【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
i want next comeback JYPE will be better at shipping shit, this shit is make chart analyzer confused, i know maybe only fans brag about achievment company didnt really care about that except sales and profit, but if they manage to break some records it will be good publicity to the groups

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Hanteo is shit chart anyway. Nobody knows exactly how it counts their sales (either sold officialy or shipped) and they have so much errors on counting sales.

Last week we got like 8k on oricon, but now we suddenly got 50k+? The only thing that make sense are OnceJapan numbers. In first week we got 12k sales and in second 36k, but that's because in first week sales a lot of stores didn't sold album yet and only small portion were available. The biggest sales for Twice were always in 1 week or second and after that the sales slowly declined, but now we make our best week sales in the 4th week? The only thing that changed this comeback is finally adding album for sales on OnceJapan.
Hmm yes-the only other thing I can even remotely take a guess at, and it would be a reach, is that even ignoring these huge sales today week 3 for M&M was really technically week 2 if you take into account week 1 only has 1 day with 1 retailer....so the sales were so so low for a week 2....I mean 7k is strange.
So my thought could be-Oricon isn't a real time chart and it get's all it's data in bulk on I think Mondays for thousands of stores...I wonder could it be possible last week M&M had an error in counting and what were seeing is sales from both this week and last week...

Again know it's a reach job-but also to assume Hanteo counts albums that haven't even shipped yet also reaches ab bit considering it's supposed to be the most accurate real time album chart....

It's def' a strange one and once again we're probably going to have to wait a week for more light to be shed on it in the form of Hanteo and Oricon updates. I think if we don't see any sig' increase on Hanteo in the coming few days it's safe to assume they were likely counted earlier and if we see another massive, or small, update on Oricon next week it will tidy the picture up more.

Also on point of thread.

KoeVek

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,185
650x_sub_image206107.png

This is some fun stuff. This is ranking of Feel Special on billboard Japan. You could see that the song started to rise even before the nizi project and had the biggest boost on week 37 which is after Nizi project stage.

There is the entire article about it. It even says that one of the reason of the rise is because of dancing videos on Tik Tok.

Full article:

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
650x_sub_image206107.png

This is some fun stuff. This is ranking of Feel Special on billboard Japan. You could see that the song started to rise even before the nizi project and had the biggest boost on week 37 which is after Nizi project stage.

There is the entire article about it. It even says that one of the reason of the rise is because of dancing videos on Tik Tok.

Full article:

tik tok is really black pandora box, we wont know if the song going viral like anysong or getting less hype when they release some part of the song

NamieKnowles

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,085
So I just have a few things on my mind.

1.) Twice's Japan results. Loving the Oricon numbers. TWICE fandom so far seems to still be alive, we shall see just how powerful they are with Fanfare sales, but seeing Fanfares charting on iTune JP, Recochoku,, mu-mo, awa, mora, and Apple Music compared to NIZIU's song really have me thinking. We haven't seen results like NIZIU's since Candy Pop era. I mean, I know TWICE is still popular but I feel like their hype has already been snuffed but I was just blind. Now I do understand NIZIU has hype and their official single could flop or do just as well as TWICE's songs or even better. I shouldn't be reading too much into it. Hell Fanfare had higher first week scores on Hot 100 JP compared to all of their Japanese songs barring maybe the 2018 ones. Still. It just feels so weird. Idk. Gotta think some more.

2.) The PAK with BP. I really really feel like this was JYPE's chance. So much hype was there. Hell we had 700K+ UL's. Don't get me wrong it wasn't as high as BP's. But it was still high period. And like they released More and More and ruined it. I know some of y'all like the song, but the song isn't that good. Just imagining if they released a solid summer song and could've revived some of TWICE's digital power and potentially got a PAK. The MV was kind of cheap and not that good to watch for a lot of people. Its just....JYPE really dropped the ball. Swing was bad, M&M bad, and Fanfare is just straight up boring. Like yes it did its thing on line but other charts? Dust. Idk. I just feel meh about TWICE's musical career in 2020. Never have I felt so bored with TWICE before.​

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
So I just have a few things on my mind.

1.) Twice's Japan results. Loving the Oricon numbers. TWICE fandom so far seems to still be alive, we shall see just how powerful they are with Fanfare sales, but seeing Fanfares charting on iTune JP, Recochoku,, mu-mo, awa, mora, and Apple Music compared to NIZIU's song really have me thinking. We haven't seen results like NIZIU's since Candy Pop era. I mean, I know TWICE is still popular but I feel like their hype has already been snuffed but I was just blind. Now I do understand NIZIU has hype and their official single could flop or do just as well as TWICE's songs or even better. I shouldn't be reading too much into it. Hell Fanfare had higher first week scores on Hot 100 JP compared to all of their Japanese songs barring maybe the 2018 ones. Still. It just feels so weird. Idk. Gotta think some more.

2.) The PAK with BP. I really really feel like this was JYPE's chance. So much hype was there. Hell we had 700K+ UL's. Don't get me wrong it wasn't as high as BP's. But it was still high period. And like they released More and More and ruined it. I know some of y'all like the song, but the song isn't that good. Just imagining if they released a solid summer song and could've revived some of TWICE's digital power and potentially got a PAK. The MV was kind of cheap and not that good to watch for a lot of people. Its just....JYPE really dropped the ball. Swing was bad, M&M bad, and Fanfare is just straight up boring. Like yes it did its thing on line but other charts? Dust. Idk. I just feel meh about TWICE's musical career in 2020. Never have I felt so bored with TWICE before.​
about the hype i think yes Twice hype is already slowed down a lot, but its normal for 5 years old girlgroup, but in the end fandom is everything..
fanfare i think doing better than HH/BT and FnT/SWING, its just they are unlucky bcs corona they might perform at olympic if the rumor is true.

thats why i said JYPE need to step up seriously, JYPE known for their girlgroup music, but none of their girlgroup music is having "fantastic" result since ICY. they only doing "good enough" not "great/spectacular/fantastic"

i hope next itzy comeback and twice 2nd full album JYPE really step up, there will be many girlgroup coming this year, competition is tight as ever.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Twice is still very popular in Japan, especially among the younger population. I've seen a lot of videos of idols dancing to Twice songs (kpop in general is popular to dance to, but Twice stands out).

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
about the hype i think yes Twice hype is already slowed down a lot, but its normal for 5 years old girlgroup, but in the end fandom is everything..
fanfare i think doing better than HH/BT and FnT/SWING, its just they are unlucky bcs corona they might perform at olympic if the rumor is true.

thats why i said JYPE need to step up seriously, JYPE known for their girlgroup music, but none of their girlgroup music is having "fantastic" result since ICY. they only doing "good enough" not "great/spectacular/fantastic"

i hope next itzy comeback and twice 2nd full album JYPE really step up, there will be many girlgroup coming this year, competition is tight as ever.
I wouldn't read too much into this and I would caution people in that line of thinking too...we have 0 reason to think we're getting a second full album, we don't even have hints. Factors going against it happening.
1, Full albums are more expensive to make.
2, They need more quality songs, producers and time in the studio-they can take much longer to produce.
3, Most importantly. They on average don't increase sales much, in most cases they don't increase them at all.

@NamieKnowles I feel some of those points. Problem is in Japan and Korea the songs have simply been a little below par(maybe not Feel Special-that's just an anomaly to me)

But I think Fancy was a good way to go-it was pretty successful and a great transition song the the 'new' sound....but JYPE's idea of their 'new' sound is just giving them any old song. More & More was largely poorly reviewed on OneHallyu, Twitter, Allkpop, rKpop, Nate, Pann, TheQoo, MLBPARK, etc, etc...pretty much anywhere you go and read user comments the song is not rated highly at all...even among Once it's pretty lowly ranked.

So all these people think the song is sub par and you're telling me no one at JYPE was listening along when producing this and echoed those feelings? They all though this was a top drawer stellar release? No. They likely felt the same, the song was kind of meh....but still went with it. Poor stuff.

Also hype doesn't matter-I'm really sick of this narrative that hype is relevant...can it help? Yeah-but a shit song still tanks and guess what? If next week TWICE dropped DTNA or TT it would smash the current competition on the chart....they wouldn't need any fucking hype....these songs were loved....

Hype is a trick you can only play once, quality and giving people what they want wins every time. Do people think BP are doing well cos of hype? Yeah D1 was hype, YT was hype...but multiple days on and doing well on the charts is giving people what they wanted. HYLT is musically speaking the exact same thing as D4 and KTL....songs Koreans expect from BP-that's the sound they want. So to a degree they will alway have success doing that.

I mean ask yourself why TWICE had 3 number 1's in a year and 3 songs that pushed for PAKS only stopped by oddball charting? But yet 5 months later they change it up to Fancy and things start going down from that point....because domestically nobody ask for this change. That's it.

NamieKnowles

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,085
Hype is very important. Hype is what gets your songs the press, the acclaim, and the eyes.
How You Like That is not a master piece by any stretch of the imagination. And look at how good it is doing.
Literally G-Friend hasn't been releasing shit since 2017 and their charting still isn't as good.
Good Songs =/= Good Charting.
Great Hype = Good Initial Charting = Long term charting.
This was the most hyped TWICE comeback in literally forever. JYPE then proceeded to waste that momentum with More and More.
Also Full Albums do increase sales, we already saw that from previous GG examples and Twicetagram.
This literally sucks tbh. It was nice while it lasted.
I am getting 2014 Soshi vibes when it comes to their music, digital power, and hold over GG industry.
It was a good ride girlies.​

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
I like how yall are complaining here but literally all my attempts to gather Onces to protest JYP, to demand better MVs and better production quality have been ignored. And I know you guys will say "it won't change anything" but have you tried at least? Nah.

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Hype is very important. Hype is what gets your songs the press, the acclaim, and the eyes.
How You Like That is not a master piece by any stretch of the imagination. And look at how good it is doing.
Literally G-Friend hasn't been releasing shit since 2017 and their charting still isn't as good.
Good Songs =/= Good Charting.
Great Hype = Good Initial Charting = Long term charting.
This was the most hyped TWICE comeback in literally forever. JYPE then proceeded to waste that momentum with More and More.
Also Full Albums do increase sales, we already saw that from previous GG examples and Twicetagram.
This literally sucks tbh. It was nice while it lasted.
I am getting 2014 Soshi vibes when it comes to their music, digital power, and hold over GG industry.
It was a good ride girlies.​

nah not yet, as person who already see soshi declining this is not at that level, they just fcking need one super HIT song with their mature concept..

we will see how they doing next comeback.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Twice still have a few big hits in them. RV just came back from three songs in a row that "flopped" more than any Twice track, they just need the right song.

As I haven't enjoyed the last two title tracks, the charting makes sense to me (I know everyone won't agree with that).

If they start releasing songs that i genuinely enjoy and they struggle digitally, that'll be more of a sign to me that SK don't want the new direction of Twice. if I'm enjoying the songs at that point I'll be more than content and just accept that.

I just dislike the fact that the last two title tracks haven't been good enough for me. M&M especially as a title track, what a waste of a comeback for me, especially with everything that was leading up to it, Their most anticipated release since the follow up to Cheer Up and it just totally missed. I agree above that I don't understand how that song got through quality checks.

But I also agree with the above that BP's new release is no better than M&M - that's just a case of BP releasing their once in a year song with the same vibe and sound and their promotional style also helps them get away with it. The scaricty.

Edit: I realise there is a lot of negativity (and I'm probably adding to it) but I feel like more Twice fans are worried just because the "competition" have all had their recent releases do well which is accentuating Twice's under-performance on the charts. I wouldn't write Twice off though, not yet anyhow.

Last edited:

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Just ignore @NamieKnowles she's literally one of the biggest laughing stocks in the fandom and has been for a while.

The song didn't do great...that's literally it. Got Dreamer talking about protesting JYPE and Namie talking about TWICE being over....complete lack of sense coming from those two as fucking usual.

@trace agreed.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
I also think people need to remember TWICE is above 1 semi dud track. They already racked up a bunch of accolades this comeback and shown big big leaps in fandom size and progression.

I mean people just take for granted that More & More is currently performing better in Japan than any other TWICE title in what 2-3 years....Youtube is great, Spotify is great and they just demolished the Oricon GG record...We're likely talking about an album that pushes for 600 to maybe 650 thousand copies by the end of the year...it's crazy...

Soshi of 2014...fuck me lmao...in 2014 SNSD's fandom had already been more than cut in half and that's not even close to true for TWICE it's larger than ever.

I mean other groups are already seeing how difficult it is too sell high without 6 month+ long money collect/crowdfund/ebeg or whatever you want to call it....TWICE raised some cash for about 20k copies is all and yet the sales are still going wild....

But this will be ignored for the JYPE doomsaying....smfh.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Just ignore @NamieKnowles she's literally one of the biggest laughing stocks in the fandom and has been for a while.

The song didn't do great...that's literally it. Got Dreamer talking about protesting JYPE and Namie talking about TWICE being over....complete lack of sense coming from those two as fucking usual.

@trace agreed.
I am not forcing anyone to protest. But if you ain't gonna do that then stop complaining. There is no point in sitting here and complaining about low quality MV and hoping that it will magically change. It won't. We've been talking about it since Fancy, nothing changes.

So either deal with it or do something. It is up to you.

trace

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,400
So it seems like the merch bundle really did push the album sales of Twice in the US:

Twicetagram - 1k
Fancy - 1k
Feel Special - 2k
More&More - 6.1k

Do you guys think this is the reason why we still don't have that amazon link for MM? Is that more lucrative vs selling the physical album?

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
So it seems like the merch bundle really did push the album sales of Twice in the US:

Twicetagram - 1k
Fancy - 1k
Feel Special - 2k
More&More - 6.1k

Do you guys think this is the reason why we still don't have that amazon link for MM? Is that more lucrative vs selling the physical album?
Didn't a USA based account fundraise around 10k for album? I think it is that

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Didn't a USA based account fundraise around 10k for album? I think it is that
can fucking JYPE post fucking amazon pre oreder already for US next comeback, i want twice fucking appear high in bb 200.

they act like twice didnt have any fandom in US in fact they had decent fandom in US.

Top Bottom