【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Ah yes so I assume they have no Hanteo displayed certificate since it's not a store that regularly sells albums. Yeah-so I'm going to assume they have some kind of arrangement where they directly reported the sales to Hanteo.

I kind of thought it wouldn't be an Oricon point of sale since they tend to be strict about that so I think TwiceJapan will have cut somewhat into the Oricon sales this time around.
OnceJapan has had other preorders before, so I'm not sure how much of a cut it will make into Oricon sales though. Most J-Onces are probably part of the fan club since concert ticket sales favor members, but where they buy their albums will depend on the additional benefits they get compared to actual retailers, not to mention any purchase points you get if you are a member of Tsutaya, Amazon, etc. Also, that 2+ week delay is going to deter some fan club members for sure.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
OnceJapan has had other preorders before, so I'm not sure how much of a cut it will make into Oricon sales though. Most J-Onces are probably part of the fan club since concert ticket sales favor members, but where they buy their albums will depend on the additional benefits they get compared to actual retailers, not to mention any purchase points you get if you are a member of Tsutaya, Amazon, etc. Also, that 2+ week delay is going to deter some fan club members for sure.
Ah it was delayed? I assumed it may cut in since the release in Japan was 7th Tower Records and 8th-10th in all other retailers. I assumed it was launching earlier in TwiceJapan. Yeah so if it was a week later than the regular Japan launch it's unlikely to make much of a dent.

Okay, cool.

The release in Japan seemed pretty delayed this time-usually J Once have it on sale within 3-5 days, but More & More was 7-10. I naturally assumed it was a way for JYPE to drum up sales on TwiceJapan-but since they got it the slowest I'm going to assume it was probably a production and shipping thing this time around.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Ah it was delayed? I assumed it may cut in since the release in Japan was 7th Tower Records and 8th-10th in all other retailers. I assumed it was launching earlier in TwiceJapan. Yeah so if it was a week later than the regular Japan launch it's unlikely to make much of a dent.

Okay, cool.

The release in Japan seemed pretty delayed this time-usually J Once have it on sale within 3-5 days, but More & More was 7-10. I naturally assumed it was a way for JYPE to drum up sales on TwiceJapan-but since they got it the slowest I'm going to assume it was probably a production and shipping thing this time around.
Actually, the mid-June delivery was announced back in May, so whether they were aware of the production issues back in May or it's just part of the GO terms, it's hard to know. I did wonder about that long gap between release and delivery when it was announced - you would think they'd prioritize the fan club members. I guess it was done to not antagonize their retail partners.
<Regarding Delivery>
This product will be delivered from mid-June onwards and will be delivered in order. [Release date in Korea is June 1 (Monday)] Delivery may be delayed depending on the stocking situation. Please take note.

Also, double-checking the old announcements, you are correct that the OnceJapan preorders will take a bite from Oricon. The previous fan club preorders were for JP releases, which will be reflected in Oricon anyways.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Does anyone have the Oricon weekly ranking for the 23rd? All of the Twice chart accounts are being super fucking slow with it for reason beyond me....I've seen a bunch of other fandoms with updates already so just curious. It isn't updated yet on their website-but usually you can get it earlier.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Does anyone have the Oricon weekly ranking for the 23rd? All of the Twice chart accounts are being super fucking slow with it for reason beyond me....I've seen a bunch of other fandoms with updates already so just curious. It isn't updated yet on their website-but usually you can get it earlier.
It is tragic. Around 8k

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
looking into it we've essentially sold 56k in 2 weeks and a day. Pretty great considering Fanfare has been on sale this whole time and we also had TwiceJapan gobble up a few thousand sales.

lets alao be real, 370k on Hanteo in just 3 weeks probably had some help from J Once buying from Hanteo stores to help with the week 1 record.

i think its amazing so far that we're already seeing these numbers in 22 days. Year end will be wild considering our longevity.

Last edited:

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Next 10 days on the charts will be interesting.

BP, Hwasa, Sunmi, Zico, RV sub-unit as well. This could be one the last weeks in the top 10 on Melon as the UL's don't look strong enough to hold out against new releases, haven't stabilised as well as OMG's did

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Next 10 days on the charts will be interesting.

BP, Hwasa, Sunmi, Zico, RV sub-unit as well. This could be one the last weeks in the top 10 on Melon as the UL's don't look strong enough to hold out against new releases, haven't stabilised as well as OMG's did
Yeah depends.

I think a lot will have to do with some luck. BP have a big enough fandom and the YG name that in the first week regardless of song quality people will check it out. So that will bump us down a spot in the immediate week to come. It might fall fast if it sucks-but who knows.

Sunmi is tough to call-this will be 100% quality driven and her last 2 songs didn't really do that great so she might not be super strong this time around. Hwasa has big hype and Monster so both of those will at least in the short term likely knock M&M down a spot too.

Hard to say-I think we'll need a bit of luck on our side and hope the songs don't do as great as they could.

StayOnceForTwice

The King of Caring Too Much About Album Sales
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
Amazing especially for Twice's "flop" song
I mean, flop by what metric? It broke Twice’s YouTube view and like records by a lot, has sold record numbers according to both Hanteo and Gaon, and is doing pretty well on the charts. The only thing that’s bad about it is that the song itself is rather mediocre. Also, something is wonkey with the shipping. Apparently it’s been out of stock in places and delayed in others. But other than that, this can already be labeled another success.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Yeah depends.

I think a lot will have to do with some luck. BP have a big enough fandom and the YG name that in the first week regardless of song quality people will check it out. So that will bump us down a spot in the immediate week to come. It might fall fast if it sucks-but who knows.

Sunmi is tough to call-this will be 100% quality driven and her last 2 songs didn't really do that great so she might not be super strong this time around. Hwasa has big hype and Monster so both of those will at least in the short term likely knock M&M down a spot too.

Hard to say-I think we'll need a bit of luck on our side and hope the songs don't do as great as they could.

Yeah I agree with your assessments.

BP always come with a lot of hype, a bit like BB, and with a 6pm release I can see them getting near 1m UL's in the first 24 hours so they'll definitely be at/near the top for a few days, with longevity down to the song. Sunmi is a bit hit and miss recently, Hwasa is well liked (though her last OST did struggle a lot) and the RV sub (with the two most popular members in SK) will be down to the song like all RV releases I feel like. Zico (ft Rain) a few days after will definitely have a lot of hype at the start as well.

Will definitely need some luck.

Have to say I miss the days when Twice were the digimon and wouldn't have to think about these things as much haha. 7/8 weeks in the top 10 a normality.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Yeah I agree with your assessments.

BP always come with a lot of hype, a bit like BB, and with a 6pm release I can see them getting near 1m UL's in the first 24 hours so they'll definitely be at/near the top for a few days, with longevity down to the song. Sunmi is a bit hit and miss recently, Hwasa is well liked (though her last OST did struggle a lot) and the RV sub (with the two most popular members in SK) will be down to the song like all RV releases I feel like. Zico (ft Rain) a few days after will definitely have a lot of hype at the start as well.

Will definitely need some luck.

Have to say I miss the days when Twice were the digimon and wouldn't have to think about these things as much haha. 7/8 weeks in the top 10 a normality.
Oh...the Zico song has Rain on it? That's pretty much gonna put the charts on lock down with how popular those two are recently and how much Koreans seem to be loving hip hop. Damn. Can see that def' doing well....

Yeah I would say with Zico and BP at a minimum that's gonna be 2 spots we drop...Yikes.

minimoo

✨ᵗʰᵉʸ/ᵗʰᵉᵐ✨
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭267,331
I mean, flop by what metric? It broke Twice’s YouTube view and like records by a lot, has sold record numbers according to both Hanteo and Gaon, and is doing pretty well on the charts. The only thing that’s bad about it is that the song itself is rather mediocre. Also, something is wonkey with the shipping. Apparently it’s been out of stock in places and delayed in others. But other than that, this can already be labeled another success.
Exactly. But people just say it's trash :(

