ANNOUNCEMENT A letter to you and an update

roseychu

sungjae's wife Administrator Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭523,571
Pronouns
She/Her
Yesterday, we lost a beautiful, bright star in our lives.
A shining lady who gave us so much with just her smile.
Choi Jinri, better known as Sulli, gave us joy through her music, acting, and other talents. She gave us joy by just living and loving. She became an angel on October 14th, 2019 but remains in our hearts forever.

We want all of you to know that you are our family. We love you and we care about you. While we cannot provide services like therapy and such, we will always be a venue to support you, to love you, to give you that virtual hug you've been waiting for all day. You ARE loved. You are NOT alone.

We encourage you to seek help if you need it. Here are some numbers you can contact if you need to talk.

EG1CCJ0UYAId-NK.png

Also.

A lot of users have been asking us for a ban on the Netizens Hub. We discussed this as moderators and while this might not be the exact answer you want to hear but we decided to disallow any articles that contain hate comments. This means any new thread will have to be approved by our moderators in order to be visible. We feel there are some articles that can encourage a healthy discussion of topics while others are clearly not what we stand for and encourage hate. We do not want this. Please direct your questions to the AAM thread if you have any.

Thank you, and always remember to be kind.

-Hallyu+ staff​

AshithBangera

Guardian of Twice❤️ Itzy ❤️ VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭19,956,524
Thank you, in the future i hope the hateful articles doesn't pass through because of "It doesn't break the rules" excuse. I hope you will be strict in handling of these articles​

G

Galaxy

Thank you very much for posting this, rosey.
:hearteu:

I just wanted to say that if anyone needs someone to talk to, whether we're friends or complete strangers, my PMs are always open. Always. Please don't hesitate to send me a message. I'm not the most qualified person to give advice on this planet but I will do my best.​

doki-doki

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭46,545
Thank you so much, a great decision! :heartpar: I think disallowing hateful netizen comments will make this an overall more positive place.

Idols are human and have feelings, we should all think twice before giving clicks to websites that translate full blown witch-hunts and have power to negatively affect peoples opinion. let's all strive to be better.

miatheikonic

✶ Zactheik💍nic ✶ VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭200
Thank you for posting this, Rosey :heartublob:

I hope this site will be safe place for all that struggle and that we can all feel a bit better coming to this site :heartublob:

I also want to offer my dms, come and talk to me if you feel the need to talk to someone, I will try my best to help, and I will listen to you, that I promise

roseychu

sungjae's wife Administrator Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭523,571
Pronouns
She/Her
Thank you, in the future i hope the hateful articles doesn't pass through because of "It doesn't break the rules" excuse. I hope you will be strict in handling of these articles​
Please remember staff members are humans too. We are trying the best we can.

Kami

惟神の道 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭590,505
There goes most of my threads but it's for the best I guess. I still think we shouldn't ban the Netizen Hub in it's entirety. Articles from Nate should be banned though.

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,350
Pronouns
she/her
Thank you mods and admins for this. I hope we can all contribute to making H+ a safe environment for every user, this is a huge step towards it. Like Rosey wrote, we are all a family here and we should love and support each other as much as possible. With this being said, I would also like to come forward and say my PMs are always open and if you want, I'll gladly give you my Discord as well. No matter how big or small you think your issue is, you deserve someone that listens to you and I can do that.

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
Thank you for being the MVP that you are, and for posting the decision, Rosey. We all strive to be the best we can be and, as human beings, we won't always make decisions that will ensure everyone's happiness. We will do our best, however. We want everyone to feel as though they are in a safe, online environment.

Please reach out to me if you would like to talk. I have only been on H+ for a few months, and have been in this position for even less, but I really do care about this forum and all of the users in it.

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
There goes most of my threads but it's for the best I guess. I still think we shouldn't ban the Netizen Hub in it's entirety. Articles from Nate should be banned though.

Hey Kami,

The Netizen Hub is not completely banned. It has been placed under moderation, which means that mods will have to verify all articles that are being posted in that section. We will be screening out the ones that go against this new forum rule. The rest can stay! We are now in the process of clearing out old threads in that section.

Nimz

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭684,545
Thank you for this~ :hearteu:

If anyone needs to talk, or just needs anyone to listen, my PMs are always open as well. I will help you the best I can.

AshithBangera

Guardian of Twice❤️ Itzy ❤️ VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭19,956,524

Pandaa

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭648,272
What about translations that are mostly fun and positive, but have a couple of minor negative comments? Could it be posted with them removed?

G

Galaxy

What about translations that are mostly fun and positive, but have a couple of minor negative comments? Could it be posted with them removed?

Yes, if you remove the negative comments, it's fine to post them

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
While I appreciate the decision and the circumstances that led to it, I have to admit to having mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I personally have made the conscious decision to remain here on H+ because I do appreciate the relatively drama-free and troll-free discussions around here. That's not to say there haven't been moments where I've gotten my back up, but even heated discussions have their value if people are intent on discussing rather than attacking. And like everyone here, I hope that discussion environment remains.

On the other hand, opposing points of view, even those that you strongly object against, are protected under the principles of free speech. I recently decided to leave one of the discords to focus on this forum as main platform for my Twice and Kpop-related news - I simply prefer the forum format and couldn't afford that time drain that discord can be. But one element of fandom specific discords I've been wary of since the beginning is the often unfettered and unfiltered discussions, especially regarding other fandoms, that can happen on discords - the lack of dissenting or opposing voices can often turn such channels into echo chambers. In that regard, I place a lot of value in the diversity of views and opinions that an open forum can have, and the check and balance that opposing views can play in a discussion.

This is why I feel that this decision, while well-intentioned, may end up encouraging less discussion rather than more. That is not to say that I would like to invite the trolls here to start posting hate-filled threads. But I think a situation in which mods are now pre-approving threads feels like a drastic overstep, and a little Nineteen Eighty Four As it is now, mods aren't always available to answer all our questions or requests round the clock, so I wonder if they will be able to cope with this administrative role on top of everything else.

Just to be clear, this "essay" stems less from the circumstances leading to the decision but more on my own personal views of freedom and free speech. I know that the rules are directed at a particular set of posts referencing a particular set of sites, and I'm not really a big fan of the stuff being posted either. I am also well aware that there are limits to free speech, and that even a society that protects free speech can be destroyed if people choose to speak for extremes. However, I feel that the issue of unwanted hate-filled posts could have been resolved by removing offending posts as and when they crop up, as opposed to imposing a pre-approval process for thread starting.

I certainly would like to maintain a safe and healthy discussion environment in H+, but I'd rather for it to happen because the users are intent on to keeping it safe, rather than be forced to do so. The truth is, we are never far from those comments. Even with the Naver articles or Twitter posts that often get linked at the start of threads, one can often find hateful comments just a scroll away down in the comments.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom