【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
You guys don't get it. The point isn't the instant result. Like no one is saying that we email him today, tomorrow James Cameron will film a Twice MV.

This is just a bare minimum that we can do and I don't know why we shouldn't.

You guys are sounding like typical "My vote won't change anything" crowd and then morons who don't think like that elect their politicians.

This isn't about results. This is about moral obligations. Like 5 years into the future I will know that I did something, doesn't matter what or how big it was but I did. I will have no regrets. I don't wanna have regrets.

I've been singing this tune since Fancy and people kept saying "next time, next time". It's been two comeback, more if we count Japanese releases. Shit only got worse. And I already regret not being persistent enough during that period. Like it took yall 2 comebacks to at least agree with me. I should've done more.

Anyway, I am not anticipating next comeback. Waiting for every next comeback with a hope that it wont suck, this is what yall are signing up for at this point. And I ain't gonna do that, no thanks. Already been there with Gfriend. I ain't gonna watch another ship sink. I am out.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
@abra Yes you're right, but only from one point of view. The point of view that JYPE isn't an authority so their hands are tied on a lot of things. You're obviously correct JYP can't stop a free person from buying a ticket and getting on a flight.

But that's also a black and white way to look at it. For example did you know hours before they even boarded the flight we had pictures of the stalker and his brother in the terminal waiting for Nayeon. We had en masse sent those images to JYPE fan email for reports, spammed @JYPETWICE, @FollowJYP and @JypNation with the pictures and reliable warnings from fans at the terminal that the stalker and his brother were at the airport and planning to get on the flight in business class.

But nothing was done. They are a huge company-they could have given her extra security, re-scheduled for a later, safer flight. They could have used their managers to contact airport staff and inform them a stalker who currently has an application for a restraining order was in the airport and potentially planning on getting on the flight....but they did none of that and as a result Nayeon was essentially accosted on flight by a man who has made multiple threats on her life in business class and had to resort to begging for help via instagram.

Why? Because that lazy piece of trash company that made well over 100m from TWICE in 2019 is too cheap to hire more than 2 social media managers so they don't even see the messages we send, they don't even take those huge profits(30m alone last year) and hire extra security most of the time.

They can't actively remove a guy from a flight, no that's true. But they can certainly do better than what they did, which was pretty much nothing at all.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
JYPE is a public company, listed on stock exchange. Shareholders of JYPE, including man himself, clearly have specific plan regarding TWICE, and this plan, at least since the beginning of year 2018 (well, that's when I started noticing major changes in TWICE management), is based mainly not on growth of group exposure, but on profiting from existing fanbase. I guess it's pretty obvious. And ofc I don't believe that they hate earning money, or they just a bunch of noncompetent fools etc. Probably they think investements they would have to put into promoting TWICE further may not work for them in the long run, or they want their profits right now for some reasons and not going to reinvest them. So in the end, the most effective way to change their view on things is to vote with your wallets.

Unfortunatelly, considering the fact that TWICE is on their fifth year, if fanbase will start massive boycotts of some kind, that may push things towards cut of activities or even disbandement. I guess, emailing JYPE is definitely a way to show an opinion, but judging from twitter, most of the fanbase is pretty OK with what's going on right now.

Anyway, next comeback is most likely already decided and planned, being in the middle of preparations, so I just hope I will be able to enjoy it lol

It is obvious which makes it pretty annoying.

This whole if Twice aren't releasing music they do nothing outside of core fandom stuff is just detrimental.

You see these other groups all do a lot outside of comeback promotions to keep relevance, even as a group outside of their own releases (harder as a 9 no doubt but looking at MMM collabing with Rain who has a lot of popularity currently), it's not a surprise Twice are falling away slowly. They're not doing anything to try and maintain the relevance they had. Twice are less and less exposed and therefore relevant to the GP as the months go on and in kpop there's so much competition that you can already see the impact. Twice can't rely on big hits every comeback anymore so something needs to change, it feels like multiple groups are now more exposed and part of SK culture day in day out than Twice are (I'd be adding OMG to this list as well, they have members doing web-dramas which has really helped Arin's popularity, members appearing on dance shows etc and the impact shows)

I'd be curious to know if Twice or any members get offers of collabs and whatnot, musically that is.

And it's not as if Twice are doing less in SK to do more elsewhere, because they're not, they've also been doing less in Japan over the last 18 months.

Twice also have the disadvantage of JYPE churning out so many groups so they already have two GG's who essentially they compete for resources and attention with. SM still only have RV ad YG still only BP.

Twice really got the short end of the stick for longevity with JYPE and how they run things.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845

This whole if Twice aren't releasing music they do nothing outside of core fandom stuff is just detrimental.