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
its really sad to know the fact twice release will not as strong as their 2016-2018 song digitally, seems koreans didnt like thier mature concept or prefer soft happy twice like their earlier release.
but i respect them to try different concept to have more audiences or else they will stuck forever between korea and japan.

i think more and more will atleast 5 week top 10 gaon at max tbh, but if we are lucky the song will have longetivity but if we see from koreans reaction it has mixed reviews so i wont expect them have longetivity in top 10 gaon because of so many new release in july.

i think im a bit shocked too at oricon sales, this shipping and hanteo problem is the one make me confuse a lot.
is twice really losing fans in Japan ? because their sales is struggle at 115k oricon per korean albums or maybe JYP should fucking distribute the albums to hanteo stores in japan or make certified hanteo stores because i see J-onces also care about records thats why they are most likely buy from ktown4u to help the records.

JYPE need to fucking step up seriously, they really lacked a lot, i wonder what is on their mind except money.. they really dont mind others using gimmick to mediaplay them but they know onces are too protective for twice thats why most k-onces j-onces even c-onces work hard for this record..

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Oh...the Zico song has Rain on it? That's pretty much gonna put the charts on lock down with how popular those two are recently and how much Koreans seem to be loving hip hop. Damn. Can see that def' doing well....

Yeah I would say with Zico and BP at a minimum that's gonna be 2 spots we drop...Yikes.

I think if they can keep above OMG on Melon and Genie for a few more weeks, which seems to be the Dalla Dalla of the year (no amazing peak but very good longevity so far, and they have really ended up with the 2nd best B-side performance of all 3rd gen GG's with Dolphin, below Forever Young, honestly what a start to the year for them), as they're already behind on Vibe/Flo, that won't be too bad.

Chart wise this is already a good improvement on Feel Special so there's that.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
its really sad to know the fact twice release will not as strong as their 2016-2018 song digitally, seems koreans didnt like thier mature concept or prefer soft happy twice like their earlier release.
but i respect them to try different concept to have more audiences or else they will stuck forever between korea and japan.

i think more and more will atleast 5 week top 10 gaon at max tbh, but if we are lucky the song will have longetivity but if we see from koreans reaction it has mixed reviews so i wont expect them have longetivity in top 10 gaon because of so many new release in july.

i think im a bit shocked too at oricon sales, this shipping and hanteo problem is the one make me confuse a lot.
is twice really losing fans in Japan ? because their sales is struggle at 115k oricon per korean albums or maybe JYP should fucking distribute the albums to hanteo stores in japan or make certified hanteo stores because i see J-onces also care about records thats why they are most likely buy from ktown4u to help the records.

JYPE need to fucking step up seriously, they really lacked a lot, i wonder what is on their mind except money.. they really dont mind others using gimmick to mediaplay them but they know onces are too protective for twice thats why most k-onces j-onces even c-onces work hard for this record..

In SK they're still anticipated when they come back (though I guess this will slowly decrease more overtime) as seen through M&M having 700k UL's in the 1st 24 hours. Not amazing but better than every other idol release this year (though covid factors into this), but the song just hasn't stuck. I do think with all the circumstances this was the opportunity to get them back on top digitally (biggest hiatus since debut and all that) so it's disappointing we got a pretty divisive song which imo missed (and set a pretty low bar for all the contenders about to come out...), but I feel like the right song will still pop of for them, assuming M&M hasn't further dampened the anticipation of Twice releases for the GP. We just haven't had it yet for the SK market since they started changing their sound but I feel like they still have one or two big hits in them.

I'm not as clued up on the Japanese market but it's an odd one (I don't know if the market is slwoly moving away from physicals there?). Single sales seem to have been stagnant there for a while now but their touring power is only getting crazier. A million applications for the Japanese leg of Twicelights is pretty mad.

But then despite that, a Japanese release hasn't matched the 500k of Wake Me Up which was in 2018, and the sales of Korean albums are also stagnant. I think the events they hold (meet events etc) impact Japan quite a bit so not sure if that will factor into Oricon sales at all for M&M (do they hold events for Korean releases? Can't remember) but assume it could impact Fanfare.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845

Somethings you must take into account tho. It's selling about on pace with Yes or Yes so far in Japan-just a whisker lower but has some issues going against it.

