aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­4,486,666
I will wait until the promo is over to complaint about SM not promoting a b-side ( i still have hopes :TzuyuKek: )

I'm hoping the absence of a promoted B-side means they'll release a second title track off the same EP.

And if they release a second MV, what song would they pick? Hmmmm. aenergy?

But yeah... one thing I miss is encores and maybe a B-side performance? From my observations tho... does sm artists do b-sides when they were rookies? I don't remember exo or rv promoting b-sides on music shows until maybe after their 3rd year? maybe they will do it after their 1st full album :MomoShook: I predict they will cb early next year with one. :sehunehh:

Red Velvet's Ice Cream Cake and Automatic came out of their first EP.

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­8,152,570
I'm hoping the absence of a promoted B-side means they'll release a second title track off the same EP.

oh that's right... forgot bout Automatic Lol.
hmmm.. It's hard to say. I still feel sm generally doesn't promote much of B-sides. That's usually saved for the idols when they do concerts etc.
Probably they general plan is after a mini.. maybe.. just maybe they might release some special smstation or winter song by end of the year. And by early next year they will make a cb. which could be a full album :squirtlechristmas:But.. who really knows. that's just my prediction. Lol

But to answer your question I feel like they would release Lucid Dream for a second song/mv. Everyone seems to like it and it's much different tempo than savage. At this point I wouldn't mind if they even did a non-serious / tiktok type video. at least it would be something.

Kinda like when RV released "I JUST"

Something like this would satisfy me enough. LOL

cute... :heartublob:this is the infamous 'relay dance' everyone talks about. and if you don't put your artists on this it's considered mistreatment πŸ˜‚:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bellamy

Be strong, be braveγ€° VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­29,760,214
Pronouns
She/Her
:shablob: yeah.. I forgot to say congrats!!!
o92R3yr.gif

I totally feel the same. I mean... SM has their own schedule if or when they want to push to win awards. The way I look at it.. is these weekly music shows are mostly for nugus to get exposure. And one reason why SM sunbaes don't waste their time promoting maybe more than 1-2 weeks. We've heard stories from idols on how they need to get up everyday in the "wee" hours of the morning just to get their hair and makeup done and wait around just to do a 3/4 minute song. And then more waiting around till the end. Granted since covid things might have changed. Like they can just pre-record and leave (unless you are in the final nominations), then you'd have to stay for the winner's announcement. But still.. that's getting up everyday to record. aespa doesn't really need it. sm does the performance videos and the camera work is better anyway. :ROFLMAO: I know fans want to see them on these shows but they aren't stopping to think about the logistics of it.

But yeah... one thing I miss is encores and maybe a B-side performance? From my observations tho... does sm artists do b-sides when they were rookies? I don't remember exo or rv promoting b-sides on music shows until maybe after their 3rd year? maybe they will do it after their 1st full album :MomoShook: I predict they will cb early next year with one. :sehunehh:
I thought same as you (music shows being for nugus) but i changed my mind after comparing NCT and aespa. NCT (127 and Dream) have 5 years old, and they promote the entire week for 3 weeks straight!!! Since their debut, they promote a b-side even with a mini album (RV did the same, and if you search more in the past, EXO, f(x), SHINee, and SNSD did it too -i can't speak of groups i don't pay attention like SUJU, TVXQ)

It's obvious when SM want their groups to win, for example when NCT Dream and RV were promoting at the same time (My First and Last and Rookie), and suddenly RV didn't perform in The Show, so NCT DREAM won or more recently NCT 127, out of nowhere, performed in The Show to be eligible to win (they just performed, didn't stay for the encore). At the end,NCT 127 could grabbed every trophie in 1 week.

If SM don't send aespa to The Show (like they did during Black Mamba) is because they aren't interested in those music show wins -at least for now- next year with a full album ....who knows:smug:

Attending those music shows is awful!!! Bothersome and tiring, but aespa are rookies, even if it's just for fans, it would be cool if they perform more often. When they turn into seniors, they will be performing less and less....so this is their moment.

As dnb said, maybe they will promote a b-side after Savage (like Itzy is doing)...so i won't lose faith:sanapray:

I was hoping for Yeppi Yeppi or Lucid Dream since they have different vibes from the other songs (especially since i watched Karina kind of dancing Yeppi Yeppi)

Reactions: dnb

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­8,152,570

Oh.. do they have live audience again? and do they have live guests/performers? I don't watch her show (or any american talk show for that matter) but whenever there is a kpop guest it's always done by pre-recorded video. So I am not aware if anything has changed. maybe one day kpop groups can travel to be on those shows again.

I thought same as you (music shows being for nugus) but i changed my mind after comparing NCT and aespa. NCT (127 and Dream) have 5 years old, and they promote the entire week for 3 weeks straight!!! Since their debut, they promote a b-side even with a mini album (RV did the same, and if you search more in the past, EXO, f(x), SHINee, and SNSD did it too -i can't speak of groups i don't pay attention like SUJU, TVXQ)

It's obvious when SM want their groups to win, for example when NCT Dream and RV were promoting at the same time (My First and Last and Rookie), and suddenly RV didn't perform in The Show, so NCT DREAM won or more recently NCT 127, out of nowhere, performed in The Show to be eligible to win (they just performed, didn't stay for the encore). At the end,NCT 127 could grabbed every trophie in 1 week.

If SM don't send aespa to The Show (like they did during Black Mamba) is because they aren't interested in those music show wins -at least for now- next year with a full album ....who knows:smug:

Attending those music shows is awful!!! Bothersome and tiring, but aespa are rookies, even if it's just for fans, it would be cool if they perform more often. When they turn into seniors, they will be performing less and less....so this is their moment.

As dnb said, maybe they will promote a b-side after Savage (like Itzy is doing)...so i won't lose faith:sanapray:

I was hoping for Yeppi Yeppi or Lucid Dream since they have different vibes from the other songs (especially since i watched Karina kind of dancing Yeppi Yeppi)

Sometimes it's hard to use Nct as any comparison cuz they are so different and unique. Lol. Like everyone talks bout their nonstop promo but they have so many different subunits and projects that I feel it only seems that way. Like it's not the same subunit that is making comeback after comeback. But people see and read NCT (whether it's wavy, nct dream, nct 127, nct u) and think it's all the same.

I do agree, for now, would be nice to attend little more of the music shows. It's rare to see sm artists on the more nugu ones like The Show or Show Champion. More likely to attend the other ones. And the timing kind of always seems a bit unlucky for aespa. I read that MCD is cancelled next week and there will be no winner? Like really? they weren't able to win this week cuz they didn't perform last week and now they can't win next week cuz it's cancelled. :rolleyes: but ... again like we said. it's not about wins. but still. please award them when credit is due. I know they are scheduled for next week music bank. So they will at least go that far. unless they skip music core and inki. I don't feel they promote any longer on music shows. I know that is gonna make some MYs complain. Lol. But .. this promo cycle seems a step up from NL era for sure. They doing a lot and I'm happy with the content we getting. I'm satisfied :giggle:

Top Bottom