【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

trace

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,400
Trying a new thing in every comeback will just make them appear indecisive. Very rookie mistake. Not good strategy imo.

Anyway have you guys notice that MM hanteo sales were always low during fridays and weekends, but come Monday they get more than 2k sales. I think the Monday numbers were from the TR and HMV sales. Also have they shipped the albums from oncejapan? I haven't noticed any significant increase yet in their Hanteo number that would indicate the sales from the said shop.

KoeVek

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,185
Trying a new thing in every comeback will just make them appear indecisive. Very rookie mistake. Not good strategy imo.

Anyway have you guys notice that MM hanteo sales were always low during fridays and weekends, but come Monday they get more than 2k sales. I think the Monday numbers were from the TR and HMV sales. Also have they shipped the albums from oncejapan? I haven't noticed any significant increase yet in their Hanteo number that would indicate the sales from the said shop.

I feel like the OnceJapan numbers were included in the first day sales.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845

I agree-but really Fancy-Breakthrough-Feel Special all felt cohesive and like that was the 'new' TWICE sound and the fans mostly loved it and the praise they got from the international community was the highest in their career so too was the growth. These songs were largely responsible for TWICE biggest growth spurt since TT...

I think this is the direction they wanted to go tbh but got scared with just how poorly Feel Special performed domestically. The rookie error comes from the fact that they imho panicked and tried to change things up again to take the 'new' TWICE and try to incorporate some 1.0 sound too....which ened up delivering what is essentially their least liked song since probably Signal...very frustrating.

The worrying issue is JYPE has so much ambition for them but 0 ability. JYP doesn't know the Korean market anymore and never knew the international one. He needs to step away from the songs for TWICE permanently. His lyrics in Feel Special were great-but the song was not a success and he took the lead on the arrangement pretty obviously on M&M and it was truly horrible.
His ego needs to be put aside and admit to himself he's not capable of delivering songs of the quality TWICE deserve-can any ONCE realistically tell me they don't feel a little dejected these days when they spot 'The Asiansoul' on the credits? It's feels like a kiss of death.

Also-I don't think HMV is Hanteo certified. Afaik only Tower Records online JP store and their main Shibuya location is currently certified in Japan for sales. Like @KoeVek says I also kind of feel they sent out the order for TwiceJapan on D1.

trace

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,400
I feel like the OnceJapan numbers were included in the first day sales.

Oh really. But in the website it was stated mid-june shipping. I am kinda hoping they will start reflecting next week. Well if the number wont increase next week then we can assume the orders were already added in the 1st week sales.

trace

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,400
I agree-but really Fancy-Breakthrough-Feel Special all felt cohesive and like that was the 'new' TWICE sound and the fans mostly loved it and the praise they got from the international community was the highest in their career so too was the growth. These songs were largely responsible for TWICE biggest growth spurt since TT...

I think this is the direction they wanted to go tbh but got scared with just how poorly Feel Special performed domestically. The rookie error comes from the fact that they imho panicked and tried to change things up again to take the 'new' TWICE and try to incorporate some 1.0 sound too....which ened up delivering what is essentially their least liked song since probably Signal...very frustrating.

The worrying issue is JYPE has so much ambition for them but 0 ability. JYP doesn't know the Korean market anymore and never knew the international one. He needs to step away from the songs for TWICE permanently. His lyrics in Feel Special were great-but the song was not a success and he took the lead on the arrangement pretty obviously on M&M and it was truly horrible.
His ego needs to be put aside and admit to himself he's not capable of delivering songs of the quality TWICE deserve-can any ONCE realistically tell me they don't feel a little dejected these days when they spot 'The Asiansoul' on the credits? It's feels like a kiss of death.

Also-I don't think HMV is Hanteo certified. Afaik only Tower Records online JP store and their main Shibuya location is currently certified in Japan for sales. Like @KoeVek says I also kind of feel they sent out the order for TwiceJapan on D1.

Well I've seen Carats posting about HMV sales in seventeen's hanteo sales so I thought hmv has been certified as well.