You see these other groups all do a lot outside of comeback promotions to keep relevance, even as a group outside of their own releases (harder as a 9 no doubt but looking at MMM collabing with Rain who has a lot of popularity currently), it's not a surprise Twice are falling away slowly. They're not doing anything to try and maintain the relevance they had. Twice are less and less exposed and therefore relevant to the GP as the months go on and in kpop there's so much competition that you can already see the impact. Twice can't rely on big hits every comeback anymore so something needs to change, it feels like multiple groups are now more exposed and part of SK culture day in day out than Twice are (I'd be adding OMG to this list as well, they have members doing web-dramas which has really helped Arin's popularity, members appearing on dance shows etc and the impact shows)

I'd be curious to know if Twice or any members get offers of collabs and whatnot, musically that is.

And it's not as if Twice are doing less in SK to do more elsewhere, because they're not, they've also been doing less in Japan over the last 18 months.

Twice also have the disadvantage of JYPE churning out so many groups so they already have two GG's who essentially they compete for resources and attention with. SM still only have RV ad YG still only BP.

Twice really got the short end of the stick for longevity with JYPE and how they run things.
I would say for sure. I think over the last 4-5 years Twice have been such a hot and trendy group and when you look at every other top group from BTS, Exo, BlackPink, Red Velvet, Mamamoo, and on and on....just so many OST's, collabs, etcs for members of these groups so I'm certain an absolute boat load has come in-particularly for a few members and I'm certain JYPE has turned them down.

I mean it's shown itself time and time again to be not only beneficial for the individual members of each of those groups, but also a huge boon to the groups themselves. So I think it could be a big benefit to Twice to have a few major solo schedules in Korea and maybe Japan each year from here on out.

I also think, look at most big groups-when was the last time they booked new full group CF's? Even BP don't really anymore and rely on individuals. In 2020 Lisa has booked about 5 brand new CF's while the group of BP has booked I think 0 and in fact lost Samsung....so it shows companies aren't interested in paying millions of Dollars for whole groups when they may only want one or two members for a lower price...I think the 9 or none marketing hurts Twice in this respect also as I'm confident JYPE is likely turning down individual earning opportunities for the members which is good for Twice-but what about in 5 years time?

Will the members be relevant when the groups fades? No, not with the current promo style. So it could be a huge benefit to start some slight solo activities and some solo CF's too-just let the solo magazines they've been doing over the last few months be a start and if Twice still comes first and it doesn't harm group promo's collabs, features, CF's, Ost, etc can only be a positive right?

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
@abra Yes you're right, but only from one point of view. The point of view that JYPE isn't an authority so their hands are tied on a lot of things. You're obviously correct JYP can't stop a free person from buying a ticket and getting on a flight.

But that's also a black and white way to look at it. For example did you know hours before they even boarded the flight we had pictures of the stalker and his brother in the terminal waiting for Nayeon. We had en masse sent those images to JYPE fan email for reports, spammed @JYPETWICE, @FollowJYP and @JypNation with the pictures and reliable warnings from fans at the terminal that the stalker and his brother were at the airport and planning to get on the flight in business class.

But nothing was done. They are a huge company-they could have given her extra security, re-scheduled for a later, safer flight. They could have used their managers to contact airport staff and inform them a stalker who currently has an application for a restraining order was in the airport and potentially planning on getting on the flight....but they did none of that and as a result Nayeon was essentially accosted on flight by a man who has made multiple threats on her life in business class and had to resort to begging for help via instagram.

Why? Because that lazy piece of trash company that made well over 100m from TWICE in 2019 is too cheap to hire more than 2 social media managers so they don't even see the messages we send, they don't even take those huge profits(30m alone last year) and hire extra security most of the time.

They can't actively remove a guy from a flight, no that's true. But they can certainly do better than what they did, which was pretty much nothing at all.
They can't even take down his youtube channel where he upload psychotic videos harassing her, I don't even understand how is that impossible for a verified company who has direct contact with Youtube.

This, before the online concert announce I was about to rant on twitter about how Twice do nothing in SK when they don't have comebacks, 2018-2020 was basically JYP milking Twice albums, concerts and merch sales endlessly and going to Idol Room plus 2 or 3 other shows during comeback promotions then shipping them immediately to do the next concert or album release. Is the fact that almost in anything the 9 of them have to be there that make everything harder too.

I think just like me some of y'all need to start talking about all this in twitter that is the sns more important to spread things, start spreading the reality that Twice is facing to wake up this fandom sooner or later, the big mass of Onces need to realize this before we could even think in take some serious action.

munyuna

孟美岐 ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,835
Asking here because the thread is active - does anyone know that site that shows Melon's top1000 and daily listeners? i can't remember the name for the life of me

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Fans are so sure TWICE girls will prolong their contracts "to be in TWICE forver" and while I do believe that girls are interested in TWICE as a group, they are definitely planning their future careers as well. I believe that they will bring up this question when contracts renewal discussions take place.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Asking here because the thread is active - does anyone know that site that shows Melon's top1000 and daily listeners? i can't remember the name for the life of me
This one?

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
If you guys still have hope, go check out Itzy teaser lol
ITZY teaser ain't too bad. The graphics team fucked up some what...I mean the 'Not Shy' covering up the credits aesthetic is kind of like 'what's that about'? The styling is okay-ish. Could be better but I've also seen a lot worse.

