【 Taste of Love 】TWICE Sales & Achievements Official Thread

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Looks like the second comeback in a row where they will just miss out on the top 10.

This time around though they are unlucky in a sense that the charts are the most competitive it has been in ages. Their current UL's would have them in the top 10 easily for most other weeks this year. A project group are releasing next week as well so unless they can squeeze in before then or get a boost from somewhere it looks like 11th may be the maximum.

I think this song had/has the opportunity to do really well in SK but they're just not really promoting it in SK much at all to give it that extra bit of exposure. They've mainly consisted of music shows and radio shows (some for their friends like the Day6 member and the G-idle member, people Twice are already bigger than and who Twice are probably bringing more publicity rather than the other way around).

The only genuine SK promo was Amazing Saturday with Dahyun/Sana and Jessi's Youtube channel. This comeback has made is patently clear that JYPE are not fussed about South Korea with Twice even when the song is not western sounding. Was hoping the extra Itzy push meant they'd just keep them there and leave Twice in their main markets but Itzy are still far away from Twice I guess, even in the west.

Last edited:

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Melon is really fucked up. AF is 5th when it comes to streams. It is also top10 on all other charts. I do support chart reform when it comes to boy groups, but totally ignoring streams and focusing on ULs is absolutely stupid. Especially knowing the fact that Twice isn't some boy group with mass streaming. They weren't supposed go be the ones screwed by this.

Glad to see that Melon is losing share

Losing almost 10%, Flo increased twice. Now Genie and Flo have more combined share.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Looks like the second comeback in a row where they will just miss out on the top 10.

This time around though they are unlucky in a sense that the charts are the most competitive it has been in ages. Their current UL's would have them in the top 10 easily for most other weeks this year. A project group are releasing next week as well so unless they can squeeze in before then or get a boost from somewhere it looks like 11th may be the maximum.

I think this song had/has the opportunity to do really well in SK but they're just not really promoting it in SK much at all to give it that extra bit of exposure. They've mainly consisted of music shows and radio shows (some for their friends like the Day6 member and the G-idle member, people Twice are already bigger than and who Twice are probably bringing more publicity rather than the other way around).

The only genuine SK promo was Amazing Saturday with Dahyun/Sana and Jessi's Youtube channel. This comeback has made is patently clear that JYPE are not fussed about South Korea with Twice even when the song is not western sounding. Was hoping the extra Itzy push meant they'd just keep them there and leave Twice in their main markets but Itzy are still far away from Twice I guess, even in the west.
Agree about Melon but I think generally the song is an average hit in Korea nevertheless, likely to get 100 million certification. It will just not be reflected on chart positions but final result will be good. just like StayC and Laboum situation.

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570

Best selling EP by a girl group in the first week in billboard history

First time a girl group get #1 in Billboard Top Album Sales with an EP

And one of the few times this account post about anything else than youtube views, I hope jype know how to mediaplay and market this, they need to step out in their PR area. The album by itself is a big success.

Last edited:

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525

Best selling EP by a girl group in the first week in billboard history

First time a girl group get #1 in Billboard Top Album Sales with an EP

And one of the few times this account post about anything else than youtube views, I hope jype know how to mediaplay and market this, they need to step out in their PR area. The album by itself is a big success.

Idc, really, I love this era so much. Finally a concept and MV I really enjoy. I am grateful that they listened to MV concerns and finally delivered. Easily the best MV since WIL. Hope they keep working with this production team.

They are capable of doing even better MVs, like this one they did for Lay, but I guess the budget from JYP didn't really change, or changed but not that much.

Last edited:

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Is the mini not released in Japan yet?

Was curious about the first week Oricon numbers but no-one has quoted them anywhere yet.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Idc, really, I love this era so much. Finally a concept and MV I really enjoy. I am grateful that they listened to MV concerns and finally delivered. Easily the best MV since WIL. Hope they keep working with this production team.

They are capable of doing even better MVs, like this one they did for Lay, but I guess the budget from JYP didn't really change, or changed but not that much.

Yeah, the stylism also improved in general even if some outfits feel out of place, most of the outfits and make up were amazing (Tzuyu almost the whole era). I hope they continue with this studio and switch with Vikings League who produced Fake & True, and a third production team, when someone think their job is secured and there is no competence their work drops to naive level.

Now we only need improvement in promotions and activities without comeback and during a comeback, also get either some of the old producers or new producers so jyp can finally fuck off, I'm glad this time is a nice song with a genre not that friendly with the public but is the same, if a producer know he always get the title track their work will drop, competence is the best for quality.

oldtimer

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,200
The song is doing relatively okay in the charts lol I think it's in the top 10 of all the relevant ones. I didn't actually expect that.

My only real issue with this comeback is the lack of local promotions. I wish they'd have promoted this similar to how they did More&More where they went on multiple variety shows.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
The song is doing relatively okay in the charts lol I think it's in the top 10 of all the relevant ones. I didn't actually expect that.

My only real issue with this comeback is the lack of local promotions. I wish they'd have promoted this similar to how they did More&More where they went on multiple variety shows.
Going on variety shows shouldn't even be something comeback related. It is something they should be doing in between as well. All the other companies are sending individual members on varieties when there are no group promotions. It is all exposure to public. That's how OMG suddenly hit #1 with Nonstop in the first place. That's how April was getting slowly attention before the scandal hit them. That's how Hwasa got so huge.

I don't even get what Twice have been doing since they finished last promotions and started this one. Learning new song and choreo takes 1 month the most for such an experienced group. For 6 month they've been doing nothing. All the other idols, Mamamoo, RV, OMG are doing something always. Only Twice and Blackpink are sitting out. Is this a big gg way of acting up? Like we don't need all this shit, we are fine?

