【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Won't happen unless some dramatic changes. This can't continue with the way it is going. I know I am too dramatic, but can't help it. In order for Twice to prosper again whole JYP needs to prosper. Like, at this point I actually wonder how is agency operating. Are shareholders taking all the money as cash every quarter? Like wtf...
For real there are so many things odd in that company right now there is something so shady there, like last year they made the groups comeback literally every month but now they just went without comeback for 2 months during a pandemic and delaying Itzy comeback? WTF? They are pushing more Twice activities like monograph, compilation album in Japan and online concert than the other groups comebacks... did they ran out of money? It's crazy.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Thanks for the data! Although there is no info on red velvet subunit, it seems like they suffering with pretty mediocre results despite having a very catchy song plus Psycho hype.

Sometimes I just don't get general public taste at all - both OMG songs are generic and bland yet they doing extremely well.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
@NewUser thanks for the data. Yeah seems right now to be on a similar path as Apink and maybe Itzy. We should see in the coming weeks but judging by their numbers and stability it should fall into the sub 10m range next week or the week after at best.

For real there are so many things odd in that company right now there is something so shady there, like last year they made the groups comeback literally every month but now they just went without comeback for 2 months during a pandemic and delaying Itzy comeback? WTF? They are pushing more Twice activities like monograph, compilation album in Japan and online concert than the other groups comebacks... did they ran out of money? It's crazy.

Reading one of the earlier reports about JYPE finances it seemed a big player in keeping the company in the red this year was merchandise sales and considering that's pretty much 99% TWICE it seems that's the route JYPE is going. Try to churn out as much merch for them as possible. D-Icon, Tzuyu's book, 3-4 tour lines, bundles, etc, etc. I feel like we've had so much to buy in 2020(more than ever) but with almost no activity from the group.
So it's clear JYP wants to put out as much Chinese made merchandise with massive margins as possible to make up for the millions lost in touring.
Shame.

Thanks for the data! Although there is no info on red velvet subunit, it seems like they suffering with pretty mediocre results despite having a very catchy song plus Psycho hype.

Sometimes I just don't get general public taste at all - both OMG songs are generic and bland yet they doing extremely well.
Yeah agree. I really think Dolphin for example isn't even generic-it's just straight up garbage non sense, borderline on of the worst songs in 2020, Non Stop is okay. But how is Dolphin performing better than the likes of Dumhdurum, Wannabe and even Play at this point. Just goes to show you can't really bank on what will be good for Koreans.
I mean who would have predicted OHIO from Crush would completely flop-it sound right up their alley and it's from a fairly strong digital act-yet ot's behind Somi on iChart-even Monster which is an under performer is doing better.

I don't know. But what I do know is when you buy an unwanted 2015 b-side that even the producer didn't care about you have no right to assume it will be a hit in any way shape or form.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Yeah I don't understand the GP taste sometimes as well - and I say that as someone that's not big on some of Twice's biggest hits in SK.

Dolphin never gets to this point if IU didn't promote it which is what made it jump on the charts, and has continued to promote it.

Non-Stop spent 12 weeks in the Melon top 10, that's more than every Twice song other than Cheer Up and it's just odd, as nothing else numbers or non-numbers wise would insinuate it being that big a hit.

The chart changes have really helped longevity for songs that have stuck with the GP as it's much harder to displace songs, as if on release you can't get high on the Melon 24hits chart for people to notice your song, you're going to struggle. Luckily Twice pull a lot of UL's at the start usually so their songs should still get up there, but for the artists that usually don't and needed to get high on the chart to get exposure, they'll struggle.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Yeah I don't understand the GP taste sometimes as well - and I say that as someone that's not big on some of Twice's biggest hits in SK.

Dolphin never gets to this point if IU didn't promote it which is what made it jump on the charts, and has continued to promote it.

Non-Stop spent 12 weeks in the Melon top 10, that's more than every Twice song other than Cheer Up and it's just odd, as nothing else numbers or non-numbers wise would insinuate it being that big a hit.

The chart changes have really helped longevity for songs that have stuck with the GP as it's much harder to displace songs, as if on release you can't get high on the Melon 24hits chart for people to notice your song, you're going to struggle. Luckily Twice pull a lot of UL's at the start usually so their songs should still get up there, but for the artists that usually don't and needed to get high on the chart to get exposure, they'll struggle.
I think it's just due to it beign a good medium sized hit fort he Summer and having a shit tonne of promo keeping it around, combine that with a lot of the songs that 'should' be hits and displace it(as usually happens to much much bigger songs) have just come out and under performed.

