【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Do you think we have a shot at 100k? I think it’ll be close. It has to sell around 2.5k daily to reach it.
I think we do have a shot at 100K. Fancy You and Feel Special were also a bit slow around the middle of the pre-order sales period, but ended with some large orders on the last couple of days (possibly from sales via donations being collected). Also, the current preorder numbers are just for 3 sales outlets. so the actual preorder numbers are actually larger.The big question is whether the pandemic is affecting some fans' disposable income and spending patterns. We may get high preorder numbers (from hardcore / dedicated fans) but still fall short on album sales from casual fans and GP. We'll have to wait and see. in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

StayOnceForTwice

The King of Caring Too Much About Album Sales
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
I think we do have a shot at 100K. Fancy You and Feel Special was also a bit slow around the middle of the pre-order sales period, but ended with some large orders on the last couple of days (possibly from sales via donations being collected). Also, the current preorder numbers are just for 3 sales outlets. so the actual preorder numbers are actually larger.The big question is whether the pandemic is affecting some fans' disposable income and spending patterns. We may get high preorder numbers (from hardcore / dedicated fans) but still fall short on album sales from casual fans and GP. We'll have to wait and see. in a couple of weeks.
Korea and Japan are basically back to normal with regards to the Coronavirus, and that’s where most twice sales come from. The trick will be expanding Twice’s international sales, as the US and Europe are still in partial lockdown.

Whisky23

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Korea and Japan are basically back to normal with regards to the Coronavirus, and that’s where most twice sales come from. The trick will be expanding Twice’s international sales, as the US and Europe are still in partial lockdown.
Not quite normal, really. Japan is officially in a recession. SK's economy contracted in Q1, and is expected to contract for 2020, while the IMF is forecasting a pandemic-induced global recession this year onwards. Both JP and SK are export-focused economies, and the EU / US economic downturns will affect them, even though they are both faring better wrt covid19 compared to other parts of the world. But we will know soon enough.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Not quite normal, really. Japan is officially in a recession. SK's economy contracted in Q1, and is expected to contract for 2020, while the IMF is forecasting a pandemic-induced global recession this year onwards. Both JP and SK are export-focused economies, and the EU / US economic downturns will affect them, even though they are both faring better wrt covid19 compared to other parts of the world. But we will know soon enough.
i think most of kpop fans who buy albums are middle to top economy tbh it wont affect th sales, infact most of physical sales from most groups are expanding this year

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
Just because a country is in recession doesn’t mean that the average person is suffering, especially in countries like Japan and Korea where big corporations make up a large part of the economy. Japan has been in and out of recession for the last three decades, and yet sales have increased exponentially for Kpop groups in the country. Besides, this recession was caused by an external crisis, not an internal issue such as a debt crisis or stagnant wages, and is expected to correct itself within a year or two.

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
90k pre orders for More and More has been reached, so I think 100k is in the bag. The real trick will be getting 100k on just ktown4u. It still has 21k to go. Also, does anyone know what’s up with the Chinese pre-orders? I heard from some people that part of the order was already filled out on ktown, while others are saying that they haven’t bought yet?

Last edited:

Whisky23

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Assuming Synnara and Gmarket numbers from the last update stays the same, then preorders from these three outlets are about 500 orders shy of 90K.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Yeah-90k is crazy and should at least pass it by the end of the weekend.
+ we don't even have numbers for a lot of sites too Withdrama, OnceJapan, HMV, Tsutaya, Tower Records, Interpark, etc and it's been in the top 3-5 on Yes24 and Aladin since last week too so the pre-orders are probably much higher right now.

NamieKnowles

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,085
i just hope the other orders are high since KTown doesnt mean much. TWICE had what 30K on KTown before, BP had 108K, and IZONE 85K? We all saw how it played out though. If TWICE is increasing in KTown I am happy but ONLY if it isn't because their sales from other sites are decreasing. If the other sites are increasing or staying the same then I'll be happy. GOT7 has 117K on KTown but peaked at 339K on Gaon. Praying for 500K within the first 2 months of its release.

