【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
I'm curious as to the number of viewers the concert may have attracted.

The comments were at 220+ thousand at the end and the hearts were at 120+m.

NCT ended with about 242m hearts-but things to keep in mind is they are a BG so they tend to be better at that kind of thing and also they had individual member focuses so a lot of people were watching on 2 device and spamming more hearts.

Super M also had individual cams too and ended with about 100m hearts which if that means anything they had 75k viewers. So who knows.

I think Twice may be between 70-100 thousand, something like that.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Another manager left lol

No one wants to work in JYP. Probably company doesn't even pay their employees properly. Biggest profit my ass.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Tendo....nooo.

Was checking the UL's of recent Twice b-sides and have to say, K-fans really just don't seem to listen/like Twice b-sides?

Sweet Summer Day: https://xn--o39an51b2re.com/melon/dailyrecord/32636662
Oxygen: https://xn--o39an51b2re.com/melon/dailyrecord/32636657
Make Me Go: https://xn--o39an51b2re.com/melon/dailyrecord/32636659
Shadow: https://xn--o39an51b2re.com/melon/dailyrecord/32636660

Barely over two months and they already struggle to get more than 2/3k listeners
I think it's because Twice really don't promote B-sides at all and it's only been since maybe mid to late 2018 they had considerably strong side tracks, probably on starting with Fancy You for most people to be honest, so the GP don't get to hear the newer b-sides and they probably remember the older tracks being a little...sub par.

So I don't think most GP care at all for them and that won't change until Twice properly push a b-side from their new albums. They had Firework, Oxygen, Shadow and Sweet Summer Day imho that any one of those could have been pushed on music shows and variety and done well enough for them...but nobody can care about the song if they never hear it.

Also if you look at say a group with a 'trusted' record of 'quality' side tracks like RV many of their songs fall into 2-4k UL around 2-3 months in also. BlackPink, excluding FY, also eventually fall into this level for most B-sides too....granted they tend to hold higher UL's for about 2-3 months longer, but we could also assume that has something to do with the fact that they have less total songs than most groups do titles.

So I think their fans tend to be more appreciative of newer music, but even Sour Candy for example has pretty low UL's now and that's about the same age as M&M and a huge collab with a legend....so I think something more is at play.

Like maybe they DL the songs or something...?

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Jihyo and Mina leaving this football team is just ridiculous. I mean one of them is currently dating openly and the second one was, let's say, linked with some plausible dating rumors. Basically, no one should care, right?

Yet, among all the participants, it's them who decided to withdraw. Are k-onces so agressive when it comes to dating rumors?

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Tendo....nooo.

I think it's because Twice really don't promote B-sides at all and it's only been since maybe mid to late 2018 they had considerably strong side tracks, probably on starting with Fancy You for most people to be honest, so the GP don't get to hear the newer b-sides and they probably remember the older tracks being a little...sub par.

So I don't think most GP care at all for them and that won't change until Twice properly push a b-side from their new albums. They had Firework, Oxygen, Shadow and Sweet Summer Day imho that any one of those could have been pushed on music shows and variety and done well enough for them...but nobody can care about the song if they never hear it.

Also if you look at say a group with a 'trusted' record of 'quality' side tracks like RV many of their songs fall into 2-4k UL around 2-3 months in also. BlackPink, excluding FY, also eventually fall into this level for most B-sides too....granted they tend to hold higher UL's for about 2-3 months longer, but we could also assume that has something to do with the fact that they have less total songs than most groups do titles.

So I think their fans tend to be more appreciative of newer music, but even Sour Candy for example has pretty low UL's now and that's about the same age as M&M and a huge collab with a legend....so I think something more is at play.

Like maybe they DL the songs or something...?

Yeah I get not charting well as JYPE do the grand sum of zero in promoting them, i'm just surprised with the size of Twice's fanbase (which is bigger than the other GG's) that the UL's are that low already. I guess downloading could explain it but then they should initially chart higher on Melon as that's based on 60% downloads.

Maybe I'm biased as all I've been doing for the last two months is listening to 2/3 b-sides from the album

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Yeah I get not charting well as JYPE do the grand sum of zero in promoting them, i'm just surprised with the size of Twice's fanbase (which is bigger than the other GG's) that the UL's are that low already. I guess downloading could explain it but then they should initially chart higher on Melon as that's based on 60% downloads.