But the MV teaser is one of the best I've seen recently. I mean it's got good filming, unique premise so far that we haven't seen at least recently and a car chase scene-so just from the teaser it looks to have ten times the creativity and budget of some stuff from JYPE in the past.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
From the look of the styling and what not it would seem ITZY will be sort of retro sound and with JYP and Sunmi coming back with a similar thing being maybe disco I have lost all faith...

I mean someone need to shake this guy and tell him the 70's and 80's aren't coming back, that sound is dead stop trying to make it happen...it's infuriating...you think as by far Twice biggest flop in Japan F&T would have told him that or after the disaster that was Fever....get a fucking clue.

jud

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,100
From the look of the styling and what not it would seem ITZY will be sort of retro sound and with JYP and Sunmi coming back with a similar thing being maybe disco I have lost all faith...

I mean someone need to shake this guy and tell him the 70's and 80's aren't coming back, that sound is dead stop trying to make it happen...it's infuriating...you think as by far Twice biggest flop in Japan F&T would have told him that or after the disaster that was Fever....get a fucking clue.
I think retro is actually popular this year - for example Weeknd recent album or Doja Cat "Say So" was clearly 80s inspired. And seems like that next BTS single will also have retro concept.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
I think retro is actually popular this year - for example Weeknd recent album or Doja Cat "Say So" was clearly 80s inspired. And seems like that next BTS single will also have retro concept.
Yes, those were popular in the US and Europe as well as some other regions. But neither of those songs were hits or even done well in Korea or Japan. I mean Say So did okay-ish in Korea I suppose.

But look if something ain't hot in your primary market you're gonna struggle to retain fans and public support long term.

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
JYP announcing the comeback with around 2 months of anticipation, this is good. But we will have to endure 2 months of constant hate from kpop stans damn, also the clowns in that JYP boy group fandom started to cry and hate on Twice. Let's do the best and let's expect those useless companies don't mess up everything like with M&M

Last edited:

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Going to be a one month gap between twice3 and new album which is not that good in terms of physical sales, but TWICE should really try and get their public relevance back with a hit so I'm ok with that.

Wish JYPE will put them after BTS and BP though, that would be perfect.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
It's not going to happen but I wish for once we'd get a double release or some kind of substantial effort on a release.

With a Japanese release in September and probably the likelihood of them trying to get one more Japanese single out before the year end makes it next to impossible though.

You see other groups having weeks of plans for a single album/mini release, with multiple MV's and interesting roll-outs (including SKZ), but I know we're just going to get the same thing ad-nauseum for the roll-out, as they won't have time as the next release will be around the corner as usual.

Twice have a defining release in them, a bit like MADE, where they can highlight different concepts and their b-sides for a legendary album people will remember, but I don't think it'll ever happen at JYPE and how they like running Twice.

Anyhow just keep JYP away from the title.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
@Elessar Yeah glad we have time to prepare, save, build hype, etc and agree that's gotta be on the fans since we cant rely on the company and fuck the other group stans to be honest. That fandom complains about Twice all the time and act's like just because they massively outperform their faves is due to huge favoritism and some kind of enormous investment JYPE puts in them, when we all know since about 2019 Twice have got the bare minimum from the company...so they can keep crying on that shitty sAvE JyPe GrOuPs page they got going on.

@colorpop @NewUser Yeah the placement of #T3 now just seems even more stupid as in October we're realistically talking about two possible dates(assuming they don't move to a Friday) Which is the 19th and 26th. 95% it'll be the 19th due to it being the anniversary. That's just about 34 days after #T3...which is so so stupid..

I mean it's not even a real comeback just a shitty compilation album, with likely little to no promotion and 0 events...I just see that selling like 80-90 thousand maximum right now.

But since it's an anniversary and Jinyoung Park will for some oddball reason think the fans(who most of us hate his music) will want him on the track in some form...like no, not even on the lyrics...just stay out of it...keep JYP and shitty RR producers like dog shit Julia Micheals away from it.

As for the timing I'm actually pretty happy with it-BP is early in the month and with the August release and the HYLT being so close all hype will be dead-they'll be fresh in the minds of the public so it wont be long term anticipation or waiting that carries but purely song quality so I'll take that happily. As for BTS...9 times out of 10 they are irrelevant on the digital chart(unless we're talking long term zombie streaming), I know they'll get wins but honestly after they likely take a licking off BP in August I doubt BH we want to risk another beat down off Twice or BP in October.

My be is pending the result of August they will likely wait until November and cash in on the Jin going to the military good will.

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
While I do like how RV subunit or SKZ being promoted right now with lots of videos of different kind, having in mind how limited TWICE budget was recently (and probably will be restricted even more with Nizi debut) I'm afraid we'll have some Fancy level of MV with bs quality collateral stuff if JYPE chooses to go that way. Maybe it will be better to concentrate money, and film quality MV without any additions\double releases.

I mean, some large-scale project like MADE will never happen anyway. JYPE uses the same release\teaser\promotion pattern for every TWICE comeback with minor alterations (some of those alterations were not even welcomed like disappearance of teaser timetable)

Top Bottom