Crush, Twice, Red Velvet SU, Paul Kim, Chungha, Akmu solo, Vinxen, Exo SU and a handful of OST's all came out recently and Non Stop pretty much kept it's place by those songs either under-performing or just straight up flopping. These are all strong to decent digital acts and most are either out of the top 20 or fell out of the top 100 on week 1.

Just look at some of the songs that did actually push it out of the top 10. Bloo, Eight and Aloha are all older songs and it would still be up there if not for SSAK3 and Lee Hi.

Also LMAO at the idea of TWICE getting better or more well produced videos just because of ITZY and SKZ recent ones. Those two have pretty much had way better quality than TWICE since Yes or Yes and nothing is going to change.

The next ITZY video looks to have a great strong concept and cool cinematography already and fricken car chase in the trailer....TWICE will make do with another shitty set and lame cgi animal.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
GAON album chart(1 more update before monthly count, 1st before update on the 6th(?))

OD was out of top 100 this week which means it likely will be next week too. More & More was in 70.

56, Feel Special
70, More & More
75, Signal
83, Summer Nights
87, Twicetagram
89, Fancy You

Everytime they come back into stock Summer Nights sells super well for a reissue and will most likely be hitting 400k this year, it only needs about 21k to go and will prob' sell about 3.5k this months since it's charting has been similar to last update where it sold 3.6k.

Same for TTG will def pass 400k soon too considering it charts well even now and is on like 390k already.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
ICY was amazing in terms of MV quality, wannabe was also decent. Their new MV trailer looks very high budget and that's a good sign - maybe annual JYP composition this year will go to ITZY lol.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
ICY was amazing in terms of MV quality, wannabe was also decent. Their new MV trailer looks very high budget and that's a good sign - maybe annual JYP composition this year will go to ITZY lol.
Yeah usually when the comeback gets the works in terms of budget and effort JYP is involved and wants to give himself the best chance of it doing well.
But I was looking over JYPE's MV's since YoY era and it's pretty obvious TW probably has the lowest effort and budget MV's and the only real exception is Feel Special, tho it doesn't look cheap it's also clearly not expensive and is probably on the lower creative end also...so it's not really a good MV imho.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Yeah usually when the comeback gets the works in terms of budget and effort JYP is involved and wants to give himself the best chance of it doing well.
But I was looking over JYPE's MV's since YoY era and it's pretty obvious TW probably has the lowest effort and budget MV's and the only real exception is Feel Special, tho it doesn't look cheap it's also clearly not expensive and is probably on the lower creative end also...so it's not really a good MV imho.

Yeah, last TWICE MV I consider high-effort/high-budget was WIL. Not that before WIL every TWICE MV was a masterpiece, but at least we had Likey, Cheer Up, Signal. Anyway, this days budget needs to be allocated between 5 idol groups so it is what it is.

I would prefer TWICE to be prioritized though lol

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Yeah, last TWICE MV I consider high-effort/high-budget was WIL. Not that before WIL every TWICE MV was a masterpiece, but at least we had Likey, Cheer Up, Signal. Anyway, this days budget needs to be allocated between 5 idol groups so it is what it is.

I would prefer TWICE to be prioritized though lol
Yeah I think also, while some didn't like the MV due to length making it difficult to stream and granted it is also a Japanese comeback I think BDZ was an excellent video.

It's just a shame that we have to go as far back as 2018 and 2017 to find good MV's for TWICE which is pathetic. With just touring and the earnings on Oricon we had nearly 100m USD earned in 2019 alone from TWICE...that's probably more than all of the other groups combined over the last 2 years and yet what do Once and Twice get? Peanuts. It's fucked up imho.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
To be fair galvanizing a fandom around something we can actually affect makes sense. It's still an award and it's still a show TWICE are going to be attending so we worked hard to vote on it and it's not like Once are the only fandom working hard for it Blinks tried a lot and Army and L's have a similar thing going on too.

Not too mention Sana already talked on Vlive about seeing Once work hard for that voting and collecting hearts so it clearly matters at least somewhat to them and they clearly appreciate it...what else should we do?

