All AKB48 teams to be disbanded, final performances set for August, group later to be replaced by new system featuring permanent members

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925

the teams are going to be replaced by a single group with a permanent line up, they also plan to start a "research students" team (a.k.a trainees)

honestly i think i would be more interested in AKB if they were to have a permanent line up, part of the reason why i think i never really been super into them is because of fear that even if i were to like one team in particular they still could get shuffled anyways

but if they have a set line up then there is nothing to worry so it sounds good to me but i'm a casual fan, i wonder what hardcore fans of the teams / current system think about this, seems like a big shake up

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925
this is interesting. :youdontsay:
idk what's going on but i hope they keep the current lineup even though they will change the system/concept.
the new group is going to have 16 members but currently all the teams together have over 80+ members, a good question is how they are going to be picked

i mean 16 members is still a lot so is still going to be a big group
how about their sister groups tho?? :wherearethelies:
i read that the same thing happened to JKT48, could be a company shake up?

Last edited:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Let's not lose sight of the real victim here.

RIP their best song.

Last edited:
Top Bottom