1, Fanfare. While TWICE have had close releases before this is really the only time a J and K comeback have directly competed in the same initial sales period. To think both releases wont take a hit is foolish-even for a big fandom pockets are simply not endless-it's with good reason every other groups waits months between releases in each country. JYPE or WMJ seem to not really care tho....

2, It likely had a fairly decent showing on TwiceJapan store which we previously discussed in this thread seems to not be an Oricon point of sales. Now the albums sold out at least once on that store so it's likely cut into the Oricon number by a fair few thousand.

These 2 factors alone are enough to slow sales-but combine that with some Japan fans had orders or group orders from Hanteo stores specifically to help with the week and day 1 records so that's even more sales gone from Oricon and another important factor is that even if Japanese Once are bulk buying or spending more this comeback it simply won't show as Oricon has safeguards in place to do it's best to minimize bulk buying-so we wont see a lot of those sales.

EDIT: quickly here also want to say due to it being an imported EP and not a full album it also has no listing on BBJP 'Top Album Sales' chart which make Japan orders even harder to track.

I mean our previous album sold about 225k on Hanteo in what? Near 10 months at this point? We're 3 weeks in and M&M is already at 369k. Even accounting for the additional roughly 70k extra we got from C Once this time around-that's still over 140k additional sales in record time....To think Once could achieve this without a big big contribution from J Once is super unrealistic imho.

It's part of the game now-just look at IzOne. BloomIz 1st week Oricon was over 20k....Oneiric Diary was just 3600 copies-yet they were able to be much faster across the 400k mark on Hanteo this time....so I mean the maths does itself imho.

J fans are clearly waking up to chasing records, at least in a small way, so I think that has bitten on Oricon too. But I mean come on 56k in 15 days with Fanfare around the corner...it's great.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Not sure anyone posted it so will drop it here.

But the weeklies from BBJP.

#10:More & More 4,636pt
[which once again is the highest this week for any foreign act. Also in it's 3rd week on BBJP hot 100 and this is the highest score they've posted on week 3 for a Korean song I believe.]

#17: Fanfare 3,720 pt
#19: Feel Special 3,271 pt
#71: Fancy

I'm super happy with this to be honest. Twice is the highest ranking Single and Album title for any foreign act this week once again in spite of some groups having major comebacks in the same period. They are also the Kpop act with the most entries in the Hot100 currently.
The score are also really strong for Twice More & More.

Comparing it's performance to some of Twice's 'recent' comebacks that did well in Japan at the 3 week point.
More & More= 17,874 pt
Feel Special= 15,588
Fancy= 14,298
Yes or Yes= 14,768 pt
What is Love= 13,487 pt

In other charting Twice also have 4 entries on the streaming chart 3 inside the top 20 and would you believe it Yes or Yes re-enter last week at #95 and still holds it's position this week. lol.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
btw this is kinda out of topic, but im surprised when i see skz is #1 weekly gaon update even beat izone (no kihno) even izone with no kihno they will atleast get 350k right?? so its possible skz sold more 350k++ ?

JYP literally doing everything for SKZ this comeback, wtf. AMAZON US UK, Barnes, Target, Tokopedia, Shopee, im really shocked and disbelief either gaon make mistake which is impossible/ low rates or skz really have so much boost just being able to sell them on local stores??
all BG have such massive jump tho this year.
NCT127 from 280k gaon in 2019 albums to 760k 2020 albums, NCTdream from 340k 2019 album to 660k, SVT from 800k to possible 1,2m++
thats crazy how BG have privilege to have high jump, i believe Got7 can do high number jump too if they give them local stores support like SKZ.

the question is if JYPE give them local support like SKZ can Twice have high jump too?? i will predict this comeback will atleast almost 600k gaon, so if they really give them local stores support i think Twice have high chance to sell 1m. its not impossible.

also this year i think we might not get #1 in digital which is sad i think, maybe physical too if izone have comeback again in Q4 and the supposed 2nd album is not coming this year, i can see JYP want to push ITZY this year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom