About Dragon Ball Super. Isn't kinda underwhelming with the 1st full super sayian female?

fullofjoy

The innocent one!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭913,845
I find Calufia to be underwhelming. I was expecting more for the 1st full female sayian. She just too overpowering. Like she didn't do anything yet she is so powerful. I was expecting something like what Goku & Vegeta (or at least Kaba) went through (their intensive training) but she didn't do sh*t yet she moving up to super sayian 3. 🙄

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Well, it's Akira Toriyama. You can't expect much from him at this point. He's been through the motion since the end of Frieza saga (I guess Cell arc is fine, but most of the good stuff there was basically from his editorial team).

fullofjoy

The innocent one!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭913,845
Dragon Ball Super as a whole is absolutely underwhelming.
Well that's true but they could have made the female sayian better & I hope I'm not they only one who thought the same thing about her.
Well, it's Akira Toriyama. You can't expect much from him at this point. He's been through the motion since the end of Frieza saga (I guess Cell arc is fine, but most of the good stuff there was basically from his editorial team).
Tbh he did went down after Cell arc but I still enjoyed Buu arc

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Buu arc was great, especially when Fat Buu and Mr Satan became friends

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Buu arc was great, especially when Fat Buu and Mr Satan became friends

Personally I liked it, but it doesn't mean it was done with the same quality as in the past. It was clear Akira Toriyama was winging it at that point. He was totally burned out at that point. The same with Cell arc. He was very over worked at that point already. It was supposed to be the end there. His working pacing at the time was insane even for mangaka's standard (I believe he was working alone on the manga instead having assistants). Like I said lot of the ideas of these arcs are basically editorial suggestions at that point.

I love Toriyama's work, but let's be frank about quality decay. Not saying he doesn't care like some people criticized him for. He cares (like his complaints about DBS anime shoddy animation and personal involved in some side projects). About DBS quality, he doesn't have the same energy as before. You can't expect too much from him.

Top Bottom