected song and a plagiarised MV set.

I feel like the title song needs a viral moment or something to pick itself up though but I don't know where it's coming from, I haven't heard it doing particularly well in any one country or any other viral like moments. I don't what they were doing when they decided on the tik-tok dance challenge so it's most likely not going to be that. Because something that complicated with 9 member formations isn't what tik-tok dance challenges are about, they're meant to be simple that you can do on your own (another odd decision with this comeback)

Sounds a bit dramatic and whiny but I needed the rant. After 9 months of waiting and the hype building I was really hoping they'd smash it out of the park.

Last edited:

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Small rant/thoughts:

I think this was Twice's most important comeback since TT. Before TT everyone was saying they're are a one-hit wonder, no talent, lucky with CU, they'll never follow it up well etc and then TT comes and destroys not only SK but a lot of Asia as well, especially Japan. It cemented them as the top GG above Gf and the rest is history.

With this comeback, you had 9 months of planning. I don't think I've see such an anticipated Twice comeback, a 9 month break which is their longest ever, the first in over a year with all 9 members. In that time you had Iz breaking the physicals record, you had MM and RV come out with Hip/Psycho that both ended up outperforming Fancy domestically, you had BP cfans raising crazy amounts to also rival Twice's sales. You had the dating "scandal" and a few others issues as well. Their first release since signing with a major US label, people talking about them changing their sound. I think that anticipation was shown with the album sales first day, the views/streams/all of that in the first few hours. Even in SK after a miss with Feel Special domestically, they pulled off the best UL debut of any group this year which shows the GP were also anticipating Twice after such a long time out. But for the first time in a long time they couldn't deliver on the title which is the crux of any comeback.

It's not their fault, and I agree it's why I don't like western producers being involved as they tend to just use rejected beats. I think it's obvious this song/beat was made for Zara Larsson which is why she has credits for it (Zara larsson isn't willingly working on helping produce a Twice title track lets be real), but she eventually passed hence it ended up with Twice. They threw in some Twice/kpop mannerisms to make it kpop (the shouting during the chorus, dance break and rap break) and that was that, which is why the arrangement sound off. In the end you're left with a product not really made for the domestic crowd or the international crowd, they tried to get the best of both worlds and didn't succeed. It just didn't seem like the title had the care and attention it should have had, especially for this comeback. Multiple grammy nominees working on the title track and that's the end product?

it's not my least favourite Twice title so there's that, I just think it's average and this comeback had to be more than that for growth purposes, as there was a lot of hype and it didn't live up to it. It just dampens the hype of a comeback from the off if no-one is really liking the song. Saying that I love most of the b-sides and I'm happy for them to try as many genres as they want as I like most, I just need the song to be better and have more care. Even the MV prop that was so obviously plagiarised and has now been called out by the artist, how did no-one realise? Months of waiting and we get a rejected song and a plagiarised MV set.

I feel like the title song needs a viral moment or something to pick itself up though but I don't know where it's coming from, I haven't heard it doing particularly well in any one country or any other viral like moments. I don't what they were doing when they decided on the tik-tok dance challenge so it's most likely not going to be that. Because something that complicated with 9 member formations isn't what tik-tok dance challenges are about, they're meant to be simple that you can do on your own (another odd decision with this comeback)

Sounds a bit dramatic and whiny but I needed the rant. After 9 months of waiting and the hype building I was really hoping they'd smash it out of the park.

you deserve to rant yes but i think its still premature to decide if it is a flop song or not, i mean feel special was flopped in korea by twice standard but that song CAN make fandom grow and more bigger, more and more preorder is th prove, i think we can see if more and more give twice impact or not when we see the pre orders of next album, and how big the hype on the next album.

to say more and more rejected song is a bit reach to be honest.. lets be real, jype pillars is Twice, they didnt want their #1 moneymaker flop, it will be bad for business perspective.. they definitely try the best. but the approach kinda lazy i think. proved by how lazy jype didnt cross check the MV now they will add some money to settle the issue..

i guess, jype also having so many internal problem they seriously need to invest more increasing their staff etc. we see jype always been the most profit even beat giant like SM, they really cut the cost so much.. they didnt want to take risk also by giving worldwide preorder. they still didnt have any partnership with amazon, target, etc.

i think i will just enjoy the comeback content they give. the promotion actually really good dahyun even went to be weather girl and they go to interesting variety show.

tldr: if the preorder next comeback didnt have any big difference more and more didnt have any impact to make twice fandom grow more bigger. lets wait a bit before ranting

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
you deserve to rant yes but i think its still premature to decide if it is a flop song or not, i mean feel special was flopped in korea by twice standard but that song CAN make fandom grow and more bigger, more and more preorder is th prove, i think we can see if more and more give twice impact or not when we see the pre orders of next album, and how big the hype on the next album.

to say more and more rejected song is a bit reach to be honest.. lets be real, jype pillars is Twice, they didnt want their #1 moneymaker flop, it will be bad for business perspective.. they definitely try the best. but the approach kinda lazy i think. proved by how lazy jype didnt cross check the MV now they will add some money to settle the issue..

i guess, jype also having so many internal problem they seriously need to invest more increasing their staff etc. we see jype always been the most profit even beat giant like SM, they really cut the cost so much.. they didnt want to take risk also by giving worldwide preorder. they still didnt have any partnership with amazon, target, etc.

i think i will just enjoy the comeback content they give. the promotion actually really good dahyun even went to be weather girl and they go to interesting variety show.

tldr: if the preorder next comeback didnt have any big difference more and more didnt have any impact to make twice fandom grow more bigger. lets wait a bit before ranting

I agree it's premature and just based on the numbers I've seen since release, I as much as any other Twice fan want the song to pick up somehow and become a hit. I actually enjoy it more then some other Twice titles that have become bigger hits. I guess after 9 months and all the anticipation/hype I wanted something great. The b-sides lived up to it but not the title and that's one of the biggest parts as it's what all the performances and promotion will be about.