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
i just hope the other orders are high since KTown doesnt mean much. TWICE had what 30K on KTown before, BP had 108K, and IZONE 85K? We all saw how it played out though. If TWICE is increasing in KTown I am happy but ONLY if it isn't because their sales from other sites are decreasing. If the other sites are increasing or staying the same then I'll be happy. GOT7 has 117K on KTown but peaked at 339K on Gaon. Praying for 500K within the first 2 months of its release.
Ktown is mostly international sales(excluding Japan). Based on the ratio of other Twice albums from ktown to Gaon, we should be seeing WELL over 500k sales first month. While we might see a decrease in sales from other sites, Japanese and Korean sales use totally different things for pre-orders, so it shouldn’t affect Gaon sales that much. But this is all speculation. The only definitive information will come when Hanteo and Gaon report their numbers.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Also RIAJ recently launched new certification for streaming. In the first update TWICE got a few silver certs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that gives Twice 15 cert's in Japan now.

BT Plat
HH Plat
WMU Plat x2
CP Plat
OMT Plat
#T Plat
#T2 Plat
BDZ Plat
&T Plat
TT Gold
TT Silver
Likey Silver
YoY Silver
WiL Silver
Fancy Silver.

StayOnceForTwice

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,300
So according to Navar store pre orders are over 500k
That’s insane! This is the first girl group album that will be certified double platinum, and the fact that they did it with just pre-orders is amazing! I think they have an actual chance(it’s still small though) to sell 1 million with this album by the end of the year.

KoeVek

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,185
That’s insane! This is the first girl group album that will be certified double platinum, and the fact that they did it with just pre-orders is amazing! I think they have an actual chance(it’s still small though) to sell 1 million with this album by the end of the year.

There like no chance for that. It's 500k preorders that stores ordered, so gaon number would be around that 500k. Idk how they would sell another 500k. Feel Special first month was 360k and right now it's 450k, so 600k by the end of the year is reasonable answer.

Also JYPE announced 330k preorders for twicetagram and they ended with 320k in the first 3 months. Similiar situation with What is Love when they announced 350k preorders and they ended up with 335k in the first month. So I think around 470k-500k in the first month for More & More.

Last edited:

AshithBangera

Guardian of Twice❤️ Itzy ❤️ VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭19,879,024
There like no chance for that. It's 500k preorders that stores ordered, so gaon number would be around that 500k. Idk how they would sell another 500k. Feel Special first month was 360k and right now it's 450k, so 600k by the end of the year is reasonable answer.

Also JYPE announced 330k preorders for twicetagram and they ended with 320k in the first 3 months. Similiar situation with What is Love when they announced 350k preorders and they ended up with 335k in the first month. So I think around 470k-500k in the first month for More & More.
Platinum = 250K : Double Platinum = 250K x 2 =500K​

KoeVek

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,185
Platinum = 250K : Double Platinum = 250K x 2 =500K​

I was talking about him/her saying that they have chance for 1 million sales with this album, which i don't think they have any chance for that (they would need to hit super big with more & more and expand the fandom to very big sizes to see 1 million sales with this album)

AshithBangera

Guardian of Twice❤️ Itzy ❤️ VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭19,879,024
I was talking about him/her saying that they have chance for 1 million sales with this album, which i don't think they have any chance for that (they would need to hit super big with more & more and expand the fandom to very big sizes to see 1 million sales with this album)
Ah, i just read the 1st sentence, nvm​

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
That's true and I think we should keep expectations reasonable. But using WiL? and Twicetagram is sort of unreliable these days as both those albums long passed the initial number announced and that was late 2017 and early 2018 so Twice were still relatively unproven back then. We're now talking about a group that has 4 albums ver 400k, a solid track record of almost 0 returns in the last 2 years and it's been a long time since they had a release so I'm confident they will hit the 500k in the first month, at worst second.

I mean the media claimed 400k for Feel Special and it passed it and 530k recently for NCT and they hit 700k and many other groups too. These store pre-orders estimates are usually accurate these days.

Also on a separate point if Twice hit 500k they will become the only GG in history to have an x2 Plat in Japan and Korea. An amazing feat.

Top Bottom