Focusing on more than one thing at a time isn't impossible so if other causes aren't taking off it's because most Once don't care about them.

Like I see this truck thing being brought up a lot and it's funny to me that Blinks and others think they had anything to do with BP suddenly releasing music. The level of mental immaturity to think a business changes how it runs because a couple of thousand people see a protest truck it's just hilarious.
The only reason YG is giving any level of shit is because touring is off so without albums and merch the company can't make a dime of their groups without tours so you can bet your ass when Covid passes it's 2019 all over again for BP and you can quote me on that.

Sending trucks or trending #s wont make JYPE change either.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
To be fair galvanizing a fandom around something we can actually affect makes sense. It's still an award and it's still a show TWICE are going to be attending so we worked hard to vote on it and it's not like Once are the only fandom working hard for it Blinks tried a lot and Army and L's have a similar thing going on too.

Not too mention Sana already talked on Vlive about seeing Once work hard for that voting and collecting hearts so it clearly matters at least somewhat to them and they clearly appreciate it...what else should we do?

Focusing on more than one thing at a time isn't impossible so if other causes aren't taking off it's because most Once don't care about them.

Like I see this truck thing being brought up a lot and it's funny to me that Blinks and others think they had anything to do with BP suddenly releasing music. The level of mental immaturity to think a business changes how it runs because a couple of thousand people see a protest truck it's just hilarious.
The only reason YG is giving any level of shit is because touring is off so without albums and merch the company can't make a dime of their groups without tours so you can bet your ass when Covid passes it's 2019 all over again for BP and you can quote me on that.

Sending trucks or trending #s wont make JYPE change either.

It does and I am tired of people saying it doesn't. Back in the day Taiwanese Onces actually made him post about chart manipulation after they terrorized his instagram. Like I don't know for how long tall are actually stanning Twice yet you missed this. It worked. We did make him address that.

As for the truck, it is a joke not actual suggestion. Simple mailing or mass pming, commenting like we did before would definitely be enough

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
For those who say it JYP will ignore.

Yall are literally not even letting them know yall are disappointed. How the fuck are they gonna know? Read your fucking mind? Old people like JYP especially need schooling. Yall really dont know wtf yall are talking about. Armys made BTS the top group, yall think Bang PD with his lazy fat ass did?

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
It does and I am tired of people saying it doesn't. Back in the day Taiwanese Onces actually made him post about chart manipulation after they terrorized his instagram. Like I don't know for how long tall are actually stanning Twice yet you missed this. It worked. We did make him address that.

As for the truck, it is a joke not actual suggestion. Simple mailing or mass pming, commenting like we did before would definitely be enough
He didn't address it because of them as multiple times in JYP's career he's called out chart manipulation and yes I was stanning back than and you might also remember those same excellent, and not at all embarrassing, Taiwanese Once also bombarded his post with thousands of comments also saying to investigate BP too which turned into a fan war...so that isn't exactly a time to look back at fondly.

Also what has happened since he called out MelOn? Twice don't even go to the MMA anymore, last year they didn't get a nom in the top 10 artist even tho numbers proved they should have. You should also follow JYP and know he is fully aware of the backlash and referenced it before. His instagram has been filled for years with it..

Ya'll act like you doing something and if Once don't speak out nothing will happen? Ignoring Got7 stans have been abusing JYP for years now on Twitter and IG trending #s, posting thousands of comments...they even have a group on Twitter (@jypewhy) constantly posting about this and it has like 5k followers. They post daily and have attacked many of his personal post in the past...he see's it, the company is aware of it...hell 2 or 3 of his idols have publicly called out the treatment of them or their groups in the past and nothing happens.

JYPE has faced massive backlash publicly over the years from WG, 2PM, Miss A and Got 7 stans en masse and nothing changes with the management or creative side. The only thing that talks is money and as long as Once keep shilling for the merch and buying albums nothing will change and Once WILL NEVER stop buying album, etc on purpose and let TWICE flop and he knows it.

Once are vocal about how much they hate a lot of things currently with how he's running the group but they wont protest as they know it hasn't helped any of his other groups so far.

