[allkpop] Mathematicians allegedly discover similar patterns in vote results from finale of 'Produce 48' as 'Produce X 101'

perspherspley

Apink ~ I.O.I ~ Loona ~ IZ*ONE ~ fromis_9 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭991,330
1567135260-produce.jpg

According to 'KBS News' on August 30, Mnet's 'Produce 48' - the third season of the 'Produce' series which created IZ*ONE - is also under suspicions of vote rigging.

After receiving various tips regarding 'Produce 48's vote rigging suspicions, 'KBS News' teamed up with college mathematics professors in order to analyze the voting results from the season finale episode of 'Produce 48'.

Mathematicians allegedly noticed a very similar pattern in the vote results from the finale of 'Produce 48' as the results currently under police investigation from the recently ended 'Produce X 101' - in the form of "vote percentages", which did not divide up evenly when taking into account the total vote count of 4,452,177 votes. Instead, mathematicians pointed out that when they calculated the vote percentages of each of the top 20 contestants, all of the percentages showed decimal numbers which easily rounded up or down to "0" in the 5th decimal - a highly unlikely probability.

Furthermore, mathematicians calculated that Mnet "obtained" the total vote counts of each of the top 20 contestants with an equation where they took the individual percentages up to the 2nd decimal number as shown below, and multiplied it by the total vote count of 4,452,177 - the same pattern seen in the final episode of 'Produce X 101'.

1567136498-1.jpg

1567137123-2.jpg

Source

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
I wonder what the contestants who just missed the cut must be feeling right now. Likewise the finalists who were shocked about actually making the final cut. I'd love to be the fly on the wall as PR and management at Mnet/CJE&M try to contain the fallout of this mess.

Top Bottom