【 NB 】 Taeyeon reveals she has been suffering from depression

Ash-Pikachu+

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,250
201906162339306710_1.jpg

Article: Taeyeon "Suffering from depression... working hard on medication treatments"

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+1,035, -63] Please don't judge depression using your own subjective views, celebrities or non-celebrities alike. You do not know the weight of someone's burden.

2. [+838, -50] How could anyone ask her if she's bipolar... especially after seeing the haters she have to deal with, people who send her DMs written with so much hate. So many crazies in this world.

3. [+575, -52] There are a ton of hate commenters on Nate who can easily be sued, antis who have been bothering her for over 10 years since debut. I've already gotten their IDs and submitted them.

4. [+76, -3] Living with a slump... it's something I can relate to. I've been living for years now with depression and there are times when it gets better but I don't think it's something that can be completely overcome.

5. [+75, -39] But at least you make a lot of money. The rest of us wake up at 6, go on the subway of hell, and live day to day where we can't see further than our own feet. Even with depression, at least be grateful that you're making a lot of money through it all. The rest of us are just depressed and hopeless.

6. [+65, -73] You've already made the kind of money that the rest of us will never see in a lifetime.. what is so depressing about that.. (not hate, just another company worker who's curious.. ㅋ)

7. [+55, -4] Once you fall into depression, it's hard to fight through it... every day becomes a battle. You need people around you to watch out for you to make it through. So please take an interest in the people around you.

8. [+38, -34] If I had 10 billion won, I feel like every day would be amazing no matter how depressed I was

9. [+35, -9] I've been enjoying watching Taenggoo TV on YouTube and I had no idea she was suffering from depression. I hope she gets better soon.

10. [+35, -11] Please feel better ㅜㅜ haters are really nothing but kids with a keyboard so go hard on them if you have to

11. [+34, -6] I feel like staying off of SNS would be better for your mental health

12. [+31, -30] I really have no idea how you can have depression when you have achieved what others could only dream of at such a young age.. I wonder how you could have any problems in life when you have money...

-

Source: Naver

1. [+510, -14] It must be hard for her.. but Taeyeon is a role model for most girl groups these days and I think she can take pride in that. She's tried harder than anyone else so please don't pressure yourself too much...

2. [+293, -8] Always supporting you, Taeyeon

3. [+281, -6] I wonder if this being in the news will make it harder for her ㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+218, -9] Please think before you act, people; celebrities aren't just toys that you can comment hate on whenever you're bored. Go be filial to your parents in that time;

5. [+84, -3] This was a private conversation between her and her fans ㅠㅠ I don't think it's right to put it in the news, and there's nothing good to come out of other people knowing either.. It'd be great if there were only positive people in the world but I know some are going to use this against her to make her life harder ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+82, -3] Love you, Taeyeon, always on your side

7. [+60, -1] Always supporting you, thank you for expressing yourself, I'll always be your fan unni ㅜㅜ

8. [+59, -2] I'm proud of her for being brave enough and I hope she gets her treatments and feels better soon. Please know that there are more people supporting you than not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mei Matsumoto

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
5. [+84, -3] This was a private conversation between her and her fans ㅠㅠ I don't think it's right to put it in the news, and there's nothing good to come out of other people knowing either.. It'd be great if there were only positive people in the world but I know some are going to use this against her to make her life harder ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Well then, the fans shouldn’t have talked and kept quiet.

Kami

惟神の道 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭590,505
Another SM idol suffering from depression...Hope she fights through it.

Taesthetic

Loonaverse's pioneer. Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,085
The perks of living in a competitive society and being a part of a stiff and harsh industry! Fighting Taengoo ♥

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
I am so proud of her for revealing that to the public and i truly do hope she receives support from the industry. I am glad to see the netizens supporting her. Mental health issues are so often overlooked and that can be terrible to the person suffering from them. Awareness however is now being raised and there is hope for less stigma in the future.
Taeyeon Hwaiting!

ruppi

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,545
Really hoping all the best for Taeyeon, I don't like seeing her having such a hard time but I'm happy that she is very open about her fight.
I expected worse comments coming in here tbh, so while there are still many ignorant comments, atleast they aren't as bad as they are under haras articles.. maybe knetz are learning ..or it's simply different people commenting.

Mirela

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭7,465
These are the kind of "news" for which we don't need to read comments translation imo. It's a private matter between her and her fans, what use do we have from reading what a few knets think about it?

Mei Matsumoto

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
These are the kind of "news" for which we don't need to read comments translation imo. It's a private matter between her and her fans, what use do we have from reading what a few knets think about it?

I blame the fans for publicly revealing this information.

KrabbySana

Decapod Crustaceans Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,980
Sad to see that so many people are still so ignorant about this topic and can't help but say "But you are rich, be grateful".

Chu

୨୧ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,217,698
some netizens really don't understand mental health huh
tumblr_ppemzkm7KN1uflcnbo5_r1_100.png

i wish all the best for her and hope she has a lot of support around her <3

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭798,150
5. [+75, -39] But at least you make a lot of money. The rest of us wake up at 6, go on the subway of hell, and live day to day where we can't see further than our own feet. Even with depression, at least be grateful that you're making a lot of money through it all. The rest of us are just depressed and hopeless.

This annoys me so much. Do people really think that if you're earning money, you have no right to feel burdened? People really think celebrities have no struggles in life even though they're getting hate on a daily basis, are always in the spotlight and can go hours without proper sleep in-between schedules

ydng

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭117,265
Fuck off you sound like my entire family. So ignorant smh

imaslave4tzuyu

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,940
Some of the ignorant comments on the original post show that there is still a long way to go for education regarding mental health issues in Korea (and the world tbh). All the fame and success in the world do not equate to a happy + healthy life and stable mental health. I'm hoping Taeyeon has the support and care she needs.

Saint Rose

sʜᴜʀᴀ ɴᴏ ʜᴀɴᴀ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,950
those who says she has money so her depression isn't valid...i hope by that same logic they should stfu in any of their day to day problems because there are countries doing way worst off than S. Korea. See how playing that card is shitty and can be applied to everyone in some way or another, not just celebs

Top Bottom