Also forgot to touch on the point of mass emailing which I 100% agree with, but we have done that before. KOnce did it after the M&M plagiarism issue and we have to wait and see if that get's us anywhere or if it's another shitty Naive video while Stray Kids and now ITZY get much much higher quality MV's...
But also don't forget we sent tens of thousands of emails and reports about Josh since early-mid 2019 and that fucker still let him get passed security and on a flight with Nayeon...he literally doesn't give a shit-it's all a big fake act from him...it's just pure greed and money and nothign else speaks to this goon.

Last edited:

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
He didn't address it because of them as multiple times in JYP's career he's called out chart manipulation and yes I was stanning back than and you might also remember those same excellent, and not at all embarrassing, Taiwanese Once also bombarded his post with thousands of comments also saying to investigate BP too which turned into a fan war...so that isn't exactly a time to look back at fondly.

Also what has happened since he called out MelOn? Twice don't even go to the MMA anymore, last year they didn't get a nom in the top 10 artist even tho numbers proved they should have. You should also follow JYP and know he is fully aware of the backlash and referenced it before. His instagram has been filled for years with it..

Ya'll act like you doing something and if Once don't speak out nothing will happen? Ignoring Got7 stans have been abusing JYP for years now on Twitter and IG trending #s, posting thousands of comments...they even have a group on Twitter (@jypewhy) constantly posting about this and it has like 5k followers. They post daily and have attacked many of his personal post in the past...he see's it, the company is aware of it...hell 2 or 3 of his idols have publicly called out the treatment of them or their groups in the past and nothing happens.

JYPE has faced massive backlash publicly over the years from WG, 2PM, Miss A and Got 7 stans en masse and nothing changes with the management or creative side. The only thing that talks is money and as long as Once keep shilling for the merch and buying albums nothing will change and Once WILL NEVER stop buying album, etc on purpose and let TWICE flop and he knows it.

Once are vocal about how much they hate a lot of things currently with how he's running the group but they wont protest as they know it hasn't helped any of his other groups so far.

Also forgot to touch on the point of mass emailing which I 100% agree with, but we have done that before. KOnce did it after the M&M plagiarism issue and we have to wait and see if that get's us anywhere or if it's another shitty Naive video while Stray Kids and now ITZY get much much higher quality MV's...
But also don't forget we sent tens of thousands of emails and reports about Josh since early-mid 2019 and that fucker still let him get passed security and on a flight with Nayeon...he literally doesn't give a shit-it's all a big fake act from him...it's just pure greed and money and nothign else speaks to this goon.
Tell them!! There are people here who thinks JYP and JYPE don't know that every fandom of the company artists hate them and say their management is shit? Or that they don't know Twice stylism, teasers, MV and promotions are shit for one of the biggest kpop groups? that the lack of solo activities are affecting Twice career? Delusional as hell... of course they know that already. The point is making so much pressure that they can't pretend nothing of that exist like they have been doing for years.

The problem with this fandom is that there are too much JYP boots lickers and company stans that will go to any extent to defend that shitty company and JYP trash, going against Twice career wellbeing. Not even GOT7 fandom that is entirely against the company and idiot JYP have get results, much less us with a divide fandom... but got7 fandom didn't reached that point out of nothing and they started much like us with a group of people seeing how shitty both of them are and speaking about it until their whole fandom was committed to protest. So we need to keep voicing our disconfort in every Once space until reach the melting point where almost any Onces want to protest against JYP and JYPE bullshit

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
JYPE is a public company, listed on stock exchange. Shareholders of JYPE, including man himself, clearly have specific plan regarding TWICE, and this plan, at least since the beginning of year 2018 (well, that's when I started noticing major changes in TWICE management), is based mainly not on growth of group exposure, but on profiting from existing fanbase. I guess it's pretty obvious. And ofc I don't believe that they hate earning money, or they just a bunch of noncompetent fools etc. Probably they think investements they would have to put into promoting TWICE further may not work for them in the long run, or they want their profits right now for some reasons and not going to reinvest them. So in the end, the most effective way to change their view on things is to vote with your wallets.

Unfortunatelly, considering the fact that TWICE is on their fifth year, if fanbase will start massive boycotts of some kind, that may push things towards cut of activities or even disbandement. I guess, emailing JYPE is definitely a way to show an opinion, but judging from twitter, most of the fanbase is pretty OK with what's going on right now.

Anyway, next comeback is most likely already decided and planned, being in the middle of preparations, so I just hope I will be able to enjoy it lol

Top Bottom