EVENTS TEAM 2021 Events Team Updates!

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
Events-2.png

Hello, folks! I hope you aren't too fed up with my essays just yet and if you are, I'm sorry (but not really sorry) since today I'll be delivering another one. As the title indicated, this thread's purpose is to provide you with updates with regard to the Events Team as well as events as a whole. If you have any questions after reading, please feel free to ask. Now, let's get right into it.

:HidePar:

Looking-Back.png

2020 had been an eventful year for us. It was the Events Team's first full year. A lot of new items were introduced, with some of the most noteworthy being the Temporary Gif Stamp, the UserxIdol Ring, and the Unique Award.

Even though it had been a very stressful year with what was happening in real life, the team still worked hard to create fun and exciting activities to help users find solace in the memories they created here.

Altogether, the team held a total of 6 large-scale events in 2020, each of which carried its own unique theme and flavor:

Valentine's Arcade (led by AKID❀KI)
Throne Wars: The Legend of Valyria (led by Riri)
First Anniversary (led by AKID❀KI)
Camplus (led by Riri and AKID❀KI)
Dead By Hallyuween (led by Bchip)
Winter H+ Olympics 2020 (led by Stannie)

This hard work paid off when the Events Team was voted as Hallyuplus's favorite staff team in the GPA of 2020.

2020 was also the year of many personnel changes within the team. Let's have a look back at all of our members—both past and present!

Past-Members.png

BlessMeAchoo

DR. K💉M 👄
eunnie
rektinq
Roseychu
Saint Ren

soozie

nn71Z0i.png

(These cards were made by soozie when she was still an active member; hence, she's the only one here with it.)

Current-Members-2.png

@AKID❀KI - member since June of 2019.

CRYasK0.png

@Bchip - member since April of 2020.

7FHcb2W.png

@Chiharu - member since September of 2020.

xRAast8.png

@Riri - member since August of 2019.

Dy2kMmX.png

@Stannie - member since April of 2020.

lolFvWc.png

In 2021 and Moving Forward

So what's in store for the rest of the year? We will continue to work hard to bring new and fun experiences to our users. To ensure that, we have taken a step back to reevaluate our overall system to see what we can do to improve it. With that said, below are the changes to our existing processes and items as well as new ideas and processes we'll be implementing.

Please note that this is just a "rough draft" of the briefing. More details will be available once we go "live" with it.

Effective 07/15/21

1) Users will now be able to marry up to 2 celebrities and 1 user.

The marriage partners must not have been taken by another user. Also, if a user is currently already married to another user and wants to also get an IdolxUser ring as their second ring (a.k.a. without having to divorce), they must make sure that their current partner agrees to it. The only exception is if their partner has not been active in the forum (Hallyuplus) for over 2 months.

2) Users will now be able to convert orbs into plus coins through the Events Team.

The conversion rate is 1 orb (from the user) in exchange for 100K plus coins (from the Events Team).

3) Price changes on existing items:

Unique Award
- stays the same.
Pendant - from 70 orbs to 80 orbs.
Unique Item - from 70 orbs to 100 orbs.
Frame - on sale for 30 orbs and then will be discontinued.
Celebrity Signature - from 45 orbs to 30 orbs.
IdolxUser Ring - from 40 orbs to 50 orbs.
Temporary Stamp - from 40 orbs to 50 orbs.
Friendship Bracelet - from 40 orbs to 50 orbs.
Book Covers - on sale for 20 orbs and then will be discontinued.
UserxUser Ring - from 20 orbs to 40 orbs.
Divorce Paper - stays the same.
Adoption Paper - stays the same.
Collector's Stamp - stays the same.

4) Wandering Merchant.

Once a month or so, the “wandering merchant” will come to Hallyuplus and stay for about 1 to 3 days. He will bring along with him a bag of stolen merchandise to sell—sometimes at highly inflated prices and other times at discounted prices, all depending on his mood. Who knows, if he's happy he might even give you something for "free."

5) Refund of Orbs Items.

Users will now be able to sell most of their orb items back for 50% of the original item’s value (this is based on the original price they purchased the item at). However, a sellback must be accompanied by a purchase of another orb item that's at least equal to 50% or greater of the value of their original item. For example, if they bought a bracelet for 40 orbs. They can sell it back for 20 orbs but must buy another item that's at least 20 orbs or more. Some items are excluded from this—all of which will be detailed in our Orb Store Thread later.

