【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Zara Larsson version of M&M

Honestly, we got clowned for hating on JYP for making changes. Twice chorus definitely sound better :D

I can't believe they heard this and really decided that it was the song Twice would release after a 9 months break... and selected that demented old man to do lyrics that are even worse than the original, yeah I can understand now why the song just doesn't work. Even as a b-side it wouldn't be that remembered by the fandom.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
@Dreamer95 @Elessar

That's absolutely pathetic imho. Agree 9 months hiatus and what did they do? Bought a reject song from a has-been that didn't make the cut in fucking 2017 for her album? JYP spent a whole 4-5 minutes working on it to make it about 2% different from the demo and called it a day....

What is this bullshit of 'we didn't have time to prepare a b-side' wtf? Why, you clearly weren't up to much over the last 9 months since the song took all of an afternoon for JYP to prepare.

I'm just going to say it, a low effort song like that put together with 0 care deserved to fail.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Where this info regardng m&m being Zara's debut album reject came from? I keep seeing people repeating it.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Where this info regardng m&m being Zara's debut album reject came from? I keep seeing people repeating it.
I think because MNEK is the producer and he worked with Zara on three other songs on that album so the logic seems to be Back & Forth was worked on during that period between 2015 when production and releases started to 2017 when it was finished(?)

It seems pretty reasonable since that period was the only time he'd worked with her I think. I mean given that it wasn't released and it's been possibly about 3-5 years since the song was recorded yet never released it was likely passed on by her.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Interesting how lots of ONCEs who were super positive about more and more are now mad about the fact that it's a bought reject. Almost if they never really liked it to begin with, but because of all that "no negativity" fandom culture forced themselves to "like" it for the public, and now have the chance to vent their frustration openly.

Anyway, buying rejected western material is nothing new in kpop, and nothing to be ashamed of. Choosing THAT song specifically to buy on the other hand is definitely questionable descision.

Last edited:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, songs can be rejected for a variety of reasons so there's nothing wrong with using one. Sometimes songs just don't fit with the direction an album is going, they need a bit more polish or they suit another artist better. So there shouldn't be any prejudice against it.

Even song covers/remakes are fine, although might not be suitable for a title track in kpop.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Interesting how lots of ONCEs who were super positive about more and more are now mad about the fact that it's a bought reject. Almost if they never really liked it to begin with, but because of all that "no negativity" fandom culture forced themselves to "like" it for the public, and now have the chance to vent their frustration openly.

Anyway, buying rejected western material is nothing new in kpop, and nothing to be ashamed of. Choosing THAT song specifically to buy on the other hand is definitely questionable descision.
It aint very pretty...oh Once.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
They should be directing this towards JYPE - logic of twitter stans
Exactly. What even logic are they using to get mad at MNEK for? What do they think he should have done when JYPE tried to buy the song? Said no and called TWICE queens or some shit? It's business as usual for him and another pay cheque but it's a whole other story for JYPE and Jinyoung Park.

Now those can get dragged all they want. I mean we might very well have entered a situation in 2020 where TWICE have become one of the most poorly managed and treated top groups around right now....how has this even happened? Lazy cheap ass MV's that get them dragged to hell and back for plagiarism, low quality stage's and styling again, 5 year old reject songs with 5 minutes of touch ups from JYP, Japan single lumped on top as an after thought, 6 months of basically no activity, #TWICE 3 cash grab no one wanted or asked for....probably more I'm forgetting.

I honestly don't even bother with this group anymore. I just enjoy to watch the variety and vLives and that's it right now. How can WMJ, JYPE and now even shitty RR not have a fucking clue or fresh idea for this shit? Are they all here just presiding over the body and deciding what the vultures can pick off the carcass before theirs nothing left? Feels that way.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Exactly. What even logic are they using to get mad at MNEK for? What do they think he should have done when JYPE tried to buy the song? Said no and called TWICE queens or some shit? It's business as usual for him and another pay cheque but it's a whole other story for JYPE and Jinyoung Park.

Now those can get dragged all they want. I mean we might very well have entered a situation in 2020 where TWICE have become one of the most poorly managed and treated top groups around right now....how has this even happened? Lazy cheap ass MV's that get them dragged to hell and back for plagiarism, low quality stage's and styling again, 5 year old reject songs with 5 minutes of touch ups from JYP, Japan single lumped on top as an after thought, 6 months of basically no activity, #TWICE 3 cash grab no one wanted or asked for....probably more I'm forgetting.

I honestly don't even bother with this group anymore. I just enjoy to watch the variety and vLives and that's it right now. How can WMJ, JYPE and now even shitty RR not have a fucking clue or fresh idea for this shit? Are they all here just presiding over the body and deciding what the vultures can pick off the carcass before theirs nothing left? Feels that way.
It was only the edgy stans tbh, nobody more than those clowns hate on him

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Wow, YG actually released teasers both for second single and full album as well. And it's October also.
Dude smells the blood, seems like perfect timing for them.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Man, that Mnek guy is also a freaking moron, first he tagged Twice because someone called him names, now he is fucking arguing there like a freaking child...

And Onces camping on his twitter instead oF JYP......morons

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Wow, YG actually released teasers both for second single and full album as well. And it's October also.
Dude smells the blood, seems like perfect timing for them.
Yeah, I've been seeing some whispers that the album was pushed from the September to October for 2 guesses. That they need to accommodate an August release and it will be late in the month which means they may potentially launch on the same day as BTS or just 1 week later lol. BTS isn't near as strong digitally as BP on average so I can imagine the mediaplay if/when BP beats em on the charts and YT. Also it's so early in October since that's the last week you can benefit from the bundles on their store currently. Anything bought from now until October 2nd will count in their first week BB numbers....smart from UMG.

But BTS is pretty much 90% confirmed to be coming back in October also which makes me wonder will TWICETOBER actually happen, JYP is a gutless shit so I'm pretty sure that's gone out the window, tho to be honest I already figured that was out the window when the announced #T3 for the 16th.
Given the average price of an album, the middling sales of Fanfare and the backlash to it I'm reasonably confident JYPE wouldn't do another major comeback a month apart again so....I think most Once had made peace with that and accepted an unfavorable November release which is pretty saddening to be honest.

@Dreamer95 what do we expect? The brand of Twitter brainlets that call themselves Once are just a bunch of wayward GG stans that float from group to group depending on what's trendy, ever since Fancy they've attached themselves to TWICE and made Once borderline the most embarrassing fandom in Kpop.

MNEK a moron and an attention seeker-but the good thing is he's a major account so it's much more difficult for JYP to bury his head in the sand a pretend he doesn't know what's going on when Once are full blown arguing in public with the guy who's currently number 1 on the charts in the UK...very embarrassing situation for the company imho.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Yeah, I've been seeing some whispers that the album was pushed from the September to October for 2 guesses. That they need to accommodate an August release and it will be late in the month which means they may potentially launch on the same day as BTS or just 1 week later lol. BTS isn't near as strong digitally as BP on average so I can imagine the mediaplay if/when BP beats em on the charts and YT. Also it's so early in October since that's the last week you can benefit from the bundles on their store currently. Anything bought from now until October 2nd will count in their first week BB numbers....smart from UMG.

But BTS is pretty much 90% confirmed to be coming back in October also which makes me wonder will TWICETOBER actually happen, JYP is a gutless shit so I'm pretty sure that's gone out the window, tho to be honest I already figured that was out the window when the announced #T3 for the 16th.
Given the average price of an album, the middling sales of Fanfare and the backlash to it I'm reasonably confident JYPE wouldn't do another major comeback a month apart again so....I think most Once had made peace with that and accepted an unfavorable November release which is pretty saddening to be honest.

@Dreamer95 what do we expect? The brand of Twitter brainlets that call themselves Once are just a bunch of wayward GG stans that float from group to group depending on what's trendy, ever since Fancy they've attached themselves to TWICE and made Once borderline the most embarrassing fandom in Kpop.

MNEK a moron and an attention seeker-but the good thing is he's a major account so it's much more difficult for JYP to bury his head in the sand a pretend he doesn't know what's going on when Once are full blown arguing in public with the guy who's currently number 1 on the charts in the UK...very embarrassing situation for the company imho.
Just an clarification, is until october 9th, so they will have one of the last albums before the rules change

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Just an clarification, is until october 9th, so they will have one of the last albums before the rules change

Yes that's what I'm talking about. The rule change being the 9th which means releasing on the 2nd means everything they sell between now and the 2nd will be updated and submitted by UMG in the hour before the chart updates for week 1 beginning on the 2nd before the rule change on the 9th.
So the theory is that they choose the 2nd and started selling the bundled version 65 days early to drum up as much loaded sales as they can.

If they couldn't make September releases like they said and had to delay to October they would have 0 other choice but the 2nd if they wanted to use bundles, which it's UMG so of course they wanted to use them.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845

Kind of crazy that it's been like 3 years and TCL1 is still at like 250-60 thousand on Hanteo and now we're talking about 380k. I know Hanteo has more coverage but look at out Oricon is bigger than ever and the Hanteo Gaon gap is still like 180k+ copies which is a similar ratio to our previous releases so it clearly shows it's not just wider Hanteo coverage.

Oricon for other groups has fallen off a cliff as their Hanteo has gone up, while ours is better than ever. Nuts. This is clear growth and fan participation. I think we will have 600k by the end of the year and depending on how the next release goes we'll possibly get 600k on it's first update.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Oricon for other groups has fallen off a cliff as their Hanteo has gone up, while ours is better than ever. Nuts. This is clear growth and fan participation. I think we will have 600k by the end of the year and depending on how the next release goes we'll possibly get 600k on it's first update.
Won't happen unless some dramatic changes. This can't continue with the way it is going. I know I am too dramatic, but can't help it. In order for Twice to prosper again whole JYP needs to prosper. Like, at this point I actually wonder how is agency operating. Are shareholders taking all the money as cash every quarter? Like wtf...

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Won't happen unless some dramatic changes. This can't continue with the way it is going. I know I am too dramatic, but can't help it. In order for Twice to prosper again whole JYP needs to prosper. Like, at this point I actually wonder how is agency operating. Are shareholders taking all the money as cash every quarter? Like wtf...

JYPE distributes very small and irregular dividents. So they seem to be reinvesting all the profits.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Saw this on AKP. Tracking behind both OMG songs, HYLT, sort of on par Apink, and looks like starting to fall behind Wannabe's numbers in the same respective week.

Actually didn't realise Non-stop had beaten M&M's first week digital score as well.

giWMmaJ.png

Top Bottom