Jype playing safe will be the cause of their downfall. While I have sentimental attachment to FS, I found that I actually enjoyed listening more to songs with Twice members direct involvement.. And yeah I understand the hesitations with jyp works.. Coz watching him in nizi project made me questioned his decisions most of the time :meh:

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Well I've seen Carats posting about HMV sales in seventeen's hanteo sales so I thought hmv has been certified as well.

Jype playing safe will be the cause of their downfall. While I have sentimental attachment to FS, I found that I actually enjoyed listening more to songs with Twice members direct involvement.. And yeah I understand the hesitations with jyp works.. Coz watching him in nizi project made me questioned his decisions most of the time :meh:
No I think Carats are wrong about that.

If you go and check the Hanteo family websites theres no listings for any HMV stores.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790

what he do in nizi project??

seriously no hate to JYP tho i know he is the one who create twice but sometimes i feel he is really want to stay relevant..
i want him to tryhard for next comeback. not just twice but all of their artist.

i feel like itzy is also not doing spectacular, they are doing good but not great.

i feel like they should invest more in MV production.

trace

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,400
what he do in nizi project??

seriously no hate to JYP tho i know he is the one who create twice but sometimes i feel he is really want to stay relevant..
i want him to tryhard for next comeback. not just twice but all of their artist.

i feel like itzy is also not doing spectacular, they are doing good but not great.

i feel like they should invest more in MV production.

i just didnt agree with JYP's assessments most of the time.. And he is busy promoting his self in NiziU activities so he may not be super involved with Twice from hereon..

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
i just didnt agree with JYP's assessments most of the time.. And he is busy promoting his self in NiziU activities so he may not be super involved with Twice from hereon..

yeah i dont like it, it seems he want to put more variety so people will blindly attach to his music, rather focusing creating/reviewing BOPs like he used to back in the day.

i really hope JYP music quality doesnt decrease.

JYP GG always known for their music tho but its already 4 release they are doing good not spectacular

ICY > underperform
FEEL Special > underperform
WANNABE > doing better than ICY but still not a hits
More n More > doing better than Wannabe and Feel Special but still not enough to be spectacular.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
yeah i dont like it, it seems he want to put more variety so people will blindly attach to his music, rather focusing creating/reviewing BOPs like he used to back in the day.

i really hope JYP music quality doesnt decrease.

JYP GG always known for their music tho but its already 4 release they are doing good not spectacular

ICY > underperform
FEEL Special > underperform
WANNABE > doing better than ICY but still not a hits
More n More > doing better than Wannabe and Feel Special but still not enough to be spectacular.
I agree JYP was always known for his ability to bring quality girl group tracks out-but recently that's not the case. I know he doesn't work on all of the tracks released-but he has direct involvement in a lot of them and his hands on management means he likely responsible for choosing the title tracks all his idols get...

Lately those choices have been terrible-his attempts at expanding massively all at once is such a poor idea. The companies focus is too split and the 'division' system simply isn't working well at all.

zai

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
I agree JYP was always known for his ability to bring quality girl group tracks out-but recently that's not the case. I know he doesn't work on all of the tracks released-but he has direct involvement in a lot of them and his hands on management means he likely responsible for choosing the title tracks all his idols get...

Lately those choices have been terrible-his attempts at expanding massively all at once is such a poor idea. The companies focus is too split and the 'division' system simply isn't working well at all.
thats why, they need more staff tbh in all division, invest more and they need to raise the salary so it will attract best talent in the industry, all of JYP BG groups still doing fine, not declining but they kinda stagnant..
the only one rising internationally is SKZ, i have feeling once SKZ get in variety like kingdom they will gain domestic fans, once they gain domestic fans i think they will be monster.
got7 need international distribution support, most of their fans are outside korea ffs.
day6 is day6 they doing what they love i just wish they getting some lucky hits like n. flying, their fandom solid tbh inside and outside kr.

if ITZY next release are not doing good or at the level getting allkill, im really worried the quality decreasing, they need to step up.
cmon JYP, both TWICE and ITZY already good in physical really 180 degree from WG and MissA who have no physical sales., they had one job to give your best quality to your MV too, when i see others have good MV im really jealous tbh.

