🌈👑 We are WithU! The Official NiziU Thread | ♪ #Heartris ♪ 👑🌈

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
On a blue rock in the middle of a big empty.
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
dam when are we getting a proper stage performance or dance practice
Dance practice video would be nice. Stage performance. I don't see us getting one for many months. They are pretty much stuck in Korea right now and even if they weren't it wouldn't matter. There are no shows being done in Japan right now (at least that I'm aware of). Korean shows are for either Korean artists or artists singing Korean songs. Niziu didn't put out any Korean songs so that excludes them from any Korean shows, They might come out with one on their official debut but that would be a long shot. So earliest we can expect any kind of show performance is months away but more likely many many months away. Dance practice is a very likely thing. I would expect it in a few weeks.

mapo

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,550
Dance practice video would be nice. Stage performance. I don't see us getting one for many months. They are pretty much stuck in Korea right now and even if they weren't it wouldn't matter. There are no shows being done in Japan right now (at least that I'm aware of). Korean shows are for either Korean artists or artists singing Korean songs. Niziu didn't put out any Korean songs so that excludes them from any Korean shows, They might come out with one on their official debut but that would be a long shot. So earliest we can expect any kind of show performance is months away but more likely many many months away. Dance practice is a very likely thing. I would expect it in a few weeks.

Actually, at the moment, stage performances are allowed in Japan. Several groups I follow have stage performances scheduled this month. In fact, one is scheduled for later today. There are just government regulations such as 50% capacity, no cheering of any kind allowed, etc. Another solution that some groups are opting for, which I think is the better option, are remote streaming performances that you watch from home, so that’s a route that NiziU could take. So if they are able to return to Japan for their debut, whenever that is, and the situation doesn't worsen there too much, stage performances should be doable.

Last edited:

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

the problem is the source of the ranking data is kprofiles and Japanese fans don’t really use that site. intl fans are a
very small part of the fanbase. all it gives is possibly an idea of international preference.

The official YT charts (which don’t count ad views) came out for the week of June 26 - July 2. Make You Happy accumulated 19.2 million views officially in 4 days. Over half of the views 10.7 million were from Japan.

Last edited:

BPiperDude

Stan
Reaction score
On a blue rock in the middle of a big empty.
Plus Coins
⨭149,400
the problem is the source of the ranking data is kprofiles and Japanese fans don’t really use that site. intl fans are a
very small part of the fanbase. all it gives is possibly an idea of international preference.

The official YT charts (which don’t count ad views) came out for the week of June 26 - July 2. Make You Happy accumulated 19.2 million views officially in 4 days. Over half of the views 10.7 million were from Japan.
Holly $$@@!!!. They beat Blackpink in JP. No way did I see that coming.

🔹 MAYUKA 🔹

𝓞𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝓙𝓲𝓱𝔂𝓸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭110,655

I think their tiktok fancam views give a sense into whose everyone favourite? But maybe when they do handshakes and whatnot we can gauge their individual popularity...

-

19m is still very impressive. Their views are quite insane tbh.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431
I think their tiktok fancam views give a sense into whose everyone favourite? But maybe when they do handshakes and whatnot we can gauge their individual popularity...

-

Tiktok may still just be a certain demographic so it’s just part of the picture. The links also off of other SNS will take you to a specific person first. Mayuka has the lowest tiktok views, likes, comments but we know she’s been surging in popularity in japan.

But it’s pretty clear miihi is the most popular and well known. She won the Nizi website cumulative daily vote and she has consistently the highest SNS response and trends on Japanese sites. Particularly now people have genuine concern for her health and wellbeing so there’s a lot of interest.

That 19 million is just below wannabes ~21 million week1 and higher than the most recent everglow and gidle releases.

Last edited:

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
japan doesn’t seem to have much of a MV stream culture. 10 million+ in a weekly period is rare.
Yeah. Even the top artists in Japan won't get huge YT numbers, despite good digital and physical sales. NiziU's YT numbers are more a reflection of kpop norms that even Japanese fans who are not into kpop are familiar with.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

-

Here's some additional data.

Survey conduct by a Japanese twitter user

Number of answers 2,700

[1 recommendation]
1.Ayaka 20.3%
2nd Mayuka 17.5%
3.Miihi 12.8%

[2 recommendations]
1.Lima 18.5%
2.Miihi 13.7%
3rd Mayuka 13.0%

Male / female fan ratio for those that chose a particular members as their top 1 or 2. Takeaway is their japanese twitter fandom is predominantly female.

Age group of survey takers that chose a particular members as their top 1 or 2. Takeaway twitter fandom predominantly in 20s followed by teens. Older fans like more mature members.

Last edited:
Top Bottom