6) New Items:

Idol’s Pet Polaroid (sample below designed by Chomiczewska)
- priced at 10 orbs per polaroid. Users can submit a picture of an idol's pet using one of our polaroid templates. Each pet may only be adopted by 1 user (so, say, if I adopted Ray chan please don't steal him from me).

wxAZSfB.png

Polaroid2.png

UserxUser Couple Items - priced at 30 orbs for a pair of items. These couple items may only be shared between users who are either married to each other or are both unmarried. Items that are currently existing in the orb store are not eligible (e.g. couple ring).

Zodiac Cards (sample below designed by Bchip) - priced at 5 orbs per card. Each sign card may be bought by multiple users, but only for up to a maximum of 5 users per sign.

Regular-Leo.png

Idol/Anime +Cards - finally, we're going to shed some light on those cards we have been talking about over the past two weeks. Yes, some of them will be available for purchase!

The packs will be priced as follows:

1-2 Star Pack - 5 orbs
1-3 Star Pack - 10 orbs
1-4 Star Pack - 20 orbs (only available during events and wandering merchant days)
1-5 Star Pack - 30 orbs (only available during events)
4-5 Star Pack - 50 orbs (only available during events)

Each pack will have 3 cards in it. The cards will be randomized from our inventory so duplicates are highly possible, especially on the ones of lower rarity levels. However, you are allowed to trade them with other users should they have something you want and vice versa. You may also sell your cards to other users. All of these will be detailed in our Official +Cards Thread once we go live with it. We will have a dedicated area for you to display them, but will also give you the option of converting them into shop items!

Please note, although users may buy the 1-2 Star and 1-3 Star Packs outside of special events, any packs they win or purchase during an event will have a slight difference to them to represent that particular event. For example, if you won a pack of 1-2 Star +Cards from Hallyuversary, those cards will look about 99% the same as those you may get after the event; but there's still that 1% of the difference to show that the cards have been bought/won from Hallyuversary.

Users may only purchase up to 3 packs per month (excluding what they may win via games and whatnot).

On every 5th purchase, users are guaranteed an idol/character from the pack they're buying.

We’ll also be holding seasonal surveys to keep the inventory updated. More details to follow!

Sooo now, here is the inventory of our 1st edition of +Cards:

7) New incentives/rewards for monthly elites & monthly giveaway.

As you may already be aware, starting in June, besides orbs we will also be giving away two 1-3 star +Cards (single, not pack) via RNG. There are other plans in the future, though nothing is too concrete yet. But the main goal is that we want to ensure that the fun and benefits get extended further and reach as many of our userbase as possible, and are not just limited to certain groups.

For the monthly gamer elites, we will also be giving out one +Card from the 1-3 star pack to each of our top 1 to 3 elites. Top 4-10 elites get one +Card each from the 1-2 star pack. In addition, if a user has been in the top 10 monthly elites at least 5 times within a calendar year (starting in 2021), they will also be able to claim a customized mafia card (sample below) as an item.

CYtjjmG.png

That's it for now. Thank you for tuning in and have a nice evening! If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here
:poggers:

Mafia cards gfx cr: @soozie
Thread gfx cr: @Bchip

@Gamer Squad

Last edited:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,550
Torn between spending my orbs on items I want before the new prices get implemented or saving my orbs for cards... :wherearethelies:

Lots of exciting things going on, thanks for the update! Gonna try and get myself a mafia card and polaroids for Seventeen's pet rocks. :poggers:

Lilac

fearless of adventure Third Place HoE Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,289,558
love the mafia card and idol pet polaroid designs :wow:

ig time to buy stuff before it goes up in price :pepesanta:

Glad that there's a way to purchase the +Cards-- didn't want to leave it all to RNG!

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭258,150
So much informations (y) Great job !

And those +Cards, I remember a Discord Bot game with thousands of idol cards :LOL:

The Wandering Merchant reminds me Stardew Valley or My Time at Portia (and similar games) with a merchant only present during a few days per week or per month.

RIP me since I don't hunt for orbs :LOL:

Chomiczewska

Hamster First Place HoE Chomi
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,169,849
:Slime: Youngjae at 5 I- What kinda scam is this? I'd like a list of peeps that voted on him pls I need to talk

I also didn't expect that polaroid reveal tshcjhkhigu

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
the mafia cards finally came to life :RunPar:

I promised you they would. Can't let your great work go to waste like that :LovePar:

So much informations (y) Great job !

And those +Cards, I remember a Discord Bot game with thousands of idol cards :LOL:

The Wandering Merchant reminds me Stardew Valley or My Time at Portia (and similar games) with a merchant only present during a few days per week or per month.

RIP me since I don't hunt for orbs :LOL:

We'll have other ways for users to get those cards as well so don't worry! We really don't wanna limit these to just those who play games since a lot of users contribute to this forum in their own way :poggers:

Top Bottom