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Japan sales just keeping diving and diving while overal sales increase If this didn't happen we'd be talking 650-700k. I wonder how much role the photocard issue played. This can't be just due to Covid. Another possible explanation is that many J female Onces moved have become more passive and spending their money on boy groups instead. A lot of boy groups have seen a surge in popularity and sales after Twice reignited the hallyu wave.

With Kura Kura selling under 100k, Perfect World is gonna bomb so hard. I don't even know wtf is JYP expecting looking at the numbers on hand.

Last edited:

Misa

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,611,300
Is the mini not released in Japan yet?

Was curious about the first week Oricon numbers but no-one has quoted them anywhere yet.

Sales this week

oEJ2pmZ.png

I can't find the total sales so far because Taste Of Love is not in the top 25

1-12 12-25

colorpop

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,600
Japan sales just keeping diving and diving while overal sales increase If this didn't happen we'd be talking 650-700k. I wonder how much role the photocard issue played. This can't be just due to Covid. Another possible explanation is that many J female Onces moved have become more passive and spending their money on boy groups instead. A lot of boy groups have seen a surge in popularity and sales after Twice reignited the hallyu wave.

With Kura Kura selling under 100k, Perfect World is gonna bomb so hard. I don't even know wtf is JYP expecting looking at the numbers on hand.

I think NiziU is the group most of j-onces switched to.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
Going on variety shows shouldn't even be something comeback related. It is something they should be doing in between as well. All the other companies are sending individual members on varieties when there are no group promotions. It is all exposure to public. That's how OMG suddenly hit #1 with Nonstop in the first place. That's how April was getting slowly attention before the scandal hit them. That's how Hwasa got so huge.

I don't even get what Twice have been doing since they finished last promotions and started this one. Learning new song and choreo takes 1 month the most for such an experienced group. For 6 month they've been doing nothing. All the other idols, Mamamoo, RV, OMG are doing something always. Only Twice and Blackpink are sitting out. Is this a big gg way of acting up? Like we don't need all this shit, we are fine?

For whatever reason they think the fandom need a video every week through some form of TTT or whatever else rather than trying to promote at all in SK.

With regards to Japanese sales I think Nizi play the biggest part as well. They were marketed in nearly everyway to hit the market Twice used to dominate in Japan. Massively sped up Twice's maturity in the market there.

With regards to boy group sales consistently hitting new heights during Covid in Japan. A lot of these groups have only taken off in the last 2 or so years in Japan so are still on that upward curve with decent promo as well. Even BTS with their worldwide success do more Japanese promo than Twice these days without 3 Japanese members.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Massively sped up Twice's maturity in the market there.
I think going mature is fine but they should've done it with the right concept. Honestly, Twice's mature concepts except for Fancy and Breakthrough have been nothing that I expected or hoped for when they announced going mature. Especially the Japanese ones. Wtf was this burlesque bullshit with Fake and True, Kura Kura with trumpets and stuff? When did shit like that ever did well in Japan or Korea? Songs are just awful, no wonder they all failed.

Cry For Me and Alcohol Free were steps in the right direction, hope they will follow in that direction. Something like CFM for autumn/winter and something like AF for spring/summer.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
Sales this week

oEJ2pmZ.png

I can't find the total sales so far because Taste Of Love is not in the top 25

1-12 12-25
Not bad, if you check Paper sheets you will see that the pattern since the pandemic started for twice sales on oricon is that the first week is usually the weakest one and then somehow like after 4 weeks they get a big entry of sales, unlike before when the first one was the strongest one with the sales decreasing. ToL will probably get 80K-90K on oricon by the end of summer.

Dreamer95

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,525
Not bad, if you check Paper sheets you will see that the pattern since the pandemic started for twice sales on oricon is that the first week is usually the weakest one and then somehow like after 4 weeks they get a big entry of sales, unlike before when the first one was the strongest one with the sales decreasing. ToL will probably get 80K-90K on oricon by the end of summer.

The singles tho, the highlight is that the first day/week sales decreased. After that it mostly similar. Means pre orders are low. At this point it is better to stop putting out singles at all, it is just embarrassing. What's 100k singles even worth for JYP.

NewUser

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,150
I think going mature is fine but they should've done it with the right concept. Honestly, Twice's mature concepts except for Fancy and Breakthrough have been nothing that I expected or hoped for when they announced going mature. Especially the Japanese ones. Wtf was this burlesque bullshit with Fake and True, Kura Kura with trumpets and stuff? When did shit like that ever did well in Japan or Korea? Songs are just awful, no wonder they all failed.

Cry For Me and Alcohol Free were steps in the right direction, hope they will follow in that direction. Something like CFM for autumn/winter and something like AF for spring/summer.
Tbh I wasn't talking about maturing in that sense though it also fits. My maturing point was more about how a product matures quicker when a "new edition" is essentially put out so soon after. Twice had their Japanese debut in 2017, JYPE barely waited 3 years before putting out another group in Japan to hit their market.

I agree about the song choice though. I wonder how different last year would be if ICSM came out in June with the long break hype and Cry for Me in November.

Their Japanese song selections make no sense and haven't for a while. I've said it before on this thread but if your Japanese songs sound like Korean releases what's the point. There's a reason their Japanese songs consistently do worse than the Korean ones in Japan. Similar sounds but one actually gets promoted.

Elessar

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
The singles tho, the highlight is that the first day/week sales decreased. After that it mostly similar. Means pre orders are low. At this point it is better to stop putting out singles at all, it is just embarrassing. What's 100k singles even worth for JYP.
Well that's around 2 million dollars so is not that bad, I guess they are trying to not let down the fanbase that stayed with twice and the public interest for them that is still very big until the pandemic is controlled and they can go touring and doing hi touchs, I'm pretty sure when offline activities return the singles will pull 250K albums again

Top Bottom