GOOD MV = REPLAYable / easily VIRAL with locals / non kpop fans.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
thats why, they need more staff tbh in all division, invest more and they need to raise the salary so it will attract best talent in the industry, all of JYP BG groups still doing fine, not declining but they kinda stagnant..
the only one rising internationally is SKZ, i have feeling once SKZ get in variety like kingdom they will gain domestic fans, once they gain domestic fans i think they will be monster.
got7 need international distribution support, most of their fans are outside korea ffs.
day6 is day6 they doing what they love i just wish they getting some lucky hits like n. flying, their fandom solid tbh inside and outside kr.

if ITZY next release are not doing good or at the level getting allkill, im really worried the quality decreasing, they need to step up.
cmon JYP, both TWICE and ITZY already good in physical really 180 degree from WG and MissA who have no physical sales., they had one job to give your best quality to your MV too, when i see others have good MV im really jealous tbh.

GOOD MV = REPLAYable / easily VIRAL with locals / non kpop fans.
I feel a similar way-today I was watching More & More and the MV is just not creative or interesting enough...I see what other smaller companies are doing with obviously less money to work with and can't help but feel a little envious. I think with Fancy it was clearly a budget issue...not enough cash was begin put into the product and that really showed, it wasn't only lacking in creativity but also it looked so obviously cheap and low budget. With Feel Special and More & More you can easily tell the MV budget has gone way up but the MV quality hasn't-these are not really considered top music videos in Kpop and I think it's just become obvious Naive has 0 talent for creating interesting and amazing MV's anymore.

I mean some scenes in recent MV's have been really great to me-such as the Momo laundry scene in Fanfare, Chaeyoung white room in FS, etc so these are some really positive changes being made-the company is clearly listening...it's more of a question of ability rather than intention.

I think with a few small but impactful changes to the title tracks and the MV's we'd see a huge change in how these songs are being received, because let's be real at the moment even among fans the last 2 titles have been divisive.

TWICE•MOMO

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Chart hasn't been updated yet on Oricon, it will do on Wednesday. But week 4 Oricon for TWICE apparently. Enormous if true-which I have no reason to doubt.

Goes without saying this is the fastest a GG album has reached 100k.

Ignoring crossover(tho their will be some-at least 10-20%) the combines sales volume for More & More is currently 481k units making it 'soft' confirmed to be the best selling girl group album of all time.

KoeVek

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,185
If that is the case, then we should expect an increase in Hanteo in the coming days..
Most likely not.

My guess is that the OnceJapan numbers were included in the first day, when they got shipped to Japan. In OnceJapan site you get information that they only start shipping to customers from mid-june and can be delayed based on for example weather. So what I got is that those numbers were included only in this last oricon week. But that just my guess lel.

trace

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,400
Most likely not.

My guess is that the OnceJapan numbers were included in the first day, when they got shipped to Japan. In OnceJapan site you get information that they only start shipping to customers from mid-june and can be delayed based on for example weather. So what I got is that those numbers were included only in this last oricon week. But that just my guess lel.

But that would mean Hanteo is actually counting sales that are not yet shipped.

KoeVek

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,185
But that would mean Hanteo is actually counting sales that are not yet shipped.

Hanteo is shit chart anyway. Nobody knows exactly how it counts their sales (either sold officialy or shipped) and they have so much errors on counting sales.

Last week we got like 8k on oricon, but now we suddenly got 50k+? The only thing that make sense are OnceJapan numbers. In first week we got 12k sales and in second 36k, but that's because in first week sales a lot of stores didn't sold album yet and only small portion were available. The biggest sales for Twice were always in 1 week or second and after that the sales slowly declined, but now we make our best week sales in the 4th week? The only thing that changed this comeback is finally adding album for sales on OnceJapan.

Top Bottom