【 NB 】 Taeyeon reveals she has been suffering from depression

Barbechuu

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
I really hope Taeyeon is not reading these comments at all and only focusing on her fans

Loonathehoe

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,340
Some people on the comments saying bs like "you have money, how can you have depression" *sigh*

Ariadne

BTS OT7 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭300
I’m really proud of her for talking more openly about depression and helping to lift the stigma that exists around discussing it in Korea.

Sooperior Sooyoung

Leader of The Loona Revolution Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭67,425
5. [+75, -39] But at least you make a lot of money. The rest of us wake up at 6, go on the subway of hell, and live day to day where we can't see further than our own feet. Even with depression, at least be grateful that you're making a lot of money through it all. The rest of us are just depressed and hopeless.

6. [+65, -73] You've already made the kind of money that the rest of us will never see in a lifetime.. what is so depressing about that.. (not hate, just another company worker who's curious.. ㅋ)

These people are truly something else. Money isn't everything, you know.

Anyways, i hope tae finds strength and knows she's an inspiration to a lot of us. We will always support you. :shablob:

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
The comments about money are so triggering.

Being able to open up about such issue is a big step. I hope Taeyeon will stay strong knowing she is loved and not alone.

PockyAddict89

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭814,430
I hate the people who downplay celebs depression. Depression does'nt discriminate at all. so the "OMG why is he/she so depressed, he/she is a rich idol that can afford houses, cars and so and so they should be happy, blah blah blah" Annoys me so much and it's annoyingly cruel as hell and dismissive.

Jobless Zeus

#1 Procrastinator 🐱‍🚀 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭128,795
Depression doesn't discriminate, whether you're rich or poor it can find you. Add to that she's in an industry where she's constantly under public's scrutiny if she's anything short than perfection imagine the pressure. The people that are invalidating her depression just because she has money, by their logic they shouldn't be allowed to be depressed because their are tons of people who have it worse than them and would do anything ti have their lives, miss me with that bs. Telling someone with depression that others have it worse never helped.

hess

SNSD ♡ S.H.E ♡ IOI Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
The thing is Korean society practically equates success and happiness with status and wealth. You meet new people and they ask right away about your income and what school you went to, and you get judged off of it. Your resume and interview is heavily influenced by your appearance and attractiveness. So they grow up thinking it's the case that if your career is successful and you're rich that you'll be happy and feel fulfilled. It probably doesn't help for some celebs who then reach that goal only to find out that it doesn't actually mean anything for your personal happiness and wellness. I think that mindset is why it's particularly hard for people in Korea to understand mental health and why celebs can also experience depression. Definitely needs to be more awareness and education, it'll be hard to really change general public perception without changes to part of their culture itself.

I'm happy to see the responses are overall not too bad and many supportive. It's been known for quite a while that she struggles with mental health. I'm glad it sounds like she's in a good place with her relationship with her mental health. She's fighting the stigma and seems to be getting good help. Only wish the best for her.

Top Bottom