【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
While I do like how RV subunit or SKZ being promoted right now with lots of videos of different kind, having in mind how limited TWICE budget was recently (and probably will be restricted even more with Nizi debut) I'm afraid we'll have some Fancy level of MV with bs quality collateral stuff if JYPE chooses to go that way. Maybe it will be better to concentrate money, and film quality MV without any additions\double releases.

I mean, some large-scale project like MADE will never happen anyway. JYPE uses the same release\teaser\promotion pattern for every TWICE comeback with minor alterations (some of those alterations were not even welcomed like disappearance of teaser timetable)
JYP doesn't know the meaning of re-investment. Tell me how a company looking to grow and compete with the likes of YGe, SM and Big Hit is affording to take 30m in take home profits? 30 million USD just taken into the pockets of board members and inverters meaninwhile the company is struggling to grow-I mean it's value is lower than 2 years ago. We also have issues of MV's and a lot of the production looking like crap...yet these guys are looking for quick paydays..

I expect very little budget to be set aside in October.

Once should settle their expectations. It's gonna be a mini, it's 90% gonna be a JYP song trying to cash in on emotion and goodwill due to the anniversary, it's gonna be filmed and directed by Niave and Republic is likely going to do a fat 0 for it again.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
While I do like how RV subunit or SKZ being promoted right now with lots of videos of different kind, having in mind how limited TWICE budget was recently (and probably will be restricted even more with Nizi debut) I'm afraid we'll have some Fancy level of MV with bs quality collateral stuff if JYPE chooses to go that way. Maybe it will be better to concentrate money, and film quality MV without any additions\double releases.

I mean, some large-scale project like MADE will never happen anyway. JYPE uses the same release\teaser\promotion pattern for every TWICE comeback with minor alterations (some of those alterations were not even welcomed like disappearance of teaser timetable)

Yeah it's never going to happen and i'm definitely not getting my expectations up to that. Honestly, the 9 month wait for M&M which was the longest we've ever had?, the Republic signing, all 9 back together. If there was one time I was expecting an all out comeback it was then but we ended up with one of the most underwhelming comebacks Twice have ever had, with barely anything different promotion and effort wise.

So yeah, my expectations are low.

But I really do want Twice to have their "magnus opus" so to speak as unlikely as it is, as I don't think they've had that release yet. Everything is just so title track-centric.

In the back of my mind I'm still hoping for that one release where we get extensive promotion because a) their b-sides are underrated and don't get the credit they deserve b) the members don't get the credit they deserve, so if we get more than just group tracks on a full album that members can promote both the group and themselves it's a double positive c) linked with b, musically it'll cement their legacy. I don't pay much attention to it but people ragging on their talent/music and antis blowing things up as much as possible to accentuate it (i.e. Momo's encore)...honestly I want Twice to have that one legendary release

But yeah, not expecting it, but in the back of my mind still hoping for it lmao

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Dreamer effect lol
Somehow that entire thread, that didn't even last a full page so far, sums AKP up perfectly...

A bunch of out of-the-loop low education users throwing a tantrum.

I remember that user, not very fondly I'll add. An Itzy stan that routinely gets Twice dragged for her shit talking and constant obsession with BP. Honestly I don't want a Jin Young Park produced title as much as the next Once but imagine being a guy with near 30 years experience and hard work in the K-music industry having to take daily shit from an entitled Midzy shit stain who's nothing of a group have done fuck all for the company and fell out of JYPE's snatch all but 10 minutes ago...

Yeah. That's a hard pass from me. Lmao.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
JYP doesn't know the meaning of re-investment. Tell me how a company looking to grow and compete with the likes of YGe, SM and Big Hit is affording to take 30m in take home profits? 30 million USD just taken into the pockets of board members and inverters meaninwhile the company is struggling to grow-I mean it's value is lower than 2 years ago. We also have issues of MV's and a lot of the production looking like crap...yet these guys are looking for quick paydays..

I expect very little budget to be set aside in October.

Once should settle their expectations. It's gonna be a mini, it's 90% gonna be a JYP song trying to cash in on emotion and goodwill due to the anniversary, it's gonna be filmed and directed by Niave and Republic is likely going to do a fat 0 for it again.
Do you have the financial report where that it shows, I want to use it? I lowkey always had that impression, that JYP is working like a big cash machine to the investors that take most of the money every quarter, leaving the groups with the bare minimum every time.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Yikes, i knew i shouldnt go back snooping..the shit you see from garbage users....
Had to throw that tantrum lmfao And of course it attracted familiar faces.

The highlights of the thread:

"Twice will never have a rlly big expensive mv until they fully go for the mature concept

Twice is entirely base on the image of girls next door and the fact that they are relatable

Expensive mv have more this image of chic, trendy image, supper duper etc...
Who make you think damn this people are popstars, i'll never be able to touch them
At least it's the feeling i have from BP mv when i see them"

kESJ08.gif

Twice can't have good quality MV because that would make them unrelatable:dogeLaugh:

Last edited:

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Fairly irrelevant stat but I do sort of keep track out of interest.

