A.C.E Sign to Asian Agent for US Management & Global Strategy

Astro

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,630,700
spacer.png

K-pop boy band A.C.E has signed with creative talent house Asian Agent for global strategy and U.S. management, following in the footsteps of star Asian Agent clients like BLACKPINK and (G)I-DLE.

Asian Agent is focused on bringing eastern culture to the west through localized promotion and strategic partnerships. A.C.E and their Korean label and management agency, Beat Interactive, first met the company in Los Angeles in February, when the band performed at the 2020 Academy Awards afterparty congratulating Parasite director Bong Joon-Ho for his historic best picture win.

"I'm delighted to work on expanding their international footprint," says Asian Agent's Los Angeles-based chief agent Danny Lee. "I was particularly impressed by the group's live vocals and their street dancing background. It's great to see how far they've come as a boutique agency act -- it feels like a family with them."

The announcement comes as the quintet -- members Jun, Donghun, Wow, Byeongkwan and Kim Chan -- prepare for a packed 2021, which they say will include star-powered music collaborations and a fashion endorsement deal.

"The great thing about working with Asian Agent is that we can plan and implement international strategies thoroughly," said Danny JY Lee, head director at Beat Interactive in Seoul, adding that the past few months of working together has already "led to an increased amount of international media attention, and exciting new musical and promotional opportunities."

A.C.E debuted in 2017 with single "Cactus," which peaked at No. 21 on Billboard's World Digital Song Sales chart. The group has since toured the world and released an album (2018's A.C.E Adventures in Wonderland) and three EPs -- including 2019's Under Cover, which debuted at No. 9 on World Albums, follow-up Under Cover: The Mad Squad and their most recent project in September, HJZM: The Butterfly Phantasy.

"We're excited and inspired for this next chapter of our careers," the band said in a joint statement, "not only to pursue our dreams as a group, but to hopefully reach the dreams and expectations so many of our global fans have for us."

Beat Interactive founder and CEO Kim Hye-im adds that he thinks investing in music is crucial amid the global coronavirus pandemic: "K-pop artists’ musical activities and outside roles are more important than ever to overcome this difficult situation with a sense of mission," he says. "I feel we must continue to give our fans courage and hope to overcome this situation."

Source

Top Bottom