Maybe I'm biased as all I've been doing for the last two months is listening to 2/3 b-sides from the album
You got to think tho, with the change to twice 2.0 and the expansion of the fandom a lot of the fans still love Twice but don't exactly love their sound compared to 2018/17 when talking domestically.

Also a good portion of Twice hard core fanbase has moved away from Melon following the Nilo, Shaun issues, the award snubs, the non attendance of MMA, etc a lot of K-Once just aren't bothered with Melon anymore.

I think we'd see more long ter UL retention if a few things were changed. Much better promo for B-sides to show the general public Twice albums do have depth and quality and shake the image they still have of putting out lesser quality b-sides. More b-sides that are in line with Korean Once taste also.

But I really don't know. Twice have this image over the last few years of being a title track based GG and I don't know if they'll ever really shake that even among some fans.

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Twice only got 7 subs like chinese and thai subs and uploaded at the same time of the video only when it was for a reaction to a JYP MV. That speaks to loud about how that company works. First the staff only works diligently when JYP is related and second they can afford to give those things to their groups but they choose not do it. This make me think how Fancy was so messed up with a MV full of green screen and bad cgi, poor bad edited teasers and overall low budget and production... and then!! 5 months later everything was fine and better for Feel Special

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Twice only got 7 subs like chinese and thai subs and uploaded at the same time of the video only when it was for a reaction to a JYP MV. That speaks to loud about how that company works. First the staff only works diligently when JYP is related and second they can afford to give those things to their groups but they choose not do it. This make me think how Fancy was so messed up with a MV full of green screen and bad cgi, poor bad edited teasers and overall low budget and production... and then!! 5 months later everything was fine and better for Feel Special
Yeah it's pretty pathetic to be honest.

We also see clear, concise creative ideas in the MV for WWD. It has an obvious story and direction unlike Twice which is just a collection of scene cobbled together.

I think this is fully unacceptable to leave Twice content as long as a few weeks without subtitles and still to this day not have options for Spanish on most or Thai on any....it's seems obvious they have people within the company who can translate for those yet it's only available when it's JYP content?

It seems once again Itzy is getting a higher budget video than Twice too....I mean when did this company get a 'lets take Twice money and give it to lesser acts' policy?

Seems like bullshit to me.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
i bet its not div 3 who create when we disco reaction content.

its jyp personal team. and they use twice to promote his ass. wtf

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
i bet its not div 3 who create when we disco reaction content.

its jyp personal team. and they use twice to promote his ass. wtf
Exactly cos I don't get it. JYP is supposed to be in the same div as Twice yet his content so far suggest otherwise.

jud

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,100
Looking at comments under this video - j-onces had enough of being used only as wallets by Warner. They really pissed on this 5 seconds hi-touch scam. Expect huge drop in sales for next japan album.

Last edited:

trace

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,400
Looking at comments under this video - j-onces had enough of being used only as wallets by Warner. They really pissed on this 5 seconds hi-touch scam. Expect huge drop in sales for next japan album.

So many pissed J-Onces :sip:

I've been wondering for a while now if Warner has started to be very lazy just because Twice shifted to a new image and that the previous Twice image was given to Niziu. It's like they have given up and not interested to invest more to the new Twice. :meh:

There was an analyst report where they expected BP to sell 750K of their upcoming album. The exact report said 1.05M including HYLT + Aug 28 release + 1st full album. Nobody knows if they will actually release a physical album for the Aug 28 release though.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
So many pissed J-Onces :sip:

I've been wondering for a while now if Warner has started to be very lazy just because Twice shifted to a new image and that the previous Twice image was given to Niziu. It's like they have given up and not interested to invest more to the new Twice. :meh:

There was an analyst report where they expected BP to sell 750K of their upcoming album. The exact report said 1.05M including HYLT + Aug 28 release + 1st full album. Nobody knows if they will actually release a physical album for the Aug 28 release though.

It's just a matter of time when BP will start outselling TWICE in album sales, they've got too big and will go even bigger probably (totally deserved, imo). Just accept it and relax I guess.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845

Yeah, this guy is one of the biggest Momo stans around and I know a lot of people in Jan' were anticipating his videos and Tweets about the dating because he sort of represents a good look into the mindset of a lot of J-once in that demographic.

But it seems a lot of his fans aren't happy at all. Which Twice have a lot of young female fans in Japan, but these guys represent a huge % of the buying fandom so this #Twice3 is going to be a disaster imho.

If I'm honest I wouldn't be surprised if it was 50-100k max by the end of 2020. It's a fucking 50USD compilation album with a bunch of previously released songs and a scam fan event....it's only gonna be around 35 days before their October comeback....hmm.

So 1.05m with HYLT-which already has 300k? So somewhere around 700k sales, which is huge but somehow really a lot less than I thought. Taking into account over 350k has already been saved over the last 8 months....they expect without the money collection they would have only 'naturally' sold 400k to 450k....which makes sense looking at HYLT only selling 300k. If you factor in another version and a few extra songs you wouldn't really expect HYLT to have bemped sales more than 200k extra.
I think that's really low, if J Once had saved, donated and e-begged since early Feb and launched in Oct it would be very disappointing to only see around 700k considering Twice sold 566k on a mini with only about 15k donated copies, not over 350k....hmm

Reading the full article it also seems like this is counting all of BP's sales for releases in Q3, So HYLT, The Album and they also say Aug 28th single...I wonder will that have a smaller release? Like a western style jewel case too? Interesting. These investor reports never low ball or go into the realm of non sense, so if they are hinting 700-750 it's likely not gonna be more or much less.

Last edited:

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Stocks looking healthy for the the first time in a while. But looking at it's entirely explosive upward growth and referencing that with other companies it seems it's also a market thing rather than company alone.

Tho it's cap is much higher than SM and YG and it's share price is so high too so I think investor trust is starting to grow again.

Realistically it's going to be tough for other companies to compete with JYP next year(besides BH) since Exo are dead in the water and Beakhyun has to enlist soon-the only album carries they will have is NCT and RV do okay....but that's pretty weak line up. YG have BP and Treasure but the rest can't move physical at all.

But JYPE's roster is so strong at physical atm even without a massive BG carry. Twice selling 2m+ each year consistently and with the ability to ship near 600k now and Stray Kids at 250, Got7 400+ and Itzy able to likely push 200k this comeback is already huge since all have multiple comebacks a year and then we have the unknown of Niziu who will likely sell a minimum of 300k but could easily see it being over 500k in Japan.

I don't think any company has the depth of roster JYPE do. When touring starts up too Twice out toured every GG in 2019 and that was with JYPE being too conservative in Japan and no Europe and SK/Itzy will start putting good numbers on the board too and Got7 with a couple of stadiums in Thailand and another big world tour...it's going to be JYPEs biggest year in 2021 if touring kicks back up.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Stocks looking healthy for the the first time in a while. But looking at it's entirely explosive upward growth and referencing that with other companies it seems it's also a market thing rather than company alone.

Tho it's cap is much higher than SM and YG and it's share price is so high too so I think investor trust is starting to grow again.

Realistically it's going to be tough for other companies to compete with JYP next year(besides BH) since Exo are dead in the water and Beakhyun has to enlist soon-the only album carries they will have is NCT and RV do okay....but that's pretty weak line up. YG have BP and Treasure but the rest can't move physical at all.

But JYPE's roster is so strong at physical atm even without a massive BG carry. Twice selling 2m+ each year consistently and with the ability to ship near 600k now and Stray Kids at 250, Got7 400+ and Itzy able to likely push 200k this comeback is already huge since all have multiple comebacks a year and then we have the unknown of Niziu who will likely sell a minimum of 300k but could easily see it being over 500k in Japan.

I don't think any company has the depth of roster JYPE do. When touring starts up too Twice out toured every GG in 2019 and that was with JYPE being too conservative in Japan and no Europe and SK/Itzy will start putting good numbers on the board too and Got7 with a couple of stadiums in Thailand and another big world tour...it's going to be JYPEs biggest year in 2021 if touring kicks back up.

Most of the times when kpop fans are discussing stocks movements, those are just overall market trends. It's most likely USA stocks that basically recovered from covid downfall carrying world's indexes as usual.

Top Bottom