Feel Special was also pretty well liked by the fandom and did well internationally, on top of a 9 month wait. Once again it's premature but there's not too many signs currently this will do well domestically or internationally. (the fandom view is also clearly split as well)

Honestly I'm pretty sure it was a rejected song, and it's not uncommon in kpop. Fx had an Ariana Grande reject song, Taemin has one by Bruno Mars. SNSD's Run Devil Run was Kesha's etc.

JYPE have never spent the time and effort that Twice deserve and that's going back years.

We are getting a lot of content this time around but admittedly I'm not really a reality show watcher so I'm just looking forward to the live performances. Hoping Twice rescue it with some great performances.

The competitive side of me also realises BP will have a new song this month and the bar wasn't set as high as it should have been, but that's the petty side

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
It weird tho to me. The song settled around the lower-mid 400k's so not a massive bleed(will have to wait for tmr for clearer picture) and has again been stable now around the 4 spot for about 30 hours on off....but on Genie a comparatively large service-almost the same market share as Melon these days-it's been number 1 since release and honestly still looks to have a healthy lead and looks as thos it's going to spend at least some more days on top....

How can two major charts have such contradictory results? My only assumption is either A, it's demographics line up more with Twice fanbase than say MelOn who's users seem to be mostly 20-40+ or B, it's easier for ifans to join?

Either way for a song that's really not Twice's best and really not fully aimed at the Korean market it's racked up a fair few hours at the top of Melon and 73hrs on Genie without much sign of slowing down.

Separate point here. Anyone listening to More & More can tell Korea wasn't the primary focus-hence the use of producers who have 0 experience in the SK music market-it's very apparent Twice were aiming for a more international sound this time around and thats good....what's not really good is JYPE's 1 foot in, 1 foot out approach.
I feel like they added Kpop tropes to a non Kpop song in the hopes of giving it a chance in Korea(dance break, rap, chant) but the song was still too western focused for that and also at the same time it kind of made the song sound odd or messy from an ifan perspective.
I also am very very disappointing to check multiple accurate and generally reliable BB accounts and see how close we are to hitting a spot on the Hot100 or more likely now the bubbling under(still massive if it happens)

This is a song aimed at growing ifans and a song on the cusp of charting on the biggest music chart in the world....and JYPE still chose a Monday release....every metric I have seen shows that if we had a Friday release we would have secured a BB100 spot for sure...

I suppose my point is...why make an ifan friendly song...only to Kpop-ify it...why target the west only to release on a Monday, which is terrible for BB charting....why do bundles clearly aimed at BB200 only to have 0 Amazon links or US distribution.....

You can't be 1 foot into both markets at this point I'm afraid.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Yeah just bad decision making by JYPE

Rain has released a remix of his song Gang which was going viral in SK - the remix is now no.1 on most charts (Melon, Genie, Bugs) so unexpected competition from nowhere

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Wow, very impressed.

No playlisting, promo's, etc and still doing that-even at a better rate than Fancy.

While these song's aren't doing amazing in Korea it's worth remembering they are far more international focused and you can't deny each time they are growing and growing Twice...not something most acts approaching 5 years old can still say.

With how close More & More is to top 100 Billboard also is amazing and the general consensus seems that if they had released on a Friday like everyone else does they would have 100% landed a BB100 spot somewhere between 70-90....crazy.

Bubbling under at this point looks secure at least but US Once are still pushing hard for the hot 100. Let's wish em luck.

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Offline sales for More & More haven't being counted in Hanteo, almost everything have been online sales, I don't understand what's happening. Lot of fans are talking about shipping problems wtf.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Offline sales for More & More haven't being counted in Hanteo, almost everything have been online sales, I don't understand what's happening. Lot of fans are talking about shipping problems wtf.
I am tbh. I ordered mine from KTown4U when the discount link went up it was the 11th of May and it's been stuck on 'ready to ship' since then...hmm.

This time the offline sales are around 2% which is nuts. Don't know whats going on. Withdrama is also having shipping issues and briefly went out of stock...

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
bruh some pressed people still questioned twice album sales its like they are not the best selling korean girlgroup of all time.. i hope j once will slap them tomorrow with tower records sales

KoeVek

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,185
bruh some pressed people still questioned twice album sales its like they are not the best selling korean girlgroup of all time.. i hope j once will slap them tomorrow with tower records sales

But the official release in Tower Records is on 7th. or I don't understand something?

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Idk what the hell is everyone talking about, I absolutely loved the song. Didn't like the album but More&More is an absolute bop. I am very happy with this comeback and I am not usually happy.

KoeVek

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,185
Why so late for J Once?
I mean it was always the case with kpop albums in Japan. The official release there is always like week later in most of the sites I checked. For example HMV books on 8th, and on Amazon Japan on 10th. I don't know the reason tho.

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
I mean it was always the case with kpop albums in Japan. The official release there is always like week later in most of the sites I checked. For example HMV books on 8th, and on Amazon Japan on 10th. I don't know the reason tho.
So basically the hanteo number didnt even include japan onces or maybe japan onces buy from korean stores already?? Fcking crazy if its true. 600k first month on gaon ??

Top Bottom