Since April, Twice have seen their Melon followers increase 3k
BP 16k
RV 4k (only sub-unit comeback in the period)
MMM 1k (no comeback in the period)
OMG 21k

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
serious question, are you sure about this one?
Yes. In terms of hype from long awaited comeback of course. They will have had 3 in 4 months. So it's the overall quality that will carry rather than say people checking them out because it's been such big hype.

Just imagine the August song sucks ass for example and kind of tanks...6 weeks wont build much anticipation so it'll be down to high quality music which is always a what if.

munyuna

孟美岐 ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭80,835
Yes. In terms of hype from long awaited comeback of course. They will have had 3 in 4 months. So it's the overall quality that will carry rather than say people checking them out because it's been such big hype.

Just imagine the August song sucks ass for example and kind of tanks...6 weeks wont build much anticipation so it'll be down to high quality music which is always a what if.

if i have to bet on a down hype from their next two releases, i would bet the August single because HYLT is still strong and *if* the featuring artist is too disappointing. but the lead single for their long-awaited first full album...will certainly make waves. but well, we shall wait and see. always cheering for twice as usual :)

also congrats to them for getting a double platinum album, twice really raised the bar for physical sales in this generation and only got strong competition on their 5th year

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Album totals following update.

Feel Special=453,427
Summer Nights=382,040
More & More=566,853
Fancy You=417,058

Also...

Finally. This also extends Twice record as the idol group with the most songs with DL certs. Only IU has more and Bol4 is equal.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Looks like no solo fancams for the Twice concert unlike other concerts on the same platform - trending in SK.

I'm curious how many sections of the fanbase they can annoy by the time the year is over

trace

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,400

As expected, around 3k this month of More&More in Gaon chart. Three other albums got at least 3k sales this month as well. Since Twice will have an online concert, I am expecting around 7k shipment in MM for the month of August. Overall, 600k end of the year shipment is still possible.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
@Elessar I don't have them to hand but you can read summaries on any major investing sites. It'll give you a break down of what the yearly or quarterly takings and outgoings were and (not specifically) will tell you were those earnings came from. From the overview with my limited business knowledge you can see the overall operating cost of the company don't really match month on month with the net profits.

It appears each year a large portion of the profits just come out of the company without being re-invested. Which obviously is normal, that's how business works...the things is tho JYPE's is much higher than any other public entertainment company in Korea...and we see fans taking this and saying 'Queens did that' or 'Say thanks to Twice' or some other shit like that as if it's a good thing, when in reality what is happening in JYP Entertainment is generating a huge profit and the vast vast majority of that is being written off as take home and the product(production, mv, songs, styling, etc) within the company is at an all time low.

So it's not a good thing by any stretch-it paints an obvious picture of shareholders using current groups with low expenditure to harvest fast, large, short terms gains.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Looks like no solo fancams for the Twice concert unlike other concerts on the same platform - trending in SK.

I'm curious how many sections of the fanbase they can annoy by the time the year is over

Yeah, at this point I would fully understand if people started to un stan and just move on. It's just obvious JYP thinks us fans are morons and nothing other than cash cows. They stopped caring a while ago and it's time for fans to stop putting fanwars and competition with other groups as a reason to blindly pay for and support a low quality, garbage product these days.

This is imho just another nail. The fans now boycotting an online concert days before hand...such a bad look.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Does anyone actually have any insights on MV costs? Like how much did YG pay for Winner's MVs directed by Dave Meyers?

I only ever once saw MV costs being announced. It was Infinite's Destiny filmed in Universal Studios and costed 900k$

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Does anyone actually have any insights on MV costs? Like how much did YG pay for Winner's MVs directed by Dave Meyers?

I only ever once saw MV costs being announced. It was Infinite's Destiny filmed in Universal Studios and costed 900k$

I can't really point out the source of this info, but back in 2016 or even 2015 onces on twitter used to say LOA costed around 250k.
Take it with a grain of salt.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845

No. I think unless a company specifically says or releases it too the media I really don't think we have a way of seeing how much each cost but just using what some idols have said or hinted at in the past for a baseline figure.

You can check some of them here tho! It's the most expensive MV's and it contains some offcial figures for Kpop MV's and from that you can kind of take guesses based on the level of production value a semi-ball park figure for average MV cost.

SES having an MV over 1.5m and T-ara and BAP with 1 over a million also.

But according to an article I read before from JYP the company broke down rough costings.

To debut Twice it was roughly 450k USD. The article also claimed(this was as per 2015/16) that an MV cost roughly 150m Won for them to produce, which is around 100 grand. At the time tho I think that figure was based on MV's from their early years.

Tho the original sourced article for that on Newsen is currently deleted soo..

Also Dreamers you got your wish I suppose as some Once are doing a boycott currently with Korean fans en masse refunding their Beyond Live tickets-even big accounts like Zard are. Maybe some Once are finally sick of JYPE shits and are voting with their wallets now

Top Bottom